Manchester United

redrus

At the time yes no doubts I would have picked ferguson, he did total wonders at Aberdeen

The pick of any manager from around the world, and you are saying you would have gone for Ferguson?
it was a diferent era, as a rule of thumb, top european managers didnt come to england and top english managers didnt do abroad

and yes out of what was avaibible at the time he would have been one , if not, the top, preferred choice

Fair enough, but i don't think his appointment was received with great excitement at the time, and i don't think there were many who were speaking of him as highly as you are now, certainly not after he was a couple of years in at United.

Anyway, the point i'm making is that what people outside of the club think about us appointing Moyes, is of no consequence or real interest to people inside the club. Had we been listening to these people, we wouldn't be where we are today.

stop pussying about rij,

He hasn't got a cat in hells chance in Europe.

premier league? Top 6 if he's lucky.

I cant really be so categorical on it single, 2 major things that go in his favor is that he's got the players and the budget , so who knows, ,but tbh its his to fuc up .:wai2:

don't forget to send me an apology if Rooney does leave.

At the time yes no doubts I would have picked ferguson, he did total wonders at Aberdeen

The pick of any manager from around the world, and you are saying you would have gone for Ferguson?
it was a diferent era, as a rule of thumb, top european managers didnt come to england and top english managers didnt do abroad and yes out of what was avaibible at the time he would have been one , if not, the top, preferred choice
Fair enough, but i don't think his appointment was received with great excitement at the time, and i don't think there were many who were speaking of him as highly as you are now, certainly not after he was a couple of years in at United.Anyway, the point i'm making is that what people outside of the club think about us appointing Moyes, is of no consequence or real interest to people inside the club. Had we been listening to these people, we wouldn't be where we are today.

self justifying cods wallop

it was a diferent era, as a rule of thumb, top european managers didnt come to england and top english managers didnt do abroad

and yes out of what was avaibible at the time he would have been one , if not, the top, preferred choice

Fair enough, but i don't think his appointment was received with great excitement at the time, and i don't think there were many who were speaking of him as highly as you are now, certainly not after he was a couple of years in at United.

Anyway, the point i'm making is that what people outside of the club think about us appointing Moyes, is of no consequence or real interest to people inside the club. Had we been listening to these people, we wouldn't be where we are today.

Mate what was exciting at the time wasn't fergie taking over but that you were in danger of getting relegated,,,,, again,,,,clap2.gif

Mate what was exciting at the time wasn't fergie taking over but that you were in danger of getting relegated,,,,, again,,,,clap2.gif

And that's the difference between our two clubs. We backed SAF,s judgement and the rest is, as they say, history. Redknapp took over when Spurs were in danger of being relegated. He turned them into a club challenging for honours, but what did Spurs do..................................sack himclap2.gifclap2.gif

• Like 1

It's always great to see some of the young lads getting some experience by going on tour.

I realise, of course, that the tour is about broadening the support base, selling more merchandise and fulfilling sponsorship obligations, but it does give the younger boys the chance to knit into the squad without too much pressure and to prepare for the coming season under vastly different conditions.

The United boss has selected a blend of experience and youth for the visits to Thailand, Australia, Japan and Hong Kong, while three other first-team stars - Robin van Persie, David De Gea and Shinji Kagawa - will join up with the rest of the squad later this month.

The full tour squad is as follows:

Goalkeepers: Anders Lindegaard, Ben Amos
Defenders: Rafael, Phil Jones, Rio Ferdinand, Jonny Evans, Patrice Evra, Alex Büttner, Fabio, Michael Keane
Midfielders: Michael Carrick, Anderson, Tom Cleverley, Ryan Giggs, Wilfried Zaha, Jesse Lingard, Adnan Januzaj
Strikers: Wayne Rooney, Danny Welbeck

And that's the difference between our two clubs. We backed SAF,s judgement and the rest is, as they say, history. Redknapp took over when Spurs were in danger of being relegated. He turned them into a club challenging for honours, but what did Spurs do..................................sack himclap2.gifclap2.gif

Talking <deleted> again on this thread,

danger of being relegated.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

You obviously don't know the reasons why he was sacked wink.png

Talking <deleted> again on this thread,

danger of being relegated.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

You obviously don't know the reasons why he was sacked wink.png

List of teams Bottom after 8 games

2012-13 QPR...3 PTS

2011-12 BLACKBURN......5 PTS

2010-11 WEST HAM.......6 PTS

2009-10 PORTSMOUTH.....3 PTS

2008-09 SPURS........ 2 PTS

2007-08 DERBY CO..... 5 PTS

2006-07 CHARLTON...3 PTS

Spurs were the only team above who DID NOT get relegated, and they had the least number of points after 8 games.

Immaterial of the reasons why Redknapp got sacked. I think it is a fair assumption that had he not arrived when he did, then Spurs would have got relegated.

• Like 2

How come Vidic isnt in the squad ? Injured or possibly moving on ?

Smallings omission will be because of injury.

Sciatica problem for Vidic.

Has Garay actually put pen to paper with United ? Its easy to understand why United are in the hunt for some CBs. I rate both Ferdinand and Vidic, but both seem to be awfully fragile these days.

How come Vidic isnt in the squad ? Injured or possibly moving on ?

Smallings omission will be because of injury.

The Guardian seems to be the only source I've come across saying anything about Vidic's absence from the tour.

They are saying it's sciatica !

I guess all will be revealed in the fulness of time. unsure.png

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jul/10/nemanja-vidic-misses-manchester-united-tour-injured

Not all surprised that Vidic hasn't toured.pretty well known he has a chronic knee problem and playing what are primarily exhibition games isn't so important. More important that he is fit and ready for the start of the season with the draw possibly the hardest United have had for many seasons.The tour is an opportunity for Moyes to assess the fringe players and decide who is going out on loan,Fabio, Buttner,Powell just for starters

2012-13 QPR...3 PTS

2006-07 CHARLTON...3 PTS

Spurs were the only team above who DID NOT get relegated, and they had the least number of points after 8 games.

Immaterial of the reasons why Redknapp got sacked. I think it is a fair assumption that had he not arrived when he did, then Spurs would have got relegated.

Nothing to do with the quality of the players he had, all down to Harry coffee1.gif

2012-13 QPR...3 PTS

2006-07 CHARLTON...3 PTS

Nothing to do with the quality of the players he had, all down to Harry :coffee1:

Looks to me like Harry did an excellent managerial job at Spurs during all the time he was there.

2012-13 QPR...3 PTS

2006-07 CHARLTON...3 PTS

Nothing to do with the quality of the players he had, all down to Harry coffee1.gif

AVB achieved more points last season than scrotum face ever did and baring in mind he did not have the services of Modric or Van Der Vaart. I rest my case.

Oh yes, and AVB isn't a lying crook that does his negotiating through the tabloids

2012-13 QPR...3 PTS

2006-07 CHARLTON...3 PTS

Looks to me like Harry did an excellent managerial job at Spurs during all the time he was there.

Yes he did but we upgraded to a manager with a greater tactical acumen.

2012-13 QPR...3 PTS

2006-07 CHARLTON...3 PTS

Nothing to do with the quality of the players he had, all down to Harry :coffee1:

Lucky AVB was released by Chelsea then. you could have ended up with .......... Moyes.

"As for whether i would have chosen Moyes, i had three or four possible right men for the job, and Moyes was one of them. He wasn't the only person i would have been happy with, but he was one of them."

Sounds like a kop out and a recipe for failure.

My regard for united is rapidly dwindling.

I would stake a guess that the potential first choice is now the incumbent at Bayern Munichwink.png

Your assumption is incorrect-whistling.gif

Edited by petermik

Didnt know you were a member if the team. Whats with the WE

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You're in luck.....I have used up my "Bore off" quota for the week already.

• Like 2

"As for whether i would have chosen Moyes, i had three or four possible right men for the job, and Moyes was one of them. He wasn't the only person i would have been happy with, but he was one of them."

I would stake a guess that the potential first choice is now the incumbent at Bayern Munich;)

Your assumption is incorrect-:whistling:

Mourhino was rumoured. seems like Jose and SAF got on a treat over a glass of red wine.

Moyes?

2012-13 QPR...3 PTS

2006-07 CHARLTON...3 PTS

I don't think it was a case of how good harry was, more of a case of how bad Ramos was thumbsup.gif

2012-13 QPR...3 PTS

2006-07 CHARLTON...3 PTS

I don't think it was a case of how good harry was, more of a case of how bad Ramos was :thumbsup:

don't worry alf. carmine has put us straight. Edited by SinglePot

I would stake a guess that the potential first choice is now the incumbent at Bayern Munichwink.png

Your assumption is incorrect-whistling.gif

Yeh right, like you'd knowcheesy.gif