Manchester United

redrus

Yes because most of the country are ABU's and only want to hear about decisions we get and not the ones we don't get, we are in the news every day because we are hated and long may the continue, when we are not hated anymore that will be when we are insignificant.

Caulker took the ball first as it appears the ref and linesman saw too. He took the ball FIRST and just because Rooney choose to go down like a crack whore doesn't make it a stonewall penalty. Just a great challenge and sensible refereeing. get over it. Its not as if you deserved anything more than a point anyway with your paultry 39 per cent possession

I think you missed the point i was making to smokie.

For virtually all the occasions (minus a few exceptions) in which you might find yourself using the twelfth man excuse for either losing, being down to ten men, parking the bus etc, i can offer a well-reasoned explanation for why the ref wasn't biased, and for why the ref in fact made the correct decision, just as you eloquently did in the above in explaining why the challenge on Rooney wasn't a foul and why we weren't in fact playing twelve men. But history tells me you won't accept it. And history tells me that if i tell you that you didn't deserve anything anyway and to get over it, you won't. You'll still be harking on about how decisions always go United's way. Now here you are asking me to do precisely the thing that you are unable to do yourself.

• Like 1

Yes because most of the country are ABU's and only want to hear about decisions we get and not the ones we don't get, we are in the news every day because we are hated and long may the continue, when we are not hated anymore that will be when we are insignificant.

Caulker took the ball first as it appears the ref and linesman saw too. He took the ball FIRST and just because Rooney choose to go down like a crack whore doesn't make it a stonewall penalty. Just a great challenge and sensible refereeing. get over it. Its not as if you deserved anything more than a point anyway with your paultry 39 per cent possession

For virtually all the occasions (minus a few exceptions) in which you might find yourself using the twelfth man excuse for either losing, being down to ten men, parking the bus etc, i can offer a well-reasoned explanation for why the ref wasn't biased, and for why the ref in fact made the correct decision, just as you eloquently did in the above in explaining why the challenge on Rooney wasn't a foul and why we weren't in fact playing twelve men. But history tells me you won't accept it. And history tells me that if i tell you that you didn't deserve anything anyway and to get over it, you won't. You'll still be harking on about how decisions always go United's way. Now here you are asking me to do precisely the thing that you are unable to do yourself.

I can't believe you think that.

It was one hell of a great tackle. Don't know about the rest of your post but i do know the ref, linesmen, commentators and studio pundits all agree with me.

Ferguson, Nev and Ed agree with you

I rest my casewai2.gif

I can't believe you think that.

It was one hell of a great tackle. Don't know about the rest of your post but i do know the ref, linesmen, commentators and studio pundits all agree with me.

Ferguson, Nev and Ed agree with you

I rest my casewai2.gif

You are still missing my point. I'm not arguing with you about Rooney not getting a penalty.

Is the point you are making that i will never accept a decision in favour of Manchester Utd?

No, my point is that the twelfth man excuse gets wheeled out far more often than is actually justified, and i am in no doubt whatsoever, that had the situation been reversed, and had that been our defender bringing down the Spurs attacker in the box, never mind whether the defender managed to get his big toe to the ball, all the Spurs fans would have been going on about United and their "twelfth man".

Stop playing with those boring Spuds.

Come on you Mancs - lets have the list of which Chevvys your stars have been strongarmed into pretending they drive to stay faithful to the sponsor!

Must say Scholesys (ex) Chevvy SUV looks a bit nicer than my Fortuner and perfectly suited to a quiet unassuming man of significant personal wealthtongue.png . Chevvys were absolute cr@p when I worked in the States but that was a long time ago now.

Looking forward to the game tonight hoping we will get a few goals and a win to keep the distance from the blues and give us a cushion for our assault on the Champions League and Fa Cup ....amazing before you know it a treble could be on again!

Cue the profanities wink.png

i hope you lose. biggrin.png

You always do cheesy.gif But you hope to win the lottery too - and that does not happen clap2.gif

How are you doing in the prediction league ? now 4th Bottom cheesy.gif

Back in BKK if you want to meet up.

BTburp.gif

Typical. I'm back in the wind and rain for a while. Have fun.....thumbsup.gif

Is the point you are making that i will never accept a decision in favour of Manchester Utd?

No, my point is that the twelfth man excuse gets wheeled out far more often than is actually justified, and i am in no doubt whatsoever, that had the situation been reversed, and had that been our defender bringing down the Spurs attacker in the box, never mind whether the defender managed to get his big toe to the ball, all the Spurs fans would have been going on about United and their "twelfth man".

Thats just rubbish mate. We have the use of technology to make our judgements calls as in the Caulker tackle. The refs don't. How is it then that even with the use of technology you still think its was a bolt on penalty?

Whilst on the subject of "twelfth men"how do you explain fergietime them? IE theres more injury time when you are losing than when you are winning? I suppose thats also just a figment of our imagination!

Who put the Valium in the team's halftime tea ?

Talk about sluggish in the second half, lucky to win it.

Shocking 2nd half, the pitch was watered before the game and in the 2nd half dried out and did not suit utd's play, well it suited Southampton so why not us? they played excellent 2nd half and deserved something from the game.

Thats just rubbish mate. We have the use of technology to make our judgements calls as in the Caulker tackle. The refs don't. How is it then that even with the use of technology you still think its was a bolt on penalty?

Whilst on the subject of "twelfth men"how do you explain fergietime them? IE theres more injury time when you are losing than when you are winning? I suppose thats also just a figment of our imagination!

Read this Fergie time applies to all the big teams so could well be called any manager managing one of the big teams you want in brackets( )time.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-20464371

You are still missing my point. I don't think it was a bolt on penalty. What i do think is that it could have easily been given, such were the tiny fractions involved, and i believe that were the situations reversed, and were that your striker in our box, all the Spurs fans would have been going on about our twelfth man. Why do i think that? Well because ignoring for a minute a few silly ones like the ball over the line incident that smokie alluded to, that majority of decisions from the ref that Spurs fans have moaned about in the past as being biased, have been decisions exactly like this one. You accept them when they go in your favour, but not when they go against. That was my point.

As for Fergie time, for last season the average amount of time we got added on when in a losing position was 4m 37s. And how much added on time did Spurs get? 4m 37s. Yep, to the second, exactly the same amount of time. Sure, you can try and continue to make the argument by switching to look at the amount of time added on when in a winning position, and moan that you get more added on time than we do, but really that is starting to stretch the argument a bit thin. If Fergie time was as blatant and as terrible as ABUs go on about, the statistic for added on time when in a losing position would tell its own story and would make the case easily. It doesn't.

Anywho, that topic is done to death and i suspect you are bored with it wink.png ... so.. last night, pretty good first half performance after that early blunder, which i blame mostly on Carrick. DeGea didn't do well either. Seemed to take his eye of the ball and perhaps worrying too much about giving away a penalty. Still, as is often the case in games in which he blunders, he made up for it by making some saves, particularly that one from Lambert's free kick, that other goalies might not have done.

Second half it all seemed to go to pieces. Last 15 minutes was agonizing. Just couldn't retain the ball. Midfield was for me the biggest culprit of that. Thought we could of done with bringing on Scholes to try and restore some order in the centre. Welbeck out wide never works for me. There were times when i completely forgot he was on the pitch. And brining on Nani... deary me. Please oh please somebody take him off our hands today! Him out and Wanyama in would be fantastic, but seems highly unlikely.

Anyway, three points in the bag. It's a cushion but we really need the three piece sofa to go with it, to start feeling anything like comfortable this season.

Anywho, that topic is done to death and i suspect you are bored with it wink.png ... so.. last night, pretty good first half performance after that early blunder, which i blame mostly on Carrick. DeGea didn't do well either. Seemed to take his eye of the ball and perhaps worrying too much about giving away a penalty. Still, as is often the case in games in which he blunders, he made up for it by making some saves, particularly that one from Lambert's free kick, that other goalies might not have done.

Don't make excuses for him,

he made up for it by making some saves
24.gif thats why he is there, thats his job, he's not there to make mistakes.

Shocking 2nd half, the pitch was watered before the game and in the 2nd half dried out and did not suit utd's play, well it suited Southampton so why not us?

Are you being serious nev? You are blaming the pitch at your gaff for not suiting uniteds play laugh.png

The pitch was watered at interval also.

At least I blamed the half-time tea ( we might have to change the caterers, old Mrs 'Ardcastle, the tea-lady, has a few senior moments now & then )

TeaLady.gif

Edited by LeungKen

Don't make excuses for him,

he made up for it by making some saves
24.gif thats why he is there, thats his job, he's not there to make mistakes.

I'm not making excuses. He is clearly not the complete keeper. Right now he is doing some part of his job spectacularly well, and other parts spectacularly badly. It is a worry.

Was interesting what the commentator was saying about right now in the world football there being something of a shortage of outstanding world class keepers. Plenty of good ones but not many who really stand out as being the best in the world. Strange.

Shocking 2nd half, the pitch was watered before the game and in the 2nd half dried out and did not suit utd's play, well it suited Southampton so why not us?

Are you being serious nev? You are blaming the pitch at your gaff for not suiting uniteds play laugh.png

No mate fergie mentioned that in a interview, the pitch should have been replaced at the start of the season but was not done it is falling apart and will be replaced at the end of the season.

My opinion was that we was out played by Southampton and you just have to acknowledge they was the better team in the 2nd half.

No mate fergie mentioned that in a interview, the pitch should have been replaced at the start of the season but was not done it is falling apart and will be replaced at the end of the season.

My opinion was that we was out played by Southampton and you just have to acknowledge they was the better team in the 2nd half.

So Fergies making excuses now even when they win 24.gif

Shocking to see Southampton played 70% better than United in the second half, Cant figure out why Fergie use three forwards in the second half which they should have lock up the shop by intruding Scholes or Giggsy in place of Wellbeck or Rooney, Even though a win is a win is important but i fear they will be exposed if they keep using the three forward like last night. We will see how Southampton fared this week-end, they was fantastic last night like Fergie said, they was the best team against United this season. Fulham beat West Ham very easily last night even though West Ham nearly beat United recently in the FA cup, Will give United a tough game this weekend at Craven Cottage. Craven Cottage is difficult pitch for big team like United, They should use 4-5-1 instead of 3-3-4 like last night for Fulham match this saturday. Hope Fergie take noted of what i think, lol.

Edited by Billy The Kid

So you are a multi billion dollar club, and have a pitch that resembles a quagmire!!laugh.png Talk about all fur and no knickers!!

Disgraceful. It looked like a flashback to the Seventiescheesy.gif

Shocking to see Southampton played 70% better than United in the second half, Cant figure out why Fergie use three forwards in the second half which they should have lock up the shop by intruding Scholes or Giggsy in place of Wellbeck or Rooney, Even though a win is a win is important but i fear they will be exposed if they keep using the three forward like last night. We will see how Southampton fared this week-end, they was fantastic last night like Fergie said, they was the best team against United this season. Fulham beat West Ham very easily last night even though West Ham nearly beat United recently in the FA cup, Will give United a tough game this weekend at Craven Cottage. Craven Cottage is difficult pitch for big team like United, They should use 4-5-1 instead of 3-3-4 like last night for Fulham match this saturday. Hope Fergie take noted of what i think, lol.

Fulham were utter crap when we played them a few days ago. If they are anything like that, we should be ok, but as you say, with second half performances like that that we saw last night, who knows...

Re playing 3 strikers, i wouldn't mind so much if it didn't mean having one of them playing out wide. RVP and Pea up front, with Rooney in the hole behind for example, is ok. Or exchanging Pea for Welbeck. But Welbeck out wide, nah, doesn't work.

Anybody know what is going on with Powell? Is he still injured?

P.S. welcomeani.gif Billy!

Edited by rixalex
  • Like 1