Manchester United

redrus

I think Howard showed what a true professional he is on sunday. Commanded the midfield with total authority, made the right decisions when it mattered and never let Liverpool in the game.

ooops sorry, wrong thread..........

Edited by carmine

I read this yesterday and thought the same as you James but if it was to happen my dream of Nani going the other way would be perfect and it could very well happen in January but....City would dearly love to have him and can afford everything that would be required.

Still i can dream!

Rooney would be a option also smile.pngcoffee1.gif

I liked this bit "Manchester City would no doubt be interested but their new approach, which appears to be more frugal, wouldn't really fit in with a move for him, even if he wanted to join the club" biggrin.png I like it cos nobody can say we are buying the league anymore but on what date did we become "frugal" blink.png

• Like 1

I can't see CR leaving Real because you guys sold him for £80m and I don't think his value has dropped. Only 4 clubs would pay that - City, Chelsea, Anzi and Shanghai and I don't see him going to any of them.

I can't see CR leaving Real because you guys sold him for £80m and I don't think his value has dropped. Only 4 clubs would pay that - City, Chelsea, Anzi and Shanghai and I don't see him going to any of them.

Oh no we wouldn't. Didn't you know we are now officially frugal tongue.png

Some good points here re; Ronaldo....., better I paste the link on this one guys.

http://www.goal.com/...09/03/3351371/-

redrus

Interesting, maybe we did not spend the Ronaldo money, as we are waiting until he has had enough at Real and come home cheesy.gif ,,we can dream lads, would love to have him back but we do not have the funds to buy him back.

• Like 1

"Sad" seems such a gay word for the situation when said in English. Always knew he was a ladyboy!

Anyone know whether he actually said "triste" in Spanish?

[No prejudice intended - some of my best friends ... etc.]

I think it is the master plan for when Mourinho joins United,let Ronaldo go there first wink.png

Why would he leave to coach a smaller club? Doesn't make sense. smile.png

Ooooooooooooooooh, someone'll bite that you bitch..... ;)

redrus

Spanish press point at Manchester United as reason for Cristiano Ronaldo's unhappiness

Posted by SPORT WITNESS on September 4, 2012 at 8:09 in Sport Witness Football

Cristiano Ronaldo is the major news story in football right now and that's likely to carry on for the rest of the week with players being away for international duty. The Real Madrid star is top story in both the Madrid and Barcelona friendly Spanish press and the gist of the story has now turned to Ronaldo being unhappy that his contract hasn't been improved and renewed.

His current deal runs with the La Liga champions until 2015 and he wasn't one of several Real Madrid players who saw their deals improved this summer.

AS say that when he was at Manchester United Ronaldo had his contract renewed five times in six seasons and each time he got a pay rise which subsequently made him feel wanted. They say that each increase was proceeded in the press by intense speculation about his future.

What they're saying is that each time he stamped his feet at Manchester United he got a new contract and so therefore he expects the same at Real Madrid.

If the Real Madrid friendly press turn on Cristiano Ronaldo, as looks increasingly to be the case, then it's not going to make him any happier at the club. It's simply speculation that him stating he's not happy is due to a contract issue and if it's not then the backlash, which is almost being encouraged, is unfair.

There has been speculation amongst some fans that him not wanting to celebrate was due to it being close to the anniversary of his father's death, who passed away on Septermber 6th in 2005. Real Madrid's game at the weekend was his last match before that date. It doesn't fit in entirely with his stated comments but until the situation is clarified it certainly can't be ruled out.

Marca pointing at Manchester United for renewing his contract often is also misleading. His contract improvements at Old Trafford coincided with his progress, having obviously joined on a comparatively small wage. He left as one of the best players in the world and perhaps the Spanish press should think about what La Liga stands to lose before they turn against Cristiano Ronaldo.

redrus

Been on the menu a long time this, be fun to see it happen but the reality is a lot harder, I personally don't believe the transition will be made.

Usain Bolt set for Manchester United debut against Real Madrid

The 100m Olympic champion might have the opportunity to play for the Red Devils in a friendly against the Real Madrid legends next year according to Sir Alex Ferguson

Bolt urged fans to help persuade Sir Alex to sign him up for the Red Devils team when he was guest of honour during a 3-2 victory against Fulham in the Premier League earlier in the season.

The world-record holder could get a surprise phone call from the Manchester United boss after Ferguson hinted that the sprinter's dream of playing for the club could come true.

Ferguson told Inside United magazine: "Usain’s a character and a big United fan.

"But it's interesting he says he'd like to play in a charity game. It could be brilliant, and next year when we play Real Madrid's Legends again, there could be opportunities to bring him up and see how he does."

Previously Bolt, 25, has trained with the Manchester United squad and even said that he would be willing to leave athletics for a spot in the Red Devils' team.

The game is set to be played on 3 June 2013 at Old Trafford following last year's success which saw the proceeds support Real Madrid's Foundation work currently taking place in Africa.

redrus

See that Berba has taken a leaving swipe at SAF. So silly. These players get paid handsomely, whether they play or whether they don't... and what decides whether they play or whether they don't, more often than not comes down to how they perform.

When will a player ever say, "well yes i'm sorry i didn't get to play more, but i really only have myself to blame as i put in some pretty crap performances"?

It's always the manager's fault that they weren't picked. Funny that.

See that Berba has taken a leaving swipe at SAF. So silly. These players get paid handsomely, whether they play or whether they don't... and what decides whether they play or whether they don't, more often than not comes down to how they perform.

When will a player ever say, "well yes i'm sorry i didn't get to play more, but i really only have myself to blame as i put in some pretty crap performances"?

Don't believe it mate, I took a call yesterday off my best pal, its all been taken out of proportion and blown up by the media. What Berba said was totally mistranslated...! It should be available online somewhere mate, I'll have a look in a bit after lunch.

redrus

Don't believe it mate, I took a call yesterday off my best pal, its all been taken out of proportion and blown up by the media. What Berba said was totally mistranslated...! It should be available online somewhere mate, I'll have a look in a bit after lunch.

redrus

Cheers mate. That's good to hear.

Zenit in race against time to land £25m Nani and Arshavin before Russian deadline if this happens I want be sad to see him leave 25M not bad ..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2199041/Nani-Andrey-Arshavin-wanted-Zenit-St-Petersburg.html?openGraphAuthor=%2Fhome%2Fsearch.html%3Fs%3D%26authornamef%3DSportsmail%2BReporter

Just get this clear and put to bed before it even starts ? Brazilian side Santos have rubbished reports suggesting that Manchester United tabled a big-money bid for Neymar on transfer deadline day.

Source:http://www1.skysport...-bid-for-Neymar

Neymar will go to Real Madrid which afterall is a much bigger club than Manchester United. Isn't that right Toad. smile.png

Zenit in Nani contract claim

Russians says winger's demands scuppered move

Zenit St Petersburg claim that Nani's wage demands were the main reason for him not moving to Russia.

Zenit were not shy in splashing the cash this summer after they completed the €100million double swoop of Hulk and Axel Witsel.

The Russian champions admitted that Hulk and Witsel were their top priorities, but they were still keen on Manchester Unitedspacer.gif winger Nani

The 25-year-old currently has two-years remaining on his deal at Old Trafford,spacer.gif but talks are reported to have stalled over an extension.

Zenit director-general Maxim Mitrofanov has now admitted that if Nani had agreed terms, he could have made the move to Russia's Second City.

"If Hulk had demanded €8 million to €10 million a year, these conditions would have been unacceptable for Zenit," Mitrofanov said.

"The transfer of Nani failed mostly due to this reason, as he asked for an enormous salary and we would not pay him."

Read More : http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/8058667/Zenit-in-Nani-contract-claim

All I can say is what the fuc_k and hope in the next window we fuc_k him off

Just get this clear and put to bed before it even starts ? Brazilian side Santos have rubbished reports suggesting that Manchester United tabled a big-money bid for Neymar on transfer deadline day.

Neymar will go to Real Madrid which afterall is a much bigger club than Manchester United. Isn't that right Toad. smile.png

You never know that's football for you mate ..

After his really crap display at the Olympics i wouldn't want him at OT,We got the best all rounder in Kagawa smile.png anyway!!

• Like 1

Even more reports linking Pep Guardiola with United's hotseat again today, after the pair were both absent from a recent top managers engagement.

A certain Jose Morinho, a now personal friend of Fergie, noticed his absence first and after calling the maestro found him to be in New York, where Pep just happens to be living at the moment with his family after retiring for a year, that fact in itself fuelling speculation further, as other rumours persist that Fergie has decided that 2013 is the year he will retire.

This one is really growing momentum, Fergie has also stated in the past that Pep would be perfect for the role....!!!

I like.......

redrus

Doesn't really matter Carms, I do note that this seems to be your favorite thread though.

Manchester United and England defender Phil Jones has suffered yet another injury setback. The 20-year-old hobbled out of United's Carrington training ground on crutches after injuring his right leg on Thursday and now looks set for another spell on the sidelines.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz25plT2Ese

Edited by Notstupid30

Doesn't really matter Carms, I do note that this seems to be your favorite thread though.

Theres too many trolls on the Spurs thread but i admit i do like the certain delusional tone of this thread. btw, Neymar will be going to Madrid and the sooner the better because he desperately needs to learn to adjust the european football before his home world cup because he gets out muscled as the olympics proved.

Sounds like we need it............

Manchester United are aiming to address their recent injury problems by opening a state-of-the-art £13 million medical centre at the club's Carrington training ground in November.

The facility is expected to fast-track Sir Alex Ferguson's players back to fitness and ensure quicker, and more private, injury diagnosis on site rather than rely on nearby hospitals.

The medical centre will be supplied with CT and MRI scanners and other cutting-edge equipment as part of a five-year agreement with the Japanese company Toshiba.

It is set to be the first of its kind in the Premier League, with United planning to emulate the physiological and sports science benefits enjoyed by AC Milan at their world-renowned Milanello complex.

Research carried out at the end of last season by the sports injury website physioroom.com showed that United had the worst injury list in the Premier League during the 2011-12 campaign, with the club suffering 39 significant problems - those lasting for at least two weeks - which amounted to a total of 1,681 days lost to injury by Sir Alex Ferguson's squad.

In comparison, champions Manchester City suffered just seven significant injuries, costing Roberto Mancini's squad a total of 186 days lost to injury.

United manager Ferguson issued a staunch defence of the club's medical team last season following criticism from former midfielder Owen Hargreaves over his treatment during lengthy injury problems, with the Scot insisting "some of the best sports medical staff in world sport" are employed at Old Trafford. But with United believing the club has now outgrown the existing medical facilities at Carrington, which opened in July 2000, plans were drawn and approved last year to build the new complex.

United have cited the rapid advancements in sports science and medicine and Ferguson's demand for the club to possess a competitive advantage in the field of rehabilitation and fitness as the justification for the medical centre. Having targeted an opening date at the end of 2012 for the centre, United are now planning to open its doors in two months.

Meanwhile, United have completed the £4 million signing of Chilean forward Angelo Henriquez from Universidad de Chile after receiving international clearance for the 18 year-old.

Henriquez underwent a medical last month and agreed personal terms, but United have been forced to wait for red tape to be cleared before finalising the signing.

"Angelo has made a tremendous impact on the game in his short career so far," Ferguson said of the Chile Under-23 international. "His pace is a great asset and he reads the game really well for someone of such a young age."

Sounds like we need it............

Manchester United are aiming to address their recent injury problems by opening a state-of-the-art £13 million medical centre at the club's Carrington training ground in November.

The facility is expected to fast-track Sir Alex Ferguson's players back to fitness and ensure quicker, and more private, injury diagnosis on site rather than rely on nearby hospitals.

The medical centre will be supplied with CT and MRI scanners and other cutting-edge equipment as part of a five-year agreement with the Japanese company Toshiba.

It is set to be the first of its kind in the Premier League, with United planning to emulate the physiological and sports science benefits enjoyed by AC Milan at their world-renowned Milanello complex.

Research carried out at the end of last season by the sports injury website physioroom.com showed that United had the worst injury list in the Premier League during the 2011-12 campaign, with the club suffering 39 significant problems - those lasting for at least two weeks - which amounted to a total of 1,681 days lost to injury by Sir Alex Ferguson's squad.

In comparison, champions Manchester City suffered just seven significant injuries, costing Roberto Mancini's squad a total of 186 days lost to injury.

United manager Ferguson issued a staunch defence of the club's medical team last season following criticism from former midfielder Owen Hargreaves over his treatment during lengthy injury problems, with the Scot insisting "some of the best sports medical staff in world sport" are employed at Old Trafford. But with United believing the club has now outgrown the existing medical facilities at Carrington, which opened in July 2000, plans were drawn and approved last year to build the new complex.

United have cited the rapid advancements in sports science and medicine and Ferguson's demand for the club to possess a competitive advantage in the field of rehabilitation and fitness as the justification for the medical centre. Having targeted an opening date at the end of 2012 for the centre, United are now planning to open its doors in two months.

Meanwhile, United have completed the £4 million signing of Chilean forward Angelo Henriquez from Universidad de Chile after receiving international clearance for the 18 year-old.

Henriquez underwent a medical last month and agreed personal terms, but United have been forced to wait for red tape to be cleared before finalising the signing.

"Angelo has made a tremendous impact on the game in his short career so far," Ferguson said of the Chile Under-23 international. "His pace is a great asset and he reads the game really well for someone of such a young age."

8 weeks he will be out for the latest news I read early on... Yea MrRed heard about medical facilities when we signed RVP on MUTV I think we should have got it sometime ago in all truth ..

Edited by Notstupid30