Manchester United

redrus

So how many shares you gonna buy abrak?

Absolutely none BUT...

1) I do think they are 'worth' the value that people are talking about...

2) I do think they will probably raise the money (A US$1bn) that people are talking about...

3) Whatever I think will not matter if they raise US$1bn for a 30% stake. Raising US$1bn for a 30% stake will matter a whole lot.

I am simply only interested in the indirect consequences of what I see as a probable circumstance. When ManU appear insolvent (again) I will be interested in investing in them.

its the glazers. Under their ownership we have seriously declined-on and off the pitch.

That is simply your opinion... I just dont think it stacks up to the statistical reality.

Found this quote from another site that pretty much sums up my thoughts...

That is basically what me, Stateside and a shitload of others have been trying to point out to everyone else. Somehow people seem to think that some Sheikh with oil money is better than the Glazers. That is pure tunnel vision of hate for the Glazers IMO. In fact, even if we had Oil money, I don’t think Sir Alex would spend it. Our club has been built on a foundation of bringing youth on, buying experienced players for the best available price and strengthening only when needed. It has resulted in 19 league trophies (4 of which were won after the Glazers took over), 3 European trophies (1 of which after Glazer) and a shitload of other trophies. I would say our platform is working pretty well given the kind of youth players we are seeing coming through.

If the Glazers clear the debt, and stay away from football, I couldn’t care less about anything else as long as we keep winning on the pitch. If our football suffers, then I might take notice, but with a certain Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson heading that side of things, I am not worried in the least.

Will be interested in seeing the team sheet for this weekend, against Bolton, with Benfica and Chelsea all within the folowing 7 days. Can't help thinking some of the more experienced players Park,Fletcher Ferdinand,Berbatov,Carrick will get the call up.Problem with the younger players is that they know no fear and have not ,as yet, learnt the art of pacing themselves.SAF has always protected them from burn out.This comp is a marathon not a sprint.

Disappointed that Diouf and Macheda did not go out on loan.As I have said before sitting in the stands doesn't help one bit and if you need proof look at the improvement in Cleverley and Wellbeck after a run of games in the top grade last season.Surprised Macheda did not go to Newcastle.

If anyone hasn't seen Paul Pogba a young French player who has been with United for a while you might see him soon in the Carling or FA cup sides.Attacking, right sided, midfielder,big potential and another Will Keane (no relation) also waiting in the wings..future looks bright.

.future looks bright.

Let me ask you one little question Sparks :D has there ever been a time or will there ever be a time when the future did/does not look bright at your club ;)

Note to self. Remember Sparks post when SAF hands in his keys and gives everyone their hairdryers back for the last time.

.future looks bright.

Let me ask you one little question Sparks :D has there ever been a time or will there ever be a time when the future did/does not look bright at your club ;)

Note to self. Remember Sparks post when SAF hands in his keys and gives everyone their hairdryers back for the last time.

It true BJ, the influence Sir has on those players is incredible. Yes, they have some outstanding players but he constantly has them punching well aove their weight. Theres no one that i can see that would come close to filling his slippers.

.future looks bright.

It true BJ, the influence Sir has on those players is incredible. Yes, they have some outstanding players but he constantly has them punching well aove their weight. Theres no one that i can see that would come close to filling his slippers.

Absolutely. Actually, I think he should be forced to retire. He's keeping somebody else who needs the money, from getting a job. :D

It's a bizarre thing, isn't it? Just what is it he does, that other managers don't? What is it he can do, that others can't? As you say, it's not as if, player for player, the team is that much better than any of the other top Premiership teams. I don't understand it.

One thing i do understand though, when he goes, things will never be the same... at least not for United. A happy day for all other clubs i'm sure.

Anyway, I'm just enjoying it whilst it lasts, and i never forget that one day, this will all end. I guess all good things have to...

It's a bizarre thing, isn't it? Just what is it he does, that other managers don't? What is it he can do, that others can't? As you say, it's not as if, player for player, the team is that much better than any of the other top Premiership teams. I don't understand it.

One thing i do understand though, when he goes, things will never be the same... at least not for United. A happy day for all other clubs i'm sure.

Anyway, I'm just enjoying it whilst it lasts, and i never forget that one day, this will all end. I guess all good things have to...

he has an aura about him from years of winning. winning is everything in football and players who are chosen by him to play must have so much total faith in themselves because he wouldn't pick them if he didn't think they would go out and win. so he gets an extra 20 or 30% out of them through sheer personality and force of will.

he's absolutely irreplaceable though. i genuinely have no idea who united will look to to take over from him and i think that's part of why he's not retired before now.

he has an aura about him from years of winning. winning is everything in football and players who are chosen by him to play must have so much total faith in themselves because he wouldn't pick them if he didn't think they would go out and win. so he gets an extra 20 or 30% out of them through sheer personality and force of will.

he's absolutely irreplaceable though. i genuinely have no idea who united will look to to take over from him and i think that's part of why he's not retired before now.

How do you explain what he did at Aberdeen then? There's more substance there than just an "aura of winning" in my opinion.

How do you explain what he did at Aberdeen then? There's more substance there than just an "aura of winning" in my opinion.

Its's true Smokie look what he did at St Mirren ( the only club to fire him) he manages to keep good players happy ( no matter what problems arise) until they are too big for their boots...

BT

Absolutely right about his exploits in the northern wilderness smokes but i think we'll take his tactical and technical abilities as a given from the very early days of his career. Its his phenominal man management abilities that transcend him above other managers. His force of character also puts unprecedented pressure on referees as Howard will confirm.

Sir Alex Ferguson wants referee Andre Marriner to give his Manchester United keeper David de Gea adequate protection against Bolton on Saturday

Surely ole red nose isn't asking for special treatment because the boy is young and inexperienced, perhaps we need to bring in a new rule whereby forwards are not allowed within 1 yard of a keeper if he is new to the premiership :D

Edited by alfieconn

Surely ole red nose isn't asking for special treatment because the boy is young and inexperienced, perhaps we need to bring in a new rule whereby forwards are not allowed within 1 yard of a keeper if he is new to the premiership :D

Sometimes it seems to me that that rule already exists for the benefit of all keepers.

Far too over-protected the lot of them, in my opinion. Always getting the benefit of 50 50 challenges. Often getting the benefit of 30 70 challenges, that aren't in their favour.

Sir Alex Ferguson wants referee Andre Marriner to give his Manchester United keeper David de Gea adequate protection against Bolton on Saturday

No. He's asking for protection cos he knows he's <deleted> :D

No. He's asking for protection cos he knows he's <deleted> :D

He's actually a very good keeper but he needs to put on about 5 kilos of muscle mass. He's built like a waif and can't run out and command the box. He's currently making life harder than it should be for his center backs. (that said Jonny Evans is crap in any position imvo)

Sorry but its only a short term problem for Sir Red Nose. :D

Edited by carmine

He will be another great signing once he learns a little bit more about the English game,he is lucky we have started well and have a lot of confidence running through the team at the moment also of course he will have a strengh building programme at Carrington going on right now.

He has made a couple of mistakes that where very similar getting down to soft shots and letting them pass him far too easily,so it is obvious that it is down to nerves at the moment.

Crosses he really does need to be more commanding and that will also come from a better understanding of the English game and good training.

Also i think it is fair to point out he has made some good saves in the Arsenal game especially,he aslo did well against the Spurs.

His distribution is his strong point and will assist us on the break too.

He is lucky to be in a very good side and like i said earlier we really can afford to lose a goal at the moment the way we have started.......same as your team really.