Manchester United

redrus

A good win against a side we struggle with they deserved a draw Everton but for Mr Mensah.

I think it is Spurs next week which should be interesting and then the Cup replay still in with a shout of the top four and the FA Cup!

All to play for smile.png

Do you actually know who Laurent Blanc is?cheesy.gif

Sorry I didn,t realise he,d managed an ENGLISH premier league club.............remind me again who it was whistling.gif

R Sole clap2.gif

So you are saying a man who has had managerial experience managing France, as well as managing a team to win French Premier League as well as managing a team to the semi finals of Champions League is less qualified to manage The Rags than either a man whose sole management achievment was winning division 2 with Preston or a man who has never managed a team in any capacity.cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

You are a funny man peter!!

I wish you were right and Giggs becomes manager. Right fekkin laugh that would be!!gigglem.gif

Our present manager has FAR more experience than Laurent Blanc and he is struggling to come to terms with managing United so why the hell is his name thrown into the mix?

My initial post compared the experience gained by the two others mentioned in the EPL and Moyes,s experience was greater.

While you may mock David Moyes for lack of silverware on 3 occasions (2003/2005/2009) he was voted Premier League Manager of the Year by his fellow managers The League Managers Association.

On ten other occasions he was voted Manager of the Month.

Now how does Koeman and Bilic,s EPL experience compare with this? it doesn,t and this is what I stated,totally ignoring Laurent Blanc because he has no managerial experience in English football.

It is hoped for City,s sake Guardiola starts delivering from the kick off otherwise the Press and many others will have a field day.......and what will your excuses be then whistling.gif

If Giggs does get the job (and he will one day) and it provides you with amusement be thankful as you have very little these past 40/50 years thumbsup.gif

Nice touch naming the stand after Sir Bobby, I am sure Lvg has done enough to warrant naming a exit door after him.

I believe a two year extension is being discussed gigglem.gif

Sir Bobby came from a footballing family the Milburns,what chances today of that repeated whistling.gif

Yes a nice touch but surely he warranted having a stand named after him a LONG TIME AGO. Will it have a combover roof?

No it will be similar to the one on the Colin Bell (end) stand City aptly named cheesy.gif

• Like 2

Yes a nice touch but surely he warranted having a stand named after him a LONG TIME AGO. Will it have a combover roof?

No it will be similar to the one on the Colin Bell (end) stand City aptly named cheesy.gif

Proof there that you've never been to the Etihad have you.

And where in my reply do I say at the Etihad.........read it again properly blink.png and before you decide to take the p**s out of one of footballs greatest ever players think about what may get thrown back,but then again whenever do City fans actually think before they mouth off whistling.gif

It is common knowledge that City have no naming rights whatsoever at the Etihad as it is COUNCIL owned property cheesy.gif

Edited by petermik
  • Like 1

And where in my reply do I say at the Etihad.........read it again properly blink.png and before you decide to take the p**s out of one of footballs greatest ever players think about what may get thrown back,but then again whenever do City fans actually think before they mouth off whistling.gif

It is common knowledge that City have no naming rights whatsoever at the Etihad as it is COUNCIL owned property cheesy.gif

You mentioned the Etihad. Isn't the Colin Bell (end) stand part of the Etihad. I mentioned proof you've never been as the Colin Bell stand is the main stand running along the side of the pitch; it isn't an end (it's the West Stand renamed the Colin Bell Stand). Have you been? Yes or no?

You're being a bit touchy about my comeover joke aren't you. Actually Sir Bobby and my old man are deadringers, seriously. My comment that Bobby should have had a stand named after him already was definitely not disrespectful but was a criticism of your club not honouring Bobby as he surely deserves.

"It is common knowledge that City have no naming rights whatsoever at the Etihad as it is COUNCIL owned property". I thought that was one of the gripes about City, that we HAVE the naming rights for the stadium, and are getting paid for those rights from Etihad, another Abu Dhabu company.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

City through through mate. I'm third generation City fan. The house we had to move out of in Bradford (that's a suburb of Manchester) in the 50s to move to Bredbury (think in those days we were called 'overspill') would be right under the north stand of the Etihad. I did use to go with the old man on a regular basis to County on a Friday in the 70s - happy to support them financially but watching 4th division football was a pain until Best and Summerbee showed up - and City on a Saturday.

See you swerved my Etihad question nicely...think we know the answer to that, no you've never been.

Youve got my credentials as a City fan, so where exactly are you from then Petermik?

City through through mate. I'm third generation City fan. The house we had to move out of in Bradford (that's a suburb of Manchester) in the 50s to move to Bredbury (think in those days we were called 'overspill') would be right under the north stand of the Etihad. I did use to go with the old man on a regular basis to County on a Friday in the 70s - happy to support them financially but watching 4th division football was a pain until Best and Summerbee showed up - and City on a Saturday.

See you swerved my Etihad question nicely...think we know the answer to that, no you've never been.

Youve got my credentials as a City fan, so where exactly are you from then Petermik?

So the Stockport thingy is genuine ....nice one.

Ask Nev.

My home town was/is Rochdale Greater Manchester (now happily residing for the past,almost, 3 years in Pattaya and Huai Yot Trang province)..........And on my last visit to the Etihad Stadium in 2013 myself and my two sons spent a glorious May afternoon/evening at the Rugby League Magic weekend.....thumbsup.gif

Anythink else I can help you with BB?

wai2.gif

p.s. BB in a much earlier discussion on the Citeh forum you gave me the distinct impression that actually you only started watching City regularly when the oil money came in in 2008,correct or not? nothing to be ashamed of but it puts more of a perspective/understanding of your comments.

have a nice day and keep cool wherever you are,here on my balcony in sin city its 34 degrees biggrin.png

Edited by petermik

Absolutely Red............buy City fans do not like to acknowledge anything that happened pre 2008...............can,t think why gigglem.gif

My home town was/is Rochdale Greater Manchester (now happily residing for the past,almost, 3 years in Pattaya and Huai Yot Trang province)..........And on my last visit to the Etihad Stadium in 2013 myself and my two sons spent a glorious May afternoon/evening at the Rugby League Magic weekend.....thumbsup.gif

Anythink else I can help you with BB?

wai2.gif

p.s. BB in a much earlier discussion on the Citeh forum you gave me the distinct impression that actually you only started watching City regularly when the oil money came in in 2008,correct or not? nothing to be ashamed of but it puts more of a perspective/understanding of your comments.

have a nice day and keep cool wherever you are,here on my balcony in sin city its 34 degrees biggrin.png

I'm very cool, was just responding to your nonsense. Following your precedent, being from Rochdale, who would you support if Rochdale played ManU? Get my point.

Why would you think I started supporting City circa 2008 takeover? That I don't understand. I believe this forum started in 2006, to which I contributed. A quick look at the classic 'Are ManU in decline' thread I started in 2006 would give an insight in to my support for City.

I actually thought you were an aussie, don't know why.

Absolutely Red............buy City fans do not like to acknowledge anything that happened pre 2008...............can,t think why gigglem.gif
You're coming out with some provocative nonsense today. City fans don't acknowledge pre-2008...surely you don't believe that do you and is just mischief making. Edited by Bredbury Blue

My home town was/is Rochdale Greater Manchester (now happily residing for the past,almost, 3 years in Pattaya and Huai Yot Trang province)........

If I'd have known that the other week I'd have popped round to Katesiree for a pint.

Prior to moving to Saudi I lived in Rochdale for about 25 years

My home town was/is Rochdale Greater Manchester (now happily residing for the past,almost, 3 years in Pattaya and Huai Yot Trang province)........

If I'd have known that the other week I'd have popped round to Katesiree for a pint.

Then you won the jackpot! and saw sense tongue.png

• Like 1

Escaped 3 years ago to live here BJ but my house is up by Cronkeyshaw Common,rented out funnily enough to a City daft family (from Gorton) actually very nice people, they originally rented the semi next to mine for a couple of years before I offered mine at a generous discount,they are happy and so am I thumbsup.gif

but keep it quiet as the taxman knows nowt gigglem.gif

Edited by petermik

You're coming out with some provocative nonsense today. City fans don't acknowledge pre-2008...surely you don't believe that do you and is just mischief making.

Just loading the bait to see who will bite clap2.gif

You're coming out with some provocative nonsense today. City fans don't acknowledge pre-2008...surely you don't believe that do you and is just mischief making.

Go sit on the naughty step for 5 minutes and consider your actions.

Go sit on the naughty step for 5 minutes and consider your actions.

Never bloody off it lately..................jees its warm today,even the prickly heat powder is having little effect cheesy.gif

Escaped 3 years ago to live here BJ but my house is up by Cronkeyshaw Common,rented out funnily enough to a City daft family (from Gorton) actually very nice people, they originally rented the semi next to mine for a couple of years before I offered mine at a generous discount,they are happy and so am I thumbsup.gif

Tis a small world. I live in Bamford but my best pal still lives on Cronkeyshaw Common.

Tis a small world. I live in Bamford but my best pal still lives on Cronkeyshaw Common.

Even scousers have been up there.....stayed at The Hunters Rest (Syke Road) for a few months whilst doing consultancy stuff in Oldham/Rochdale. (The place where the 'Dragon' with the shoulder pads did her Secret Millionaire gig). Decent food and a surprising mix of MUFC/MCFC AND LFC! localssmile.png

• Like 2