Manchester United

redrus

That bad news for us owen out thought he might of had a say in the run in,hope diouf can step up now if he gets his chance.

Macheda is back in training but cant see him starting tonight.Its been a lost season for him so far. Owen Hargreaves back playing this Thursday night in reserves against City. Rooney may well be rested tonight.United were short of defenders now its the strike force, amazing. Nani is available after suspension

I Expect us to go 4 4 2.

VDS

Rafeal vidic ferdinand evra

valencia fletcher carrick nani

berbatov diouf

That team is well capable of winning and rooney and scholes to come on if we need to chase the game.

good to see hargreaves back

hope he can make the first team in the comming weeks,maybe at right back?

It is time for other strikers to step up there game now.if not i cannot see Rooney carrying us all the way alone to the title,he needs more support up front...maybe it is time for Berbatov to shine i have seen a little change in his attitude over the last few games so i hope it is down to more confidence the same as Nani.

It is time for other strikers to step up there game now.

With the exception of Berba, the other strikers haven't really been given any match time so don't see how you could ask them to step their game up. It's unfair to expect strikers who haven't played all season to come on and immediately hit the back of the net. Even Rooney couldn't do that. We were incredibly lucky that Macheda managed to do it last season, but expecting a repeat of that might be optimistic. They need 3 or 4 top flight games to really find form.

For me Berba is the man we should be demanding more of. He's had so much time and he's playing in such a good team that he should be on fire right now. We get glimpses but come on, 30 plus goals a season should be a given.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/t...utd/8553124.stm

SAF blames Rooney for injury.

Well i have to agree it was a major surprise how much game time he was given for England. Thought for sure he would be off at half time. A player can only go for so long before their luck runs out re injuries. Things are getting so critical. Rooney has to learn there are limits, even for him.

With the exception of Berba, the other strikers haven't really been given any match time so don't see how you could ask them to step their game up. It's unfair to expect strikers who haven't played all season to come on and immediately hit the back of the net. Even Rooney couldn't do that. We were incredibly lucky that Macheda managed to do it last season, but expecting a repeat of that might be optimistic. They need 3 or 4 top flight games to really find form.

For me Berba is the man we should be demanding more of. He's had so much time and he's playing in such a good team that he should be on fire right now. We get glimpses but come on, 30 plus goals a season should be a given.

Berbatov is not and never will be a 30 goal plus a season player. Neither was he bought on that basis. He was bought for the amount of goals he creates,assists. Why is it that oly SAF and Rooney seem to understand this. Rooney seems to pt alot of his form down to Berba and Valencia, but the fans don't seem to understand. Oh well, thats the Norwegions and Aussies for you :)

Berbatov is not and never will be a 30 goal plus a season player. Neither was he bought on that basis.

I don't agree. His assists are great but he has the touch and class to be scoring a lot more often than he is right now.

Berbatov is not and never will be a 30 goal plus a season player. Neither was he bought on that basis.

I don't agree. His assists are great but he has the touch and class to be scoring a lot more often than he is right now.

Agreed, he should be scoring more. :)

Well i have to agree it was a major surprise how much game time he was given for England. Thought for sure he would be off at half time. A player can only go for so long before their luck runs out re injuries. Things are getting so critical. Rooney has to learn there are limits, even for him.

Well not too worry one man doesn't make a team :) .

Well not too worry one man doesn't make a team :D .

ENLAND without ROONEY? :)

Sorry i forgot we have Crouch and Defoe !! :D

Edited by NADTATIDA1

Well Berbatov has his chance today up front without Rooney,good supply from both Valencia and Nani...Only Diouf a striker on the bench...we will see??

Come on you reds!

Well, at half time they (and he) are looking as toothless as Liverpool without Torres. Wolves are making Man U look ordinary.

Well Berbatov has his chance today up front without Rooney,good supply from both Valencia and Nani...Only Diouf a striker on the bench...we will see??

Come on you reds!

Well, at half time they (and he) are looking as toothless as Liverpool without Torres. Wolves are making Man U look ordinary.

yes i agree,hopfully a better 2nd half?? :)

Come on you reds!

The same toothless team that are top of the league right now :) i get your point though mate,and also they made chelsea look average too.

doyle had a good game for them.

Thought nani had a stinker park did great when he came on,vidic got his head to everything.

Not very convincing display but we got the result and have wednesday nights milan's game to llok forward too.

One of the hardest fought wins all season, largely due to the way we played. First half especially, so many way-ward and down right sloppy passes. Tempo so slow as well. Substitutions made a difference, in particular Nani coming off who was back to his worst.

Mame had a couple of sitters but as i said yesterday, allowance must be made for the fact he's hardly had any playing time.

Same can't be said for Berba, who has played an awful lot this season and he seems to be going nowhere. This is the time when he should be razor sharp and splitting defences apart at every chance. Instead he opts to saunter aimlessly much of the time. Really running out of patience myself with the man. Get it together <deleted> and show a bit of work ethic. 30 million? Nah, lucky to be worth half that right now.

Rant over....

Your laughing, they could be our front two if Rooney gets injured :D

Rooney could be out of the milan game on wednesday night too,just hope it is just a knock and nothing to serious.

Capello should not of played him for 88 mins,he is our one striker who can win the world cup for england and risk him in a friendly when he should have been playing the ones who are trying to impress to make the team, does not make sense to me.

The player Zinedine Zidane recently said was his toughest opponent. The player who just joined 18 others in scoring 100 EPL goals. The player the armchair critics like to label as past it and should hang up the boots well Paul Scholes once again got United out of a very big hole they had created for themselves. Not only did he score he played the full 90 mins and I dont remember too many passes that went astray .

United looked like a team with a hangover after the Carling Cup or maybe they were thinking about AC Milan mid week and Fullham next weekend. Wolves have given a lot of top teams some nervous moments this season and should have earned themselves a point last night. On the day there are no easy games this season.

Rooney could be out of the milan game on wednesday night too,just hope it is just a knock and nothing to serious.

Capello should not of played him for 88 mins,he is our one striker who can win the world cup for england and risk him in a friendly when he should have been playing the ones who are trying to impress to make the team, does not make sense to me.

Agreed.

Just as well we don't have to chase the game on Wednesday. If we did, without Rooney, i'd be seriously worried. This sort of game i think we miss Giggs too. Hope we set out to frustrate them and hold things tight at the back. As the game wears on and they get more anxious to score, hopefully we can capitalise.

One of the hardest fought wins all season, largely due to the way we played. First half especially, so many way-ward and down right sloppy passes. Tempo so slow as well. Substitutions made a difference, in particular Nani coming off who was back to his worst.

Mame had a couple of sitters but as i said yesterday, allowance must be made for the fact he's hardly had any playing time.

Same can't be said for Berba, who has played an awful lot this season and he seems to be going nowhere. This is the time when he should be razor sharp and splitting defences apart at every chance. Instead he opts to saunter aimlessly much of the time. Really running out of patience myself with the man. Get it together <deleted> and show a bit of work ethic. 30 million? Nah, lucky to be worth half that right now.

Rant over....

Not a rant just expressing everybodies frustration with Berbatov and I'm sure he is not happy, either is the Manager. What mystifies me ...why ? he scored a load of goal with Spurs and has scored nearly 50 for Bulgaria no mean feat in a team that is usually facing a defeat everytime they play. Is it a confidence thing ? strikers are notorious for not functioning when they dont have any. He seems content to set up other players rather than being a bit selfish, which all good strikers are at times. Mike Phelan did indicate a few weeks back that Berbatov has a knee problem and that some surgery MAY be needed in the summer ,as he isnt going to the World Cup. I'm not making excuses for him just attempting to find a reason for not producing what we all expected.

Lastly the transfer fee. Lets not forget its not the player who sets the fee.He may well have been happy to go for a lot less and then some of the pressure to perform to peoples expectations is gone. If United were not sitting in top spot, as at today, the concern would be far greater I would suggest

Your laughing, they could be our front two if Rooney gets injured :D

Exactly,thats why i am laughing :D

As mentioned earlier i think Park has been great since he joined United,a real willingness to battle for the team a great engine and scores the odd goal,but a real footballers player.

Berbatov well come on if he is injured he would not be playing,he shown last night he still likes to float about doing fuc_k all,no impression against a defence that really is not that good.

Scholes...A Legend!

Valencia is getting better every time i see him,and is a strong powerful winger,could he be the new??

Nani well he is going to be one of those players that the jury stays out on.

1-0 was a good win considering the performance,wolves should have had a draw.we where lucky at the end.

But keep on rollin and winning games at the end of the season,thats what all fergusons united teams have installed in them.

According to The Observer this morning, sources close to the Red Knights claim that Sir Alex Ferguson supports their bid to take over Manchester United and would be willing to invest his own money should it prove successful.

The Glazer family, which bought Manchester United in 2005 is coming under increasing pressure to sell the club. A combination of the highly visible 'green and gold' campaign and the bid by a group of wealthy figures known as the Red Knights to buy the Old Trafford club, has raised the stakes.

The Observer quotes a source close to the Red Knights, saying "Alex Ferguson is not only supportive of the bid but would be prepared, if successful, to back it," describing it as a "killer blow" to the Glazers.

Another figure is quoted as saying, "We all know we have his support, that he likes the people involved, but we can't embarrass him."

Although the Red Knights refused to confirm Ferguson's support, it is known that one of the leading figures in the bid, Jim O'Neill is a close friend of the Manchester United manager.

The Observer quotes Ferguson himself commenting on the Red Knights, saying "I know some of them, I'm quite friendly with a couple of them. If they want to try to buy the club, it's entirely up to them."

redrus

Girls, help me out here please if possible..

I'm 99% sure that only a couple off Years ago, someone told me that in every Prem Game since day . that your lot have sold out every Away allocation that you have had but i can't find anything on it online..

Any ideas at all & does it ring any bells with any of you ??

I'd assume that it's still the case up to now too..

Girls, help me out here please if possible..

I'm 99% sure that only a couple off Years ago, someone told me that in every Prem Game since day . that your lot have sold out every Away allocation that you have had but i can't find anything on it online..

Any ideas at all & does it ring any bells with any of you ??

I'd assume that it's still the case up to now too..

Def true that but, no idea where you'd find factual evidence to back it up.......... Anyone.?

redrus

I'd say that is true. Especially in London where alot of United supporters come from :)