Manchester United

redrus

Old Trafford the preferred location for Spaniard

footballfancast.com

Valencia striker David Villa has revealed he would prefer a move to Manchester United, should he move to the Premier League.

The Spanish striker has been linked with a move away from Valencia, following a recent bust-up with coach Unai Emery and has been linked with both Chelsea and Manchester United in the past week.

Only this morning reports suggest that the Blues are lining up a £33m bid, should the West Londoners have their transfer ban lifted; however it appears that a move to the Bridge doesn’t appeal to the Spaniard, who given the choice would rather move to Old Trafford, providing a deal can be agreed:

A source close to Villa said: “David was approached about the Chelsea move in the summer but did not fancy it. He was not sure how often he would play or whether they played his style.

“Manchester United is his first choice in England, but there is a problem with that because of the price and his age. If it can be agreed with Valencia he would sooner go to Old Trafford.” (Mirror)

redrus

***** Just wondering why someone has tagged a load of Iccle Ciddy players and other bits to the United thread. Surely, that means when they enter those names, they'll be directed to United........ :D

PS; just noticed that when you click a tag, you can see who left it......... :D Mr Jo Mangles........ :)

Absentees mount up for United

Rooney latest player who could miss out against CSKA

By Richard Bailey Sky Sports 2nd November 2009

Manchester United look set to be without a host of first-team stars, including Wayne Rooney, for the UEFA Champions League clash with CSKA Moscow.

The England international missed training on Monday ahead of the match at Old Trafford as speculation mounted that his wife Coleen was about to give birth to their first child.

The 24-year-old only returned from a calf injury against Liverpool last week but the striker's absence is thought to be due to the imminent birth of his first child with the baby already nine days overdue.

Nemanja Vidic, Rio Ferdinand and Ryan Giggs were also missing from training after all three missed the 2-0 win over Blackburn at the weekend.

Red Devils manager Sir Alex Ferguson is confident Vidic (calf) can recover in time for the top-of-the-table match with Chelsea on Sunday while he is less optimistic about defensive partner Ferdinand (calf) and Giggs (knee).

Also absent was forward Dimitar Berbatov although winger Park Ji-sung was able to train after a recent knee injury.

Ferguson had stated on Friday that the South Korean international was expected to be out for another two weeks but it seems the 28-year-old's fluid on his knee has reduced significantly.

Three points against the Russian champions would seal the Red Devils' passage into the knock-out phase of the competition.

redrus

Edited by redrus

Well, I have put a few TAGS on some of the other threads as well :)

:D

Oh right, tag wars is it......! On-line tig......?

:D

It was Toady who started it, honest guv :D

It wasn't me. :D

Oh yes you did, you lying "Toad RAG". You tagged the word "Defeat" on the City thread on the 23/05/09 and then a few more. I noticed it on the 28/09/09 and then went on a tagging spree in the United thread, starting with Carlos Tevez :D

Oh yes you did, you lying "Toad RAG". You tagged the word "Defeat" on the City thread on the 23/05/09 and then a few more. I noticed it on the 28/09/09 and then went on a tagging spree in the United thread, starting with Carlos Tevez :D

:)

It was on channel 3, while not pretty to watch at the back (schoolboy defending), the last 20 mins were exciting. Job done.

As for the coverage, I noticed the Real AC game on Channel 7 had the option for English or Thai commentary while on Channel 3, only Thai. :)

Some atrocious defending - what was going on for their second goal? we seemed to just stop playing and the back four stood watching - combined we some of the worst refering i've seen in a while, made for an interesting game.

Good to have got the job done now and one less thing to worry about.

Some atrocious defending - what was going on for their second goal? we seemed to just stop playing and the back four stood watching - combined we some of the worst refering i've seen in a while, made for an interesting game.

Good to have got the job done now and one less thing to worry about.

Was going to mention Fletcher's penalty / yellow card for diving, but catching Pato's disallowed goal in their match with Real, I see the shoddy referring is not unique to our match.

And you lot have the nerve to call us for Drawing too much. Twice, you have just scraped a Draw in the closing minutes, at the Theatre of Cheating Refs :D

Glass houses and throwing stones james !!

Trolling again Mr BJ, I'm going to add some more TAGS. :)

And you lot have the nerve to call us for Drawing too much. Twice, you have just scraped a Draw in the closing minutes, at the Theatre of Cheating Refs :)

Glass houses and throwing stones james !!

yea if it wasn't for that cheating ref, we would have won. see the fletcher incident from last night. :D

Ref. the Barnsley vs Man utd. actions of the few idiots who are not IMHO genuine fans of the visiting club.

I purposely didn,t comment or post any articles on the day or after as I always thought it was a few rogue followers and not the real supporters of Man Utd.

Anyway I am pleased to post the following article, that for me, warms the cockles of my old heart after reading it,s content.

The Star, Shefffield, Date: 05 November 2009

Ref url:-http://www.thestar.co.uk/sportheadlines/Manchester-United-pay-Barnsley39s-damage.5797257.jp

Manchester United pay Barnsley's damage bill

By Neil Goulding

MANCHESTER United have agreed to compensate Barnsley in full for the damage caused by their supporters at last month's Carling Cup clash.

Oakwell was left counting the cost after a food kiosk was trashed and club staff threatened at half-time.

Eight catering staff had to barricade themselves in a store room for 25 minutes as United fans leaped over counters and stole cash and food.

Eight fans were arrested at the match, four from each club, but it was some of the 6,000 United fans in the North Stand who caused damage to the tune of £10,000.

But Barnsley director Don Rowing revealed: "Manchester United have been very sensible and have met the whole costs for what happened. They have generously agreed to pay us £10,000, the cost of the damage.

"It's a very generous gesture and I applaud them. In this day and age we shouldn't have to tolerate what is tantamount to robbery with violence.

"I would stress that it was a small number who caused the problems, they are not Manchester United fans in the true sense.

"I said at the time, and I'll say again, there is no place in our society for scum who break the rules.

"Our catering staff suffered a real ordeal. It was a horrible experience, something they shouldn't have to face when they are just doing the job.

"My view has always been to punish these fans, I would be in favour of bringing back the birch and teaching them a lesson. The judiciary in this country should use their powers and punish these people. But there's so much hot air in government that nothing ever comes to fruition," said the director.

And following the yobbish scenes Rowing also revealed Barnsley are improving club facilities to handle any future problems.

"We're improving out CCTV facilities and putting grills and shutters on the kiosks to protect our staff," added Rowing.

"This was an isolated incident and we hope that nothing like this happens again. We can't have yobs disrupting proceedings, we won't tolerate it."

Unquote of the articles content

The Barnsley director says it all for me in his various coments and yes it was very generous of Man Utd to pay the costs in full , even though they did not have to.

How many other similar gestures have there been made, willingly and without reservatiion.

Kudos to the club and yes it says much, about the club and it,s directors and all genuine supporters can be proud of this unselfish action.

marshbags :):D

Edited by marshbags

"My view has always been to punish these fans, I would be in favour of bringing back the birch and teaching them a lesson.

Here, here. And when their wounds have healed, shove em in the Army and ship em off to Afghanistan. The Taliban aren't a bunch of helpless Burger sellers, see how the scrotes do having a battle with them. :)

"My view has always been to punish these fans, I would be in favour of bringing back the birch and teaching them a lesson.

Here, here. And when their wounds have healed, shove em in the Army and ship em off to Afghanistan. The Taliban aren't a bunch of helpless Burger sellers, see how the scrotes do having a battle with them. :D

I agree 200%.

BTW, some nice new TAGS at the top Mr BJ :)

Just reading some news about Poppies on the kits for this weekend and how LP and us are being painted as unpatriotic for not having a popping embrodered on our kits for the upcoming games.

I don't understand the fuss quite frankly. Perhaps some of you old timers can help me on this. Is this a 2009 issue or has it been raised in the past? Isn't it enough now to just have the minute of silence? It seemed to be ok in the past.

Anyways, I suspect both LP and us will be wearing red tops this weekend and even if they embrodered a poppy on there, you wouldn't see it.

Just reading some news about Poppies on the kits for this weekend and how LP and us are being painted as unpatriotic for not having a popping embrodered on our kits for the upcoming games.

I don't understand the fuss quite frankly. Perhaps some of you old timers can help me on this. Is this a 2009 issue or has it been raised in the past? Isn't it enough now to just have the minute of silence? It seemed to be ok in the past.

Anyways, I suspect both LP and us will be wearing red tops this weekend and even if they embrodered a poppy on there, you wouldn't see it.

P!ss poor excuse IMHO.

West Brom have red shirts and they will wear the poppy.

Remembrance Day is a day to honour our fallen heroes who died fighting so that you and I have our freedom.

As the years pass, and WW2 is forgotten by many, there are many 'old timers' who want to make sure that these brave men are NOT forgotten, hence the wearing of the poppy.

I find it disgraceful that United, Liverpool and Bolton refuse to wear the poppy as a sign of respect

P!ss poor excuse IMHO.

West Brom have red shirts and they will wear the poppy.

Remembrance Day is a day to honour our fallen heroes who died fighting so that you and I have our freedom.

As the years pass, and WW2 is forgotten by many, there are many 'old timers' who want to make sure that these brave men are NOT forgotten, hence the wearing of the poppy.

I find it disgraceful that United, Liverpool and Bolton refuse to wear the poppy as a sign of respect

Not unsurprising comment there JD. Thankfully a lot of people dont feel the same as you. Here is a comment from someone debating this on the MEN website...

I'm from a military family and contribute every Remembrance Sunday, thats the time I offer my private thought's on the war-dead. I don't want/or need my club to be frog-marched into wearing poppies on their shirts and cow-towed into submission by the poppy police and then glibly say ''Look at us, WE'RE REMEMBERING''.

Of course, I was expecting an odd City fan or 2, to come on our site and say, 'Look, typical Utd disrespecting our Glorious war-dead' - that is just plain nonsense, sad, unwarranted point-scoring and quite frankly, pathetic. And if the roles were reversed, some idiot Utd fan would probably post a similar comment.

I will wear a poppy and remember my family members who died (2 in the great war, 1 in WWII and 1 in Ireland) and will not bat an eyelid, or scream traitor; should a newsreader, a bus-driver, a footballer, a binman, a politician, or even if my grown-up children not be wearing a poppy on Sunday morning - that, after all is what they helped defend, our democracy and freedom of choice.

Full story here... http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/spo...nd_poppy_stance