Manchester United

redrus

Just like to add a thanks to james who helped me with my laptop problem i bought a lenovo.

As for the reds what a difference a week can make in football we win chelsea loose and we are back in it again.

Chelsea are still favourites but with a hard game at anfield it could be up for grabs,but we need to do our job and win the last 3 games,not to sure we will do that but i hope we can.

Chelsea are still favourites but with a hard game at anfield it could be up for grabs,

Of their three fixtures, my feeling is that might be one of the easiest actually. Liverpool won't have much to play for and if the Anfield faithful don't want them to win because of the favour it might be doing us, i think that will affect the players on the pitch. I hope i'm wrong.

Chelsea are still favourites but with a hard game at anfield it could be up for grabs,

Of their three fixtures, my feeling is that might be one of the easiest actually. Liverpool won't have much to play for and if the Anfield faithful don't want them to win because of the favour it might be doing us, i think that will affect the players on the pitch. I hope i'm wrong.

Mate pepe reina is going for the prestgious golden glove again,i think he is one clean sheet behind peter chech,all to play for mate.

Also we beat spurs and arsenal beat city,and liverpool win at burnley they will still have a chance for fourth seeing sprs and city still have to play each other.

All irrelivent i can see us cocking up somewhere.

1) Mate pepe reina is going for the prestgious golden glove again,i think he is one clean sheet behind peter chech,all to play for mate.

2) Also we beat spurs and arsenal beat city,and liverpool win at burnley they will still have a chance for fourth seeing sprs and city still have to play each other.

3) All irrelivent i can see us cocking up somewhere.

1) Bit of a straw clutch that one mate.

2) Yep good point, but quite a few ifs and buts

3) Yep also. I think though if we beat Spurs and Chelsea slip again, we'll really have the bit between our teeth - and at that point anything is possible.

Fingers crossed.

1) Mate pepe reina is going for the prestgious golden glove again,i think he is one clean sheet behind peter chech,all to play for mate.

2) Also we beat spurs and arsenal beat city,and liverpool win at burnley they will still have a chance for fourth seeing sprs and city still have to play each other.

3) Yep also. I think though if we beat Spurs and Chelsea slip again, we'll really have the bit between our teeth - and at that point anything is possible.

Fingers crossed.

Mate no 1 was tongue in cheek :)

All in all a very intresting end to the season and if we get 4 in a row,will take a great team to beat that.

Fingers crossed.

Mate no 1 was tongue in cheek :)

Sorry mate. Should have picked up on that. Where's the "tongue in cheek" smilie when you need it?!

i think that's probably true to be honest. a few of them will have eyes on the world cup and not getting injured and without torres we're generally pretty toothless anyway.

Manchester United's Reserves are Champions of the Barclays Premier Reserve League North

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Warren Joyce's side were mathematically crowned on Tuesday evening when Liverpool, the only remaining side who could catch the table topping Reds, lost to Everton.

Well Done Ole, Warren & the Lads... :)

Man United Reserves 0 - 2 Man City Reserves :D

City reserves stormed into the Manchester Senior Cup final with a superb display against newly-crowned reserve league champions United at Moss Lane this evening.

Two goals in two minutes towards the end of the mini-derby mean the Blues will now face Bolton Wanderers in the final with the date to be announced in the next few days.

United had England keeper Ben Foster to thank for ensuring the Reds went in level at half-time following a dominant first half display from City.

Foster made four excellent saves to keep out the Blues in the first period, but he was eventually beaten on 77 minutes when Robbie Mak rounded him and slid the ball home after being put through by a superb Alex Nimely pass.

Andrew Tutte sealed the victory two minutes later when he burst through from midfield to arrow a low drive past Foster to make it 2-0.City played out the last ten minutes or so with some impressive controlled football to deservedly take their place in this season's MSC final.

Manchester United's Reserves are Champions of the Barclays Premier Reserve League North

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Warren Joyce's side were mathematically crowned on Tuesday evening when Liverpool, the only remaining side who could catch the table topping Reds, lost to Everton.

Well Done Ole, Warren & the Lads... :)

Man United Reserves 0 - 2 Man City Reserves :D

City reserves stormed into the Manchester Senior Cup final with a superb display against newly-crowned reserve league champions United at Moss Lane this evening.

Two goals in two minutes towards the end of the mini-derby mean the Blues will now face Bolton Wanderers in the final with the date to be announced in the next few days.

United had England keeper Ben Foster to thank for ensuring the Reds went in level at half-time following a dominant first half display from City.

Foster made four excellent saves to keep out the Blues in the first period, but he was eventually beaten on 77 minutes when Robbie Mak rounded him and slid the ball home after being put through by a superb Alex Nimely pass.

Andrew Tutte sealed the victory two minutes later when he burst through from midfield to arrow a low drive past Foster to make it 2-0.City played out the last ten minutes or so with some impressive controlled football to deservedly take their place in this season's MSC final.

Grasping at straws again BJ? :D

All part and parcel of being a City fan, jim :)

You could have said "strength in depth'.

I think City could be a real force next season, especially if they get 150m quid to spend on major players.

agree but also think their pulling power hinges on them getting fourth and CL next season.

they'll be using the world cup like a shopping mall.

I think City could be a real force next season, especially if they get 150m quid to spend on major players.

That was a sarcastic comment i hope SC?

:D:D:D

Edited by NADTATIDA1

That was a sarcastic comment i hope SC?

:D:D:D

Yeah. More like strength in wallet! :D

agree but also think their pulling power hinges on them getting fourth and CL next season.

they'll be using the world cup like a shopping mall.

You are entirely correct Stevie but they probably won't qualify 4th so it will be interesting to see who the big names will be who put their wallets above CL silverware

I can tell that today is going to be a game of mixed emotions. If we lose or draw obviously very depressing. If we win, elation but muted by the fact it might well mean nothing.

For me if the title is going to change directions something has to happen this weekend.

Yes a big weekend for all the top teams,everyone still in with a shout of something which is good for the premier league.

Would't surprise me to see us and chealsea both draw,just hope we score a few today and get that goal diff sorted!

Should be a cracking match though really looking forward too it!

Come on you reds!!!

If Chelsea end up drawing and we haven't capitalised then i really feel like our window of oppurtunity will have passed. Chelsea is like a boxer on the wobble and if you don't take the chance to strike immediately they'll come back at you stronger.

Great result!

Still in with a chance,i thought Scholsey was outstanding again and Vidic made a few timely tackles.

Definate two penaltys.... spurs had no arguments there? both tucked away well by Giggsy and Nani's goal was wonderful.

What was Rafeal trying to do with that goal of there's? never leave your post son!

Don't know why Rooney never played maybe a problem with his foot again.

Berbatov looked like a Sunday league player and his falling over was quite embarrasing really,still a great result against a good side.

edit.. Rooney looks like he will miss the remaining two games of the season with a groin injury. :) but will be ok for the World Cup!

Edited by NADTATIDA1

Rafael you naughty boy! Fergie would have had him over his knee were not for those two late goals.

The lad was obviously distracted by thoughts of what to have for tea as he drifted aimlessly away from the line before the ball had even got to the first man.

Five minutes later he is down the other end on the by-line weaving through defenders like a Giggsy. Hard to stay cross with him, especially with that baby face of his.

Berba and Nani, the two most frustrating players in our team, played their part - Nani more than Berba - and Macheda really made a difference. Seems like he is ready to start as a sub but not to make a full start. Shame because if we could get a full 90 minutes out of him like that he could be really useful, what with the news about Rooney.

Re the title, do we dare to dream?

Trying my best not to. Tomorrow? Maybe...

Edited by rixalex

The dream could still become reality Rix - never lose the faith.

With players like Scholes Giggs, Vidic and even Fletcher the hunger and commitment is there "In Spades"

Nani is still one of the most frustrating players I have ever watched, the lad has exceptional talent but his decision making leaves me bashing my head on the bar. I look after a 6 y.o lad, Tommy, who has similar attributes, but I excuse him as I only pay him in ice-creams & kanom. :)

Berbatov is another who is guilty of similar acts of bad decisions during the game, but his actions I think are more about self confidence at the moment.

No problem for Giggsy though when it was time to take the penalty (though in my day the old fashioned centre-forward automatically placed the ball on the spot and god help anybody who tried to argue otherwise). Scholesy was masterful in midfield and Vidic was once again a rock in defence.

In Fergie we trust.

Nani is still one of the most frustrating players I have ever watched, the lad has exceptional talent but his decision making leaves me bashing my head on the bar.

Not only poor decision making but also crap balls at vital moments. Even if he plays well for the next two games, i reckon that would still only make about ten games that he has played for us this season when he has lived up to what he promises. Simply not good enough to be that patchy.

Berbatov is another who is guilty of similar acts of bad decisions during the game, but his actions I think are more about self confidence at the moment.

Indeed. That moment he was set free with one defender to negotiate he just didn't seem to know what to do - ended up just falling on his arse. Speaking of which, who i wonder was responsible for making the pitch like an ice-rink?! With it being that slippery, made things very dangerous. Especially worried when Bale was up against O'Shea.

No problem for Giggsy though when it was time to take the penalty (though in my day the old fashioned centre-forward automatically placed the ball on the spot and god help anybody who tried to argue otherwise).

Worryingly, Fergie apparently left it to Giggsy and Nani to decide who would take it. Thank goodness Giggsy stepped up. Would have been just like Nani after all the good work he had done to hoof it into the stands.

Good result did not play great but results are all that matter this time of the season.

scholes was class again.

Nani's goal was well taken.

Now for our friendly neighbors liverpool to do us a big favour.

I'm so bored with Berbatov, he could score the winner in the next 2 matches and we win the title and i'd still want to see him gone in the summer.

He's just so f*cking crap at this point. The result really masked his crapness. It felt like trying to play a game with only a defense and midfield.

Did he even put a shot on target all game?

The match really highlighted the difference between Nani and Berbs. Both have got a lot of criticism and a lot of fans have wanted them out. But Nani has pushed on and improved (still frustrating) but has come up with the goods when it matters this season, and looks like a threat. Berbatov has done absolutely nothing, only gotten worse really.

How many times was a midfielder running down the wing and Berbatov was running away from the box...<deleted>

With Rooney's injury he has really had his chance to redeem himself, and i think it summed it up pretty well last night when he was running in the box about to shoot and literally fell flat on his face. Looked like a new born giraffe trying to stand up for the first time...

No complaints Utd....simply better than us yesterday. Scholes has to be what 36 by now or something....outstanding performance and Giggs penalties were well placed.

Fair play to you hope you beat Chelsea to the title. :)

I have no complaints about the penalties Smokie, they were clumsy mistakes. Apart from that Gomes had little or nothing to do and i think there was little or nothing to choose between the sides, but we only have ourselves to blame