Manchester United

redrus

No doubts moyes is on a learning curve, but as for players being put off because its moyes not ferguson , overstated imo, people quoting thaigo/ going 2 bayern, he was always gonna pic pep over ANYONE else, how many years had they worked 2 gether, and as for attracting world class stars LOL, that really aint man utd, I hate to say it, but they r a proper club, unlike their noisey neighbors , utd have a 'plan' not totally based short term and round the cheque book, they tend 2 buy talent young promising and push them on, smalling jones saha ect ect and with the occasional yooth player thrown in like cleverly,, there will be a bedding in for mosey and sure her'll hit evrton for players, lots of managers go bac and raid their prev clubs if they think the players will be able to do a job 4 their new club, 1 thing that will always be there to help out and make sure man utd compete, the large cheque book, utd pay TOP DOLLAR when needed aka vp, but there's an up to this though GOOD TO SEE a bit of nerves creeping in, far far to annoyingly arrogant for far far to long,biggrin.png

You are having a giraffe, rijiit!!

Smalling, Jones, Saha?????? Push them on???

All 3 are/were walking sick notes.

A combined 9 seasons between them with a total of about 170 appearances.

I think a better example of buying young and talented youngsters and pushing them on are players like Veron or Taibi or Blanc or Kleberson or Djemba Djemba or Bebe or Cruyf or Anderson who is still being pushedclap2.gif

Almost the only thing your club has is a large cheque book, theres no balance to your squad , no players being brought from down the pecking order being bought, given games and being nurtured with an eye for the future , barring richards no youth players being brought on and given experience, your buying is almost totally verging on short term,NO BALANCE. personally currently I think your club represents all that's wrong with football,.there's no ifs or but with this If spurs were EVER 2 100% follow the man city model, I call it a model, IMO that's being extremely kind,!!!!! I'd e seriously consider stop supporting them.wai2.gif

I don't want Modric but i am hearing that Fabregas will sign for us smile.png

Along with the Benfica player.

Interesting, the one person linked to Man Utd that really wanted Modric was Ferguson yet you and so many other Utd fans are so dismissive. Go figure. I'm starting to think you lot really know jack sh!t without the guidance of Mr Ferguson. its so bloddy obvious Modric is a great fit for you yet you can't see it and you are still talking pie in the sky ideas of signings that will never happen. If i'm wrong of course i'll hold my hands up but unless you are offering him some kind of world record salary package Fabfregas is a pipe dream.

Very tough times ahead i'm afraid Ed. Stability stability stabilitythumbsup.gif

Yeah modric jjust about had his best game ide EVER seen him play against utd in that champs lge game, ripped them to shreds, but was that partly down to murry boys timing, whether moyes would see and take that opportunity, is another thing. but yeah on the face of it he'd be a good fit, still needs to up his goals to games though.

• Like 1

No doubts moyes is on a learning curve, but as for players being put off because its moyes not ferguson , overstated imo, people quoting thaigo/ going 2 bayern, he was always gonna pic pep over ANYONE else, how many years had they worked 2 gether, and as for attracting world class stars LOL, that really aint man utd, I hate to say it, but they r a proper club, unlike their noisey neighbors , utd have a 'plan' not totally based short term and round the cheque book, they tend 2 buy talent young promising and push them on, smalling jones saha ect ect and with the occasional yooth player thrown in like cleverly,, there will be a bedding in for mosey and sure her'll hit evrton for players, lots of managers go bac and raid their prev clubs if they think the players will be able to do a job 4 their new club, 1 thing that will always be there to help out and make sure man utd compete, the large cheque book, utd pay TOP DOLLAR when needed aka vp, but there's an up to this though GOOD TO SEE a bit of nerves creeping in, far far to annoyingly arrogant for far far to long,biggrin.png

I think a better example of buying young and talented youngsters and pushing them on are players like Veron or Taibi or Blanc or Kleberson or Djemba Djemba or Bebe or Cruyf or Anderson who is still being pushedclap2.gif

Almost the only thing your club has is a large cheque book, theres no balance to your squad , no players being brought from down the pecking order being bought, given games and being nurtured with an eye for the future , barring richards no youth players being brought on and given experience, your buying is almost totally verging on short term,NO BALANCE. personally currently I think your club represents all that's wrong with football,.there's no ifs or but with this If spurs were EVER 2 100% follow the man city model, I call it a model, IMO that's being extremely kind,!!!!! I'd e seriously consider stop supporting them.wai2.gif

Take a deep breath, rijiit. Engage brain. Then look at what City are doing, and what they are promoting. I am not going to go into it here, but I suggest reading about it, before you start coming out with nonsense. Every time you start pontificating about City, it reeks of a jealous fan. And if you think for one minute you would stop supporting Spurs if they suddenly got a huge injection of cash, then you are totally delusional

Everything I have read about Citeh suggests rijit is spot on.

Abramovich has his critics but its nothing like the kettle of fish at the Etihad.

Read MY posts and the attachments.

Then put spurs situation and motives in context.

Edited by SinglePot
  • Like 1

Take a deep breath, rijiit. Engage brain. Then look at what City are doing, and what they are promoting. I am not going to go into it here, but I suggest reading about it, before you start coming out with nonsense. Every time you start pontificating about City, it reeks of a jealous fan. And if you think for one minute you would stop supporting Spurs if they suddenly got a huge injection of cash, then you are totally delusional

PLease!!!!, the last time you gave mentioned and posted reading matter ie what you based you views on the way you were handling ffp clap2.gif was FROM YOUR LOCAL RAG.cheesy.gif and quite frankly inept. 'engage brain', perhaps thats one you should look at 4 yourself, PROMOTING and nonsense? cheesy.gif as i say no young players coming through, no youth players on the immediate horizon, almost all purchases, for the immediate rather than long term, Jealous, clap2.gif JUST TO REITERATE as far as i'm concerned as an advert/model for the football business,and a football club, which IMO top end perm should be , man city, IMO is a joke may I ADD SADLY A RATHER pathetically BAD ONE..

Edited by rijit

123 London Boys.

city united I don't care.

Well as this is the United thread, I suggest you move your love tryst to one of the saafern threads.

As for me I am not going to defend my team on the United thread, so I am drawing a line on the discussion.

• Like 1

Presumably that includes a ceasefire on criticism of united and other clubs on the united thread?

TBH. I don't care whose thread it is.

Chavs thread is remarkably light of criticism at the moment.

Edited by SinglePot

Presumably that includes a ceasefire on criticism of united and other clubs on the united thread?

Have you ever considered moderating? Seriously....

Back to football. Am i alone in finding it hardly to believe that one, Mata was offered and two, Mata was turned down? Better player than Rooney, certainly last season anyway, and the chavs are also going to give cash! It would also bring in a much needed top quality midfielder.

Doesn't make sense

• Like 1

Actually dan YOU choose to turn it in to a city topic, and then as per normal you spout NOTHING of any substance, when you talk of envy, yeah cant but help cast an eye over man utd's last 25 years, they've fans tend to be irritatingly cocky, but the team have led English football in a stylish and entertaining way, generally attempting to do things in the right manner, bringing young players through, and always attempting to play with flair and style, but envious of your abomination frankly i'm approaching ashamed to say they're an english club, there is NOTHING i find appealing in you club,oh maybe the light blue shirts biggrin.png , but the rest, living in publicly subsidized accommodation, wasting millions on players, no productive youth policy, not even any speculation on a few young promising players. as i said ATM i find absolutely nothing what so ever to like about youer,,,, what ever you like to call it, unlike your neighbors where, unfortunatelysmile.png there is plenty to be admired, so draw all the lines you like but next time around come up with a decent ripostewai2.gif

Rijiit, stop acting the clown!!

Dont say........................".Actually dan YOU choose to turn it in to a city topic"

When the answer is actually on the same page!!!

YOU were the one who turned the topic towards City. We were talking about who United had bought, and having banter with Red, when you suddenly changed the topic to..................................

"Almost the only thing your club has is a large cheque book, theres no balance to your squad , no players being brought from down the pecking order being bought, given games and being nurtured with an eye for the future , barring richards no youth players being brought on and given experience, your buying is almost totally verging on short term,NO BALANCE. personally currently I think your club represents all that's wrong with football,.there's no ifs or but with this If spurs were EVER 2 100% follow the man city model, I call it a model, IMO that's being extremely kind,!!!!! I'd e seriously consider stop supporting them"

Rijiit, at least get your facts right, especially when you can read on the same page to get your answer.

We all have opinions which differ, but do me a favour, dont lie about what I have said.jerk.gif

Back to football. Am i alone in finding it hardly to believe that one, Mata was offered and two, Mata was turned down? Better player than Rooney, certainly last season anyway, and the chavs are also going to give cash! It would also bring in a much needed top quality midfielder.

Doesn't make sense

Once this story broke, Chelsea denied it, saying that an offer had been made but NOT including any players from Chelsea.

It was then indicated that the story came from the United side.

So it appears to me as though Uniteds spin doctors are trying to cause a bit of friction on the Chelsea side due to them making an offer for Rooney.

Doesn't make sense

Once this story broke, Chelsea denied it, saying that an offer had been made but NOT including any players from Chelsea.

So it appears to me as though Uniteds spin doctors are trying to cause a bit of friction on the Chelsea side due to them making an offer for Rooney.

Sounds about right Jack. Anyway, its now just a case of agreeing the price and the chav is off to the chavs.

Am i alone in thinking Utd's options for midfield purchases are looking painfully thin?

Doesn't make sense

Sounds about right Jack. Anyway, its now just a case of agreeing the price and the chav is off to the chavs.

Am i alone in thinking Utd's options for midfield purchases are looking painfully thin?

Have faith Carmine and you may be surprised.

That would be nice but no i doubt it,number one for me is to get rid of Rooney and see what we get for him i think if Chelsea go to 30 million it will be a done deal or Arsenal could be the surprise buyers...i really think United do not want to sell him to Chelsea because of that they issued the <deleted> about Mata or Luis which was a if you are going to talk about Rooney we will do the same to your best player also.

Still think Fabregas can be turned and even though he has said he will stay another year and don't be surprised to see Wayne at Arsenal.

A long way to go yet and strange things happen in the latter stages of the window so i am still optimistic we will get a few additions to make us even stronger.

That would be nice but no i doubt it,number one for me is to get rid of Rooney and see what we get for him i think if Chelsea go to 30 million it will be a done deal or Arsenal could be the surprise buyers...i really think United do not want to sell him to Chelsea because of that they issued the <deleted> about Mata or Luis which was a if you are going to talk about Rooney we will do the same to your best player also.

Still think Fabregas can be turned and even though he has said he will stay another year and don't be surprised to see Wayne at Arsenal.

A long way to go yet and strange things happen in the latter stages of the window so i am still optimistic we will get a few additions to make us even stronger.

I reckon Rooney for 20-25m max. Lets face it, he's going regardless.

I suppose if you offered Fabregas 250k p/w it might warm things up but still very unlikely. And yes, a long way to go and wouldn't expect Fellaini to be the first? I just can't belive Utd are going sh1t or bust on Fabregas. There must be someone else in that midfield dept.

I don't think we ever go shit or bust on only one player,as you will see soon enough.I thought they already offered 22 million for Rooney and we have said NO! wink.png

Remember our squad are the champions and are going to be made stronger....i know you like to stir the shit but please stop talking <deleted>.

I reckon Rooney for 20-25m max. Lets face it, he's going regardless.

I suppose if you offered Fabregas 250k p/w it might warm things up but still very unlikely. And yes, a long way to go and wouldn't expect Fellaini to be the first? I just can't belive Utd are going sh1t or bust on Fabregas. There must be someone else in that midfield dept.

All jokes aside but would Rooney be another Torres in that his best days are past him ?

I don't think we ever go shit or bust on only one player,as you will see soon enough.I thought they already offered 22 million for Rooney and we have said NO! wink.png

Remember our squad are the champions and are going to be made stronger....i know you like to stir the shit but please stop talking <deleted>.

Well!! I've never been so insulted in all my life!!

There seems to be a certain irony with you accusing others of stirring the sh1t Mr Edbiggrin.png

Anyway i think i've given this thread enough of my valuable time this morning. Good luck trying to find a midfield Mr Edlaugh.png

• Like 2

He does seem to have a problem with his fitness and his attitude if not a guaranteed first pick doesn't he.

Likes his fags n booze too much for Wenger I think....although that may well be the best move for him the swap to West London is more likely.

The frog won't spend that much on one player.....neither will his chairman despite what they like to project to their gormless season ticket holders.

I offered the opinion 2 seasons ago that Rooney's future lay in being an attacking midfielder.He's never been blessed with pace but on his day his work rate is exceptionally good as was indicated last year when he was constantly back helping out with defensive duties and laying on crosses for the flanks. I think the problem with Rooney is simple, he sees himself as an out and out striker and his minders are of a similar mind and they stand to gain more if he makes a move. Would his position as a sole striker be guaranteed at any other top club including Chelsea,Arsenal, RM ...simply no. Problem is, as a boy wonder, you think its going to last forever,it doesn't, ask Michael Owen.

Kagawa was suberb in the Asian qualifiers.I think he is going to have a big season. Roo has competition wherever he ends up, as soon as that fact sinks home he will realise the grass is not necessarily greener elsewhere.

• Like 1

I offered the opinion 2 seasons ago that Rooney's future lay in being an attacking midfielder.He's never been blessed with pace but on his day his work rate is exceptionally good as was indicated last year when he was constantly back helping out with defensive duties and laying on crosses for the flanks. I think the problem with Rooney is simple, he sees himself as an out and out striker and his minders are of a similar mind and they stand to gain more if he makes a move. Would his position as a sole striker be guaranteed at any other top club including Chelsea,Arsenal, RM ...simply no. Problem is, as a boy wonder, you think its going to last forever,it doesn't, ask Michael Owen.

Kagawa was suberb in the Asian qualifiers.I think he is going to have a big season. Roo has competition wherever he ends up, as soon as that fact sinks home he will realise the grass is not necessarily greener elsewhere.

I think for Rooney it all comes down to whether he's fit and motivated. When both, I think it would be a waste to play him as a midfielder. When properly motivated, he seems to have more pace than when he ain't. He strikes me as still being a big kid who is a ditherer, can't make a decision, looking for others to decide for him..and then annoyed when they do.