Manchester United

redrus

I

3 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Handful of games into the season and the media presure is ramping up on Mourinho and United.Only 99 points left up for grabs so you can understnd it:coffee1:

Obviously will be some changes tonight after the mid week debacle.

Using the stick the pin in method I would go for

De Gea

Valencia      Bailly      Smalling      Shaw

Carrick     Pogba  (Last chance saloon Rooney

Rashford        Zlatan        Martial

Picked Carrick over Fellaini as he always is a penalty waiting to happen as is shirt pulling Smalling.

Dead set foul on Martial you are quite entitled to go for the ball but not by taking the players legs out from behind.

Martial should have been taken off with that head clash anyway, that was nasty.

Nothing is working for United but DON"T PANIC

Another shocking display by Rooney and yet again he See's the game out, he is not a midfielder why give him a free role in the team.

Mourinio should stop the blame game and take all the blame, it Ishim who picksa disjointed team round pegs in square holes comes to mind.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

I

Picked Carrick over Fellaini as he always is a penalty waiting to happen as is shirt pulling Smalling.

Dead set foul on Martial you are quite entitled to go for the ball but not by taking the players legs out from behind.

Martial should have been taken off with that head clash anyway, that was nasty.

Nothing is working for United but DON"T PANIC

Don't panic,  your manager is a fraud, your team is a mismatch of overpriced nobodies and has beens. You look pisspoor and you have to play on Thursday until June. 

As a business you look tidy, as a football club chasing silverware, miles off. 

• Like 1

nah I want them full strength getting hammered at old Trafford year on year by you know who. I want them to say yeah fair play we hate ya but we rate ya. Not many teams do that but our team?always seem to bring a bit of love and a lot of respect to many games no matter the winner or loser.

1 minute ago, Chicog said:

Well after that week, I have to agree that he is quite special...

I think JM has an inside battle to contend with. The board. He could have won that game and other games but your transfer committee is a joke and has been for years. He is not being given complete control he needs that. Your board is the problem. They can afford it but they make some derisory decisions where transfers and contracts are concerned. 

25 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

I think JM has an inside battle to contend with. The board. He could have won that game and other games but your transfer committee is a joke and has been for years. He is not being given complete control he needs that. Your board is the problem. They can afford it but they make some derisory decisions where transfers and contracts are concerned. 

Yes I agree on Chicog's board being shit! :clap2:

Like I said before, a team that is not a team yet, they need to settle in, you cannot throw a group of mostly new players together and expect them to play supreme football at 100% - it takes time

You can run Rooney down all you like - he is solid, might not be scoring too many goals but that is not his job now - in mid field there are not too many could replace him

Pogba is also solid, he is very difficult to play against

One thing I would have changed for this match, manu tend to play to the wings and cross it in, everybody knows that is the style and sets up defend against it, I'd like to see them change tactics and spearhead down the middle the odd time and switching around, during that match every time a player on the wing got the ball there were 2x defenders on them right away closing them down

Mourinho's now lost 11 of his last 22 premier league games.  Far more worryingly for United fans must be his general demeanor and blame game attitude.  He doesn't seem to have learnt anything from the way he lost the dressing room at Chelsea.  Or Real Madrid for that matter.

Looks far from special to me.  And with Pep Guardiola moving along so serenely it only increases the microscopic attention thats going to be on him.  Strange because even after as few as the first two games it looked like United had their mojo back with Zlatan and Pogba dominant against Soton but now Pogba doesn't seem to know what he's doing and Mourinho hasn't worked out the system to get the best out of him.

As for Rooney.....even his inclusion in a starting eleven probably leaves most bewildered/laughing pending on which side you are supporting.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, nev said:

Another shocking display by Rooney and yet again he See's the game out, he is not a midfielder why give him a free role in the team.

Mourinio should stop the blame game and take all the blame, it Ishim who picksa disjointed team round pegs in square holes comes to mind.

now now, mr ed was on here in the summer telling us what a top class midfielder and playmaker rooney is and how hodgson was 100% correct to play him there. nev, you're surely not calling friend mr ed a liar and/or moron are you?

couldn't agree more about the square pegs thing, it's bizarre. but he really does love lashing the blame around while never accepting any himself. at the moment he looks every inch the manager he was 12 months ago at chelsea. united's physio probably wants to watch their back.

2 hours ago, carmine said:

Mourinho's now lost 11 of his last 22 premier league games.  Far more worryingly for United fans must be his general demeanor and blame game attitude.  He doesn't seem to have learnt anything from the way he lost the dressing room at Chelsea.  Or Real Madrid for that matter.

Looks far from special to me.  And with Pep Guardiola moving along so serenely it only increases the microscopic attention thats going to be on him.  Strange because even after as few as the first two games it looked like United had their mojo back with Zlatan and Pogba dominant against Soton but now Pogba doesn't seem to know what he's doing and Mourinho hasn't worked out the system to get the best out of him.

As for Rooney.....even his inclusion in a starting eleven probably leaves most bewildered/laughing pending on which side you are supporting.

Too true - he'll lose his squad and get eaten alive by the press if he continues his blame-game rut. Clearly has no friends these days - that or he doesn't listen to them

17 minutes ago, SantiSuk said:

Too true - he'll lose his squad and get eaten alive by the press if he continues his blame-game rut. Clearly has no friends these days - that or he doesn't listen to them

he seems to have lost his fawning mates in the media really - think that incident with doctor eva last season hurt him more than he realised. he's blaming refs, his own players, anyone but himself again. and it's accentuated by the easy transition guardiola seems to have made up the road.

I do not think utd trust JM and the way they let speculation play out prior to his appointment showed indecision at board level which looks like it is still playing a part in his early tenure.

Would love to know the actual remit for JM. Win the league but  bring through the future of UTD via youth team development or just win the league at all costs? - I don't think it is all costs. The pogba transwer looks political. ( fergie got it wrong about moyes and did not push hard enough to keep pogba) if pogba does great in 2-3 seasons he is a 150m target for RM or Barcelona or Chinese.

UTD discarded better players than rooney in the past why not this guy? 

The agent of rooney is a wily cat.

Jesse Lingaard - no where near a utd player.

Complete clear out required.

Ibrahimovich

Mkitarayan

Martial - paid way too much though.

De gea

Rashford - Gem

Pogba 

That's it that's the total sum of genuine utd worthy players for me.

3 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Tis funny isn't it. All we heard when SAF left was that they would give the next manager time as they weren't a sacking club.......3 managers later!!

I've heard Mr Ed is in charge of relocating and preparing Pogba's new identity and life after Utd.

Both were last seen on Robert Maxwell's yacht sailing into the sunset together....

JM needs a tough 3 years as a loser to be a real winner and in this job he has that formula but have utd had too much glory in the past 2 decades to replicate it?

Has JM got the bottle to fight as fergie did those 1st 4 years. Very doubtful. He will not lose value as a manager this can be overlooked on his CV and the question then becomes if JM cannot do it. Who on earth could? Time to start discussing new managers lads because JM will point the finger at the board sooner rather than later and if he does not get the respect and trust he requires he will look for an exit before the board try to do the same. 3 months countdown begins. 

46 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

JM needs a tough 3 years as a loser to be a real winner and in this job he has that formula but have utd had too much glory in the past 2 decades to replicate it?

Has JM got the bottle to fight as fergie did those 1st 4 years. Very doubtful. He will not lose value as a manager this can be overlooked on his CV and the question then becomes if JM cannot do it. Who on earth could? Time to start discussing new managers lads because JM will point the finger at the board sooner rather than later and if he does not get the respect and trust he requires he will look for an exit before the board try to do the same. 3 months countdown begins. 

Is £150m not enough from the board?

Laughable as usual.