Manchester United

redrus

Thanks Wilai, Warren Joyce has been doing a great job with our U21's I think it is 3 wins in 4 years now but I stand to be corrected on that?, even though we have spent a fair amount of money we still try to integrate young players into the first team.

I can just see Alfie now, salivating while furiously researching each individual squad membera playing history

Why would i be salivating Bob ? clubs don't give a monkeys about junior teams winning honours ! all they look at is how individual players are progressing and if any get to play in the first then they would call that more of a success than a junior team winning a trophy.

Anyway i only laugh salivate when your lot talk about be churning em out and producing em biggrin.png

Green eyed monster syndrome facepalm.gif

Incidentally, how do you think Moyes would have done id he'd been given 170m to spend last summer buoyed with probably another 150m this summer?

Thanks Wilai, Warren Joyce has been doing a great job with our U21's I think it is 3 wins in 4 years now but I stand to be corrected on that?, even though we have spent a fair amount of money we still try to integrate young players into the first team.

Well I can remember for sure the 2nd title in 3 years and you could well be right. These games are played in a very competitive spirit and pity we cant see them.I used to get videos odf games but that source has passed on.Memories of SAF sitting up in a half empty stand waiting for the next Giggs ,Scholes etc to come along.

Joyce appears to let them play with spirit and freedom and not bogged down with tactics, that's why they are such good games to watch.

^It's never stopped youwhistling.gifbiggrin.png

biggrin.png

That's it then Bob, no answer to my last question then ?

As the forum accedmy police....I thought it would be your duty to do background checks on squad members and identifying any player that wasn't born on a Salford estate and signed for United at age 4.

laugh.png .

Trust this De Gea saga doesn't roll on too long. It was pretty obvious when I posted months ago that to keep him was nigh on impossible.The no 1 spot at RM is awaiting.Proud parents are probably a little tired of flying to Manchester to watch him play and the clincher he is planning to marry his pop star girlfriend who career is obviously in Spain.

I hope he will always remember that his time at United made him the keeper his is today.Pretty raw when he arrived.

Long list of replacements being made but why look past Valdes who at 33 is still younger than van Der Sar when he joined and played until he was 40 .VDS for me was the best keeper United have ever had,not as flamboyant as Schmeical but got better as he got older.

Looking at Valdes career its pretty impressive and he's on the books already,still a year to run on his present contract and obviously fit.......no brainer for me.

Any other United fans out there feel the frustration of totally dominating Arsenal over the first 45 mins and not ramming home the advantage.

Oh for a clinical finisher. Falcao bust his gut but he's done a Torrre,s the magic has gone and may not return .

Still shaking my head watching Young once again man of the match for United and Smalling I thought had an excellent game,He's moved ahead of Jones who was considered by many a better player and future captain.

This game signified the 24th different pair of CB's this season,surely a club record

Trust this De Gea saga doesn't roll on too long. It was pretty obvious when I posted months ago that to keep him was nigh on impossible.The no 1 spot at RM is awaiting.Proud parents are probably a little tired of flying to Manchester to watch him play and the clincher he is planning to marry his pop star girlfriend who career is obviously in Spain.

I hope he will always remember that his time at United made him the keeper his is today.Pretty raw when he arrived.

Long list of replacements being made but why look past Valdes who at 33 is still younger than van Der Sar when he joined and played until he was 40 .VDS for me was the best keeper United have ever had,not as flamboyant as Schmeical but got better as he got older.

Looking at Valdes career its pretty impressive and he's on the books already,still a year to run on his present contract and obviously fit.......no brainer for me.

Before he did his knee Valdes was at the very top of his game. Heckuva keeper.

Any other United fans out there feel the frustration of totally dominating Arsenal over the first 45 mins and not ramming home the advantage.

Oh for a clinical finisher. Falcao bust his gut but he's done a Torrre,s the magic has gone and may not return .

Still shaking my head watching Young once again man of the match for United and Smalling I thought had an excellent game,He's moved ahead of Jones who was considered by many a better player and future captain.

This game signified the 24th different pair of CB's this season,surely a club record

I did enjoy Jones' "headed clearance" though.tongue.png

Before he did his knee Valdes was at the very top of his game. Heckuva keeper.

Thats the crux of it. Will United want to hedge their bets on a 33yo keeper who has done his knee in? I'd have thought not, especially when the performance of De Gea this season is predominantly the reason for getting a top four berth. Yes i know keepers play on till forty odd but United have big money to spend and can attract many of the best.

De Gea to RM, Lloris quite possibly to United is the scenario i am worried about.

Edited by carmine

I would hope Wenger does put in a bid in for Loris Carms, even if Levy then says it's over his dead body! Worth upping the anti for a Man U in a season where 3 world class keepers are potentially detachable and two top ten teams (RM and Arsenal) need one.

Maybe one where Arsene does a negotiation more publicly than he normally likes!

I would hope Wenger does put in a bid in for Loris Carms, even if Levy then says it's over his dead body! Worth upping the anti for a Man U in a season where 3 world class keepers are potentially detachable and two top ten teams (RM and Arsenal) need one.

Ospina looks a sound keeper so i doubt Wenger would spend the money for Lloris especially as whomever might buy him will have to pay upwards of 25m.

I believe you also still have that selfie obsessed Polish clown as back up, yes?

Edited by carmine

Ospina looks a sound keeper so i doubt Wenger would spend the money for Lloris especially as whomever might buy him will have to pay upwards of 25m.

I believe you also still have that selfie obsessed Polish clown as back up, yes?

He's on the naughty step, but if we win on Wednesday, he might get a run out against West Brom.

^

^

Youz do realise which thread you're in don't ya....?[emoji85]

Or are you being kind again, and upping the post count for us poor Mancs. [emoji23]

redrus

^

^

Youz do realise which thread you're in don't ya....?[emoji85]

Or are you being kind again, and upping the post count for us poor Mancs. [emoji23]

redrus

Well Rus, as you know Chicog flirts around every thread as he's lonely in the Arsenal one and the rest of us just chip in to get the post count up tongue.png

• Like 1

I'm like a hermit only not.

Hahahaha, the Highbury Hobo. [emoji23][emoji23]

redrus

Don't feel any pity for him....only tigerfish has the guts to post there anymore after he kicked all the others off.

He's a nasty bit of work apparently.

Although none of the other gooners would ever say so.

In fact they don't say much at all...hehehe...ahhh gotta love the silent faithful.

Another barren season is but one game away....net spend Chicog!

I doubt that Chicog is a 'nasty piece of work' Smokey. Web personnas and real life are often at different ends of a spectrum. He's nice as pie and very helpful to anyone posting on IT issues.

Edited by SantiSuk
  • Like 1

I doubt that Chicog is a 'nasty piece of work' Smokey. Web personnas and real life are often at different ends of a spectrum. He's nice as pie and very helpful to anyone posting on IT issues.

Bet he's one of the I-drones. :D

I'm like a hermit only not.

Hahahaha, the Highbury Hobo. [emoji23][emoji23]

redrus

Don't feel any pity for him....only tigerfish has the guts to post there anymore after he kicked all the others off.

He's a nasty bit of work apparently.

Although none of the other gooners would ever say so.

In fact they don't say much at all...hehehe...ahhh gotta love the silent faithful.

Another barren season is but one game away....net spend Chicog!

Get that boy a saucer of milk and a tin of Whiskas.

Bet he's one of the I-drones. biggrin.png

You're going to have to 'splain that one.

Bet he's one of the I-drones. biggrin.png

You're going to have to 'splain that one.

Apples and errm...apples.

LvG on form tonight [emoji23][emoji23]

https://vine.co/v/eAD3pnqH0th

redrus

At least I could understand Fergie.

I may have just woke up, but <deleted> is he saying????

Hello, hello, hey, pray intensive to the medicine??? No clue

"Hello, hello, pay attention to the manager"

The full transcript for your pleasure sir.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/transcript-louis-van-gaals-amazing-9292005

[emoji23]

redrus