Manchester United

redrus

With both Aguero and Silva out, to say I am a tad worried is an understatement Rus

obviously you'd prefer them two fit but bony, sterling and de bruyne should still have enough to trouble united's defence.

it's united's keeper that gets on my nerves. de gea's annoyingly good.

Whilst its difficult to fit in Rooney and Martial if he's starting, surely after last weekends performance van Gaal has to pick Herrera?

Its so obvious United are a better side playing him.

yeah united fan mate of mine reckons herrera's about their most important player at the moment. well, outfield player anyway.

Cant see any reason to change the team from last weekend v Everton.Best performance of the season. Smalling ,Jones handled

Lukaku better than most. Rojo surprised obviously wanted to prove a point ,his cross for the goal was suberb and resolute in defence.

Valencia was not in the squad as LVG said he was jet lagged ,nobody clocks up more miles than him during an International break.

I would say for sure he will at least be on the bench.

Moscow should bring back some good memories, lets hope they get reflected in a result on the pitch.

Rooney needs f*****g off he is holding us back, Martial up front we would have won that.

All n all Happy we did not lose and still in touching distance of the top.

I think it's your manager holding you back. Rooney up front when he's good as a roaming number 10. Martial on the wing when he's good as a central striker. Doh!

Can't see Man U holding top 4 if Abram fires the even more clueless manager and/or if Wet Spam and Leicester keep their form and/or if Spurs go onto a roll and/or if Klopp does the biz (the latter of which which looks a bit of a tall order this season). My current prediction for top 4 - City, Arsenal, Wet Spam and Spurs.

I wonder if Fergie is enjoying his football - probably would have joined me at the kitchen sink doing the washing up on 70 minutes if he had the option! Seriously dull stuff last night.

Edited by SantiSuk

Manchester United's Bastian Schweinsteiger sues Chinese toymaker over lookalike NAZI doll called 'Bastian'

Manchester United midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger is suing a Chinese toymaker over a lookalike Nazi doll named 'Bastian'.

German World Cup winner and national team skipper Schweinsteiger has contacted his lawyers over the figure, although the company marketing the Bastian range insist the likeness is 'purely coincidental'.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-uniteds-bastian-schweinsteiger-sues-6681291

post-19542-0-27297800-1445830934_thumb.j

post-19542-0-27922800-1445830960_thumb.j

• Like 1

Manchester United's Bastian Schweinsteiger sues Chinese toymaker over lookalike NAZI doll called 'Bastian'

Manchester United midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger is suing a Chinese toymaker over a lookalike Nazi doll named 'Bastian'.

German World Cup winner and national team skipper Schweinsteiger has contacted his lawyers over the figure, although the company marketing the Bastian range insist the likeness is 'purely coincidental'.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-uniteds-bastian-schweinsteiger-sues-6681291

attachicon.gifbastian.JPG

attachicon.gifbastian2.JPG

Apparently rumours circulating Salford that Hasbro are releasing a new toy for Xmas that bears an uncanny resemblance to Ryan Giggs and is called The Roving Eye are totally unfounded.

Martial played his first 4 games as the central striker and scored 4 goals.....so what does LVG do ?......play him on the wing where he's ineffective to accomodate the now Championship standard striker,Rooney !

Thats where its going wrong for United as Martial is the only striking option.

Rojo played very well yesterday,btw........but what a dour match to watch.....no shots on target till 10 minutes to go.

Edited by Macclad

After watching that i think the Scoles like stinging criticism will continue because he's right on the mark.

The way you are set up United are incredibly difficult to score against and hence very difficult to beat. I remember earlier in the season Spurs getting beaten one nil and thinking we didn't deserve to lose but fact is we just couldn't get through your defense. Then of course if you do you have De Gea to beat.

However, the lack of creativity is unbelievable. So much so that this van Gaal side will always be there or there about due to not conceding whilst never having the penetration of creativity to win anything. I no longer think Rooney is so much out of form but more just a case of being starved of any decent service and is being totally wasted by this van Gaal set up. His movement and hunger for the ball is still there but wheres the service?

After watching that i think the Scoles like stinging criticism will continue because he's right on the mark.

The way you are set up United are incredibly difficult to score against and hence very difficult to beat. I remember earlier in the season Spurs getting beaten one nil and thinking we didn't deserve to lose but fact is we just couldn't get through your defense. Then of course if you do you have De Gea to beat.

However, the lack of creativity is unbelievable. So much so that this van Gaal side will always be there or there about due to not conceding whilst never having the penetration of creativity to win anything. I no longer think Rooney is so much out of form but more just a case of being starved of any decent service and is being totally wasted by this van Gaal set up. His movement and hunger for the ball is still there but wheres the service?

I have a problem with ex players criticising,even when they are correct.I think its just fuels the flames and achieves nothing. LVG is hardly going to follow the advice .He knows the problem but United

simply do not have the means/indiviuals/skill to unlock teams. In the final third the modus operandi is to go sideways instead of some one biting the bullet and charging into the box if nothing is achieved you may well earn a penalty when tired legs come into play. United do wear teams down with possession but simply can't create goal scoring chances. Mata and Martial are the seasons top scorers with only3 goals each. So the defence is sorted even with Ashley Young a makeshift FB. LVG will know its time to experiment with Martial up front and maybe Lingaard on the right flank to add some pace.

Rooney never had much pace and he will know he can no longer cut it and its pointless comparing the style of play today compared with times past, the raw material is not there.

Looking at the draw the next 6 games are very winnable if not we can forget about the title just go back to trying for a top 4 finish,The January transfer window rarely offers anything to excite.

LVG admitted CP were the better team.Were you listening Jose ? its not that difficult to say.

• Like 2

Wer,e looking sorted in midfield and defence but up front Rooney lacks pace and his first touch is awfull,Martial is going to be some player but you cannot expect him to lead the line week in week out at his age......................however I,m led to believe both Messi and Ronaldo will be joining us in January so all will be well whistling.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1

LVG will empty Old Trafford with this style and "philosophy", am surprised there's not been a players revolt!

As long as those cheques keep coming in!

Exactly, as if the modern player gives foook, at United that type went with the class of 92.

If they cared as 92 did/does, I doubt we'd be playing like this. Maybe it's not that easy and only time will tell. LvG can build a team all he likes, he can restructure all he wants, the fact is the next manager will do the same all over again.

Some reds though need reminding, that roller coasters go down, as well as up.

At present, I'm indifferent, I don't like the way we play, but we're not losing, Boro in a shoot out not withstanding. It can be drab and uninspiring, but there's a solid team there, it needs another quality striker and Rooney needs dropping for a start though.

redrus

LVG will empty Old Trafford with this style and "philosophy", am surprised there's not been a players revolt!

Exactly, as if the modern player gives foook, at United that type went with the class of 92.

If they cared as 92 did/does, I doubt we'd be playing like this. Maybe it's not that easy and only time will tell. LvG can build a team all he likes, he can restructure all he wants, the fact is the next manager will do the same all over again.

At present, I'm indifferent, I don't like the way we play, but we're not losing, Boro in a shoot out not withstanding. It can be drab and uninspiring, but there's a solid team there, it needs another quality striker and Rooney needs dropping for a start though.

redrus

Rooney needs getting rid of, period, well past his best. This style of play doesn't wash in the Premier Lge, LVG equals = side ways and back. But, this is my own opinion, the last games I attended this seems to be the opinion of the supprters around me.

redrus

Speaking of the class of 92, did you see part 1 of Out of Their League?

redrus

Tough to drop £1 million a month I think they are finding.

redrus

Tough to drop £1 million a month I think they are finding.

Needs to be done, he's played in nearly every position apart from in goal, we have to thank De Gea for where we are in the league, without him we would be below Chelsea. As for the Boro game, that was about our only chance of any silverware this season. LVG is destroying Man U, IMHO.