TrueVisions' Subscribers Outraged As TV Screens Goes Blank During EURO 2012

webfact

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me it works great, no problem.

I've collected a few quotes from this thread on this question. Somehow I trust the first guy's experience more. The other solutions mean a bit of tweaking, even the guy who put a splitter could have had his dish repositioned first, which makes total sense.

In football forum is topic on this, maybe you want read that too.

I have true box, I bought GMM box from our village cableguy. I want splitter and he said "can do" but first we tried it alone and it worked ok. Then he put splitter and again, no problem, both true and gmm worked. After installation he called gmm and activate those locked channels. They were unlocked after I took power off from gmm box maybe 5minutes. Power on and OTA upgrade came to screen. After that was finished, nothing more to do. And never had to do anything to truevisions dish on the roof.

GMM-Z has HD content of Euro 2012 available via DTV. The box (DTV-HD1) costs around 4500 THB without the antenna and the subscription fees is free for one year. There are 5 HD channels (HD TV1 - Variety, HD-TV2 - Movies, HD-TV3 - Euro Sport, HD-TV4 ASN and HD-TV5 Net Geo Wild). If you already have a True Visions Antenna, you can just use a splitter to split the transmission and watch both True and DTV-HD (but not simultaneously). The programs share the same satellite but the frequencies are on different polarizations whereas the GMM-Z box and Tru Visions box can be turned on at the same time as they share the same polarizations. Hope this helps.... :)

• Like 1

(Sorry for double posting)

Does anyone know how to get in touch with a GMM representative? I followed the instructions for registering (thanks!) but I get some error. Since the call centre menu is in Thai, it doesn't help much. I tried the other menu options and got put on hold for a while, after which the line got disconnected.

Thanks for your help, appreciated.

02841888 then press 4 ask for english speaker ,change the menu language of ur z-box,u will need cardnumber,no card number no registration

Thanks for your help! I tried that already but it didn't work. After a few minutes they simply disconnected me. Anyway, I will keep trying. Good to know that it's number 4 indeed smile.png

Thanks again

maybe because it was weekend and today is holiday,i called them last week 2 times and had no problem at all,try again tomorrow,hope it works

As you can watch the Thai channels online(through each channels own websites) what will the situation be when they show the football?

Will they be able to ban the Internet coverage also,just a question?

As you can watch the Thai channels online(through each channels own websites) what will the situation be when they show the football?

You can still watch them online. There is no effect. The transmission is blocked only for True Visions....

For me it works great, no problem.

I've collected a few quotes from this thread on this question. Somehow I trust the first guy's experience more. The other solutions mean a bit of tweaking, even the guy who put a splitter could have had his dish repositioned first, which makes total sense.

In football forum is topic on this, maybe you want read that too.

http://www.thaivisa....are-showing-it/

I have true box, I bought GMM box from our village cableguy. I want splitter and he said "can do" but first we tried it alone and it worked ok. Then he put splitter and again, no problem, both true and gmm worked. After installation he called gmm and activate those locked channels. They were unlocked after I took power off from gmm box maybe 5minutes. Power on and OTA upgrade came to screen. After that was finished, nothing more to do. And never had to do anything to truevisions dish on the roof.

It is True Visions with GMM-Z box or True Visions with DTV-HD1 box? The second paid would not work together at the same time. You have to turn one of them off. Also check that your splitter is power pass version for both output ports..

You can still watch them online. There is no effect. The transmission is blocked only for True Visions....

That's the answer then for those who have not got the old connection hook the PC up to the telly and away you go same same and no cost also try playing the 5live commentary as it should be around the same delay as the Thai channel over the internet.

• Like 1

Normal levels of service offered, nothing new. Was the same for the last World Cup.

Luckily have cable service which gives me channels 3, 5, 7, 9 etc. plus Astrosport 2 and 3.

No it isn't the same. Last WC I could watch through my True Free to Air eg ch 3, 5, 7, and 9 and did not have to hear the Thai commentary!

Really guys, I don't understand the fuss, it's only football, and even then, it's the WRONG shape, now if it was a more manly game like Australian Rules Football, I could understand the fuss. lol

Aussie Rules.... you mean those guys in gay looking kit playing a game that's a cross between football, rugby and a bar room brawl...!

As for True Visions getting stuffed at least now they know now how their customers have felt for years.

Edited by bigbamboo

@ bigbamboo...lol..far better than watching two teams of pussies, to scared to be touched, playing footsies and horror of horrors, if someone touches them, they crumble to the floor carrying on like school kids...why can't soccer players take a decent manly bump.

Edited by Rorri
  • Like 1

Unfortunately the Fans of Football that were laughing at the fans of American Football last year in October when True stopped the programming of the ASN network, now on GMM Grammy, are finding out what it is like to make plans and have them ruined. All the programing on the GMM Z box in English is at least 2 years old except for live broadcasting and the Thai channels. I have subscribed to the internet for all the sports programming that I watch, Nascar, Baseball, and NFL American Football. It is all in HD and all you need to view it on your tv is get an HDMI cable, plug it in to your computer and your tv and tell your computer that you have 2 screens. You might have to get a computer pro to help you with this part, but it is beautiful. I don't watch football (soccer) so I don't know what is available for it on the internet.

True has made their bed and now will have to sleep in it. GMM Grammy is out to get True. And after all they have taken away from us I don't blame them. Hell it's only 900 Baht for the GMM box and you pay at least 1400 baht to get sports on True. If you want HD it's way more than that. Personally I am my own director and producer and I pay less for the internet connection for the sports than a 1 year subscription for True Sports.

Good Luck Everybody

What is the site you use for streaming sport, iv been looking for a good one as I don't have true

Currently I am subscribing to Nascar Trackpass for American Stock Car Racing and MLB.TV for Baseball. They cost to subscribe to, but not as much as theTrue Gold subscription. I will subscribe to NFL.com for American Football as soon as they change the date on the webpage from 2011 to 2012. Probably this month. I don't watch "real football", so I can't answer that question.

I,m in the sticks so you do lose out on a few things, As a ex class 1 referee, I don't get to see much football. I have a PSI dish (move) large -remote-we used to get formula 1.Idonesia but now NO. But the lot cost me arial- box-package 15,000 bht 1 payment, had it 10 years so at over 1000 bht a year and 7 years of formula 1 not bad. Brilliant BBC, world news, Austrailia T.V. with good Docu., and all the ausie football. Music-(mtv) most Tai TV and about 150 chanels, a lot of them sh#t, but for free tv not bad, The True-and the rest are the biggest rip off near-in the land, plus deposit and forward pay-and wait 3 months when you finish to get deposit back. 20 thousand bht a year--sod off Ha ha. if you don't want movies-get PSI and save ya monthly's. ???

@ bigbamboo...lol..far better than watching two teams of pussies, to scared to be touched, playing footsies and horror of horrors, if someone touches them, they crumble to the floor carrying on like school kids...why can't soccer players take a decent manly bump.

Can't argue with you about modern day footballers!

ur qoute really solves the problem some people are talking about here

I give a dam_n less about soccer, True Vision screwed us American Fans about two years ago when they took real Football and other sports off the air once again over money. True Vision really has no vision for the future.

ROFL - I am american (or actually, I am from the United States of America, which I think is a big difference), and I have news for you -- REAL football IS soccer, you just appear to be unable to acknowledge that fact is all ;>}

Unfortunately the Fans of Football that were laughing at the fans of American Football last year in October when True stopped the programming of the ASN network, now on GMM Grammy, are finding out what it is like to make plans and have them ruined. All the programing on the GMM Z box in English is at least 2 years old except for live broadcasting and the Thai channels. I have subscribed to the internet for all the sports programming that I watch, Nascar, Baseball, and NFL American Football. It is all in HD and all you need to view it on your tv is get an HDMI cable, plug it in to your computer and your tv and tell your computer that you have 2 screens. You might have to get a computer pro to help you with this part, but it is beautiful. I don't watch football (soccer) so I don't know what is available for it on the internet.

True has made their bed and now will have to sleep in it. GMM Grammy is out to get True. And after all they have taken away from us I don't blame them. Hell it's only 900 Baht for the GMM box and you pay at least 1400 baht to get sports on True. If you want HD it's way more than that. Personally I am my own director and producer and I pay less for the internet connection for the sports than a 1 year subscription for True Sports.

Good Luck Everybody

What is the site you use for streaming sport, iv been looking for a good one as I don't have true

myp2p.pe

Cannot see what all the fuss is about. Just gives me a great excuse to sit in the local 'Pub' in Chiang Mai with a pint of Amber Nectar and watch it on a large screen.

Pubs are open at 2 to 4 am?

You can find a bar or two in CM open very late, they are not alergic to money up north.

Can someone tell me what the full channel lists are for the GMM-Z box and the GMM-Z box HD

What costs are the boxes respectively, and the subscription costs...kind regards

P.s. does any of the boxes have PVR...i really would like the eurosport channels too.

• Like 1

not for the first time has the customer / football fan been left out in the "its my ball" state. The blame as far as I am concerned resides with the football authorities who sold the tv rights. they, in the interest of football and the fans who support football, should have mandated open viewing on such platforms. they should also ban Grammy from further broadcasting.

What total crap!! TV and football are both businesses and as such are expected to make a profit for their shareholders do you want them to put a free dummy in your mouth so you can suck it as well?

Can someone tell me what the full channel lists are for the GMM-Z box and the GMM-Z box HD

What costs are the boxes respectively, and the subscription costs...kind regards

P.s. does any of the boxes have PVR...i really would like the eurosport channels too.

4500 THB/5 HD Channels/DTV-HD1 or GMM-Z HD/Free Subscription Fees for 1 Year

(HD TV1 - Variety, HD-TV2 - Movies, HD-TV3 - Euro Sport, HD-TV4 ASN and HD-TV5 Net Geo Wild)

15xx THB/over 80 SD Channels/GMM-Z Box/No Subscription Fees

Hope it helps....