Manchester United

redrus

Just now, Sparkles said:

Surely based on form Carrick and Herrara must come in tonight and Rooney on the bench as Mourinho has hinted.

Martial as expected is out .Shaw seems ok. JM still has no idea of his best team

You'd think so wouldn't you.

Then again,  remind yourself how he persisted with totally out of form Chelsea players.  Ivanovic's selection was totally ludicrous.

Well I am glad we have Steve Mc Mahon who predicted a United loss, to tell us that the victory was all down to Rooney being dropped.

SM bores me to death but he's on 365 sports with Astro sadly

Of course no mention that Fellaini had been dropped too or that most of the United players produced their best form for a long time.

Pogba ruled the pitch first half and as often happens,with a  big lead the second half was always going to be pedestrian.

Best 45 mins of football United have played in 3 seasons IMO

So the attention of the media can now turn to Ranieri, can he save his job ? Rooney disallusioned ,dont think so, first on his feet with Carrick to celebrate Pogbas header.               He knows the score.

Well I am glad we have Steve Mc Mahon who predicted a United loss, to tell us that the victory was all down to Rooney being dropped.

Of course no mention that Fellaini had been dropped too or that most of the United players produced their best form for a long time.

Pogba ruled the pitch first half and as often happens,with a  big lead the second half was always going to be pedestrian.

So the attention of the media can now turn to Ranieri, can he save his job ? Rooney disallusioned ,dont think so, first on his feet with Carrick to celebrate Pogbas header.               He knows the score.

21 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Fair play to utd those starters made a very strong point and you know I hope they continue to make it as rooney done son absolutely done. He'll be back on the grannies before you can oo aah Cantona.  Rooney best position exactly where he was first half. 

12 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

So good, he says it thrice ;-)

As a manu hater, they were good today once they got ahead.

Enjoying watching The Zlatan. Never seen too much of him. Wish I'd seen him in his pomp.

While Utd were good, Leicester handed them some of those goals.

Loved Gray and Mata goals.

I am 3-2 up on you BB,not sure what going on at TV couldnt delete.

Why would you "hate" a football team/club ?suggest counselling might help or Prozac

On 9/25/2016 at 3:41 AM, Sparkles said:

Why would you "hate" a football team/club ?suggest counselling might help or Prozac

Jealousy is the answer to that one

On 9/25/2016 at 3:51 AM, Bredbury Blue said:

Why would I hate ManU? Guessing your not a local then if you ask.

Sad bugger answers that one,I,m a local and have no hate for City or for any other club for that matter,from the early sixties onwards I,ve enjoyed watching the exploits of many clubs and acknowledging there success with one possible exception Leeds Utd under Don Revie and Les Cocker............but hate them no.

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 9:51 AM, Bredbury Blue said:

Why would I hate ManU? Guessing your not a local then if you ask.

Hate is just a terrible waste of mental energy,you really should evaluate your priorities

Edited by Sparkles
  • Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 1:34 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

^Sparkles, noticed EvenStephens saying you are an Aussie. Correct?

Oh dear why I am replying to this I have no idea.What has my nationality have to do with posting on this forum and what business is it of yours or the talking horse.

The only Australians who talk/write like ES, and that represents about 0.5% of the Australian population, are either in retirement homes,dementia wards or desperatley  seeking their 2 mins of fame.

What I have been able to achieve in football, over 60 years, is also my business and shared with ex team mates and friends /family. Having spent years after retirement coaching young talent, and putting something back into the game, results in the fact I have no regrets

• Like 1

Sparkles, your strange comment to me,mI'm clearly a City fan on the utd page, "Why would you "hate" a football team/club ?" indicated to me you may have a lack of knowledge of the feeling between local football rivals in the uk, particularly in Manchester. I then read on the Chelsea thread a comment that you are an aussie; I therefore enquired. You don't want to say your origin, up to you, but it helps a little on here to know something of other fans allegiancies.

5 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Hate is just a terrible waste of mental energy

I think it depends on what you were subjected to when growing up and experiences gained when going watching your team. I noticed you said you were born in the Midlands, so don't know how many United matches you attended when you were a lad. Most United fans I know hate (in different order) Liverpool, Leeds and City and in the majority of cases it's City last. Probably due to us being the guaranteed 6 points rubbing rags (although that has now changed) but they hate Liverpool and Leeds due to the violence they experienced when visiting their grounds in the 70's and 80's.

I can say that I hate Man Utd and it takes no energy at all to do it. When i was growing up we were subjected to constant ridicule by United fans and it was the era of dart throwing into the crowds etc. Cowardly, horrible days they were and ended up with my dad just thinking it was too dangerous to take me for a few years. That's where my hate stems from and I can honestly say that no matter who United are playing, I want them always to lose. An exception may occur if United winning does us a big favour.

I took my daughter to the City ground when she was a day old and since then she has lived in Saudi. So apart from a few games in the hospitality seats, she has absolutely no experience of the rivalry and so she will never hate Man U like I do. I have succeeded in getting her to hate the evil colour of red though :post-4641-1156694083:

6 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Oh dear why I am replying to this I have no idea.What has my nationality have to do with posting on this forum and what business is it of yours or the talking horse.

The only Australians who talk/write like ES, and that represents about 0.5% of the Australian population, are either in retirement homes,dementia wards or desperatley  seeking their 2 mins of fame.

got a new nic just for you

Spark The Nark

BTW

the old horse has been a self funded retiree  since the age of 52 ,so that 0.5% of the  aussie population are winners and grinners

come on nark get some balls ,and answer that you have posted that Mou was not fit to manage M/U at anytime,because he has no moral values

solely on a Bobby Charlton  quote, not your own, and you are the fluffing expert on this board ,well fluff me

getting back on topic , Mou will have at least 4 players, and possibly more  faciing the exit lounge by end of the season,he needs a this season to get his act together

then watchout, no <deleted> will be  going on about  moral values, got it nark!!!

its a very lovely late evening to all:)

I have proper Manc born and bred friends who are both United and City fans, I love them equally but when it comes to football the Untied fans are far greater

wankeers.

City fans have always taken their football team with a pinch of salt, and taken the piss out of themselves for generations but still been staunch, proud fans. 

One of my greatest memories of a City fan was with my best mate at the City, Liverpool match at Main Road. In the main stand, I wasn't cheering just talking with my mate as you do as Micheal Owen kept banging them in, this lad turned in front to have a pop and my mate was ready to rip his head off and anyone one else that wanted to kick off with us. 

In contrast my Rag mates asked the landlord to put the Liverpool game on for me in the Cheers bar on Middleton Road. Thankfully I only got snarled out the pub before kickoff. 

12 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I think it depends on what you were subjected to when growing up and experiences gained when going watching your team. I noticed you said you were born in the Midlands, so don't know how many United matches you attended when you were a lad. Most United fans I know hate (in different order) Liverpool, Leeds and City and in the majority of cases it's City last. Probably due to us being the guaranteed 6 points rubbing rags (although that has now changed) but they hate Liverpool and Leeds due to the violence they experienced when visiting their grounds in the 70's and 80's.

I can say that I hate Man Utd and it takes no energy at all to do it. When i was growing up we were subjected to constant ridicule by United fans and it was the era of dart throwing into the crowds etc. Cowardly, horrible days they were and ended up with my dad just thinking it was too dangerous to take me for a few years. That's where my hate stems from and I can honestly say that no matter who United are playing, I want them always to lose. An exception may occur if United winning does us a big favour.

I took my daughter to the City ground when she was a day old and since then she has lived in Saudi. So apart from a few games in the hospitality seats, she has absolutely no experience of the rivalry and so she will never hate Man U like I do. I have succeeded in getting her to hate the evil colour of red though :post-4641-1156694083:

Well thanks for the history lesson.The fact that you lived amongst ,and still do,this hate its quite sad.Thankfully your daughter, apparently, will not be exposed to it.

I left England as a child aged 10.My Grandfather used to play for Bedford Town whose main claim to fame was drawing with Arsenal at Highbury in the FA Cup, a long way from any major club but I did not grow up in a hate filled environment.I and  most of my team mates in Australia are still Man U followers because we admired their style of play from afar and for young guys at 16-21 and winners of many State titles it was,I guess, hero worship.George Best played for my club as a guest.In the 60's,during a tour of Australia, we were given by MU, club ties as promising footballers. I still have it.Im a one club man in playing and support but  hate ever enters my mind.

As a moderator,which we as posters respect, it would be positive if you would promote a better level of discussion on this forum.Over the last few days I have been asked  what nationality am I ? whats next ? 

I have tried to encourage many people to join this forum,they take a look at the content,the personal abuse and the ramblings of people like ES and ask "why would you bother? 'You have access to user numbers I would suggest many previous ,respected posters with something to offer have moved on. The level of some discussion, is not banter, banter contains humour not child like rhetoric or mumbo jumbo language

I have other things to do,like writing my clubs history for publishing so i will wander off still wondering where you are born,or lived, has anything to do with those of us were following our families decisions and just enjoy the game

19 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

BJ

My previous impression,s of you are of a normal sensible person,after reading this c**p it is now obvious that your just like all the other "bitter Blue,s" sad really :sad: