Manchester United

redrus

what a shame a couple of mins holding out after evras goal and who knows... and check the body language between evra and moyes post his goal..evra knows hes a gonner and then he doas that... schoolboy defending and thats being kind. Its all very well having c\bs that can go over and play wing bac, but the at the top level thay can and last did get leggy.anyway thought valencia was outstanding munich just couldnt handle him, and ive never seen rooney miss apass like that roll to kagawa 1st half , he would have been in 1 on 1 and again and what happened with the other one in front of goal ?? <deleted> , u reckon the injection numbed his feet? seriousely unlike rooney. anyway no shame in losing to them and thought all in all was a decent battling performance.

Edited by rijit
  • Like 1

What a commotion!biggrin.png . Its taken a chav and a scouser to finally stir up some emotion on here!

Carry on.

NB Thoroughly looking forward to seeing Fellaini bumbling around clattering into zee Germans. His miss timed passes, losing possession and being out jumped by midgets!! Is it too much to ask for a repeat of his first leg performance? Then again Moyesie might have the foresight to drop the Lampshade for a half decent player. i reckon you have a half decent chance of opening them up. Then put everyman, his dog and his mia noi behind the ball and whatever they do, ignore whatever Moyes shouts out from the touchline

Presumably if United pull off the unimaginable and knock out Bayern Moyes keeps his job?

Try and keep STABLE my man, just because you won 5-1, Stability is the name of THIS game. biggrin.png

BTW - Mop head just MIGHT score the winner w00t.gif Other than that I agree with some of what you post.facepalm.gif

BT coffee1.gif

Then again he might again be found out to be totally out of his depth in the CL. I just imaging that Moyes will plat the Lampshade.

Lets face it, apart from contributing little or nothing, he can't even keep possession at thats a must at this level.

I think a little feeling of instability is needed at this stage of the season as certain players need reminding they are playing for their United careers.

Stability is the enemy of success Mr Bigtoe, need i remind you!

They say one man doesn't make a team........I disagree, look how good Fellaini has been for Everton this season. wink.png

Good Morning.

Well played United. Bldy good effort.

4-2 on agg v BM. thumbsup.gif

Evra drew first blood.

Then?

Quater final of CL.

No disgrace.

United even at the present time can operate at high level.

So stable movement forward.thumbsup.gif

One of the biggest problems David Moyes has got in the EPL is the top sides are now better than the sides Fergie beat by 11pts last season.

Fergie probably saw it coming.

I look forward to seeing United return to the highest level. thumbsup.gif

In the meantime, let's see how the best of Germany and Spain can do against just one of the EPL title contenders.

EPL teams over the next few seasons are going to rock Europe.

Sooner United get back in there the better.

thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Look on the bright side lads ! at least you can now concentrate on 6th spot biggrin.png

A little word in your ear Alfie.

A little bit of schadenfreude is in us all. Human nature. Ref either gives a warning with a smile or a Yellow.

Negative energy gets a straight Red.

biggrin.png

This is hilarious really. All patting yourselves on the back for playing well (not just on here). Take your red tinted glasses off and you will see that even though Bayern didn't play their best, they still spanked you. If you consider the "Great Man United" parking the bus something to applaud, then your as much in denial as Moyes is. At least when they beat us at City we held up our hands, no excuses and simply said we got taught a lesson in football. I'll find the posts if you wish.

Last night Bayern had 25 shots to your 6 and had almost 65% possession.

Last week at your gaff Bayern had 74% possession, yes 74% and 16 shots to your 6.

Overall that's Bayern having 69.5% possession and 41 shots to your 12. Yep, tactics spot on. You lot are the first to moan when teams used to come and park the bus when playing United but when you do it, you claim the tactics are spot on.

Sorry about that but it needed to be said and until your manager realises it's not all about bad luck and excuses, you ain't gonna improve. Part of me wanted United to go through as representatives of England but please for once, just hold your bladdy hands up and admit it when you have been beat good and proper.

• Like 1

Also, now that you are not in the Champs League for the first time in circa 2 decades, you will have to pay well over the odds for new players. It will be interesting to see how much money the owners will trust Moyes with (if they keep him) and I am sure players will still come cos it's United but it will be at a price and you will have to spend big. In fact, you will have to do exactly the same as what you slagged us off for a few seasons ago.

• Like 2

I thought United done good mrbojangles.

Everybody was thinking it would be a hammering.

I am well used to other fans criticising for so called parking the bus.

4-2 on agg and with a bit of a following wind ( or Mourinho!) they could a gone through.

Fair play I say. Hope for the future.

thumbsup.gif

This is hilarious really. All patting yourselves on the back for playing well (not just on here). Take your red tinted glasses off and you will see that even though Bayern didn't play their best, they still spanked you. If you consider the "Great Man United" parking the bus something to applaud, then your as much in denial as Moyes is. At least when they beat us at City we held up our hands, no excuses and simply said we got taught a lesson in football. I'll find the posts if you wish.

Last night Bayern had 25 shots to your 6 and had almost 65% possession.

Last week at your gaff Bayern had 74% possession, yes 74% and 16 shots to your 6.

Overall that's Bayern having 69.5% possession and 41 shots to your 12. Yep, tactics spot on. You lot are the first to moan when teams used to come and park the bus when playing United but when you do it, you claim the tactics are spot on.

Sorry about that but it needed to be said and until your manager realises it's not all about bad luck and excuses, you ain't gonna improve. Part of me wanted United to go through as representatives of England but please for once, just hold your bladdy hands up and admit it when you have been beat good and proper.

Further to that, its the first time I have ever seen United in Europe get thoroughly outplayed.

I remember yrs gone by them playing Barcelona/ Bayern et al. Winning some, losing some, but attacking and looking dangerous. And always looking capable of scoring.

Last night and 2 weeks ago, they were absolutely stuffed by a Bayern team that didnt play that well. I was bored watching attack after wasteful attack by Bayern,and United doing there upmost just to get through 90 minutes.

And listening to Moyes making his excuses laugh.png .

What MrB and Jack said goes double for me !intheclub.gif.pagespeed.ce.TVIbELwsxN.gibiggrin.png

But hey, most of the United supporters here seem pretty good lads. They've had a rough year and they're going to have some more rough ones most likely. Its a fall off a steep cliff after many years of ruling the roost. Its going to take some time for them to come to grips with it all. With some luck and wise decisions maybe they'll be battling Spurs and Everton for CL play next year.

Hhhhhm , I think I'll rule myself out of that comment MrBJ,

No shame at all tonight, we just weren't good enough but, we gave it a shot. Last year they beat Barca about 9-1 so, I'll take tonight.

As for slagging off your spending, I don't 'think' I've ever done it, not once.

redrus

Ps; yes, you may find the post if I ever have, and I will stand corrected.

No shame at all tonight, we just weren't good enough but, we gave it a shot. Last year they beat Barca about 9-1 so, I'll take tonight.

redrus

Nah Rus, don't think you have ever been one of those. Your not one of the typical delusional RAGS tongue.png

• Like 1

redrus

Nah Rus, don't think you have ever been one of those. Your not one of the typical delusional RAGS tongue.png

Oooooh, flattery sir, will get you no where... ;)

redrus

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Further to that, its the first time I have ever seen United in Europe get thoroughly outplayed.

You haven't been paying attention then Jack if you think United weren't ever thoroughly outplayed in Europe under Fergie. We were at times. Just as we were this time. Nobody is denying that.

Expectations have though changed. When in the past we have been thoroughly outplayed, like we were against Barcelona in the final a few years ago, we have invariably been top of our own league and playing very well. This season, we are seventh and have for the most part played anything but well. In contrast, Bayern are hitting an unbelievable peak, they are favorites for the title, and they have already wrapped up their own league title in record time. So whereas in the past we would have gone into a game like this seriously believing we could go toe to toe with them, this time we knew we couldn't. This time we knew it was going to be a struggle. And so it proved.

What it didn't prove, unfortunately for some people who were adamant that it would, is that Moyes doesn't have a clue. No, he didn't win, but he made a game of it, right up until about the last ten or twenty minutes of three hours of playing time, and it wasn't the cricket scoreline that those same people said it would be. Now, rather than come out, hold their hands up, and admit their predictions were wrong, and that we really didn't play too badly considering the current respective states of the two clubs, they now switch to attacking us just because we take some positives from the game.

Last night and 2 weeks ago, they were absolutely stuffed by a Bayern team that didnt play that well.

2 weeks ago? Absolutely stuffed?

You must have a strange definition of "absolutely stuffed" to be able to use those terms for a game that finished a draw. They had fantastic possession stats but rarely ever troubled our keeper, in no small part thanks to some great defending.

If you think Bayern didn't play that well then fine, but please don't blame us for the way they played.

• Like 2

I've seen BM play a lot better to be fair.

So why didn't they against United?

Simple bldy answer, United didn't let them.

BM were not confident against United.

United done good in the CL.

thumbsup.gif

Edited by P45Mustang
  • Like 2

You haven't been paying attention then Jack if you think United weren't ever thoroughly outplayed in Europe under Fergie. We were at times. Just as we were this time. Nobody is denying that.

Expectations have though changed. When in the past we have been thoroughly outplayed, like we were against Barcelona in the final a few years ago, we have invariably been top of our own league and playing very well. This season, we are seventh and have for the most part played anything but well. In contrast, Bayern are hitting an unbelievable peak, they are favorites for the title, and they have already wrapped up their own league title in record time. So whereas in the past we would have gone into a game like this seriously believing we could go toe to toe with them, this time we knew we couldn't. This time we knew it was going to be a struggle. And so it proved.

What it didn't prove, unfortunately for some people who were adamant that it would, is that Moyes doesn't have a clue. No, he didn't win, but he made a game of it, right up until about the last ten or twenty minutes of three hours of playing time, and it wasn't the cricket scoreline that those same people said it would be. Now, rather than come out, hold their hands up, and admit their predictions were wrong, and that we really didn't play too badly considering the current respective states of the two clubs, they now switch to attacking us just because we take some positives from the game.

Last night and 2 weeks ago, they were absolutely stuffed by a Bayern team that didnt play that well.

2 weeks ago? Absolutely stuffed?

You must have a strange definition of "absolutely stuffed" to be able to use those terms for a game that finished a draw. They had fantastic possession stats but rarely ever troubled our keeper, in no small part thanks to some great defending.

If you think Bayern didn't play that well then fine, but please don't blame us for the way they played.

I would have expected better from you Rix!!

Possession generally dictates how a game has been played. Now you have probably seen and paid more attention to United games than I have. When was the last time a team went to Old Trafford and had the possession stats that Bayern had 2 weeks ago? Never? Yet y6ou guys are stating how well you defended?????

You were at home!!! Maybe thats how things have changed!!! Maybe a draw is a good result and NOT getting battered 5 or 6 nil away is good for your lot now!.By the way, I looked back at the Barcelona V United final a few years ago. Yes, Barcelona were by far the better team. But this is what the report said...........................

United started the final, played in stifling heat, as if retaining their crown would be little more than a formality, creating a host of early chances against the nervous-looking Catalans, with Cristiano Ronaldo a constant threat.

See the difference????

United of today have no swagger, no confidence, NO constant threat. Just boring Moyes tactics of defending deep.

Long may it continue.clap2.gif

I would have expected better from you Rix!!

Possession generally dictates how a game has been played. Now you have probably seen and paid more attention to United games than I have. When was the last time a team went to Old Trafford and had the possession stats that Bayern had 2 weeks ago? Never? Yet y6ou guys are stating how well you defended?????

What is amazing is your inability to not give credit where credit is due Jack. Bayern had about 75% of the possession, most of which was in our half, and yet the final whistle score was a one all draw. How can we not have defended well? Of course we did. We defended awesomely. Now yes, it is a sad reflection of where we are and where Bayern is, that we had to defend like we did, but i don't think we are under any illusions about the problems we have at the club, and how much of a gulf there is between us and a lot of other top teams. It's a gulf that obviously needs to be worked on, but right now, it exists, and everyone i think accepts this as a fact most of the time, except when it suits not to, like now, when you are trying to argue that really we should have matched Bayern player for player, and the fact that we didn't you say, constitutes complete failure. Complete failure would have been what people were predicting would happen in the first leg; us getting beaten 3 or 4 nil, and Moyes being tactically outplayed. Getting a one all result against a team like Bayern demonstrates that the tactics employed worked pretty well, as does the fact that it wasn't until the later stages of the second half, of the second leg, that Bayern finally took a grip on the game. Against a lot of other sides, that would have happened much sooner.

United of today have no swagger, no confidence, NO constant threat. Just boring Moyes tactics of defending deep.

Long may it continue.clap2.gif

The first part of what you say there seems to just be stating the obvious. The second part, about defending deep, yes we defend deep when we play against Bayern, along with 95% of all other clubs, when they play against Bayern. It's a frigging good team, and three hours against them is a bloody long time. I'm sure City would have gone out guns blazing from the first minute and ripped them apart though.