Manchester United

redrus

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I still harbour dreams of representing Scotland.

The way things are going my boots are hanging right by the front door. :biggrin:

I think you can grow some petunias in those boots Ronnie.:tongue:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I must confess that although I played right wing and was a decent crosser of the ball.....Davie Cooper was a wee bit better than me. :laugh:

but not quite as good a wee jimmy johnstone , still reckon he's the best winger ive ever seen,,  nicks it from gigsy ,,, just ,, not inc levity 

Edited by 3 minus 2

14 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I still harbour dreams of representing Scotland.

The way things are going my boots are hanging right by the front door. :biggrin:

Don't put yourself down, you could play at a much higher level!!!

• Haha 2

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/oct/14/premier-league-best-and-worst-so-far-part-two

ManU fan says "Sir Alex would win the league with these players".

Do you agree? I reckon last season Rednose would have pushed City closer, but i don't think this lot would win it last or this season.

37 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/oct/14/premier-league-best-and-worst-so-far-part-two

ManU fan says "Sir Alex would win the league with these players".

Do you agree? I reckon last season Rednose would have pushed City closer, but i don't think this lot would win it last or this season.

Not a chance. Both Scholes and Ferdinand have said recently that this current defence, whatever permutation they use would never win the title. 

He would get them closer though I believe. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Not a chance. Both Scholes and Ferdinand have said recently that this current defence, whatever permutation they use would never win the title. 

He would get them closer though I believe. 

SAF would not have been denied Alderwerield at any price is the answer to this one.

3 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

SAF would not have been denied Alderwerield at any price is the answer to this one.

Be interesting to see, if the rumours are true, how Pochettino develops Bailly should he arrive in Jan. 

He must be at a very low point. 

Edited by Kadilo

Haven't been following Man U news in the UK papers, so was surprised to get this from a friend, who like me has been a supporter for 60+ years...………….

Whether you are for or against the current Arab takeover rumour one thing I am pleased about is that yesterday SKY Sports News told the truth to the nation about the Glazer regime.  SKY sports news spelt out to the nation last night exactly what I have been saying in my posts about the Glazers for years.... The stomach sickening truth that the Glazers have taken more money out of United than the Mansours have invested into City, or Ambramovich has put in.. The Mansours have put over a billion into City,  Ambramovich has put over a billion into Chelsea .

The Glazers have taken over a billion out of United. Yes, let that sink in.....  Even then the naive United fans defending the Glazers still say, but they have backed the manager with transfer money, especially since Sir Alex left.... No they haven't backed the manager with their own money, not a penny of it. All our transfers have come out of a budget set from our year on year annual recorded profits... Last year we announced a  record revenues of 590 million and  had a nett spend in the summer once again of 50 million...  In fact the clubs annual nett spend since 2005 remains at 50 million while City's annual nett spend since 2008 is almost double that at 95 million...

The Mansours have also invested into the Stadium, a state of the art training complex and invested in the surrounding areas....  The Glazers have invested not a single penny of their own money on transfers or investment in the Stadium etc, thanks to them we are still in debt, without putting a single penny in they have taken over a billion out in debt repayments, loans for their American businesses and annual dividend payments to themselves   Yes everyone of Malcolm Glazers siblings gets paid an annual dividend, even the daughter who has never set foot in Old Trafford.  Last year they paid themselves 25 million   this year they paid themselves 30 million to compensate for the exchange rate due to Brexit... 

How can any United fan defend that behaviour. The truth is officially out there,  The Glazers are leeches...”

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Haven't been following Man U news in the UK papers, so was surprised to get this from a friend, who like me has been a supporter for 60+ years...………….

Whether you are for or against the current Arab takeover rumour one thing I am pleased about is that yesterday SKY Sports News told the truth to the nation about the Glazer regime.  SKY sports news spelt out to the nation last night exactly what I have been saying in my posts about the Glazers for years.... The stomach sickening truth that the Glazers have taken more money out of United than the Mansours have invested into City, or Ambramovich has put in.. The Mansours have put over a billion into City,  Ambramovich has put over a billion into Chelsea .

The Glazers have taken over a billion out of United. Yes, let that sink in.....  Even then the naive United fans defending the Glazers still say, but they have backed the manager with transfer money, especially since Sir Alex left.... No they haven't backed the manager with their own money, not a penny of it. All our transfers have come out of a budget set from our year on year annual recorded profits... Last year we announced a  record revenues of 590 million and  had a nett spend in the summer once again of 50 million...  In fact the clubs annual nett spend since 2005 remains at 50 million while City's annual nett spend since 2008 is almost double that at 95 million...

The Mansours have also invested into the Stadium, a state of the art training complex and invested in the surrounding areas....  The Glazers have invested not a single penny of their own money on transfers or investment in the Stadium etc, thanks to them we are still in debt, without putting a single penny in they have taken over a billion out in debt repayments, loans for their American businesses and annual dividend payments to themselves   Yes everyone of Malcolm Glazers siblings gets paid an annual dividend, even the daughter who has never set foot in Old Trafford.  Last year they paid themselves 25 million   this year they paid themselves 30 million to compensate for the exchange rate due to Brexit... 

How can any United fan defend that behaviour. The truth is officially out there,  The Glazers are leeches...”

Is from a paper or written by your friend? 

36 minutes ago, xylophone said:

The Glazers are <deleted>  But if  if they had access to sovereign wealth they might have put a billion in to United too.

Not saying Abu Dhabi have not done good things but they are not doing it for anything other than their own personal benefit. 

Edited by BangrakBob

38 minutes ago, xylophone said:

The article may be true but I wouldn’t believe anything written by Sky News, they are just as bad as anyone 

14 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Sorry Rick I don't know...………..

Like you I'm not really up to speed on the ins and outs of what the Glazers are doing. So I'm all ears.

Must say it feels like our net spend is more than 50m. If that is the case there really is no excuse for not having bought a central defender.

"I feel like people at Liverpool and Man City are looking at us [ManU] and laughing like we did at them many years ago.

"But if you look across the road, they're doing everything right. They've brought the best manager in the world in. They've brought staff in to be responsible for signing players. They have a set way of playing every week.

"Everything becomes easy for them. It becomes easy for the scout who knows that they play 4-3-3 and knows the positions of players and what they're looking to sign. It's virtually impossible for a chief scout at Man United to do the same."

Scholes believes Manchester Unitedare short of ‘a couple of real class players’ that other Premier League teams boast, and named Kevin De Bruyne, Eden Hazard and David Silva as those he wishes were at Old Trafford.

‘I do think they miss a couple of real class players that other top teams seem to have.

A link player between the midfield and the forwards. Yes, a link player and also a controlling midfield player. They’re different. The link player must have the quality to pass and create.

‘I did it a bit. I’m thinking more of a [Kevin] De Bruyne, [Eden] Hazard or David Silva.

‘We have Jesse [Lingard] who, on his day, can be that type of player, but you never really know what his best position is. Juan Mata has those type of qualities but the manager plays him wide on the right-hand side and he’s never going to have the legs to play that position.

The rest of the United team is ok. [Anthony] Martial and [Marcus] Rashford, two really talented players, they need to develop their confidence and then… it scares me that these really talented players will be sold and be brilliant for another club. I could see that happening with Martial.’

Scholes.

13 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"I feel like people at Liverpool and Man City are looking at us [ManU] and laughing like we did at them many years ago.

"But if you look across the road, they're doing everything right. They've brought the best manager in the world in. They've brought staff in to be responsible for signing players. They have a set way of playing every week.

"Everything becomes easy for them. It becomes easy for the scout who knows that they play 4-3-3 and knows the positions of players and what they're looking to sign. It's virtually impossible for a chief scout at Man United to do the same."

Scholes believes Manchester Unitedare short of ‘a couple of real class players’ that other Premier League teams boast, and named Kevin De Bruyne, Eden Hazard and David Silva as those he wishes were at Old Trafford.

‘I do think they miss a couple of real class players that other top teams seem to have.

A link player between the midfield and the forwards. Yes, a link player and also a controlling midfield player. They’re different. The link player must have the quality to pass and create.

‘I did it a bit. I’m thinking more of a [Kevin] De Bruyne, [Eden] Hazard or David Silva.

‘We have Jesse [Lingard] who, on his day, can be that type of player, but you never really know what his best position is. Juan Mata has those type of qualities but the manager plays him wide on the right-hand side and he’s never going to have the legs to play that position.

The rest of the United team is ok. [Anthony] Martial and [Marcus] Rashford, two really talented players, they need to develop their confidence and then… it scares me that these really talented players will be sold and be brilliant for another club. I could see that happening with Martial.’

Scholes.

Well, there's a player at the club called Paul Pogba, who they paid a hell of a lot of money for, who's supposed to fit that bill. The problem isn't the lack of talent at the club, although they're not totally exempt from blame for this season, but Mourinho who either gets people running through brick walls for him or the complete opposite. As he's getting older, he's becoming more cantankerous and, unfortunately for him, it doesn't take much to upset these egocentrics nowadays.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 11:59 AM, carmine said:

Sorry but Lukaku doesn't even get close to being labeled world class.  The other two are world class, just not as yet under Mourinho.

Totaly agree but just ,for interest sake checked out his goal return v games played

EVERTON 53 in 110 games, in a club that struggled most of the time he was there

BELGIUM  45 in 79 games

UNITED (to date) 20 in 42 games.

So hardly shabby but more a pile driver style than a silky touch player like Van Nistlerooy was.The chances Lukaku misses would have mostly been put away by V N.   Still no doubting his committment, will willingly chase back to clear off the line and charges after hopeless causes.He's at an age now where improvement is doubtful. I would be giving him the occasional rest and putting Sanchez at no 9 and saying do your stuff like you used to but doubt that will happen

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

The Glazers are <deleted>  But if  if they had access to sovereign wealth they might have put a billion in to United too.

Not saying Abu Dhabi have not done good things but they are not doing it for anything other than their own personal benefit. 

The Glazers are busines men not sports fans not longtime United supporters they follow the money,legtimate investment .                  Blame the people that sold the club to them ."Greed is good"

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Rooooney remember him ? Much maligned ,butt of more abuse and jokes than probably any other player in living memory however I have always admired his desire to play at 100% wherever he was.

Everton made it clear he wasnt wanted so many expected he would chase the big bucks and his farewell in China or someone like LA Galaxy.However he went to DC United, virtually unknown cellar dwellers that you would have to Google to find out even anything about them.

Rooney has almost single handedly lifted them to a play off position ie 6th place. 10 goals in 16 games and the last game a  thunderous free kick to win 1-0.I know the standard is not up to EPL but he's fit ,he's enjoying himself,the club must be overjoyed ...a good news story for once

Yeah his namesake Adam Rooney is  making a similar impact since his move from Aberdeen to Salford in  the National league and taken them to the top........and about the same drop in class 

Edited by Kadilo

1 hour ago, Sparkles said:

Rooooney remember him ? Much maligned ,butt of more abuse and jokes than probably any other player in living memory however I have always admired his desire to play at 100% wherever he was.

Everton made it clear he wasnt wanted so many expected he would chase the big bucks and his farewell in China or someone like LA Galaxy.However he went to DC United, virtually unknown cellar dwellers that you would have to Google to find out even anything about them.

Rooney has almost single handedly lifted them to a play off position ie 6th place. 10 goals in 16 games and the last game a  thunderous free kick to win 1-0.I know the standard is not up to EPL but he's fit ,he's enjoying himself,the club must be overjoyed ...a good news story for once

While i don't think it's quantifiable, i think you must read a lot different websites than me as I've  never thought of Rooney in that way and i don't recall seeing particularly anymore abuse / jokes about him than any other player. Must be perceived from a ManU fan's point of view.

Rooney was probably THE best english player and one of the top 5 players in the Premier for a 3 or 4 year period but sadly he lost his legs and then tried to reinvent himself as a midfield player - he was slightly above average midfielder at best.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

6 hours ago, Sparkles said:

He's been an absolute pleasure to watch, and I don't care if it's not top level football. 

Just now, RickG16 said:

He's been an absolute pleasure to watch, and I don't care if it's not top level football. 

Shrekhead became a top player when Ronaldo left. Bottom line though his face would not have fitted in at la galaxy and there's more of an ageing population in DC so you know he's going to be diving right in. Shrekhead granny basher.

Just now, RickG16 said:

I mean the guy had to sign for utd. Of course we would never had touched him. The cost for elastic to stretch over his head was too prohibitive anyway and he's a dirt box so it's a win win he went to utd but let's not forget why he went there. £££££££££££££££££££

1 minute ago, Rc2702 said:

I mean the guy had to sign for utd. Of course we would never had touched him. The cost for elastic to stretch over his head was too prohibitive anyway and he's a dirt box so it's a win win he went to utd but let's not forget why he went there. £££££££££££££££££££

He went to the best team in the country by a mile at that time....let's not forget that.

Great player in his day.

• Like 1

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

He went to the best team in the country by a mile at that time....let's not forget that.

Great player in his day.

He went there for a payday and then got another bumper payday and got away with murder by questioning the direction of the club. Fair play for the wages like but let's not pretend his heart was ever in it for United till ringers.