What'S With Farangs & Their Thai Gfs Holding Hands All The Time

xthAi76s

I agree with eek. I've seen plenty of Thai couples holding hands - the younger ones admittedly but so what?

I agree with you also,only thing is that I noticed that the majority are katoeys.

And we're of to the races.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see Thai couples hold hands occasionally but it's not nearly as common as back home. You do see farang doing it all the time especially with bargirls. The bargirl wants to make their boyfriend feel in love so that they will be more likely to hand over money or buy a house or car or whatever they're after.

• Like 1

i see young thais holding hands all the time. it is when they are very smitten and have probably just started doing it. :)

of course it is kinda funny to see a 45 yo man and 27 yo thai girl all smitten cause they (well really HE) has just started doing it.

:) : )

Sometimes romance does last aneliane smile.png

Ive seen REGULAR thai couples hold hands. My ex was thai and he instigated hand holding.

Whats the big deal..sorry but i seriously think holding hands is something that is none of our business..its not unrespectable. I remember asking this very same question to my thai ex, as i was concerned ..as i had read it is not appropriate behaviour and he laughed. Have seen perfectly "respectable" looking couples (thai/thai and thai/farang) holding hands.

Fifteen years and counting, we still hold hands and heaven forbid even throw an arm around from time to time. I love my wife and don’t care who knows or what they think.wub.png

Yeah you are the lucky few, and you know it, don't rub it off our envious noses please.

vast majority hand holding last a week at best

Sometimes romance does last aneliane smile.png

Ive seen REGULAR thai couples hold hands. My ex was thai and he instigated hand holding.

Whats the big deal..sorry but i seriously think holding hands is something that is none of our business..its not unrespectable. I remember asking this very same question to my thai ex, as i was concerned ..as i had read it is not appropriate behaviour and he laughed. Have seen perfectly "respectable" looking couples (thai/thai and thai/farang) holding hands.

Fifteen years and counting, we still hold hands and heaven forbid even throw an arm around from time to time. I love my wife and don’t care who knows or what they think.wub.png

Yeah you are the lucky few, and you know it, don't rub it off our envious noses please.

vast majority hand holding last a week at best

I'm sitting here holding my GF's hand right now, as I type this. She is in Thailand...

..and I'm in the UK.vampire.gif

• Like 1

I think a lot of the hand holding in Thailand between farangs and BG looking GFs is more down to certain insecurities that the farang and/or the BG looking GF have.

Why can't it just be romance ?

Because it's not.

• Like 1

I think a lot of the hand holding in Thailand between farangs and BG looking GFs is more down to certain insecurities that the farang and/or the BG looking GF have.

Because it's not.

what then mr cynical ?

Because it's not.

what then mr cynical ?

In these cases - a one way street.

10 years married and we still hold hands whenever we're out together (actually, we often hold hands when we're at home just sitting watching TV).

If you feel embarrassed to hold your gf or wife's hand and think it makes you appear to be 15 years old, then you need to grow up and get over yourself.

Why anyone should give 2 f's about it is beyond me.

BTW - tell my wife that holding hands makes her look like a bargirl and you had better be a good runner!

And... yes, I know DON'T FEED THE TROLL.

Over 20 years married to my wife and we also still hold hands when we`re out.

This is not because we are romantic, but rather that this stops her rushing into shops and spending my money.

• Like 2

Yes usually new couples do hold hands; In my country anyway

it's called RO-MANCE

does not last unfortunately sad.png

I never see real, respectable Thai women holding hands with their Thai boyfriends/husbands... Only Falangs. Are Falangs the only ones making new relationships?

Have you never seen farang couples holding hands? A lot of people do it in my country.

10 years married and we still hold hands whenever we're out together (actually, we often hold hands when we're at home just sitting watching TV).

If you feel embarrassed to hold your gf or wife's hand and think it makes you appear to be 15 years old, then you need to grow up and get over yourself.

Why anyone should give 2 f's about it is beyond me.

BTW - tell my wife that holding hands makes her look like a bargirl and you had better be a good runner!

And... yes, I know DON'T FEED THE TROLL.

Over 20 years married to my wife and we also still hold hands when we`re out.

This is not because we are romantic, but rather that this stops her rushing into shops and spending my money.

lol

Thais do not exhibit outward affection in public. it is a cultural thing, that is changing with the younger generation.

Married 3 years and counting, and we still hold hands, not Always but many times. we enjoy it, it is good for the heart and good for the soul.

PS: why the BG comment? you mean it is right for Farang with non "BG" looking wife to hold hands but not for the 'BG" looking wife?

I see. The BG comment was just an observation/interpretation. Nobody can deny that many of Falang male Thai female relationships fit this description (at least in Bangkok). I'm not one to judge though, so it's fine.

I do think the aneliane's last comment is certainly a possibility. Never thought of that one. I guess my bias against BG-looking women is showing.

I think it's you just assuming that if a guy is walking down the street with a younger Thai girl that she is a bar girl. Office girls go out with farang guys too, but maybe they just don't hang out in the bars that you go to.

Because it's not.

what then mr cynical ?

You know what aneliane, sometimes life experience is a good thing. smile.png

I would wonder where the Oil Consultant and Proud Father OP is witnessing this terrible culturally distressing tendency for older farang men to be walking about hand in hand in public with clingy Thai girls that look like they come from the low end of Sukhumvit? Stopping off for a few cold ones on the way home from work are we?

Interesting thread.

When i lived in India I would often walk along the street holding a friends hand. They were of course exclusively male....to have walked along holding an Indian girl's hand would have caused great consternation.

Between male friends it was commonplace.

Things are fairly similar in Thailand really.(except for the male/male hand holding of course!) Outside the obvious fleshpots you don't see much evidence of this behaviour although in student areas etc its fairly common.

Just like most places in the world....young love flourishes in similar ways.

Edited by smokie36
  • Like 1

[You know what aneliane, sometimes life experience is a good thing. smile.png

... as long as it doesn't leave you all bitter and twisted.

But that's the problem with life experience in Thailand,the rose coloured glasses fall off.

I would wonder where the Oil Consultant and Proud Father OP is witnessing this terrible culturally distressing tendency for older farang men to be walking about hand in hand in public with clingy Thai girls that look like they come from the low end of Sukhumvit? Stopping off for a few cold ones on the way home from work are we?

You're being unfair these type of couples are everywhere

[You know what aneliane, sometimes life experience is a good thing. smile.png

... as long as it doesn't leave you all bitter and twisted.

But that's the problem with life experience in Thailand,the rose coloured glasses fall off.

<deleted>! That's what the rose colored contact lenses are for!!!

You're being unfair these type of couples are everywhere

What? Older farang men with, and I quote, "BG-looking GFs/wives".

Apart from the bottom end of Sukhumvit and around Soi Asoke, where are these rare specimens to be seen in such abundance as to provoke the OP into raising the issue here?

PS. Pattaya and Patong doesn't count.

Edited by NanLaew

Thais do not exhibit outward affection in public. it is a cultural thing, that is changing with the younger generation.

Married 3 years and counting, and we still hold hands, not Always but many times. we enjoy it, it is good for the heart and good for the soul.

PS: why the BG comment? you mean it is right for Farang with non "BG" looking wife to hold hands but not for the 'BG" looking wife?

I see. The BG comment was just an observation/interpretation. Nobody can deny that many of Falang male Thai female relationships fit this description (at least in Bangkok). I'm not one to judge though, so it's fine.

I do think the aneliane's last comment is certainly a possibility. Never thought of that one. I guess my bias against BG-looking women is showing.

I think it's you just assuming that if a guy is walking down the street with a younger Thai girl that she is a bar girl. Office girls go out with farang guys too, but maybe they just don't hang out in the bars that you go to.

I don't go to bars at all. I hate bars. Bad music, soccer (which I don't much like), and girls coming by every 3 minutes to bother talk to me in broken English.