What'S With Farangs & Their Thai Gfs Holding Hands All The Time

xthAi76s

Has anyone noticed that the only people holding hands while walking around are almost ALWAYS Falangs with their BG-looking GFs/wives?

No other couples I see hold hands while walking. Are all the BGs being trained in the same school that encourages hand holding?

Any idea what's going on here?

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does BG mean? I Google it but the only explanation I got was

Abbreviation: Brigadier general. , which would be an incorrect designation for my wife, she is at least a 5 stat general.laugh.png

I enjoy holding hands with my wife, but I will confessed we don't ALWAYS do it,

some times, we let go when we eat or engage in other activitieswink.png

Edited by sirineou

Yes usually new couples do hold hands; In my country anyway

it's called RO-MANCE

does not last unfortunately sad.png

I never see real, respectable Thai women holding hands with their Thai boyfriends/husbands... Only Falangs. Are Falangs the only ones making new relationships?

it's called RO-MANCE

I never see real, respectable Thai women holding hands with their Thai boyfriends/husbands... Only Falangs. Are Falangs the only ones making new relationships?

Of course it's a western thing

farangs start new relationship, feel in love, hold hands, I don't see what's weird about that

it's called RO-MANCE

That is true.

After the initial first few weeks of smitten-ness the hand holding wears off fast. It can then be brought out of the closet for beach holiday and mountain getaways once a year.

I think a lot of the hand holding in Thailand between farangs and BG looking GFs is more down to certain insecurities that the farang and/or the BG looking GF have.

• Like 2

What does BG mean? I Google it but the only ex

bg

Abbreviation: Brigadier general.

I enjoy holding hands with my wife, but I will confessed we don't ALWAYS do it,

some times, we let go when we eat or engage in other activitieswink.png

bg = bar girl

I think a lot of the hand holding in Thailand between farangs and BG looking GFs is more down to certain insecurities that the farang and/or the BG looking GF have.

Why can't it just be romance ?

Edited by aneliane

it's called RO-MANCE

farangs start new relationship, feel in love, hold hands, I don't see what's weird about that

Just seems strange that it's so consistent with 'these' types of couples y'know? To me, if I had to guess, these women are taught to use this hand holding as a strategy to get their marks to trust them in hopes the Falang will part more easily with his money or other resources... Just a guess though.

Why can't it just be romance ?

It can be romance, I do agree. However, I do think a lot of the hand holding u see around Thailand does stem from insecurity, albeit derived from romantic notions.

You know, here in Thailand Thais are generally pretty reserved when it comes to public displays of affection, so it stands out when Falangs and their significant others walk around constantly holding hands. To me, it also looks rather childish, especially in the case of elderly men holding hands with middle-aged or younger women.

it's called RO-MANCE

Just seems strange that it's so consistent with 'these' types of couples y'know? To me, if I had to guess, these women are taught to use this hand holding as a strategy to get their marks to trust them in hopes the Falang will part more easily with his money or other resources... Just a guess though.

OK if you go down that road, it could also easily be that the guy is usually not yet a permanent resident and his visits are limited by time, so he hangs to her as much as poss, and stay very close to her before the flight back home.

Or even he's so used to be lonely at home and here he has finally found someone special that he needs every second to be reminded it's happening

Thais do not exhibit outward affection in public. it is a cultural thing, that is changing with the younger generation.

Married 3 years and counting, and we still hold hands, not Always but many times. we enjoy it, it is good for the heart and good for the soul.

PS: why the BG comment? you mean it is right for Farang with non "BG" looking wife to hold hands but not for the 'BG" looking wife?

• Like 1

Sometimes romance does last aneliane smile.png

Ive seen REGULAR thai couples hold hands. My ex was thai and he instigated hand holding.

Whats the big deal..sorry but i seriously think holding hands is something that is none of our business..its not unrespectable. I remember asking this very same question to my thai ex, as i was concerned ..as i had read it is not appropriate behaviour and he laughed. Have seen perfectly "respectable" looking couples (thai/thai and thai/farang) holding hands.

Sometimes romance does indeed last and when you are really in love, or lust, or extremely strong like, or the start of a new relationship, you tend to hold hands more.

I know those occasions in my life when I have been in budding courtship or lasting love I have enjoyed holding hands and would not have even thought twice about doing so anywhere I went.

You know, here in Thailand Thais are generally pretty reserved when it comes to public displays of affection, so it stands out when Falangs and their significant others walk around constantly holding hands. To me, it also looks rather childish, especially in the case of elderly men holding hands with middle-aged or younger women.

I think you must be living in the 1950s if you think that Thai people consider hand holding to be an unacceptable display of public affection. I don't hold hands because I'm not 15 but I don't see anything wrong with it.

I think you must be living in the 1950s if you think that Thai people consider hand holding to be an unacceptable display of public affection. I don't hold hands because I'm not 15 but I don't see anything wrong with it.

No need to hold hands, if your inthepink

I think the OP's post was loaded and his objectivity is compromised by his prejudices.

I don't only think the OP's post was loaded,

I think the Op might had being a little loaded him self when he posted this threadlaugh.png

Put your hands aver your head, step away from the keyboard, and put the bottle down!!laugh.png

it's called RO-MANCE

That's because they are educated enough to cross a street on their own.

easy, Thai girls don't like anything to do with sex.

its either romance or either party is trying to ensure the other cant get away

Simple deduction.

Follow the financial security.

it's called RO-MANCE

That's because they are educated enough to cross a street on their own.

Might be stop them running off !!!!

Thais do not exhibit outward affection in public. it is a cultural thing, that is changing with the younger generation.

Married 3 years and counting, and we still hold hands, not Always but many times. we enjoy it, it is good for the heart and good for the soul.

PS: why the BG comment? you mean it is right for Farang with non "BG" looking wife to hold hands but not for the 'BG" looking wife?

I see. The BG comment was just an observation/interpretation. Nobody can deny that many of Falang male Thai female relationships fit this description (at least in Bangkok). I'm not one to judge though, so it's fine.

I do think the aneliane's last comment is certainly a possibility. Never thought of that one. I guess my bias against BG-looking women is showing.

Edited by xthAi76s