Manchester United

redrus

Leaking LvG's demise before the cup had been engraved proves they learned nothing re their handling of Moyes.

Brendan Rogers would have been a better long term option. Mourinho's too impatient/vane to hang around nurturing the academy; He'll orchestraight his own downfall no later than the end of 2018-19.

Where does this leave Giggs?

Mourinho's a two season manager with a history that says he'll rebuild by spending and is most likely going to ignore young talent at Carrington.

Just as long as all you United fans know that the little shithouse is far bigger than your club!! The (not so) Special One is infact who everyones coming to see!!

The medical staff must also be wondering what they are supposed to do when a player goes down injured and the ref calls them on?! Ask permission from the pig eyed <deleted> in the dugout i suppose!

• Like 2

First 20mins looked like ManU vs Championship side but Palace grew in to the game and I thought ManU made hardwork of it. Some poor finishing from both sides but two cracking goals worthy of winning a final from Punch and Lingard; be surprised if Lingard ever hits a sweeter shot than that one. So LvG for another season then is it?

Lingard did earier in the season hit another cracker. United Academy product from a very early age. City and Chelsea take note.

Take note of what? Lingard and others have come through due to the lack of quality first team players in your squad.

Leaking LvG's demise before the cup had been engraved proves they learned nothing re their handling of Moyes.

Brendan Rogers would have been a better long term option. Mourinho's too impatient/vane to hang around nurturing the academy; He'll orchestraight his own downfall no later than the end of 2018-19.

Where does this leave Giggs?

Giggs needs to prove himself as a manager away from OT. He is young enough to play the long game, as far as managing Man U is concerned. He should take a club on in League 1 or the Championship.

• Like 2

At least we won something this season,not like all them London teams thumbsup.gif

Which further emphasizes the classless manner at which he was treated yesterday. thumbsup.gif And after such classless behavior, a fitting appointment of a man that done his all this past six months to undermine van Gaal at every oppotunity.

Surely there were more suitable candidates than Mourinho for such a position, despite his success over the years?

Now were all going to be subjected to his cringeworthy press conferences again which is something quite unforgivable, is it not MrEd.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

At least we won something this season,not like all them London teams thumbsup.gif

Which further emphasizes the classless manner at which he was treated yesterday. thumbsup.gif And after such classless behavior, a fitting appointment of a man that done his all this past six months to undermine van Gaal at every oppotunity.

Surely there were more suitable candidates than Mourinho for such a position, despite his success over the years?

Now were all going to be subjected to his cringeworthy press conferences again which is something quite unforgivable, is it not MrEd.

Yet we shouldn't completely overlook LvG conniving with the board prior to Moyes being sacked. I bet he had a subtle gloat to himself last night! :) Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

Yet we shouldn't completely overlook LvG conniving with the board prior to Moyes being sacked. I bet he had a subtle gloat to himself last night! smile.png

Moyes is probably sunning himself in Barbados still and toasting his old pal Fergie for his kind £20m retirement present.

Don't see him rushing back into management yet anyway!

Why Mourinho ? Is he some sort of magician ? Look at how poor Chelsea was this season. Considering all the injuries LvG did a good job with the young players. Not sure if "the special one" will add anything new.

Why Mourinho ? Is he some sort of magician ? Look at how poor Chelsea was this season. Considering all the injuries LvG did a good job with the young players. Not sure if "the special one" will add anything new.

he's a magician as long as he's got his massive magic chequebook to play with and the fawning english press and media lapping up all his self-centred bullsh*t.

the secret footballer agrees with you fwiw: http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/articles/the-secret-footballer/29954/jose-mourinho-be-careful-what-you-manchester-united-fans-wish-for/

LvG should have been given a chance to carry on.being a taff my feeling is the dummy alongside him should have gone,he's not a fit and proper person to be involved in a top club.

Bring back exciting football to Old Trafford. Appoint a manager with the stability to last longer than the previous two incumbents.

And the answer is ... Mo. Doh!

Still an outstanding manager from a never mind the bull$it, feel the trophies IMO - wish he'd gone to China or Russia or Paris

Bring back exciting football to Old Trafford. Appoint a manager with the stability to last longer than the previous two incumbents.

Still an outstanding manager from a never mind the bull$it, feel the trophies IMO - wish he'd gone to China or Russia or Paris

The blatant obvious choice was Carlo Ancelotti and the United board yet again botched it monumentally when he made it very clear he wanted out of the Perez madhouse. Three european cups, knows big club mentality, plays attractive football, fine ambassador for club and the game, knows how to bring through young talent respected throughout the game, proven winner at all levels of the game ect ect ect...

Ofcourse Bayern were not so slow and snapped him up. Pep off, so what....but i can't help thinking Carlo's going to get rather bored taking Bayern to yet another Bundesliga, a feat miraculously achieved by the genius Pep!!

Man United's handling of Mourinho is disrespectful - they should have followed Man City's example says Reds legend

Ray Wilkins says Manchester United have disrespected Louis van Gaal and should have dealt with it the way Manchester City handled Pep Guardiola's succession

Former Manchester United star Ray Wilkins says United should have followed City's example when it came to changing their manager. The Reds' FA Cup win has been over-shadowed by news leaking out of Jose Mourinho's camp that he expects to be named as the new Old Trafford boss this week.

And Wilkins, who won the Cup with United in 1983, scoring one of the great Wembley goals, laid into the Reds – and said they should have followed City's example.

“I saw Jose was at the [David Haye] fight last night and they were trying to interview him after it and he was very non-committal in his response to the media,” he told Talksport

“It’s been a tad disrespectful as far as Van Gaal is concerned. The decision should have been made and United should have come out and said what the situation was.

“I thought the way City dealt with the Manual Pellegrini situation was spot on. “He wasn’t going to be there and rumours were rife that Guardiola was going to take over and I thought they handled it in the best possible fashion.”

With talk rife about Guardiola being lined up as Pellegrini's successor this summer, City decided to bite the bullet and announce the change on February 1.

Pellegrini had been told days earlier, and was a picture of dignity at a press conference when he revealed he would be leaving in the summer – quickly followed by an official City announcement that Guardiola would take his place.

That decision has since been criticised, as City's form dipped in the aftermath and they won just three of their next 11 matches. Pellegrini himself has pointed to the uncertainty created by the announcement as a factor in City's under-achievement this season.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-uniteds-handling-mourinho-disrespectful-11369142

The blatant obvious choice was Carlo Ancelotti and the United board yet again botched it monumentally when he made it very clear he wanted out of the Perez madhouse. Three european cups, knows big club mentality, plays attractive football, fine ambassador for club and the game, knows how to bring through young talent respected throughout the game, proven winner at all levels of the game ect ect ect...

Ofcourse Bayern were not so slow and snapped him up. Pep off, so what....but i can't help thinking Carlo's going to get rather bored taking Bayern to yet another Bundesliga, a feat miraculously achieved by the genius Pep!!

Agree with you on Ancelotti. Just googled to see how close to pension age he is and I'm just getting back on my chair, ouch!...he's only 56! Had him down for 63 or 64. So at 56 he would have been a great signing.

So have Utd ACTUALLY announced anything yet? Until then, remembering the self fulfilling bollacks the

media speeled about Ari and the England job reckon its best to wait and see.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by rijit

So have Utd ACTUALLY announced anything yet? Until then, remembering the self fulfilling bollacks the

media speeled about Ari and the England job reckon its best to wait and see.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

van gaal has already done it for them. came out of the team hotel yesterday and told a sky sports cameraman "it's over".

The big clubs have devalued the FA Cup, they play reserves in the early rounds and then at later stages bring in the big guns to claim the glory. I doubt that there is one club qualifying for the champions league, that would swap it for the FA Cup.

United are just another sacking club. Disgraceful and classless how they have treated LvG. On the same day he won the FA Cup.

Do those words ring a bell lads?

Why?, lvg had agreed to leave before the midjiland game away, this was told to me by a red with contacts inside united at that game, it was mainly to do with stress and the hounding by the press he took it very personal.

Originally he only wanted a two year contract but was offered 3 years, I really think his wife has a lot to do with it, good luck to him he can retire to his villa in Portugal.

United have not once come out and undermined him and announced Mourinio as manager.

• Like 1

United have not once come out and undermined him and announced Mourinio as manager.

That's the problem. They haven't come out and said anything and just let him be hounded and harrassed by the media.

But the main point of my post was to sling the mud back after several people came on the City thread and gave us grief for their perceived way in which we badly treated Pellegrini

That's the problem. They haven't come out and said anything and just let him be hounded and harrassed by the media.

But the main point of my post was to sling the mud back after several people came on the City thread and gave us grief for their perceived way in which we badly treated Pellegrini

Yes, both of the Manchester clubs should be wallowing in shame really.

• Like 2

... United have not once come out and undermined him and announced Mourinio as manager.

They're getting there though.

23 May 2016 • 11:49am

Louis van Gaal has been sacked as Manchester United manager, with the club bringing the Dutchman's two-year reign to an end on Monday.

Van Gaal led United to the FA Cup on Saturday but it wasn't enough to save him after he failed to qualify for the Champions League and received criticism throughout the season for his conservative tactics.

Jose Mourinho is almost certain to take over from Van Gaal, with the former Chelsea manager's arrival expected to be confirmed in the next couple of days.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/05/23/louis-van-gaal-sacked-as-manchester-united-manager-with-jose-mou/

I can see a mid-table finish next season (without Giggs as co-pilot) with more petulant, Portuguese, post-match derision at press conferences with that bottom lip sticking right out.

I wonder if that gobsh!te Scholes's other mouthpiece is puckering now? Damaging and divisive little bugger he was these past 2 years. Maybe Giggsy will join him since he will be as much a team manager as Shearer never was or will be.

Punditry anyone?

Edited by NanLaew

I can see a mid-table finish next season (without Giggs as co-pilot) with more petulant, Portuguese, post-match derision at press conferences with that bottom lip sticking right out.

I wonder if that gobsh!te Scholes's other mouthpiece is puckering now? Damaging and divisive little bugger he was these past 2 years. Maybe Giggsy will join him since he will be as much a team manager as Shearer never was or will be.

Punditry anyone?

Giggs co-pilot? Rather a ride-along.

Some shameful leaking from my Cub............. again.