Manchester United

redrus

Danny Signs Extension With Club He’s Supported All His Life

August 22, 2012-RoM

Manchester United have today confirmed that Danny Welbeck has signed a four-year extension at the club to keep him with us until at least 2016.

“Playing for United is all I’ve ever wanted to do – it’s the club I’ve supported all my life,” he told the official site. “I can’t wait for the challenge of the new season to play my part in helping the team compete for trophies. I’m learning all the time from the best manager in the game and I’m keen for that to continue alongside the world class players in the squad.”

Sir Alex Ferguson reflected on Danny’s career so far but reckons we have plenty more to look forward to.

“Danny has been with the club since he was eight years old and has made fantastic progress in the last couple of years – first out on loan and last year as a regular in the first team,” the manager said. “He has become an important player at international level as well, as the maturity of his performances at the European Championships showed. This year is another important one for him. He has a bright future ahead of him.”

redrus

I heard this days ago where you been hiding laugh.png

Edited by Notstupid30

August 22, 2012-RoM

Manchester United have today confirmed that Danny Welbeck has signed a four-year extension at the club to keep him with us until at least 2016.

“Playing for United is all I’ve ever wanted to do – it’s the club I’ve supported all my life,” he told the official site. “I can’t wait for the challenge of the new season to play my part in helping the team compete for trophies. I’m learning all the time from the best manager in the game and I’m keen for that to continue alongside the world class players in the squad.”

Sir Alex Ferguson reflected on Danny’s career so far but reckons we have plenty more to look forward to.

“Danny has been with the club since he was eight years old and has made fantastic progress in the last couple of years – first out on loan and last year as a regular in the first team,” the manager said. “He has become an important player at international level as well, as the maturity of his performances at the European Championships showed. This year is another important one for him. He has a bright future ahead of him.”

redrus

Well ahead of you, he only signed it 'today' fella....!! wink.png

redrus

AUGUST 22, 2012-

THE MANCHESTER UNITED LINE UP TO DEMOLISH ALL COMERS?

soccersweep.com

Ok, so Manchester United didn’t exactly shower themselves in glory in the opening fixture against Everton. It was one of those performances where Manchester United just don’t seem to wake up until they have conceded. Even after going one down they didn’t exactly explode into life, on this occasion. Many fans were frustrated that a team lacking teeth in the final third didn’t give more game time to new signing Robin Van Persie.

But, as the cliche goes, it’s a marathon not a sprint. Far be it for me to start questioning to righteousness of SAF’s decisions at Everton. Let’s not get carried away with the result. A defeat so early leaves even less margin for error for the rest of the season but it may just give this team the kickstart that it needs. Perhaps everyone has been revelling a bit too much in the signing of RVP to realise that there is a highly stern challenge ahead of the team this season. They need to reclaim their title and do much better in Europe than last year’s debacle.

But I still believe that this is the best squad that Manchester United have had in years. There are big injury problems at the back but United have so many good central defenders that it would be silly to buy more for the short term. A left back has been added as cover for Patrice Evra and the defence will be fine. In midfield Manchester United have Cleverley and Anderson back in the engine room after a season of injury. And everything that Kagawa does smacks of class. He could be the find of the season.

The attack speaks for itself. Including Berbatov, Manchester United have 5 strikers who can do the business and two, in Rooney and RVP, who are world class. Macheda doesn’t really count and Henriquez may be loaned out. All in all United have a terrific amount of firepower to play with.

Everton played brilliantly against United and David Moyes expertly preyed on United’s current paucity of centre-backs by deploying Fellaini further forward than usual. He caused Manchester United all manner of problems and was ultimately the match winner on Monday. It certainly won’t be the last time that the human microphone out-jumps, out-muscles and generally annoys the opposition.

But there were some signs of great promise for United. When they did pop the ball around the midfield looked slick and, with a bit of tinkering, this could be the best team United have had in a long time. I believe that the following line up will soon start battering allcomers. When the centre backs recover Micheal Carrick will return to the midfield in what will be a loose 4-4-2 for Manchester United. The one area of slight concern is Nani’s continued profligacy. Will he ever mature into a finished article? For now I will give him the benefit of the doubt, but if he continues to fluster the fans then I would have Scholes or Cleverley back in the middle and Kagawa out left.

So here it is:

De Gea

Rafael Ferdinand Vidic Evra

Valencia Carrick Kagawa Nani

Rooney RVP

That team is mustard. What do you think?

I don't share his confidence in our defence, Evra is suspect and Rafael, as good as he will be, is not yet strong enough.

redrus

August 22, 2012-RoM

redrus

Well ahead of you, he only signed it 'today' fella....!! wink.png

redrus

oh you think do you i heard this 2 days ago and have proof ?

23mx40g.png

Oh also i'm football mad :P

ali4hf.jpg

He's coming Red. Now we are in face saving mode for Arsene with us ponying up an extra 2k. Never a huge fan of him but will support him of course. We could use a little size in the middle up front and there is no denying his left foot ability. Must mean Berba is off to QPR or elsewhere for sure. This won't help DW's contract negotiations go any smoother - the arrival of RVP that is. I still think we have one more card to play before the window shuts. Everyone is saying LB.

I'm led to believe this morning that Danny Wellbeck will sign a deal, worth £75k a week mate.

http://7cantonas.com...-five-year-deal

redrus

I refer you to my post from 8 days ago..... clap2.gif

redrus

He's coming Red. Now we are in face saving mode for Arsene with us ponying up an extra 2k. Never a huge fan of him but will support him of course. We could use a little size in the middle up front and there is no denying his left foot ability. Must mean Berba is off to QPR or elsewhere for sure. This won't help DW's contract negotiations go any smoother - the arrival of RVP that is. I still think we have one more card to play before the window shuts. Everyone is saying LB.

I'm led to believe this morning that Danny Wellbeck will sign a deal, worth £75k a week mate.

http://7cantonas.com...-five-year-deal

redrus

I refer you to my post from 8 days ago..... clap2.gif

redrus

hahahaha cheesy.gif

• Like 1

No laughing on here...Sir has banned it until you lot score some points! tongue.png

Fingers & Toes crossed for the weekend HAHAHAHA

No laughing on here...Sir has banned it until you lot score some points! tongue.png

Hahahahaha, <deleted>, it's my thread not his....!!

redrus

True it's not mine at all but if you want in the mornings when i look at the papers at 6am Thai / 12am Uk i can do a news release on utd i could do one three times a day if you want let us know the offer stands ?

• Like 2

Robin van Persie wasn't Manchester United's first choice, they had a €30m Lewandowski bid rejected

According to German media, Robin van Persie wasn't Manchester United's first choice for an additional striker this summer - that was Robert Lewandowski. Several media outlets in Germany, and Le Figaro in Spain, are now running the story, which we believe originated with Bild.

The claim is that a €30m bid was made by the Premier League team but that Borussia Dortmund turned it down and didn't encourage future negotiations, this was after Manchester United had got Shinji Kagawa from the German side.

It's best to take this with a pinch of salt in our opinion. There was much hype surrounding Lewandowski at Euro 2012 after he enjoyed a successful season with Borussia Dortmund, scoring 22 league goals. However the previous season Lewandowski, who turned 24 this week, only managed to score 8 times in the Bundesliga and was used mainly as a substitute. A value of €30m would therefore appear to be quite optimistic and something Dortmund would have struggled to say no to.

That Manchester United rated him higher than Robin van Persie and other strikers available is also highly questionable. However, Arsenal fans will no doubt pick up on this story and revel in the news that their former captain may not have been first choice at Old Trafford.

It's of course possible the 'news' is being spread by the striker's agent, or even the German club, to hype his value up ahead of future transfer windows.

redrus

Van Persie Out for Rest of Season.........................

.....after Ferguson shouted at him

22-08-12-dailymashup.com

ROBIN Van Persie is expected to be out for at least nine months after some very loud shouting by Sir Alex Ferguson.

The new Manchester United star is convalescing in Holland where trained soothers are giving him a temple massage with spa water infused with essence of tulip.

Following United’s defeat to Everton, Van Persie was horrified to discover that his new manager used very nasty swear words and spoke in an aggressive tone.

Minutes later, psychiatric nurses were called to the dressing room and Van Persie was removed in a wheel chair, sobbing uncontrollably as a wet patch spread rapidly over his groin.

The Dutch star said: “Such awful words. And he threw a cup. No one has ever spoken to me like that – not my mother, my teacher, my pastor and certainly not Mr Wenger.

“My parents were artists in Rotterdam, When I was 14 and some rough girls teased me about my bow legs I ran weeping to my mother. She said to ignore them, that I had been granted twinkle toes by the angels and I was destined to dance through life, free of all horridness. But now this beastly man…”

When he first joined Feyenoord, Van Persie’s mother issued him with a note, passed on in turn to Arsene Wenger, stating that he had ‘delicate bones, delicate ligaments, delicate hamstrings and especially, delicate nerves – he is my delicate little fairy artist boy’.

But the note never reached Old Trafford and may have been lost along with Van Persie’s cotton wool padded romper suit.

Sir Alex said: “I thought I was pretty mild – I just called him a ‘useless wee bucket of fuc_k’.

“He started crying so I said to him, ‘harden up, it’s not as if you’re living in Glasgow’. Then he said, ‘what’s Glasgow?’ and so I told him and he started crying again.”

redrus

• Like 1

ALEX FERGUSON is trying to hijack Liverpool’s attempt to sign Mexican star Hector Herrera.

2ltmvd3.jpg

The Manchester United boss is ready to match a Liverpool offer of £10million for the Pachuca midfielder, nicknamed Zorro. He was the inspiration behind Mexico’s gold-medal triumph at the Olympics earlier this month when they shocked Brazil in the final. Andres Fassi, Pachuca’s sporting director, said: “There is official interest. We have a document. “We know he’s going to emigrate to England. Manchester United and Liverpool have talked to us.

“We want him to continue with Pachuca. But when he decides to leave, the club will give him the opportunity to do so.” Herrera, 22, is sidelined with an ankle injury picked up at London 2012.

Latest on Mexican star Hector Herrera Via Skysports.

Herrera yet to hold talks Manchester United and Liverpool look at Pachuca midfielder

Read More : http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/8011096/Herrera-yet-to-hold-talks

More Reports

Manchester United make official inquiry for Mexico's Hector Herrera • Liverpool have also contacted Herrera's club Pachuca • 'We know he's going to England', says Pachuca chief

Read More : http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/aug/23/manchester-united-mexico-hector-herrera

Jonny Evans shaping up for a welcome return to ease Manchester United's defensive headache Jonny Evans could ease Manchester United’s defensive crisis by returning to contention for Saturday’s Premier League match with Fulham at Old Trafford.

United manager Sir Alex Ferguson will continue to be without Rio Ferdinand (groin), Phil Jones (back) and Chris Smalling (foot) for the visit of Martin Jol’s team, but Northern Ireland centre-half Evans is understood to have an outside chance of partnering Nemanja Vidic at the heart of the defence.

Read More: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/9493269/Jonny-Evans-shaping-up-for-a-welcome-return-to-ease-Manchester-Uniteds-defensive-headache.html

Danny Welbeck vows to make life difficult for Robin van Persie

DANNY WELBECK has vowed to push Robin van Persie all the way after signing a new four-year deal at Manchester United.

The 21-year-old England striker looked like being the biggest loser when Van Persie made his £24m switch from Arsenal last week.

Read More : http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/268449/Danny-Welbeck-vows-to-make-life-difficult-for-Robin-van-Persie

Manchester United have not made bid for Kaka says Mourinho

Kaka was rumoured to be moving to Manchester United REAL Madrid manager Jose Mourinho has denied claims that Manchester United have made a bid for Kaka.

The manager claimed that the Spanish club had received no official bids from United despite speculation that there was interest. He said: "We have no official proposals for Kaka

Read More : http://www.express.co.uk/football/view/341280/Manchester-United-have-not-made-bid-for-Kaka-says-Mourinho

Manchester United's £6m price tag forces Fryers to head to Standard Liege

Zeki Fryers will travel to Belgium on Thursday for talks over a transfer to Standard Liege. The England Under 19 defender left Manchester United at the end of last season

Read More :http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2192198/Manchester-United-outcast-Zeki-Fryers-Standard-Liege.html

Clubs circle for Manchester United duo Dimitar Berbatov and Nani

Manchester United duo Dimitar Berbatov and Nani are attracting interest from European clubs.

With Danny Welbeck, Robin van Persie, Wayne Rooney and Javier Hernandez Ferguson’s main strikers, the United manager is keen to unload Dimitar Berbatov, who will be one of the club’s highest earners.

Read More : menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/manchester_united/s/1586923_clubs-circle-for-manchester-united-duo-dimitar-berbatov-and-nani

Van Persie Out for Rest of Season.........................

.....after Ferguson shouted at him

22-08-12-dailymashup.com

ROBIN Van Persie is expected to be out for at least nine months after some very loud shouting by Sir Alex Ferguson.

The new Manchester United star is convalescing in Holland where trained soothers are giving him a temple massage with spa water infused with essence of tulip.

Following United’s defeat to Everton, Van Persie was horrified to discover that his new manager used very nasty swear words and spoke in an aggressive tone. ...[snip]

Reminds me of this video: post-4641-1156694572.gif

Brave and the correct decision by Fergie on leaving Rooney out today,hopefully it will be the kick up the arse he needs...really looking forward to seeing this forward line up today.

Kagawa will score today. wai.gif

Forgot to add Nani dropped also and not even on the bench.

Berbatov also not included so hopefully he is departing on Monday.

Edited by MrRed

PHEW! nicked it in the end when we was totally in control,bad mistake from De Gae but he made a few saves as well,still did not look secure at the back with evans on the bench.

Great goal from Rvp and a great performance from Kagawa who is looking a real quality signing,cleverly had a good game against the fantastic Dembele!!! clap2.gif WHERE is he going to end up at?

All in all happy with the win but need some fit defenders and would like to see Carrick and a fit Cleverly in the midfield next week with Kagawa Valencia RVP and Wellbeck up front.

Nasty slash on Rooney at the end hope it is not as bad as it looked.Again very impressed with Dembele's power!

Fellaini was a laughing stock for the first couple of seasons in the Premier League and it shows what a good judge of a footballer Moyes is by sticking by him.

He is one of those players who makes a right nuisance of himself. Playing against he must be insufferable! I mean that as a compliment. That said, he started pissing me right off with the way he was stopping us taking quick free-kicks. Bit of conniving side to him.

I think a team like Everton is a good fit for him. Reckon if he tried making a step-up to a "bigger" team, he could struggle and end up being another Carroll.

Having swiped your crown last season with the 4-4 draw, and already beaten you this season, I wonder if you are referring to City here?

PHEW! nicked it in the end when we was totally in control,bad mistake from De Gae but he made a few saves as well,still did not look secure at the back with evans on the bench.

Great goal from Rvp and a great performance from Kagawa who is looking a real quality signing,cleverly had a good game against the fantastic Dembele!!! clap2.gif WHERE is he going to end up at?

All in all happy with the win but need some fit defenders and would like to see Carrick and a fit Cleverly in the midfield next week with Kagawa Valencia RVP and Wellbeck up front.

Nasty slash on Rooney at the end hope it is not as bad as it looked.Again very impressed with Dembele's power!

Carrick is pants, he should only be a bit part player if you ask me, he's a liability in defence, same as Johnny Evans when he plays.

Kagawa looks like a good buy though.

Trust Rooney to get himself a nasty gash!

Looked like we were cruising when the third went in, and i think we would have sailed to victory, but for the OG calamity. Looked nervy from there on in. Still, made it through with the 3 points. All that matters. Rooney's injury will keep him out for a good few weeks i reckon, and he won't be fully training during that time, so i wouldn't be surprised if it's 4 or 5 weeks before we see him again. Might not be a bad thing. Think he needs to get his head straight. Would like to see sweet pea get some game time too.

Rafeal was great going forward, but got turned inside out so many times. We'll get severely punished at some stage if things aren't tightened up in that area of the pitch. At the back we were weak too, but i think that is only to be expected with Carrick having to fill in and Vidic obviously not yet communicating well with DeGea.

RVP took his goal fantastically, but disappeared from the game an awful lot, much as he did at Everton.

Kagawa was fantastic.

Fellaini was a laughing stock for the first couple of seasons in the Premier League and it shows what a good judge of a footballer Moyes is by sticking by him.

He is one of those players who makes a right nuisance of himself. Playing against he must be insufferable! I mean that as a compliment. That said, he started pissing me right off with the way he was stopping us taking quick free-kicks. Bit of conniving side to him.

I think a team like Everton is a good fit for him. Reckon if he tried making a step-up to a "bigger" team, he could struggle and end up being another Carroll.

Having swiped your crown last season with the 4-4 draw, and already beaten you this season, I wonder if you are referring to City here?

You didn't swipe anybody's crown. Season is made up of 38 games. We lost points and more importantly as it turned out, we lost goal difference, against a lot of teams, not just you.

Refering to City about what? Being a bigger team? Well, yeah, i'd say right now City are a bigger team than Everton, wouldn't you?

You didn't swipe anybody's crown. Season is made up of 38 games. We lost points and more importantly as it turned out, we lost goal difference, against a lot of teams, not just you.

Refering to City about what? Being a bigger team? Well, yeah, i'd say right now City are a bigger team than Everton, wouldn't you?

I'll answer that in 38 games time!wink.png

Bigging it up about your part in stopping a team winning the league as opposed to winning something yourself is loser mentality too in my book but well done nonetheless to Everton, a good start to the season.

Bigging it up about your part in stopping a team winning the league as opposed to winning something yourself is loser mentality too in my book but well done nonetheless to Everton, a good start to the season.

It really was a tongue in cheek remark. I am on record on here about how I would have preferred to lose that game to have given United the 3 points to extend their title success (er, over Liverpool).

Fingers & Toes crossed for the weekend HAHAHAHA

Hahahahaha, <deleted>, it's my thread not his....!!

redrus

True it's not mine at all but if you want in the mornings when i look at the papers at 6am Thai / 12am Uk i can do a news release on utd i could do one three times a day if you want let us know the offer stands ?

You could save me a lot of time by doing this mate thumbsup.gif

UEFA nomination for Gill

The FA Board has agreed to nominate David Gill as its candidate for the upcoming UEFA Executive Committee membership election.

Gill, Chief Executive of Manchester United Football Club and an FA Board member, has been proposed ahead of next year’s elections at UEFA Congress in London.

Geoff Thompson, who has represented The FA on UEFA’s Executive Committee since 2000, steps down in May leaving a vacant position for an elected representativ

UEFA nomination for Gill

The FA Board has agreed to nominate David Gill as its candidate for the upcoming UEFA Executive Committee membership election.

Gill, Chief Executive of Manchester United Football Club and an FA Board member, has been proposed ahead of next year’s elections at UEFA Congress in London.

Geoff Thompson, who has represented The FA on UEFA’s Executive Committee since 2000, steps down in May leaving a vacant position for an elected representativ

Maybe he can take his quote( Debt is the road) to ruin with him too.

UEFA nomination for Gill

Maybe he can take his quote( Debt is the road) to ruin with him too.

Arry should get it, seems perfect for it and he is not doing anything at the moment of any consequence.