Manchester United

redrus

Anyone know if owts happening for the remembrance....? I know we play City on the 10th, I suspect there must be something then....!

It's stupid if they have rememberance on the derby game.....again.

They did it about 3 or 4 years ago at Old Trafford. I'm sorry and we don't mean to disrespect this day but you can't expect us to sit through that 10 minute (or whatever it was) in silence. It was absolutely boring, doesn't mean much to us and we're pumped up for the match.

If they do it again, don't be surprised that the city fans will sing all the way through it.

I didn't expect that from you, I actually thought that you might be above it. I am shocked....! :o:D

redrus

Anyone know if owts happening for the remembrance....? I know we play City on the 10th, I suspect there must be something then....!

They did it about 3 or 4 years ago at Old Trafford. I'm sorry and we don't mean to disrespect this day but you can't expect us to sit through that 10 minute (or whatever it was) in silence. It was absolutely boring, doesn't mean much to us and we're pumped up for the match.

If they do it again, don't be surprised that the city fans will sing all the way through it.

I didn't expect that from you, I actually thought that you might be above it. I am shocked....! :o:D

redrus

redrus i was thinking the exact same thing,you would think with one of there own players killed on that plane they would like to show respect. r.i.p. frank swift.

mr bo, come across as a good bitter and i dont think he really meant it the way it came out.

Aston Villa 1 Manchester United 4

by Footymad

Match report for the away win in the evening clash with Aston Villa

Rejuvenated Wayne Rooney destroyed Aston Villa with some lethal finishing by scoring two smart goals to take his tally to six in his last five games as Manchester United moved back into second place in the Premiership.

The England striker should have marked the game with a hat-trick only to miss a 61st minute penalty with a tame shot.

Shell-shocked Aston Villa, meanwhile, endured a nightmare 90 minutes and finished the game with only nine players after Nigel Reo-Coker and goalkeeper Scott Carson were sent off in the second half.

United, however, had to stage a tremendous recovery after conceding their first goal in 611 minutes when Gabby Agbonlahor put Villa ahead after only 13 minutes.

But the goal only injected more determination into United's play and the outcome was hardly a surprise as Villa surrendered increasing pressure generated by swiftly executed moves in which Nani was a key operator.

The result was hardly a surprise either as Villa Park is home from home for United who stretched their unbeaten run against the Midlands club to 13 games. But it was Villa's first home defeat following four successive wins.

Villa's night of woe was completed in the second half when they had Reo-Coker sent off for a second yellow card to be followed shortly afterwards by goalkeeper Carson for bringing down Carlos Tevez.

Earlier, Villa's confident young guns had not been over-awed by Manchester United in the opening stages. Once again they demonstrated their rich vein of skilful play to pose considerable problems for the Old Trafford crew.

Their only mistake was the audacity of scoring when they breached United's defensive fortress early in the game.

They had an early scare when referee Rob Styles awarded an indirect free-kick well inside Villa's penalty area but a complicated move involving Rooney and Giggs badly misfired although the United pair certainly atoned later in the game.

The game exploded into life in the 13th minute when Villa took their shock lead. Ashley Young, who enjoyed an outstanding match with his dazzling runs, produced a left-wing cross which Agbonlahor deftly headed past Edwin Van der Sar after popping up in front of Wes Brown.

But it quickly became apparent that United were not going to be in arrears for too long. They slowly began to lift the pace with some scintillating football which had the likes of Zat Knight struggling in the middle of Villa's defence.

The equaliser duly arrived in the 36th minute when Rooney, who had earlier failed to hit the target with a mis-hit shot on the turn, had the easiest of chances when he coolly slipped a low cross-shot home from Nani's right-wing cross.

If anyone needed confirmation that Rooney is back to his lethal best in front of goal it occurred when he collected a Tevez pass to finish with a razor sharp, low shot to the right of Carson. The goal even had Sir Alex Ferguson jumping out of the dug-out with joy.

Sir Alex was even more pleased a minute later when a Nani corner was headed goalwards by Tevez only to be cleared off the line by Young. Rio Ferdinand, following up, saw his effort sliced into the net by the unfortunate Craig Gardner.

Things went from bad to worse for Villa in the second half. Reo-Coker, who had been booked eight minutes earlier, was sent off for a tackle on Anderson in the 60th minute.

Carson then brought down Tevez to concede the 66th minute penalty which substitute goalkeeper Stuart Taylor had little difficulty in saving.

But Taylor had no chance when Martin Laursen headed Ryan Giggs' shot into the net in the 75th minute for the fourth goal.

Barclays Premier League, Saturday 20th October 2007 @ 17:15; Villa Park

Agbonlahor 13

Rooney 36, 44

Ferdinand 45

Giggs 75

Starting Line-ups

22 Carson

5 Laursen

4 Mellberg

16 Knight (Taylor 67)

3 Bouma

6 Barry

26 Gardner (Maloney 53)

20 Reo-Coker

7 Young

11 Agbonlahor

8 Moore (Osbourne 54)

Substitutes

13 Taylor (Knight 67)

27 Osbourne (Moore 54)

15 Davies

28 Maloney (Gardner 53)

19 Petrov

12 Goal Attempts 21

6 On Target 13

6 Off Target 7

0 Hit Woodwork 1

3 Offsides 0

3 Corners 9

8 Fouls 9

Starting Line-ups

1 Van der Sar

19 Pique

5 Ferdinand

3 Evra

6 Brown

18 Scholes (O'Shea 77)

17 Nani

8 Anderson

11 Giggs (Ronaldo 77)

32 Tevez (Fletcher 73)

10 Rooney

Substitutes

29 Kuszczak

22 O'Shea (Scholes 77)

25 Simpson

7 Ronaldo (Giggs 77)

24 Fletcher (Tevez 73)

Referee

R Styles, Hampshire

Attendance

Aston Villa Cards

Reo-Coker 52 unsporting behaviour

Reo-Coker 60 second bookable offence

Carson 66 professional foul

Young 67 dissent

Man. Utd. Cards

Scholes 39 dissent

Nani 89 unsporting behaviour

redrus

i dont think he really meant it the way it came out.

:D

:D

Fair enough....!

redrus

Come off it Red. What part of my post didn't you understand? Have the tribute on any day BUT derby day.

I have to admit that I was a little sceptical abgout how the Rooney/Tevez partnbership would work, but they were mesmerising at times today. Plenty of plus points as well, with Nani and Anderson showing good potential and the return of Hargreaves. Certainly, played some good stuff tonight, and the team is much stronger in depth this season. Lookin forward to the big game next week now.

I have to admit that I was a little sceptical abgout how the Rooney/Tevez partnbership would work, but they were mesmerising at times today. Plenty of plus points as well, with Nani and Anderson showing good potential and the return of Hargreaves. Certainly, played some good stuff tonight, and the team is much stronger in depth this season. Lookin forward to the big game next week now.

Rooney and Tevez looked awesome together tonight :o .

Their performance sends out a message to the gooners and the rest of the premiership.

So Rooney can play the target man up front , who needs Saha :D .

Am I happy ?

Or am I Happy Maak Maak ? :o:D:D

There were times last night that we looked absolutely inspirational.

4th game on the trot scoring 4 goals - the first goal from Nani was a "cracker"

Next weekend is shaping up to be the battle of the future with so many young lads on

both sides - very healthy.

Go the Red Devils

Their performance sends out a message to the gooners and the rest of the premiership.

mate rooneys best position is up front,when fergie play's him out of position like right wing he is not as good.

i honestly think this team is the best fergie has put together.

we have so much strength in depth,we have about 6 to 8 players out injured and we are still taking teams apart.

balsa boy saha will be gone in january he is a liability.

mate rooneys best position is up front,when fergie play's him out of position like right wing he is not as good.

we have so much strength in depth,we have about 6 to 8 players out injured and we are still taking teams apart.

Nev, what do you reckon Fergie will do if he gets rid of Balsa boy? Will he just be happy with what he has got? Or do you think he'll go for another striker/ Personally, I'd say either Defoe or Berbatov would be reasonable players to bring in, unless he has something else in mind. I still feel that they need cover in this aea, although I understand that Anderson can play in that role, and Giggs does from time to time. Anyway, as you say, and I agree this is starting to look like the best team Fergie has put together. Bloody brilliant. :D

Reckon you should start a new thread Mr Toad just for us to speculate on the new striker Fergie will most assuredly aquire - and I'll even tip that he keeps Saha as well, we have great coverage all round the park, save for the strikers position since Smithy and Rossi went and our beloved Ole hung up his "Blessed Boots"

Nev, what do you reckon Fergie will do if he gets rid of Balsa boy? Will he just be happy with what he has got? Or do you think he'll go for another striker/ Personally, I'd say either Defoe or Berbatov would be reasonable players to bring in, unless he has something else in mind. I still feel that they need cover in this aea, although I understand that Anderson can play in that role, and Giggs does from time to time. Anyway, as you say, and I agree this is starting to look like the best team Fergie has put together. Bloody brilliant. :D

mate i dont really know who he will bring in could be one of those two.

i would like huntlear from ajax.

we have good scouts at the moment this seasons new signings are fitting in very nicely.

nani---- for giggs.

anderson---for scholes.

hargeaves

tevez

all played a major part yesterday.

good to have cover everywhere.

just a mention to the thread are man utd in decline, i think should be brought back tp the top. :D:bah::D

we have good scouts at the moment this seasons new signings are fitting in very nicely.

nani---- for giggs.

anderson---for scholes.

hargeaves

tevez

just a mention to the thread are man utd in decline, i think should be brought back tp the top. :D:D:o

Yeah, I forgot about Huntelar. I have to admit that I haven't seen him play much, but he certainly appears to have a good record, and Dutch players do tend to adapt well to the EPL in general.

I think the links regarding Owen are probably nonsense, as replacing Balsa boy with someone else who spends as miuch time on the treatment table would be pointless. I remeber rumours about Adebayor, but again with Arsenal doing so well, they are hardly likely to sell one of their top players to United. When you look at the rest in the premiership then there looks like there is very little to actually consider as worth purchasing. Given there are a couple that would be good, a lot will be down to availabilty. I suppose we can expect to also be linked with Anelka and Martens again, both who are also good players, but Anelka always seems to come with too much baggage.

I think he may also look at some extra cover at the back, considering that Silvestre is injured, Heinze has gone and Neville is still not fit. We certainly don't want to be in a similar situation like last season at the end with only a couple of fit defenders.

nani---- for giggs.

anderson---for scholes.

hargeaves

tevez

just a mention to the thread are man utd in decline, i think should be brought back tp the top. :D:D:o

Yeah, I forgot about Huntelar. I have to admit that I haven't seen him play much, but he certainly appears to have a good record, and Dutch players do tend to adapt well to the EPL in general.

I think the links regarding Owen are probably nonsense, as replacing Balsa boy with someone else who spends as miuch time on the treatment table would be pointless. I remeber rumours about Adebayor, but again with Arsenal doing so well, they are hardly likely to sell one of their top players to United. When you look at the rest in the premiership then there looks like there is very little to actually consider as worth purchasing. Given there are a couple that would be good, a lot will be down to availabilty. I suppose we can expect to also be linked with Anelka and Martens again, both who are also good players, but Anelka always seems to come with too much baggage.

I think he may also look at some extra cover at the back, considering that Silvestre is injured, Heinze has gone and Neville is still not fit. We certainly don't want to be in a similar situation like last season at the end with only a couple of fit defenders.

mate we do have good cover at the back three young un's in simpson bardsley and pique,i have heard that berbetov has stated his disire to wear the red shirt and since he has stated this he has only put in one good performance that was against us, think if fergie wants him in the january window and the price is right or a swap and cash with saha on the cards he is our's.

mate we do have good cover at the back three young un's in simpson bardsley and pique,i have heard that berbetov has stated his disire to wear the red shirt and since he has stated this he has only put in one good performance that was against us, think if fergie wants him in the january window and the price is right or a swap and cash with saha on the cards he is our's.

I thin Pique looks like an excellent player, and obviously did him no harm going out on loan lat year. I just think that maybe someone with a little bit of experience might be needed, but as you say the squad has got a lot of depth, and is far better than last years.

Looks like Scholes is going to be out for 3 months ( I'm sure you'll manage :o ) :

Scholes faces three-month lay-off

Manchester United have suffered a huge blow with the news that Paul Scholes will be out for three months.

The 32-year-old midfielder has been diagnosed with damaged knee ligaments and will have an operation on Thursday.

Scholes picked up the injury in training ahead of the Champions League win over Dynamo Kiev last week. Fellow midfielder Michael Carrick is also sidelined although Owen Hargreaves has recently returned to the side following knee problems.

Looks like Scholes is going to be out for 3 months ( I'm sure you'll manage :o ) :

Scholes faces three-month lay-off

Manchester United have suffered a huge blow with the news that Paul Scholes will be out for three months.

The 32-year-old midfielder has been diagnosed with damaged knee ligaments and will have an operation on Thursday.

Scholes picked up the injury in training ahead of the Champions League win over Dynamo Kiev last week. Fellow midfielder Michael Carrick is also sidelined although Owen Hargreaves has recently returned to the side following knee problems.

mate very sad he is out for so long but it will give anderson plenty of time on the park to show us how good he is.

last 3 games he has been excellent.

Wednesday 31st October 2007

As shown by Rooney and Ronaldo's Bollywood appearance, United look to India to maximise profits.

The Times:

The KICK OFF programme, backed by the All India Football Federation (AIFF), marks the first time that a foreign club has been involved directly in talent-spotting in India.

The federation hopes to introduce similar programmes nationwide, using foreign expertise and private capital to help to develop Indian football, which although still dwarfed by cricket has nonetheless become more popular among the young in the last decade.

The programme also shows how European clubs such as Manchester United are trying to gain a foothold in India as a potentially huge source of fans, sponsors and, one day, players.

"It's clear to see that with such a huge population in India the potential for football to grow is enormous, and we are delighted to be involved in the further development of the game here," said Sir Alex Ferguson, the Manchester United manager. "Hopefully we can play a part in the vision of accelerating this development of young players in India."

Goa was chosen because football is particularly popular in the former Portuguese enclave, which is also one of India's most prosperous and cosmopolitan states. Savio Messias, secretary of the Goa Football Association, said that more than 5,500 children from the state had joined the programme in the Nehru Stadium.

Each is going through a series of dribbling and ball control tests designed by the youth academy, whose alumni include David Beckham, Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes.

The data is still being processed, but initial results have been impressive, according to Dale Hobson, director of international development for Manchester United Soccer Schools.

"What we see in the children is very encouraging - some of them are potentially very good," he said. "This is only a pilot scheme, but just think, India is 145th in the world and has 1.1 billion people. There's a disconnect there - it doesn't make sense."

Some blame India's climate and widespread malnutrition, which hinders young players's physical development. Others blame corruption and chronic inefficiency within the AIFF, which is dominated by politicians.

Mr Hobson said that television was probably the decisive factor. "It's only when the Premiership started being broadcast into China in the early 1990s that it caught alight," he said. "Now you have Chinese players in the Premiership and Chinese sponsors. India may be the same. If an Indian lad got picked up by a European club, the game could take off here."

Ferdinand Given The All Clear

Fit for the Arsenal game after injury rumour.

'I don't know where the reports have come from, I have been training fully this week so there is no problem.

'I got subbed after 75 minutes at the weekend and the manager said it was just to rest me, which I hope was true.

'If selected then I will definitely be playing against Arsenal.

'I have been training hard this week and have been getting ready for the game.'

Ronaldo Looking For Better

A double this season.

'I believe we'll win the Premier League and Champions League this season.

'We have the team, we have the players and we believe we can do it. There's a good chance we will.

'All the players feel good, feel sharp, feel quick and they are showing on the pitch their desire to play for Manchester United.

'In the last three or four games we have scored many goals and we are more confident now.'

Arsenal Build Up Gathers Pace

Ferdinand and Ronaldo out to make statement whilst Frank Stapleton earns some corn.

Ferdinand:

"It will be a good statement if we win but I don't think it will be an outright yes that who wins the game will win the league.

"We need to make sure we give a good account of ourselves and get the points to keep us at the right end of the league.

"We have been scoring a lot of goals recently which is a big difference to the start of the season.

"We seem to be putting them in the net now and that bodes well.

"We have got to continue and sustain it over a long period of time, if we can be in this position after the Christmas period then we will be in a great position."

Ronaldo:

"Arsenal are very strong and are playing fantastic, attractive football..

"It will be a big game for us but it's a good opportunity to see how good we are.

"Arsenal have started well but the season is a marathon - you have to be consistent."

Stapleton:

"The teams have been rivals for a long, long time, not just in recent years, and over the more recent years the transfer market has changed.

"Very few players in the last couple of decades have gone from one big club to another. The route has been circuitous with, say, Paul Ince arriving at Liverpool from Manchester United via Inter Milan."

Stapleton is one of only a few players to be transferred between the clubs:

"They set mine at £900,000. Trevor Francis had become the first £1 million player when he moved from Birmingham to Forest a couple of years earlier, and I think they wanted to avoid reaching the figure.

"I didn't find it difficult moving from such a big club to another so big; if anything it helped. In any era, joining United is hard because of the expectation levels. You have to be able to deal with that, and deal with the success on a regular basis.

"I see it as potentially a hesitant match. There will be maybe more tension and passion than in the past couple of years, when Chelsea were the dominant force.

"Arsene Wenger has rebuilt his team and United are in form, so the prospect is that the quality of football could be exhilarating, and everybody who watches will be off their seats for the 90 minutes."

G-14 Group Looks To Gain Influence

That odious group of football money men look to expand.

The G-14 have confirmed the identities of 40 clubs that will gather next month to discuss the formation of a new grouping of elite European clubs.

The 18 current members of the G-14 will attend the meeting in Brussels, Belgium on November 13-14, along with 22 other teams who were recently invited to join.

As expected the likes of Sevilla, Chelsea, Roma, Monaco, Werder Bremen, Benfica and Celtic are set to be part of the organisation.

However, a number of names from Eastern Europe, such as Red Star Belgrade, Steaua Bucharest, CSKA Moscow, Dinamo Kiev, Sparta Prague, Wisla Krakow and Levski Sofia will also take part in the conference.

Anderlecht, Fenerbahce, Olympiacos, Basle, Maccabi Haifa, Rosenborg, FC Copenhagen and Austria Vienna will also attend the meeting.

"This will be an initial meeting with the clubs," G-14 communications manager Derek McGlynn said.

"It will be used to explain the idea behind the organisation, as well as gauging the level of interest of the clubs we have invited, who will potentially become members.

"The event is an opportunity to meet the clubs, present ideas and get some feedback."

Were You At Villa?

Your help could be required.

There's an appeal for witnesses to an incident which happened outside the United turnstiles at Villa Park last Saturday.

About 5 minutes into the game outside the United turnstiles a police officer pushed a United supporter very aggressively in the back causing him to fall over and smash his head on the ground. There were two lads who definitely saw it happen, and who were showing their concern to other police officers that the officer in question had been very, very heavy handed and totally out of line in his actions. An ambulance came shortly after to take the lad away.

The lad who smashed his head on the floor has been in a Birmingham hospital ever since and has been diagnosed with a broken neck causing him to lose the use of his legs.

Of course any other witnesses and statements to the incident will be welcome

Scholes Out For Three Months

Knee damage rules him out until February

Scholes visited a specialist yesterday and the scan results showed that he has suffered knee ligament damage. He will undergo surgery on Thursday and will then need three months to recover. A United spokesperson mad it official yesterday, "We can confirm that Paul Scholes has suffered a knee ligament injury. He will undergo an operation on Thursday and will be out for approximately 12 weeks."

redrus

Wide Open

Thursday 1st November 2007

That's the title race not Rio's gob

Ferguson seems to be looking forward to the game against Arsenal and admits there are no favourites for the Premiership at the moment.

"It's still an open race but Arsenal have had a great start and they're the ones we are chasing at the moment," Ferguson told the Daily Star.

"I know challenging for a title is a new experience for a lot of their players, but some of them have been there before and the manager has, and that is a big help.

"People said the same about us last year, but we led the league for three-quarters of the season, so I don't think it's a handicap."

He also admitted that not playing in the Carling Cup has helped the preperations.

"It is a good thing having a free week. We have some work to do," he said.

"For instance, last Saturday against Middlesbrough was Owen Hargreaves' first game back, and we will get him freshened up and get him some good training. He will be OK for Saturday.

"Anderson got a little knock but he, too, will be OK. We didn't get any further injuries so things are looking better."

Veloso Wants To Live Dream

But Sporting don't want him to leave

From the Sun

MANCHESTER UNITED have stolen a march on Real Madrid in the £10million race to sign Sporting Lisbon starlet Miguel Veloso.

Now the Portugal ace admits he would happily join countrymen Cristiano Ronaldo and Nani at Old Trafford.

He said: "Of course I would love to play for Manchester United. They are a great team and it is a dream for anyone to play in great clubs."

Sporting president Felipe Soares Franco admits Veloso is a major target but will put up a fight to keep him.

Franco said: "There is no chance the player will leave. We are not interested in negotiating this subject because Miguel Veloso is one of our main players for this campaign."

Too Close To Call

Entertainment expected at the Emirates.

Looking ahead to the weekend's game Frank Stapleton says it's hard to split Arsenal and United at the moment.

He said: "With these so-called `matches of the season' you get asked: `Is it going to be cagey?' It isn't a case of even considering that on this occasion.

"I am not even considering whether it will be tight or whether there will be any goals in it. You just know there are going to be goals and it will be an open football match. It certainly won't be 0-0.

"It cannot really be anything else the way United and Arsenal are playing.

"It really is hard to split them at this time. I look through every department of both teams and there is nothing in it.

"You think of Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic in United's defence and how well they are playing but then Arsenal have Kolo Toure and William Gallas not conceding many.

"In midfield despite United's injury problems they still have Anderson coming to the fore and now Owen Hargreaves back plus wingers like Ronaldo, Giggs and Nani.

"Then you look at Arsenal's engine-room and you have Cesc Fabregas in sensational form scoring plenty of goals as well.

"Up front, Arsenal have Emmanuel Adebayor and others weighing in while United have Carlos Tevez and Wayne Rooney on fire. It is fascinating.

"It is maybe up front where United might have the edge. But if you were looking at each individual player for Saturday and marking them out of ten, I think there would be only one point in it when you add up the teams' totals."

Tevez The Pop Star

He's not similar to Rooney at singing

After reports earlier in the week about Wayne Rooney's terrible attempts at singing. Lionel Messi has revealed that Carlos Tevez is actually quite good at it.

"Carlos is always in a good mood and never gets mad. If he is on the bench, he just encourages his team-mates.

"Carlos is also a great singer. The name of his band is Piola Vago. When we were at Copa America, we shared the same room and the music was louder than at a disco."

Messi also thinks that the partnership between Rooney and Tevez can only get better.

"Carlos is making a big difference for Manchester United this season.

"His partnership with Rooney is already something special and I think it will only get better.

"Although they play and move similarly to one another on the pitch, they are going to help Manchester United a lot. They will scare defenders everywhere.

"Those who play the game well understand each other immediately. Good players always manage to play well together."

redrus

Arsenal 2 Manchester United 2

by Footymad

Match report of today's away draw in the early game against Arsenal

A last-gasp goal from William Gallas ensured that nothing changed at the top of the Premier League as Arsenal and Manchester United shared the points in an exciting but tense encounter.

United twice took the lead. First through a Gallas own goal which was cancelled out by Francesc Fabregas's 11th of the season.

Cristiano Ronaldo made it 2-1 with just nine minutes left, but Gallas made amends for turning into his own net with just seconds remaining.

Arsenal were resilient and determined and largely controlled possession, but faced a Sir Alex Ferguson side who counter-attacked efficiently to ensure the result was in the balance until the final kick.

The game got off to a tense start. The first real opportunity fell to Emmanuel Adebayor after ten minutes when his header from Alex Hleb's cross fell disappointingly wide.

Manchester United's response was immediate when Carlos Tevez should have done better when put through by a clever ball over the top from Wayne Rooney.

While Emmanuel Eboue was caught ball watching, the close attentions of Kolo Toure were enough to force the Argentine to put the ball wide.

Ryan Giggs should have opened the scoring for United when the visitors broke away following a wasted Arsenal free-kick.

The ball was shifted swiftly to Ronaldo on the right flank and his cross found Giggs, who had made a run into the left side of the Arsenal area.

All that was needed was a touch, but the former Wales international got the ball caught in his feet and the ball bounced wide.

Arsenal's next free-kick was a better one. Again from the right and again delivered by Fabregas seemingly exactly as ordered by his captain William Gallas, who had delayed the kick to make his request.

Gallas made a run the near post to meet the ball and directed his header downwards and goalbound, but fortunately for United, Edwin Van der Sar was alert and saved with his feet.

With just seconds of the first half left on the clock, Manchester United took the lead.

Giggs burst down the right flank and the Gunners defence allowed the ball to find Rooney in the box.

The United striker got a touch to the ball but as his effort spooned up, Gallas, who was falling to the ground, appeared to redirect the ball past Manuel Almunia.

The Gunners made the perfect start to the second half when Fabregas levelled the scores on 48 minutes.

The midfielder netted for the 11th time this season after Eboue had initially slipped in Adebayor on the right side of the area.

Van der Sar bravely blocked the Togo striker's path, but the ball found its way to Fabregas waiting on the penalty spot and the young Spaniard drilled a shot into the bottom left corner of the net.

Wayne Rooney should have done better on 63 minutes when he met Giggs cross from the right but the United striker's shot flew well wide.

Ronaldo put United back in the lead on 82 minutes after a clever back heel on the right flank allowed Patrice Evra to run beyond the Arsenal rearguard.

Almunia came out too quickly and the left-back was able to pick out Ronaldo running into the box to place the ball into an unguarded net.

Evra almost turned into his own net three minutes later when a cross from the left flank eluded Adebayor and the French defender's attempted clearance shaved the top of his own bar.

Gallas levelled the scores and secured a point in injury-time when the eagle-eyed linesman spotted that the Arsenal captain's shot from an acute angle had crossed the line before Van der Sar patted it away.

Barclays Premier League, Saturday 3rd November 2007 @ 12:45; Emirates Stadium

Fabregas 48

Gallas 90

Gallas 45 (og)

Ronaldo 82

Starting Line-ups

24 Almunia

22 Clichy

10 Gallas

3 Sagna

27 Eboue (Walcott 74)

5 Toure