Manchester United

redrus

Now Carrick has a groin problem and De Gea has a dislocated finger. Never ending.

Whats going on at Carrington with all these injuries? They're not all match day are they? Are the players being over trained, a result of being worked to hard?

Edited by carmine

There is an strong but unconfirmed rumour that LVG wants Hoffenheim's mid fielder,23 years old, Roberto Firmina in January. He can play wing or midfield at 20,000 quid. Being out of Europe and so few games where does that leave Herrara who cost 28m and sits on the bench ?

Like all rumours I will believe it when its on the club web site

Many injuries happening on International duty, let's not forget.!

redrus

Thanks for the that !........Yes Blind the latest,looked in extreme pain when he went down, that could be anything from 4 weeks to 6 months if its a cruciate.

He's been one of the more positive signings this season, probably means Fletcher or Herrera with the latter having more attacking prowess.

• Like 1

On evidence shown so far I don't see Herrara helping out in defence,which means Fletcher is more likely to replace Blind.

IF United make the final 4 it will be a minor miracle the way things are going.Followed United for 50 years never seen a continuing injury list like it.

11 games in and never once has there been the same back four, that must be some sort of record.

Was hoping to get through this international break without injuries, well looks like 3 and could May be more.

May retired years ago nev

We might need to recall him the way our injury list is getting.

• Like 2

Just been reading a piece in the papers about that old fruit who managers Arsenal whining on about how he nearly signed Pogba and blah blah blah. But it did have me thinking that his handling and ultimate sale by ferguson has to be the biggest <deleted> up of his entire illustrious career.

Have anything been revealed about how on earth a guy who is amongst a handful of the best midfielders in the world gets moved on for chicken feed having only played a couple of first team games? Its not like he didn't shine immediately he joined his new club.

How good could United be with Pogba and a couple more decent defenders? Also means having to possibly lash out a fortune on Strootman.

Any opinions/answers?

• Like 1

Anderson has been stealing a living at United agree.

As for Pogba he was passed of when we had all our midfielders out and was not given his chance he was on the bench watching our makeshift midfield consisting of defenders and wingers get overrun.

• Like 1

As for Pogba he was passed of when we had all our midfielders out and was not given his chance he was on the bench watching our makeshift midfield consisting of defenders and wingers get overrun.

good article about anderson from the weekend nev: http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/nov/14/anderson-manchester-united-career-low-value-high-success

mental when you look at the honours he's won and that he scored a penalty in the 2008 european cup final.

good article about anderson from the weekend nev: http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/nov/14/anderson-manchester-united-career-low-value-high-success

mental when you look at the honours he's won and that he scored a penalty in the 2008 european cup final.

I remember him making his debut at Anfield and he marked/outplayed Steven Gerrard I though wow what a find.........downhill ever since then whistling.gif

Yes it is a good article Stevie really sums him up, all the years we have needed strengthening in midfield he was at United and never really stepped up, we Cannot get rid of him but I think soon we will cut our losses and ship the waste of space out.

Doesn't really answer my question. Why was one of the most complete outstanding midfielders in the game treated by all accounts like an outcast and sold for peanuts.

Going on the basis that Pogba would now cost a club 40m, and lets venture to say Strootman will cost you something around that sum, i'd say, based on the necessity of a commanding central midfielder, Ferguson has cost United an awful lot of dough! Around 70m/80m.

I just find the whole business peculiar and one that seems brushed under the mat at OT , so i'm interested in what any of you might know.

And now hasnt ti naria an injured his foot ?. Dont kbow what tbe outcome of that one is though. Halfway through doyles take on keans life , thanks to him unlike the first one , it aint a terrible read.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

And now hasnt ti naria an injured his foot ?. Dont kbow what tbe outcome of that one is though. Halfway through doyles take on

keans life , thanks to him unlike the first one , it aint a terrible read.

looking forward to tonight's game, really miss the premier league when we have the international break, going for 2-1 to United.

Doesn't really answer my question. Why was one of the most complete outstanding midfielders in the game treated by all accounts like an outcast and sold for peanuts.

Going on the basis that Pogba would now cost a club 40m, and lets venture to say Strootman will cost you something around that sum, i'd say, based on the necessity of a commanding central midfielder, Ferguson has cost United an awful lot of dough! Around 70m/80m.

I just find the whole business peculiar and one that seems brushed under the mat at OT , so i'm interested in what any of you might know.

Some of SAF 's decison making as his time came to an end was very questionable .Pogba was a classic example. SAF was telling him to be patient when physically and mentally the boy was ready. He dominated in Under 21's, not that its a good guide necessarily, but having watched every Under 21 game he looked the part to me.There was a hint of arrogance with Pogba to which SAF probably took exception too,the old clubs bigger than you line.He always reminded me of a young Patrick Vierra.

• Like 1

And now hasnt ti naria an injured his foot ?. Dont kbow what tbe outcome of that one is though. Halfway through doyles take on

looking forward to tonight's game, really miss the premier league when we have the international break, going for 2-1 to United.

Just doesn't have the same vibe as games from days gone past and it not just their positions on the table. There will be no snarling and stare downs in the tunnel more likely shaking hands and joking ,never like that before as Keane used to say "we are going to war" These guys are all pussy cats in comparison.

No idea what the teams will be.Arsenal I think have mid week commitment so whatever Wenger does, if they don't win, will be wrong.

United have half the team in the casualty ward,young blokes in their prime and they get injured training

Shaw limping off made the total of 40 injuries this season yes 40 requiring treatment, unbelievable.Would Chelsea be where they are with an injury list like that? I doubt it which makes United's position on the table almost acceptable

Has there ever been a younger back line for United ? Shaw and Mc Nair 19 and Blackett 20.Thought old man Smalling had his best game.

VP is a huge worry, a shadow of what he was. Surely Falcao,if fit, will slot straight in there.

Not easy to take points away at Arsenal, a real bonus.

2-1 it was then, the team battled right until the end and we will gladly take the 3 points.

Rvp was a passenger again, surely Wilson deserves a start in the next couple of games I think against stoke and hull.

Edited by nev

2-1 it was then, the team battled right until the end and we will gladly take the 3 points.

Rvp was a passenger again, surely Wilson deserves a start in the next couple of games I think against stoke and hull.

United well and truly mugged off Arsenal and i thoroughly enjoyed it. biggrin.png

van Perise really is looking like a spent force and i agree, i the absence of Falcao bring in Wilson. Energy and enthusiasm often makes up for the celebrated "wealth of experience."

• Like 1

I don't think it is only RVP you could say that every player at the moment barring our goalie is not performing at the standards expected although the youngsters can be excused coming into a very different team and manager mentality,also the new players and we have quite a few need time to settle....then there is the new training methods and different footballing philosophy of the new boss.

I should then point to our amazing bad luck with injuries and yet still we are in a the top four....it just goes to show that this league at the moment is the poorest it has been for a while and Chelsea are the acception to this rightly so as Mourinho has walzed straight back in and they are a different class at the moment.

I hope that answers the question regarding RVP :-)

Edited by DrRed
  • Like 1

I don't think it is only RVP you could say that every player at the moment barring our goalie is not performing at the standards expected although the youngsters can be excused coming into a very different team and manager mentality,also the new players and we have quite a few need time to settle....then there is the new training methods and different footballing philosophy of the new boss.

I should then point to our amazing bad luck with injuries and yet still we are in a the top four....it just goes to show that this league at the moment is the poorest it has been for a while and Chelsea are the acception to this rightly so as Mourinho has walzed straight back in and they are a different class at the moment.

I hope that answers the question regarding RVP :-)

It doesn't Red, but nice try.biggrin.png

• Like 2

And as if to prove my point what does he do but come out with this gem the very next day...

Man Utd's Louis Van Gaal: Van Persie low after 'very bad game'

Publicly he does not need to say this if anything it adds more pressure on RVP and the strikers at the club,somebody in the PR department needs to shake his head and get him to understand the media circus at United.

For me that Ed Woodwood has a lot to answer for at United and needs to start doing his job a lot better also.

Anyway most probably James Wilson will get a start ahead of Falcao but although this quote is supposed to ease the dropping of RVP it also adds pressure on the other two to perform for me I would play Rvp today and I bet he scores.

• Like 1

And as if to prove my point what does he do but come out with this gem the very next day...

Man Utd's Louis Van Gaal: Van Persie low after 'very bad game'

Publicly he does not need to say this if anything it adds more pressure on RVP and the strikers at the club,somebody in the PR department needs to shake his head and get him to understand the media circus at United.

For me that Ed Woodwood has a lot to answer for at United and needs to start doing his job a lot better also.

Anyway most probably James Wilson will get a start ahead of Falcao but although this quote is supposed to ease the dropping of RVP it also adds pressure on the other two to perform for me I would play Rvp today and I bet he scores.

I've said from his initial appointment, he needs to be kept away from the press.

Giggs is the man! Has little to say and sounds monotone, cliched and boring when he does. Perfect ingredients.

• Like 1

Totally agree mate...you don't get to much from Giggsy and he understands the media a lot better from years of practice here.

Although he comes across as a decent bloke in his interviews you can also see He enjoys them and this worries me as though he has also bought into the superstar manager I am now and self importance sort of mindset.

• Like 1