Manchester United

redrus

I wonder if they can afford the 500 quid corporate tickets which is probably about their only chance of getting inside the TOD.

Silly me, probably just need to tarmac a couple of drives in Wilmslow on the way upbiggrin.png .

Custis: Rooney's relationship with Fergie isn't good at the minute

Read more at http://www.talksport...cMkMXL7cZ6kl.99

how long did rooney actually have off in the summer? about three weeks? just that he looked so, so unfit at the weekend. looks like he spent whatever time off he had in the summer eating deep-fried pies and drinking lager milkshakes.

The contrast between Rooney and vP in terms of professionalism is likely to cause some waves this year at OT.

how do you mean?

correct, wayne has actually won many things before. (whistling)

i just meant that i don't know anything about van persie's professionalism. it never seems to have been public knowledge. for all we know van persie could be a fat, bald, ridiculous hair-transplanted, pie-gorging, granny-shagging chain-smoker. like rooney.

The contrast between Rooney and vP in terms of professionalism is likely to cause some waves this year at OT.

how do you mean?

correct, wayne has actually won many things before. (whistling)

i just meant that i don't know anything about van persie's professionalism. it never seems to have been public knowledge. for all we know van persie could be a fat, bald, ridiculous hair-transplanted, pie-gorging, granny-shagging chain-smoker. like rooney.

great give me 2 and throw in a Cantona / Roy Keane while your at it.

Where do you think the wheels came off though? Where did it all go wrong?

I've been wondering for a while now if theres a pie-gorging granny shagging mentality at Utd. Recent performances might prove the point. wink.png

Edited by carmine

I've been wondering for a while now if theres a pie-gorging granny shagging mentality at Utd. Recent performances might prove the point. wink.png

hmmm i see the vultures are out of bed early this morning. Carms and Stevie, 5, 6, or 7 for your lots this year?

i don't think it's gone wrong yet to be honest. they still only finished second on goal difference last season and they've certainly strengthened with kagawa and van persie this summer. between the glazers rogering the club witless financially and ferguson to eventually buy the farm their long-term prospects do seem uncertain though.

think rooney's a fool if he thinks he can get away with jerking ferguson around as well. ferguson's binned bigger and better names than rooney in the past when they've displeased him.

• Like 1

i don't think it's gone wrong yet to be honest. they still only finished second on goal difference last season and they've certainly strengthened with kagawa and van persie this summer. between the glazers rogering the club witless financially and ferguson to eventually buy the farm their long-term prospects do seem uncertain though.

think rooney's a fool if he thinks he can get away with jerking ferguson around as well. ferguson's binned bigger and better names than rooney in the past when they've displeased him.

Rooney might well be thinking that he's taken on ferguson (with the help of the repulsive agent stretford) once and got his 250k a week and he can take him on again.

I've always felt his days were numbered after that initial altercation and as you say ferguson binned bigger names than young wayne. i actually don't think there would be more than a couple of teams interested in his services either.

Rooney might well be thinking that he's taken on ferguson (with the help of the repulsive agent stretford) once and got his 250k a week and he can take him on again.

I've always felt his days were numbered after that initial altercation and as you say ferguson binned bigger names than young wayne. i actually don't think there would be more than a couple of teams interested in his services either.

hmmm couple of teams could be PSG, Madrid, City, Milan (pick one that suits you) and Stoke.

hmmm couple of teams could be PSG, Madrid, City, Milan (pick one that suits you) and Stoke.

PSG is the only one that would be remotely interested in him and his wages. Madrid james, you must be joking! He's simply not good enough. Stokes a good fit but they don't have a 250k cap

haha not good enough for Madrid and Modric is? please edit your post now before anyone else sees it and save yourself the inevitable embarrassment heading your way wink.png

Mate, they're different players playing in different positions. Modric is a good fit for what they needed. What does Wayne Rooney bring to the table that they're existing doesn't already possess?

frankly Rooney is a fairly good player being paid way too much that hasn't even proven he can cut it at international level.

he'd be no more than a bench/impact player at Madrid

Edited by carmine

haha not good enough for Madrid and Modric is? please edit your post now before anyone else sees it and save yourself the inevitable embarrassment heading your way wink.png

think it's pretty obvious they've signed modric to take over from xabi alonso at some point. so unless rooney is going to adapt his game hugely then he's competing with ronaldo, ozil, di maria, callejon and kaka for a spot at madrid. don't see why they would want him and his astronomical wages in that case.

think it's pretty obvious they've signed modric to take over from xabi alonso at some point. so unless rooney is going to adapt his game hugely then he's competing with ronaldo, ozil, di maria, callejon and kaka for a spot at madrid. don't see why they would want him and his astronomical wages in that case.

Unless he fancies he can do a better job than Benzema as a striker?

Stoke it is then....or Everton of course!

Unless he fancies he can do a better job than Benzema as a striker?

Stoke it is then....or Everton of course!

Benzema is also reportedly paid 80k a week less than Rooney.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

never going to happen stevie anyway. Modric to take over for alonso? interesting.

frankly Rooney is a fairly good player being paid way too much that hasn't even proven he can cut it at international level.

Not cutting it an international level does affect his CV no doubt, and to ever be considered a great, he needs to do much better in that area, but then again, so do a lot of other players. Messi for one.

And calling Rooney a fairly good player is a joke. He is a fantastic player. He does have two problems though, one is temperament (less of a problem these days) and consistency. He has had too many ups and downs over the last couple of years.

Anyway, after the way he screwed the club and threatened to join City, i don't feel strongly about him staying or leaving. If he stays, we get use of a fantastic player who can change the game, and if he goes, we'll get a decent wedge and rebuild just as we have done dozens of times already. Que sera.

• Like 2

never going to happen stevie anyway. Modric to take over for alonso? interesting.

deep-lying playmaker - not that alonso's ready for the scrapheap yet, he's just not getting any younger. that's what i'd have thought anyway. don't see modric breaking into the madrid team any time soon really.

deep-lying playmaker - not that alonso's ready for the scrapheap yet, he's just not getting any younger. that's what i'd have thought anyway. don't see modric breaking into the madrid team any time soon really.

yea i agree but i always saw Modric as more of a go-forward guy while alonso as you suggested lays much deeper. anyways, they must have 15 midfielders now.

yea i agree but i always saw Modric as more of a go-forward guy while alonso as you suggested lays much deeper. anyways, they must have 15 midfielders now.

He played his best for us positioning from deep. It suits him and he's going to be a good fit there.

Not cutting it an international level does affect his CV no doubt, and to ever be considered a great, he needs to do much better in that area, but then again, so do a lot of other players. Messi for one.

And calling Rooney a fairly good player is a joke. He is a fantastic player. He does have two problems though, one is temperament (less of a problem these days) and consistency. He has had too many ups and downs over the last couple of years.

Anyway, after the way he screwed the club and threatened to join City, i don't feel strongly about him staying or leaving. If he stays, we get use of a fantastic player who can change the game, and if he goes, we'll get a decent wedge and rebuild just as we have done dozens of times already. Que sera.

I know i was a bit harsh but i couldn't resist it.

Joking apart though, he would not be a starting player at Madrid, fantastic or not.

He played his best for us positioning from deep. It suits him and he's going to be a good fit there.

Do you feel like you just weakened your team with this or does the signing of Lloris make up for it? A good fit he will be on the bench most of the time at Madrid unless Jose offloads 4 by Friday either on loan or sale.

How do you strengthen a team by selling a 30m midfield and buying a 12m goalkeeper?

i dont know, Lloris is pretty good but Friedel is ok. Seems like a good buy. You are getting the lad from Fulham no? Not bad biz considering modric wanted out.