Manchester United

redrus

One thing that is definately happening in the summer is the replacement of the Old Trafford surface.I think work is starting this week after tonight's Legends game, United v Real Madrid ,60,000 fans.United lost 2-1.

The company /product DESSO did the Wembley pitch which had so many problems initially when it opened..It will be part grass,part synthetic, fibre a fusion of the 2.This is not a ground breaking project some clubs throughout the world have taken this route for their main pitch and training facilities. A former team mate of mine has seen it played on in the US and tells me its the ants pants.......we will see.

Welcome to the 21st Century. City have been using that for several years now and so have several other clubs including lower division clubs. Yes it is the Bees Knees but with the trouble you have had with your playing surface over the years, your groundsman need sacking for only just cottoning onto this product.

Just think what we might have won with a better pitch to play onwink.png

bac in the day luton won more than they should have, because they had a shit pitchsmile.png

So what you are saying is united have only won what we have because of a shit pitchbiggrin.png i was being ironic as we have done pretty fine with what we have.

• Like 1

The Old Trafford pitch is probably the most used pitch in the UK.No I don't have the stats or a link but they were published some time ago which confirmed that fact. Looking at the Wembley pitch, in recent times, the surface looks fine.Groundsmen are not responsible for the decision that's what Directors are for.The revenue that MU derive from renting out OT helps the bottom line enormously and some unlike other clubs sale of the naming rights to OT has never been considered.

Your missing my point Sparkles (and it was a serious one). United have been complaining about their pitch and relaying time and time again since I was a lad. The Groundsman should have put a justification case together for the investment of this type of pitch years ago, that's what his job is. Directors only make business and investment decisions based on a justification that is put in front of them. He obviously didn't do that, until now.

But your original post on this subject was put across like this is something new and ground breaking (sorry for the pun) but it isn't. Many, many clubs (including even lower division ones) have been using it for years.

It's like bragging to your mates that you have bought this new hi tech gadget but they all had one years ago. Even your poor mates.

A shit 'plastic' pitch....! whistling.gif

true , but as nev pointed out if you had a better pitch perhaps it would give you an advantage, so perhaps your not so good pitch also gave you an advantage, all i'm doing is agreeing with one of your ownwai2.gif

The Old Trafford pitch is probably the most used pitch in the UK.No I don't have the stats or a link but they were published some time ago which confirmed that fact. Looking at the Wembley pitch, in recent times, the surface looks fine.Groundsmen are not responsible for the decision that's what Directors are for.The revenue that MU derive from renting out OT helps the bottom line enormously and some unlike other clubs sale of the naming rights to OT has never been considered.

Your missing my point Sparkles (and it was a serious one). United have been complaining about their pitch and relaying time and time again since I was a lad. The Groundsman should have put a justification case together for the investment of this type of pitch years ago, that's what his job is. Directors only make business and investment decisions based on a justification that is put in front of them. He obviously didn't do that, until now.

But your original post on this subject was put across like this is something new and ground breaking (sorry for the pun) but it isn't. Many, many clubs (including even lower division ones) have been using it for years.

It's like bragging to your mates that you have bought this new hi tech gadget but they all had one years ago. Even your poor mates.

In all fairness mate, I cant imagine a grounds man not knowing about and wanting grass technology, but from what i've heard owners/md's need their <deleted> rammed into vice b4 they invest in a pitchbiggrin.png really stupid i know, tbh the prem and leagues should be on the case and insist on certain standards, not sure what exactly, but they should bah.gif

A shit 'plastic' pitch....! whistling.gif

true , but as nev pointed out if you had a better pitch perhaps it would give you an advantage, so perhaps your not so good pitch also gave you an advantage, all i'm doing is agreeing with one of your ownwai2.gif

....And I wasn't arguing fella, just pointing it out.. wai.gif

redrus

How do you know the matter has not been discussed at United for a long time ? you are only speculating,without any knowledge, that the groundsman has not made the club aware of the problems.You don't think SAF hasn't had an imput over the years.I am quite aware obviously that artificial grass has been around for a long time.My old club has had it for some time. I have watched many games on it but also like any new concept/product great strides are continually being made in improving the product.The new surface from Desso is a million times superior than the the previous surfaces which have been around for years. Suggest anyone who is interested google www.desso.com Obviously from a business point of few the income potential for the likes of Desso ,and they are not the only company, is simple enormous and you might finally consider that SOME clubs have been waiting for this time to arrive when the investment is appropriate and long lasting.

How do you know the matter has not been discussed at United for a long time ? you are only speculating,without any knowledge, that the groundsman has not made the club aware of the problems.You don't think SAF hasn't had an imput over the years.I am quite aware obviously that artificial grass has been around for a long time.My old club has had it for some time. I have watched many games on it but also like any new concept/product great strides are continually being made in improving the product.The new surface from Desso is a million times superior than the the previous surfaces which have been around for years. Suggest anyone who is interested google www.desso.com Obviously from a business point of few the income potential for the likes of Desso ,and they are not the only company, is simple enormous and you might finally consider that SOME clubs have been waiting for this time to arrive when the investment is appropriate and long lasting.

Not for one minute do I think this hasn't been discussed several times Sparkles. All I'm saying is why on earth has it taken this long for one of the richest clubs in the world, who has a proven record of having a dire pitch, to cotton onto something that many other teams have already installed several years ago and which has already proven successful.

Some of the customers already using this same hybrid grass:-

Arsenal FC Emirates Stadium, UK

Arsenal FC training academy, UK

AS Monaco FC Training Centre, France

Aston Villa, UK

AZ Alkmaar, the Netherlands

Burnley FC Turf Moor Stadium, UK

Cardiff City Stadium, UK

Donbass Arena, Ukraine

Feyenoord, the Netherlands

Grêmio, Brazil

Huddersfield Town & Giants, UK

Leigh Sports Village, UK

Liverpool FC, UK

Manchester City, UK

Mbombela Stadium, South Africa

Metalist Stadium, Ukraine

Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium, South Africa

Ocean Stadium, France

Panthessaliko Stadium, Greece

Peter Mokaba Stadium, South Africa

Royal Léopold Uccle FC, Belgium

RSC Anderlecht, Belgium

San Siro Stadium, Italy

Santos FC, Brazil

St. George's Park, UK

Stade de la Beaujoire, France

Swansea FC, UK

Tottenham Hotspur WHL Stadium, UK

VfL Wolfsburg, Germany

Watford FC, UK

Wembley Stadium, UK

Rooney set to miss tonight's match as he waits for his pre-match meal biggrin.png

attachicon.gifBLxgboTCUAAaMcX.png-large.png

Lol! I hope he leaves United this summer. Kagawa is a better player in my opinion.

If Rooney is in form, Kagawa doesn't really come anywhere close. Problem is, it's quite a big "if" these days. I'd take this gamble if his heart was in it. It isn't. So yeah, i agree. Hope he leaves.

Rooney set to miss tonight's match as he waits for his pre-match meal biggrin.png

Lol! I hope he leaves United this summer. Kagawa is a better player in my opinion. I'm very excited about what changes Moyes will do in central midfield. If any changes will happen at all. Should be a fun off-season smile.png

If he leaves there will be a very big name signing........you heard it here.

And it won't be Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink coming out of retirement.biggrin.png

• Like 1

Lol! I hope he leaves United this summer. Kagawa is a better player in my opinion. I'm very excited about what changes Moyes will do in central midfield. If any changes will happen at all. Should be a fun off-season smile.png

United seem to have their cards very close to their chest. You think there's a chance they're trying to pry loose Ronaldo from Madrid, despite Perez's insistence he's going nowhere ? I imagine they'd love to pocket either Ronaldo or Bale. They'd get a great footballer in either one, and also take a swipe at Madrid regardless of which one they signed.

And is it just me, or does Perez come across as a bit of an idiot ? Mourinho leaves under a cloud of relentless criticism from the Spanish press, and most of Madrid's fans, and then Perez states Mourinho might be welcome back in the future. <deleted> ?huh.png

United seem to have their cards very close to their chest. You think there's a chance they're trying to pry loose Ronaldo from Madrid, despite Perez's insistence he's going nowhere ? I imagine they'd love to pocket either Ronaldo or Bale. They'd get a great footballer in either one, and also take a swipe at Madrid regardless of which one they signed.

And is it just me, or does Perez come across as a bit of an idiot ? Mourinho leaves under a cloud of relentless criticism from the Spanish press, and most of Madrid's fans, and then Perez states Mourinho might be welcome back in the future. <deleted> ?huh.png

United are indeed playing their cards close to their chest and I do think they would love to get either Ronaldo or Bale, it would be a real coup.

Bale with RVP or Ronaldo with......err Ronaldo. Either way they would be hard to knock down, lets face it they won the EPL in a canter with their current squad..

ss, and most of Madrid's fans, and then Perez states Mourinho might be welcome back in the future. <deleted> ?huh.png

United are indeed playing their cards close to their chest and I do think they would love to get either Ronaldo or Bale, it would be a real coup.

Bale with RVP or Ronaldo with......err Ronaldo. Either way they would be hard to knock down, lets face it they won the EPL in a canter with their current squad..

But we are a club in decline as we keep getting told on here, can we improve or will we implode now fergie is gone.

ss, and most of Madrid's fans, and then Perez states Mourinho might be welcome back in the future. <deleted> ?huh.png

But we are a club in decline as we keep getting told on here, can we improve or will we implode now fergie is gone.

laugh.png I wish I could get a bet on United not imploding. I don't think for one moment that this whole retirement thing and appointing a new manager so fast, was an overnight decision. I feel confident that United will be the ones to beat once again and I also think that the owners will not let the team be weakened, if anything plans are already afloat to make it stronger. It's probably cat and mouse, with United waiting to see just how strong City and Chelsea squads are. Both will be strong, but do United have an ace up their sleeve? wink.png

laugh.png I wish I could get a bet on United not imploding. I don't think for one moment that this whole retirement thing and appointing a new manager so fast, was an overnight decision. I feel confident that United will be the ones to beat once again and I also think that the owners will not let the team be weakened, if anything plans are already afloat to make it stronger. It's probably cat and mouse, with United waiting to see just how strong City and Chelsea squads are. Both will be strong, but do United have an ace up their sleeve? wink.png

biggrin.png OK.

If you are a club in decline what does that make us I shudder to think.

A club up for sale.

Newcastle United

^ Insightful answer there Carms.

I do not feel the need to use any more words than are necessary..

This thread has become so defensive and insecure since footballs answer to John Major was appointed manager.

Have all the RAG's retired with bacon face?

Not really, but you seem to spend a lot of time in this thread Carmel. Why is that?

You must be getting bored.

Not really bored Toady, he just wants to know what is happening at a BIG CLUB Posted Image

BT Posted Image

Its not even the second city of the empire....