Manchester United

redrus

Reports are going around ? That Sir Alex Ferguson will ask Manchester United to pay whatever it takes to bring Cristiano Ronaldo back to Old Trafford. I hope this is true would love him back at OT

Have you seen the buy out clause? i will never happen in a millio years.

Reports are going around ? That Sir Alex Ferguson will ask Manchester United to pay whatever it takes to bring Cristiano Ronaldo back to Old Trafford. I hope this is true would love him back at OT

Just looked at the buyout clause £1bn but I wouldn't be surprised if Manchester United didn't do the same as what Arsenal did with Cesc Fabregas where the club gets something like 50% on the next sale and a option to buy him back at something like £35M.. ?

Just looked at the buyout clause £1bn but I wouldn't be surprised if Manchester United didn't do the same as what Arsenal did with Cesc Fabregas where the club gets something like 50% on the next sale and a option to buy him back at something like £35M.. ?

He's a terrific player theres no denying but is there really enough room in one league for the ego's of Tevez, Ronaldo and Eden Hazard?

He's a terrific player theres no denying but is there really enough room in one league for the ego's of Tevez, Ronaldo and Eden Hazard?

Very true about that carmine... If we could sell some players like NANI and Anderson I think we could come up with something like £35m towards him just reading that NANI still kicking up a fuss about not being handed a new contact and he is saying he would see out his contact then move on a free I know this if it's true I can see him gone in the Jan that's for sure .. Just reading about the Rooney incident FA are looking into more I know this he bloody very lucky by the sound's of it ?

Probe into boot that KO’d Rooney

THE boot that caused Wayne Rooney to suffer a near-fatal injury is under investigation by the players’ union.

PFA chief Gordon Taylor wants more checks on Hugo Rodallega’s studs after his accidental clash sliced open Rooney’s leg.

He said: “This is an on-going process, we have not finished looking into it.”

Rooney needed stitches in his thigh after the sickeningly deep gash sustained in Manchester United’s clash with Fulham last month.

The wound came within a millimetre of puncturing the femoral artery — a situation that could have seen the striker bleed to death within 10 minutes.

England man Rooney was ruled out of the World Cup double-header against Moldova and Ukraine but the fallout continued while he has been side-lined.

The PFA want to know if Rodallega’s combination of studs and blades were safe during Fulham’s 3-2 defeat at Old Trafford.

Taylor has been assured that Rodallega’s boots were checked by fourth official Phil Gibbs before he came on as a sub.

Rooney, 27, expects to be out for another fortnight but thanked his lucky stars that he was not more seriously hurt.

He said: “I was lucky, to be honest, because it was a millimetre away from my artery. It could’ve been a lot worse. Thank God I was quite fortunate.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co...l#ixzz25w5H80qe

Edited by Notstupid30

Terrific player like you say but personally i could do without having The Ronaldo Show on our doorsteps, without having the media circus he attracts, without having the "i miss my homeland" comments, without having the sulking and the petulance.

Save all the money we would spend on him and invest it in youth i say.

As you say though, bit of a pointless hypothetical as i can't see it happening in a billion pounds million years.

Very true about that carmine... If we could sell some players like NANI and Anderson I think we could come up with something like £35m towards him just reading that NANI still kicking up a fuss about not being handed a new contact and he is saying he would see out his contact then move on a free I know this if it's true I can see him gone in the Jan that's for sure .. Just reading about the Rooney incident FA are looking into more I know this he bloody very lucky by the sound's of it ?

Probe into boot that KO’d Rooney

THE boot that caused Wayne Rooney to suffer a near-fatal injury is under investigation by the players’ union.

PFA chief Gordon Taylor wants more checks on Hugo Rodallega’s studs after his accidental clash sliced open Rooney’s leg.

He said: “This is an on-going process, we have not finished looking into it.”

Rooney needed stitches in his thigh after the sickeningly deep gash sustained in Manchester United’s clash with Fulham last month.

The wound came within a millimetre of puncturing the femoral artery — a situation that could have seen the striker bleed to death within 10 minutes.

England man Rooney was ruled out of the World Cup double-header against Moldova and Ukraine but the fallout continued while he has been side-lined.

The PFA want to know if Rodallega’s combination of studs and blades were safe during Fulham’s 3-2 defeat at Old Trafford.

Taylor has been assured that Rodallega’s boots were checked by fourth official Phil Gibbs before he came on as a sub.

Rooney, 27, expects to be out for another fortnight but thanked his lucky stars that he was not more seriously hurt.

He said: “I was lucky, to be honest, because it was a millimetre away from my artery. It could’ve been a lot worse. Thank God I was quite fortunate.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co...l#ixzz25w5H80qe

The Sun??!!!

As for story, "Rooney killed by gash" would have been quite a headline.

hahaha i could just see the headines ...

Here a player we need to look at as Anderson played crap for us from day one also not bad for 24 i was thinking he was a lot older because he sure doe's look older then 24 ... ? all major newpapers in the uk are running this story ?

Marouane Fellaini: I could quit Everton in January

Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini has revealed he could leave the club as soon as the next transfer window despite being under contract for the next four years.

The Belgium international has been the driving force behind Everton's strong start to the new Premier League season, and scored the only goal in the victory against Manchester United in their opening fixture.

The 24 year-old appeared committed to manager David Moyes' plans after penning a new contract through to 2016 as recently as November, but in an interview with a Belgian newspaper published today Fellaini said he was now looking for a way out of Goodison Park

"I am just starting my fifth season at Everton, this will be one of my last," he told Het Nieuwsblad.

"I have seen everything. In January or at the end of the season I will turn to another club or championship."

Fellaini joined Everton in a £15 million move from Standard Liege in 2008 and has scored 22 goals in 130 appearances for the Merseyside club.

Read More : http://www.telegraph...in-January.html

Edited by Notstupid30

^ Agent looking for a contract extension or pay rise, innit?

Very true Chicog ....

Van damned by injury scare

MANCHESTER UNITED boss Alex Ferguson had an injury scare over Robin van Persie last night.

The hotshot, who has four goals in three games for United, limped out of Holland’s 4-1 win over Hungary in Group D with a thigh injury.

But Dutch manager Louis van Gaal confirmed the half-time substitution was precautionary.

Spain striker Roberto Soldado saved the blushes of the world and European champions with a late winner against Georgia in Group I.

The Valencia hitman netted on 86 minutes as the world’s No 1-ranked side edged to a 1-0 win over a nation ranked 85 places below them.

Sore Shin: Back injury forces United's Kagawa to skip Japan international

Midfielder misses World Cup qualifying win over Iraq after feeling a twinge in training - and doesn't know how long he'll be sidelined for

Shinji Kagawa has given Manchester United another injury worry after missing Japan's World Cup qualifying victory over Iraq with a back injury.

With a long injury list already, and the start of United's Champions League campaign to prepare for next week, Sir Alex Ferguson can do without any more problems.

Although Kagawa does not believe his back problem is serious, it was enough to keep him out of the 1-0 win in Saitama, Japan.

And he is not sure how long he is going to be sidelined for.

"I felt a twinge in the back during practice when I was on the ball. I had some treatment but didn't want to risk causing the team trouble by playing," Kagawa told the Kyodo news agency.

"Obviously it's a shame I wasn't able to play.

"It's not that serious and I don't think it will keep me out for long."

Read More http://www.mirror.co...suffers-1319460

Edited by Notstupid30

Sir Alex Ferguson has named Darren Fletcher in his squad for Manchester United's match against Wigan on Saturday

Other News

Sir Alex Ferguson admits Phil Jones could be sidelined for 10 weeks,

Robin van Persie and Shinji Kagawa are fit to face Wigan but Sir Alex Ferguson has bemoaned the injury to Phil Jones which could keep out for 10 weeks.

Jones has undergone an operation after picking up a problem in training and he is facing a lengthy spell on the sidelines.

Ferguson admits it is disappointing to lose a player of Jones' quality, although the defensive crisis from earlier in the season is gradually easing.

Chris Smalling is closing in on a return to action following a broken foot, while Jonny Evans and Rio Ferdinand have already made their comebacks.

While the international break allowed Evans to get some minutes under his belt for Northern Ireland, Van Persie and Kagawa picked up knocks playing for their countries.

However, Ferguson has confirmed that both players are in his plans ahead of the Premier League clash with the Latics on Saturday.

"On the injury front, everyone's fit, apart from the ones we know about - Jones and Smalling," said the United boss.

Jones was a bad blow for us. He got an injury in training last weekend and he'll be out for eight to 10 weeks.

We expect Smalling to be back training by the end of the month. There's a little bit of comfort in that sense, given our centre-back situation. But with Jonny [Evans] back we're in a better position than we were a couple of weeks ago.

Source : http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/8078381/Sir-Alex-Ferguson-admits-Phil-Jones-could-be-sidelined-for-10-weeks

Edited by Notstupid30

Average performance and two good goal scoring debuts,maybe we will play our B team in the week smile.png

I thought Wigan had a good go at us and where unlucky in the first half,still not conceding is a good start for us.

I'm worried about RVP. Hear about him starting today, but he limped off mid-week. Would prefer to see him rested. Give sweet pea a run out.

you wish was granted young grasshopper. smile.png

No surprises there. Fergusons always rotated well. Evra's days are numbered methinks!

I'm worried about RVP. Hear about him starting today, but he limped off mid-week. Would prefer to see him rested. Give sweet pea a run out.

No surprises there. Fergusons always rotated well. Evra's days are numbered methinks!

yea he didnt look non to pleased not playing, but i wouldnt either. hate players who 'accept' sitting out.

young powell (although brief) looked pretty good. got a leg on him like darron gibson but with one important difference, his attempts don't go sailing 30 yards up the stretford end.

never heard of buttner before we side him but for me was MOM.

yea he didnt look non to pleased not playing, but i wouldnt either. hate players who 'accept' sitting out.

young powell (although brief) looked pretty good. got a leg on him like darron gibson but with one important difference, his attempts don't go sailing 30 yards up the stretford end.

never heard of buttner before we side him but for me was MOM.

Yeah the new signings looked good, and for both of them to score, plus a goal from Scholes, was really got for boosting the teams confidence that goals can and will come from other people besides RVP.

First half was pretty flat. The penalty miss seemed to affect us. Regarding the penalty, there was indeed little if any contact, but the keeper did run into the path that Welbeck was on and didn't come close to playing the ball, and when a keeper does that, he has to know he is taking a massive gamble. Anyway, i wasn't too disappointed with the miss as getting an early goal that way, that easily, doesn't really test the players and can make them complacent. I wanted to see them work for the win. And they did. In the second half they picked things up, some lovely interplay for the first goal. Carrick on the edge of the box looked like he was going down a dead end, but then turned and found a hole and the perfect ball to Nani, who, surprise surprise, didn't provide the greatest of final balls but did do enough for Scholes to pick up the scraps. After that we looked so much more positive and convincing.

A good day for our goal difference and a good three points in the bag.

(One sad thing from the game was the chanting, which i know some are saying was not directed at the Hillsborough business, but i'm not so sure. Really wish this minority of idiots would just forever be ejected from the grounds. A side of the game that has always made me sick. Apologies to family members of victims on behalf of the club, if i can be as bold as to speak for the club! These knobs do not represent us.)

The chanting was, i'm sure from a very small minority of scumbags. Every club has them, including Liverpool. These idiots don't speak for our clubs, for football or anything decent for that matter. Let the cctv get to work and ban them permanently from football grounds.

Hair raising! Manchester United keeping tabs on Everton midfielder Fellaini

Sir Alex Ferguson is a big admirer of the Belgian international and David Moyes would consider letting him leave - but warned suitors they will have to wait until January,

Manchester United are keeping tabs on ­Marouane Fellaini’s ­situation at Everton.

But David Moyes has warned the Belgian that the Blues are in a position of power when it comes to the player’s future.

Toffees boss Moyes tore into Fellaini on his return from international duty after the powerful ­midfielder was quoted as saying that he would spend just another year at Goodison.

Sir Alex Ferguson is a big admirer after seeing the 24-year-old follow up a influential performance in April with a match-winning display against United last month.

But Moyes said: “I have got no problem if other clubs start circling for my players. None at all.

“What I do know is that they can’t come in and take any of my players until January and we are only in September.

“Whatever happens now, whatever Fellaini says, he is here for at least the next four months.

“He might be here even longer than that, I don’t know.

“What I do know for ­certain, though, is that ­Fellaini has got a five-year contract here.

“So clubs can circle, but the window has just shut, and we’re in a strong ­position as far as his ­contract is concerned.”

Read More http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-are-keeping-tabs-on-everton-1326317

Said last week we should go for him whistling.gif

WAYNE ROONEY is back in full training — 24 days after suffering an horrific thigh injury.

The Manchester United star was expected to be out for two months after gashing his right leg in an accidental clash with Fulham’s Hugo Rodallega on August 25.

But Roo, 26, has stunned United’s medics and has been back in training for five days.

There is even a slight possibility he could be on the bench for tonight’s Champions League opener at home to Galatasaray.

The England star will almost certainly be available for Sunday’s showstopper with Liverpool at Anfield.

Rooney, who is wearing light strapping to avoid infection, took his first steps towards a comeback last week with a light outdoor session and gym work.

But yesterday’s session was a giant stride forwards and gave United a massive boost ahead of their trip to Merseyside.

ALEX FERGUSON has ordered his players to build Old Trafford back into a fortress and start blowing teams away again.

Manchester United begin their Champions League campaign against Galatasaray tonight having won just one home game in two European competitions last season.

Boss Fergie insists they let teams off the hook too often, which proved costly in the league as well.

The most notable slip-ups were when they drew home games against Basel and Everton after leading 2-0 and 4-2 respectively.

Ferguson said: “I think that, without doubt, has to be a driving force this year.

“If you think back to leading Everton 4-2 and then drawing 4-4, we can’t have that happening again.

“So goal difference is going to be important — it will be a priority this season.

“Particularly in the attacking part of the team we are very strong and hopefully that makes a difference to us.”

Last season’s European nightmare clearly still haunts Ferguson as he harks back to leading Benfica at home 2-1 and Basel 2-0.

They even threw away a lead against Athletic Bilbao in the Europa League at home, losing 3-2 and eventually going out to the Spanish side in the last 16.

Edited by Notstupid30

True 103 is scheduled for United and on Thai channel 9 they are showing a game ...not sure which one as of yet though.

Cheers. wai.gif

Out of interest, what channel is 103?

True sports 3

Cheers. I'm surprised. Last few years Thai TV has had a monopoly on all Champions League football.

Any danger of English commentary i wonder? Or a clock?

True bought the tv rights from this season on and i am surprised that channel 9 is showing a game?

I think the clock thing is because of the highlights cutting/editing but this day and age you would of thought they had ways to sort that out?

It is English commentary on True but will not be on channel 9

I will just have to where my Tag tonight and feel the Fergie pulse in injury time ahhhhhh!! clap2.gif

• Like 1