Manchester United

redrus

21 minutes ago, nev said:

Great win that, Could that be José's Mark Robbins moment and our season will kick on from here.

Well seeing Sanchez sitting on the bench and can't get in the first 11 at a team bereft of ideas or creativity is highly amusing to me.

Rashford and Martial....oh and the great Pogba....hilarious stuff.

Benitez has probably kicked Ashley's head in already.

3 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Never too early for excuses....well played Bobby! :w00t:

I'm not sure what you are on about, but having a lad from Wythenshawe refereeing a United match just shouldn't happen. Young dislocated his shoulder hand balling that free kick.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BangrakBob said:

I'm not sure what you are on about, but having a lad from Wythenshawe refereeing a United match just shouldn't happen. Young dislocated his shoulder hand balling that free kick.

Irony dear boy....its a Man Utd trait when the chips are down is it not?

33 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

It's a sad moment when you realise all those so called United fans are tucked up asleep in bed. Barring Rick the mop of course.

No we are still here.Never not finished watching a game in my life whether at the ground or watching on the box since the 60's.

You remind me of that annnoying little kid at the back of the classroom,nothing to say but keep chattering away, to yourself.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, nev said:

Great win that, Could that be José's Mark Robbins moment and our season will kick on from here.

Yes Nev Thats the best thing thats happened all season United being 2-0 down, all over the place,but with time on the clock.

You then saw a team playing for the club and the fans and for once I agree with Mourinho thats what evolved. It wasnt for him its called self respect as a professional footballer.

2 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Yes Nev Thats the best thing thats happened all season United being 2-0 down, all over the place,but with time on the clock.

You then saw a team playing for the club and the fans and for once I agree with Mourinho thats what evolved. It wasnt for him its called self respect as a professional footballer.

I noticed a lot on social media calling for the head of Woodward and less so for the Portuguese.....these are long time Utd not the flash in the pan guys....some of em every away game in Europe.

What is your opinion?

7 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I noticed a lot on social media calling for the head of Woodward and less so for the Portuguese.....these are long time Utd not the flash in the pan guys....some of em every away game in Europe.

What is your opinion?

Woodward is a financial man, not a football man.  Thats fine on one side because he's increased revenues which have allowed the owners to bleed more money out of the club which appears to be what they are all about.  From a football perspective its all wrong and they need to have a director of football as a link between the manager and the board.  

I doubt the owners will want to kick out Woodward seeing as he's doing just what they want.

and all this talk of bringing back the class of '92 to run the team that has been voiced by some fans on social media is a load of old tosh as well.  Giggseh, Scholeseh, are simplly not qualified to do the job as Gary Neville found out at Valencia.

Just my two setang but theres an awful lot of silly talk flying around right now 

8 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Best football they have played in 2 years I reckon that. :laugh:

Really? What about beating City away last season after being 2 down at half time? Newcastle are pisspoor so far this season.

8 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Amazingly fortunate to have Anthony "I'm not a United fan" Taylor refereeing today. How is that even possible?

Hard to say who the worst ref in the league is but Taylor certainly in contention. Missed two handballs that would have given PKs to each team. The handball miss on Young didn't even result in a corner. Clear as day.

• Like 1

A good win in the end, but in reality beating a side which has been very poor this season does put a different slant on the celebrations IMO.

It doesn't change much..............Maureen's strange selections (McTominay forming a five-man back line last week) and his inclusion in a similar role this week; Bailleys inability to be able to be aware of defensive positioning if he doesn't have a man to mark, and constantly changing the team.

Until they "sprung into action" in the second half, I would have categorised the display as having a front line that was static and a midfield that wasn't creative, along with a backline which was very suspect.

Change is needed and it's not with Woodward – – pay Maureen off and take our chances for the rest of the season whilst scouting around for a new manager and perhaps just one or two players who can make a difference, and offload those which have proven that they are either at the end of their careers or just don't fit.

9 hours ago, nev said:

Er calm down Nev, "Great win"? They beat the bottom of the table 3-2 at home after being 2-0 down, great game yes. I was forecasting a 3-0 win for them, thought the nonsense had to end sometime.

Edited by rott
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, xylophone said:

A good win in the end, but in reality beating a side which has been very poor this season does put a different slant on the celebrations IMO.

It doesn't change much..............Maureen's strange selections (McTominay forming a five-man back line last week) and his inclusion in a similar role this week; Bailleys inability to be able to be aware of defensive positioning if he doesn't have a man to mark, and constantly changing the team.

Until they "sprung into action" in the second half, I would have categorised the display as having a front line that was static and a midfield that wasn't creative, along with a backline which was very suspect.

Change is needed and it's not with Woodward – – pay Maureen off and take our chances for the rest of the season whilst scouting around for a new manager and perhaps just one or two players who can make a difference, and offload those which have proven that they are either at the end of their careers or just don't fit.

The problem you will find is offloading the dross....as they are all on huge salaries not to mention the massive transfer fees paid for them.

6 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

The problem you will find is offloading the dross....as they are all on huge salaries not to mention the massive transfer fees paid for them.

Hmm...…You may be right on that, however surely some of the players bought quite a while back will not be on the type of wages that the later ones are?

I know that Darmian was wanted but didn't go in the end, then you have the likes of Rojo, Jones, Herrera ,Bailly and possibly Valencia, all of whom would be on good wages, but not extortionate like Sanchez.

It's all very well the manager wanting to retain a good size squad, but if those squad members do not really match up to his expectations, then he is doing no one any favours, and this seems to be the case IMO.

Anyway it was good to get a win and last night was a bit of a double celebration because not only did Utd comeback from two nil down to win the game, my beloved All Blacks won dramatically after being behind for just about all of the game.......... 

8 hours ago, carmine said:

Woodward is a financial man, not a football man.  Thats fine on one side because he's increased revenues which have allowed the owners to bleed more money out of the club which appears to be what they are all about.  From a football perspective its all wrong and they need to have a director of football as a link between the manager and the board.  

I doubt the owners will want to kick out Woodward seeing as he's doing just what they want.

and all this talk of bringing back the class of '92 to run the team that has been voiced by some fans on social media is a load of old tosh as well.  Giggseh, Scholeseh, are simplly not qualified to do the job as Gary Neville found out at Valencia.

Just my two setang but theres an awful lot of silly talk flying around right now 

Have to say I agree with most of that.

The problem is a director of football typically plays a key role in the appointment of a manager. It seems very awkward to appoint a DOF above an existing manager, especially when that manager is Mourinho. Maybe better to let the Jose era run its course before thinking about a DOF. Hopefully Woodward will have learnt his lesson and back the manager in the summer.

After it became 2-1 and Newcastle started defending too deep, I had a feeling there was a good chance Man U would get at least a draw.

I was a neutral, as I usually am for most matches, but, I actually felt bad for the Newcastle keeper. He made some really good saves.

Here is some post-match stuff. As I thought, there are lots of anti-Scholes and anti-Rio comments underneath ????