Manchester United

redrus

Dont know what he was thinking playing Hernandez up there alone. Hold up play isnt good enough. To be fair to him nobody got close to him to help out. Kagawa was woeful apart from one move down the right hand side.

Terrible performance....I dont think we are getting better. We are just playing weaker sides.

How refreshing. A United fan not wearing Red tinted glasses tongue.png

Its interesting isn't it. Its the combination of the United win mentality and having a relatively easy fixture list this month. I still think they need a creative midfielder to improve things but who's available?

Its nearly january and i really can't see what improvement David Moyes has made. The win attitude was installed by Ferguson and continues to be impressive but as a football team he's pretty much taken them backwards.

Man Utd grinding out narrow wins against sides that would have been dismantled by Mr Ferguson. Thats the reality.

Oh and yes, i know that Spurs are awful too so don't take the criticism too much to heartsmile.png

I would sum it up by saying that teams no longer fear going to Old Trafford. Well as a Liverpool fan I certainly don't and I am sure I am not alone. Thats not just we have improved vastly but because United are not the same team as they were.

I am not saying you won't beat us at OT, you may well do and you may well do well this year but I think teams no longer fear playing United like they did for so long.

Just my 2 cents.

YB

Terrible performance....I dont think we are getting better. We are just playing weaker sides.

Not getting better compared with what?

Not more than a month ago we were losing back to back games on the trot, and playing awfully.

Now, although we aren't playing great, we have won six on the trot, and have shown a bit of grit, like coming back from two goals down in the first 12 minutes to win the game, as we did a few days ago.

Sometimes i think people need to put things in perspective. If we were having a discussion a couple of years ago about what would happen when SAF left, would it have been a radical viewpoint to have stated that United would spend a few years struggling, regardless of who took over? I don't really think so... in fact, if someone had said a couple of years ago that they thought that after SAF leaves, the club might well get relegated, i don't think you would have called them crazy, because the monumental job that SAF did, was always going to leave a monumental vacuum. We all knew it, supporters and opposition alike, especially after the season we had last year, winning it as comfortably as we did, with the relatively average and aging squad we had. That was the difference SAF made, and nobody else around could have done that, in my opinion anyway, be they Moyes, or be they anyone else.

I think put in the perspective of the club having the first new manager in 27 years, and that manager having to take over from a managerial genius the likes of having never been seen before, things are going exceedingly well.

• Like 1

Dont know what he was thinking playing Hernandez up there alone. Hold up play isnt good enough. To be fair to him nobody got close to him to help out. Kagawa was woeful apart from one move down the right hand side.

How refreshing. A United fan not wearing Red tinted glasses tongue.png

Its interesting isn't it. Its the combination of the United win mentality and having a relatively easy fixture list this month. I still think they need a creative midfielder to improve things but who's available?

Its nearly january and i really can't see what improvement David Moyes has made. The win attitude was installed by Ferguson and continues to be impressive but as a football team he's pretty much taken them backwards.

Man Utd grinding out narrow wins against sides that would have been dismantled by Mr Ferguson. Thats the reality.

Oh and yes, i know that Spurs are awful too so don't take the criticism too much to heartsmile.png

I would sum it up by saying that teams no longer fear going to Old Trafford. Well as a Liverpool fan I certainly don't and I am sure I am not alone. Thats not just we have improved vastly but because United are not the same team as they were.

I am not saying you won't beat us at OT, you may well do and you may well do well this year but I think teams no longer fear playing United like they did for so long.

Just my 2 cents.

YB

Correct but i think most United fans know this too. respected, and rightly so but not feared. Not Moyes' fault either. If we were not so piss poor at this juncture i'd have been looking forward to our game on new years day, whereas as in the past it was almost written off.

Edited by carmine

Not more than a month ago we were losing back to back games on the trot, and playing awfully.

Now, although we aren't playing great, we have won six on the trot, and have shown a bit of grit, like coming back from two goals down in the first 12 minutes to win the game, as we did a few days ago.

Sometimes i think people need to put things in perspective. If we were having a discussion a couple of years ago about what would happen when SAF left, would it have been a radical viewpoint to have stated that United would spend a few years struggling, regardless of who took over? I don't really think so... in fact, if someone had said a couple of years ago that they thought that after SAF leaves, the club might well get relegated, i don't think you would have called them crazy, because the monumental job that SAF did, was always going to leave a monumental vacuum. We all knew it, supporters and opposition alike, especially after the season we had last year, winning it as comfortably as we did, with the relatively average and aging squad we had. That was the difference SAF made, and nobody else around could have done that, in my opinion anyway, be they Moyes, or be they anyone else.

I think put in the perspective of the club having the first new manager in 27 years, and that manager having to take over from a managerial genius the likes of having never been seen before, things are going exceedingly well.

I agree with some of your post Rix but certainly not the last bit about doing exceedingly well! Moyes inherited the league champions and they frankly look a shadow of the side of twelve months ago. He inherited a team of hardened professional players, staked with silverware, win mentality, huge european experience and has somehow managed to lower the standard of football and reduced then to scrapping out wins against relegation fodder.

Where do you find "exceedingly well."

Edited by carmine

Not really no.

You have to go back a lot of years to find a season in which we consistently went out and dismantled teams. SAF often talked about United liking to do things the hard way, and that was no more true last season when we at times leaked goals for fun, sometimes conceding a couple of early goals and having to fight back, sometimes conceding late stupid goals, and losing points that should have been ours.

Truth be told, we've been bumping and grinding pretty much since the treble winning season. Now that was a side that dismantled anything that got in its way. Not dissimilar to the present City squad in terms of potential, i'm sad to say, although luckily, they haven't managed to find the key to doing it consistently yet.

If one day they do, we're all in big trouble...

Not really no.

You have to go back a lot of years to find a season in which we consistently went out and dismantled teams. SAF often talked about United liking to do things the hard way, and that was no more true last season when we at times leaked goals for fun, sometimes conceding a couple of early goals and having to fight back, sometimes conceding late stupid goals, and losing points that should have been ours.

Truth be told, we've been bumping and grinding pretty much since the treble winning season. Now that was a side that dismantled anything that got in its way. Not dissimilar to the present City squad in terms of potential, i'm sad to say, although luckily, they haven't managed to find the key to doing it consistently yet.

If one day they do, we're all in big trouble...

Yes tell me about it!! I can see City hammering teams week in week out in the not too distant future.

I agree with some of your post Rix but certainly not the last bit about doing exceedingly well! Moyes inherited the league champions and they frankly look a shadow of the side of twelve months ago. He inherited a team of hardened professional players, staked with silverware, win mentality, huge european experience and has somehow managed to lower the standard of football and reduced then to scrapping out wins against relegation fodder.

Where do you find "exceedingly well."

I find "exceedinly well" when i consider the dark thoughts i, and i'm sure most United supporters, have always harbored, when thinking about what he future would be like once SAF left.

We knew it would be very difficult. Even United supporters who didn't, had been told enough times by opposition supporters, taunts such as, "just you wait once Fergie has gone, then you'll struggle", that they must have had an inclining.

Funny thing is though, the moment it happens, all of a sudden the opposition supporters are now not saying it was a forgone conclusion that post Fergie era would be a struggle, but instead, it's all, "Moyes inherited a great squad, United should have seamlessly continued their winning ways, and the fact that they aren't, it's all Moyes' fault". What happened to "you will struggle no matter what when Fergie goes"? Conveniently forgotten it seems.

Tell you what, you guys wait until you have a had a manager manage your side for a quarter of a century, and make the impression that our manager had, win all the things he had, and then when that manager goes, see how seamlessly and effortlessly your club copes with the start of a new chapter. Then get back to us and tell us how hopeless Moyes is and how terrible we are doing.

Yes tell me about it!! I can see City hammering teams week in week out in the not too distant future.

The ingredients are all there aren't they. Whether they do it or not, is another matter though.

SAF built up that treble winning team over a good number of years, and both him and the team evolved into what they became. Formidable. City on the other hand have turned into this "giant" almost overnight. More potential there for implosions and internal issues that can scupper things, as we have seen.

At this stage 3 points is all that matters. No way do we have any chance of winning the league, that City's to lose, but given the inconsistent start and poor performances, top 3 would be a decent end. The North London sides seem to be on the slide, in particular the one that hasn't won the league for 53 years.

And who would that be mr.t:? ooh the days of Blanchflower/Medwin and Mackay in the early 60,s when I first went to OT,great Spurs and Burnley sides of those days, John White and Jimmy Greaves not to be forgotten-how they would think about Spurs now is anyones guess whistling.gif

53 long years yet United just keep racking up the honours-so whats the secret thumbsup.gif

Best wishes for the New Year to all Reds,to the ABU,s I,m sorry but jealousy is a very bitter pill to keep swallowing year after year clap2.gif

It seems to me that united are climbing their way up the table, and deservedly so as they are winning a lot of gamessad.png . But this culture of excuses for not being at the top is a bit sickeniing. We all agree that replacing Rudolf was going to be difficult and would bring hard times, but there was a comment (by a NBU) about possible relegation that was ludicrousblink.png . Your team is full of title winners, stop crying in the corner and face up to the fight you have to get back to the top. if your team follow your lead they will take years to get back to the top. My team have spent years trying to get to the hights they achieved beforecrying.gif.pagespeed.ce.ENG_hyc8Gu.gif , united need to buckle down before they go through the same. A happy New Year to all of you on .this forum, though I sincerely hope that your team start to loose a few aganwai2.gif

But this culture of excuses for not being at the top is a bit sickeniing. We all agree that replacing Rudolf was going to be difficult and would bring hard times, but there was a comment (by a NBU) about possible relegation that was ludicrous. Your team is full of title winners, stop crying in the corner and face up to the fight you have to get back to the top. if your team follow your lead they will take years to get back to the top.

My comment about relegation wasn't that I thought we would, just that if someone had predicted that that would happen, after Fergie left, it wouldn't have in my opinion been a ludicrous thing to have said. No team is too big to go down. It's happened in the past and it will happen again.

As for crying in the corner, you seem to have things arse about face. The ABUs are the ones who seem to think we should be doing that. The ones who think we are doomed. United supporters aren't crying. We have had a fantastic two decades plus at the top. We know that staying there is not guaranteed. Even with SAF at the helm, that would be the case. We'll take whatever the future brings, success or otherwise, and with smiles on our faces, cheers very much, because what we have already achieved, is more than the majority of football supporters will ever experience in their lifetimes...

• Like 1

But this culture of excuses for not being at the top is a bit sickeniing. We all agree that replacing Rudolf was going to be difficult and would bring hard times, but there was a comment (by a NBU) about possible relegation that was ludicrous. Your team is full of title winners, stop crying in the corner and face up to the fight you have to get back to the top. if your team follow your lead they will take years to get back to the top.

My comment about relegation wasn't that I thought we would, just that if someone had predicted that that would happen, after Fergie left, it wouldn't have in my opinion been a ludicrous thing to have said. No team is too big to go down. It's happened in the past and it will happen again.

As for crying in the corner, you seem to have things arse about face. The ABUs are the ones who seem to think we should be doing that. The ones who think we are doomed. United supporters aren't crying. We have had a fantastic two decades plus at the top. We know that staying there is not guaranteed. Even with SAF at the helm, that would be the case. We'll take whatever the future brings, success or otherwise, and with smiles on our faces, cheers very much, because what we have already achieved, is more than the majority of football supporters will ever experience in their lifetimes...

Absolutely correct-Spurs/Burnley/Liverpool/Leeds (they brought the "professional foul" to the beautifull game) Arsenal/Chelski and City have all had their great sides and apart from Leeds I,ve enjoyed watching the football that they all have played-but throughout this time no club has had the same consistency and success that has been Manchester United and played in the correct way with exciting attacking football,thats why 76,000 people turn up every other week.thumbsup.gif

Fair enough about the relegation, but my point is that some mu supporters are moaning about their plight when all they need to do is follow their team. Like you say, you have had an immense couple of decades, now you need to show your loyalty to your team and be honest with yourselves about your situation. The situation being that you are the same as every other team in the premiership

Absolutely correct-Spurs/Burnley/Liverpool/Leeds (they brought the "professional foul" to the beautifull game) Arsenal/Chelski and City have all had their great sides and apart from Leeds I,ve enjoyed watching the football that they all have played-but throughout this time no club has had the same consistency and success that has been Manchester United and played in the correct way with exciting attacking football,thats why 76,000 people turn up every other week.thumbsup.gif

I've even enjoyed watching some great Leeds sidesbiggrin.png , but it is true that over the last 2 decades mu have been the most consistent. I can't help thinking that the 76,000 crowd will diminish if you lose that consistency thoughthumbsup.gif .

Fair enough about the relegation, but my point is that some mu supporters are moaning about their plight when all they need to do is follow their team. Like you say, you have had an immense couple of decades, now you need to show your loyalty to your team and be honest with yourselves about your situation. The situation being that you are the same as every other team in the premiership

Actually Nelly, theres a couple on here that have already said they're going to win the league!laugh.png

The opinions of Utd fans on here are light years apart.

• Like 1

Actually Nelly, theres a couple on here that have already said they're going to win the league!laugh.png

The opinions of Utd fans on here are light years apart.

I suppose you are referring to me old chum! what i have always said is we are in with a shout and still are half way through the season without a doubt.

Actually most of your mates have done one now haven't they after predicting that even your rabble would win the league...you must be feeling lonely now on the Spurs thread don't worry i will keep you company! biggrin.png

I said that when we went through a bad start and when we lost back to back at home ...that is what is called supporting your team and having faith in the club.if anybody on here thinks that with the experience and backing United have got not to mention the money needed to continually add players to the squad that we will fall by the wayside...they are really going to be disappointed.....United is a massive machine and has everything in place from the years of success at the top of the English game.

Lets be really honest it would not be in the Glaziers interest to let this mega club dwindle would it! They have other business's to support and debts to be payed wink.png

It only takes one click, and the list drops down. But probably for a Spuds fan, finding that function , is like asking Soladud to find the net.

OBSESSED. i want a Thai visa restraining order put on you...never again can you enter our thread.

Actually we could also add my old mate Knackerbag to the list what with all his gibberish that appears on the Spurs thread, written in some foreign, never before seen language!biggrin.png

• Like 1

Carmine, you are number 5 on all time posters in this thread. I think you're about to come out if the closet in the New Year.

That merely highlights the fickle nature, the here today gone tomorrow culture of the manchester United fan.biggrin.png

Now that Wenger has ruled out going for Cabaye, United should step in he's a good midfielder. http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/2554422

Go for Baines too even if Martinez has said he's going nowhere. Offer 20 Million and Fellaini.biggrin.png

Who knows a record bid for Berkley might be on Moyes mind...a mind that can't seem to make itself up.

Solid performance and two very good away wins creeping up the table smile.png

Moyes's detractors have gone very quiet all of a sudden.xwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.g6eSBeV0mM.w alt=whistling.gif pagespeed_url_hash=3700464609 width=19 height=18>

Yesterday no RVP no Rooney no problem!!

Bring on the Spurs.

Come on United!

A very happy new year to all wai2.gif.pagespeed.ce.goigDuXn4X.gif alt=wai2.gif pagespeed_url_hash=1722055545 width=20 height=20>

Mr Red, did you watch that first half? Whilst I agree and fair play to United and Moyes for grinding out the wins and pulling back points on the teams above I thought you were poor first half. Fair play to Moyes for changing it, bringing on Welbeck second half you were much improved but I wouldn't say you didn't miss Rooney.

Could couldn't keep the ball in the final third in the first half let alone create a chance and get a shot on target, you missed him massively. Norwich with a better final pass and/or finish should of been a few goals to the good at half time.

YB

Of course i watched the game and it is all about the three points at the moment for us which we achieved ...i thought our defending was very good the whole game.Maybe we would of played better with Rooney but we still would of only got three points.Massively? No.

Said the same about Hernandez a few weeks ago he just is not the same threat starting a game is he,saying that it was not a terrible performance at all and obviously we are getting better because we have now won six on the bounce against teams that have beaten other top sides so i would not insult them buy saying they are weak.

It seems to me that united are climbing their way up the table, and deservedly so as they are winning a lot of gamessad.png . But this culture of excuses for not being at the top is a bit sickeniing. We all agree that replacing Rudolf was going to be difficult and would bring hard times, but there was a comment (by a NBU) about possible relegation that was ludicrousblink.png . Your team is full of title winners, stop crying in the corner and face up to the fight you have to get back to the top. if your team follow your lead they will take years to get back to the top. My team have spent years trying to get to the hights they achieved beforecrying.gif.pagespeed.ce.ENG_hyc8Gu.gif , united need to buckle down before they go through the same. A happy New Year to all of you on .this forum, though I sincerely hope that your team start to loose a few aganwai2.gif

I don't see where you are coming from mate....not one United poster on here is making excuses for not being at the top we all understand it will take Moyes maybe a season to do that tongue.png and fully support the team and manager.

I agree that replacing"Rudolf" was most probably going to be difficult ...but hard times come on mate we are in all competitions at Xmas something we have not done for donkeys years under "Rudolf" wink.png

Nobody's crying we are realists and will soon be back at the top!

I think it is how may years since you won the league nelly? please don;t think United will drop to your piss poor standards biggrin.png remember we are still the Champions biggrin.png

I hope i answered your wayward untrue post(was you pissed when posting it?) and wish you a happy new year.wai2.gif