Manchester United

redrus

10 minutes ago, carmine said:

I think you could use Martial and Rashford together in a trident with Sanchez.  That could tear defenses apart.

Yes, that would certainly be worth a try, but would only work if United move the ball from the back and midfield at a much quicker pace, otherwise the front runners are static and the midfield just tend to move forward (and sideways) slowly and shut down their space.

If you look at the first half you will find everything that was wrong with United in this current season, and how many times did you see Lindelhof and others at the back opening their hands up for someone to be able to move to enable them to get a pass in, then just move it sideways, again, and again.

I like Matic, but how many times do you see him carry a ball forward and sideways for 10 or 20 m, then pass it to the very person that he should have passed it to earlier. Wasted space, wasted time and shut down the ball receiver's space.

Slow, slow buildup has traditionally never been a United style because they were always famous for their attacking flair, and now with the players they have, they should be able to replicate that again.

The second half showed just how bad United were in the first half, because it was everything that the first half wasn't.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, champers said:

United looked like a team committed to the cause. Can they make up lost ground? The games v City and Liverpool could be very interesting.

They looked better yesterday to be sure, but they only had to worry about Hazard...and still leaked 2 goals. If Chelsea had a 9 who could score a goal from time to time it might have been different. Morata is close to useless.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jellydog said:

They looked better yesterday to be sure, but they only had to worry about Hazard...and still leaked 2 goals. If Chelsea had a 9 who could score a goal from time to time it might have been different. Morata is close to useless.

Yes he is absolutely rubbish and with their chairman closing the chequebook to all but what is covered by outgoings they won't be signing anyone significant any time soon.

Great to watch I must admit.

14 minutes ago, xylophone said:

I like Matic, but how many times do you see him carry a ball forward and sideways for 10 or 20 m, then pass it to the very person that he should have passed it to earlier. Wasted space, wasted time and shut down the ball receiver's space

For the most part this season that's been his problem but I thought he was much better yesterday. Showed he can carry the ball forward and draw players in before making the pass.

Matic was great in his first few games for us. Hopefully he can go back to that level again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jellydog said:

That might be too creative for Mou, but more United fans might be clamoring for it.

Might free up Pogba too to play the way he prefers, where currently he's too restricted.  Just an opinion of course!

23 hours ago, carmine said:

I think you could use Martial and Rashford together in a trident with Sanchez.  That could tear defenses apart.

Young, quick players like Martial and Rashford operate better in space.Martial, and I've watched, every games he's played, gets bullied easily far better coming in from the flank and firing off a shot.I've been advocating for weeks Sanchez as a no 9 in place of Lukaku as a trial. Martial   Sanchez   Rashford for me.

Sanchez likes the rough and touble stuff.If you saw the game v Newcastle, where he scored the winning header, he climbed all over Martial's back to get to it.Martial would never have made that goal in fact I doubt whether he has ever scored of his head,essential ability if you want to be a striker 

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 10:15 AM, carmine said:

I agree about Young and Hazard, he did a great job and it affected Chelsea because rather than offloading early, Hazard kept holding on to the ball for too long and slowed down Chelsea's movement.  A key part of the game for me and  yes, Shaw is really back to the player he once was, although i just can't get over the new salary!!

I haven't seen anything of Dalot but he's supposed to be extremely talented.

My life long Chelsea mate was complaining about the fouling of Hazard.I reminded him that was our instructions when playing to let the  "danger man" of the opposition know you are there.Young and Matic did that and were smart enough not to repeat the offence once yellow carded. Part of the game . I have no idea why Chelsea play Morata,goes straight to the ground when touched.Maybe why Hazard is reluctant to give him the ball. If Costa had been there different story.

Shaw's salary is just the new benchmark sadly.United have a load of players closing in on contracts up. Outstanding talent in the Under 23's but far from ready.  

44 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Young, quick players like Martial and Rashford operate better in space.Martial, and I've watched, every games he's played, gets bullied easily far better coming in from the flank and firing off a shot.I've been advocating for weeks Sanchez as a no 9 in place of Lukaku as a trial. Martial   Sanchez   Rashford for me.

Sanchez likes the rough and touble stuff.If you saw the game v Newcastle, where he scored the winning header, he climbed all over Martial's back to get to it.Martial would never have made that goal in fact I doubt whether he has ever scored of his head,essential ability if you want to be a striker 

Well thats interesting because thats three of us now on here that want to see these three upfront.  And i'm still convinced United have the players to compete for top four.  Just needs them deployed correctly.

11 minutes ago, carmine said:

Well thats interesting because thats three of us now on here that want to see these three upfront.  And i'm still convinced United have the players to compete for top four.  Just needs them deployed correctly.

Would Mourinho sit Lukaku who is a loyal Mou supporter ? Hard to imagine. If he did sit him and opted for more open play it would be close to a shocker.

3 hours ago, carmine said:

Well thats interesting because thats three of us now on here that want to see these three upfront. 

Wow this is really picking up momentum. A couple of Spurs fans off an internet forum want to see a Rash, Martial and Alexis in front 3. Sure it's only a matter of time before Jose follows suit.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Wow this is really picking up momentum. A couple of Spurs fans off an internet forum want to see a Rash, Martial and Alexis in front 3. Sure it's only a matter of time before Jose follows suit.

Sometimes when you've nothing better to say it better to say nothing Rick.

But, just for you, its actually one Spurs fan and two United fans, the two being posters that do actually have something worthwhile to say.

4 minutes ago, carmine said:

Sometimes when you've nothing better to say it better to say nothing Rick.

But, just for you, its actually one Spurs fan and two United fans, the two being posters that do actually have something worthwhile to say.

I think I started it carms so its four of us. ????

15 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I think I started it carms so its four of us. ????

I personally don't think Mourinho would actually go for the idea.  He'll stick with the more functional set up.  I wouldn't mind betting Klopp would.  Don't know about you but i wouldn't want to face a United side with those three coming at us and Pogba dropped in behind.  

42 minutes ago, carmine said:

I personally don't think Mourinho would actually go for the idea.  He'll stick with the more functional set up.  I wouldn't mind betting Klopp would.  Don't know about you but i wouldn't want to face a United side with those three coming at us and Pogba dropped in behind.  

The problem with that is Sanchez form of late....get him firing and that trio would be a nightmare for the wing backs.

Only Mourinho has the brass balls to say how bad the team he has built really is

-and use it as a badge of honor!

Absolutely incredible, he's already spent over 400m and is now saying he needs a lot more to compete with the likes of Juve.  Pochettino more than matched Juve over two legs last season on a net spend of 30m.  So, how much does he need....600m, 700m?!!!!  Sometimes i think Jose just needs a good punch on head!!!????

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I see the team bus was late again. Jose even got off and walked to the ground. After much bigger nights than this at OT in the history of the club, it's pretty shocking that they can't get to the ground on time

Not exactly the right preparation for the players.  Why were they late, again?  its not like its the first time either.

43 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

After much bigger nights than this at OT in the history of the club, it's pretty shocking that they can't get to the ground on time

Just remind yourself, regularly, that your success is down to us. There is only one reason why buying a football club in Manchester was attractive for the Arabs.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

I see the team bus was late again. Jose even got off and walked to the ground. After much bigger nights than this at OT in the history of the club, it's pretty shocking that they can't get to the ground on time

Apparently they changed hotels too to be away from the main route so wasn’t expecting the same issues. 

The report I heard was that the whole area was gridlocked. The radio presenter said he left left his hotel hours before and walked otherwise he wouldnt of been on time either. 

Phil Neville was saying that the team bus needs Police assistance through the traffic but none is being given at present. 

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

Just remind yourself, regularly, that your success is down to us. There is only one reason why buying a football club in Manchester was attractive for the Arabs.

A contributing factor, but not the "only" reason. 

26 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Apparently they changed hotels too to be away from the main route so wasn’t expecting the same issues. 

The report I heard was that the whole area was gridlocked. The radio presenter said he left left his hotel hours before and walked otherwise he wouldnt of been on time either. 

Phil Neville was saying that the team bus needs Police assistance through the traffic but none is being given at present. 

This is the distance from hotel to ground...

Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 9.55.03 AM.png

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Sounds like a caravan of tuk tuks might be the answer.:tongue:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1