Manchester United

redrus

I think Sir will be very happy with three points yesterday and even happier that Norwich don't have a decent striker otherwise you would have been punished.

Interesting competition brewing between two decent keepers as to who's going to be first choice this season.

Yep i think there is a niggling thought in Fergies mind about the position but it is good for competition,both keepers are young and have kept us in the last two games!

I think Sir will be very happy with three points yesterday and even happier that Norwich don't have a decent striker otherwise you would have been punished.

Interesting competition brewing between two decent keepers as to who's going to be first choice this season.

Yep i think there is a niggling thought in Fergies mind about the position but it is good for competition,both keepers are young and have kept us in the last two games!

I agree. I see no problem rotating them from what i've seen of the two of them.

Sir Alex Ferguson claims he could remain in the Manchester United hot-seat for another four years.

The legendary Scot has already occupied the position for 25 years, overseeing a glittering era in the Red Devils' history.

He came close to stepping down in 2002, but a change of heart saw him shelve his retirement plans indefinitely.

Speculation continues to rage regarding his Old Trafford tenure, with various dates offered up as potential end points.

Ferguson, though, has always maintained that he will stay on for as long as he is enjoying his work and for as long as he feels he can do the job.

He may be fast approaching his 70th birthday, but the Scot insists he has no plans to walk away any time soon, with it possible that he could remain in the post until 2015.

"I've got three or four years left," said Ferguson.

Spirit"I feel good. But when I do leave, I will leave in place a strong young team that will continue to succeed for my successor."

Ferguson has helped United to dominate English football and claims his success is down to creating a mentality that is geared more towards the collective effort than individual reward.

He added: "It's all about team spirit.

"In a match, I only need eight of my players to be on top form. If the other three aren't up to it, it's not €serious. The other eight do the work for them.

"There has only been six matches where I've had all 11 players perform at their very best. It's like swallows. They always fly together in a group, in a V formation, and those at the front do the majority of the work. And they alternate regularly.

"If one swallow flies out of formation, two others go to get him and bring him back into the group. It's the same in my teams - sacrifice, friendship, and the giving of oneself to the team."

"If one swallow flies out of formation, two others go to get him and bring him back into the group. It's the same in my teams - sacrifice, friendship, and the giving of oneself to the team."

[/font]

Aaaaw. Isn't that nice. He's a big softy isn't he. :D

All joking aside your lot could learn from that statement...

[/font]

What. Only our lot could learn from it? Your lot couldn't because they already adopt that attitude do they?

[/font]

What. Only our lot could learn from it? Your lot couldn't because they already adopt that attitude do they?

biggrin.gifBit touchy you lot at the moment aintcha?...and I don't mean touchy feely neither. ermm.gifohmy.gif

So the pre-match reports on young Wayne about how he was relaxed and unaffected by his (allegedly) bent papa's antics showed to be the hogwash they were then.

Either that or he was just taking another one up the tunnel for Daddy. If so he nearly managed to get the loss that would have put the family quids in :rolleyes:

Watching England is no respite from a dull Arsenal season. I quit the pub 10 minutes from the end vowing never to watch another England game. Absolute $hite.

A dull start to the season by Arsenal yes,will surely start to get better over the next few weeks though and they will be up in the top end before christmas.

Watching England and Arsenal at the moment i can well understand your feelings smile.gif but i wouldn't of quit the pub for them......more likely taken on more happy fuel to quell the urge to cry laugh.gif

Happy to see that Vidic played for his country this week and missed a penalty! shocking penalty it was it would of enabled Serbia to go on in the Euro's but not to be......then he has retired from international football following the game at teh age of 29,will be good to have him back against Liverpool.

Ande Marriner is the ref by the way rolleyes.gif

Entirely predictable that the anti big British battalion brigade at UEFA would give Rooney a 3 match ban.

Striking an opponent in the face - sure 3 matches - but 3 matches for a petulant kick? wankuz!

Entirely predictable that the anti big British battalion brigade at UEFA would give Rooney a 3 match ban.

Striking an opponent in the face - sure 3 matches - but 3 matches for a petulant kick? wankuz!

He's English. I hope they appeal and he misses the first World Cup qualifier....rolleyes.gif

Smalling at full back and Jones in the middle with Vidic..... but as you say i think Rio will play because of his experience against Liverpool.More importantly against the scourers is who we will have for the midfield battle always the area in this game that needs to be controlled.

As for Rooney it does not surprise me at UEFA'S decision blink.gif i suppose it is good news for United wink.gif

violent conduct wasn't it? perfectly normal to get an extended ban for that. you're not attempting to mount a defence of his moronic actions are you santi?

violent conduct wasn't it? perfectly normal to get an extended ban for that. you're not attempting to mount a defence of his moronic actions are you santi?

Come on Stevie violent? i kick the dog harder annoyed.gif If he would of knocked him spark out then yes but 3 games for a petulant kick i think it is harsh but like i said good for United biggrin.gif

Come on Stevie violent? i kick the dog harder annoyed.gif If he would of knocked him spark out then yes but 3 games for a petulant kick i think it is harsh but like i said good for United biggrin.gif

petulant? petulant is what spoiled and stroppy teenagers do. rooney's supposed to be a grown adult and senior professional player now. anyhow, not like i care about the fate of england particularly.

Come off it Red. Take your red glasses off. If it was Balotelli who did the same, you'd be calling him a nutter (again) and wanting him banned from the game for 15 years.

Rooney acted like a <deleted> and recieved the punishment he deserved. I can't understand what the debate is about. I thought the only person that didn't think it a red was that footballing visionary, Joe Hart.

Edited by carmine

If you done that on the street ss you'd be nicked but doing it on a football pitch makes it ok i suppose ;)