Manchester United

redrus

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

Based on R2D2's comments on Rooney I'm wondering how old he is because I'm guessing he didn't see Rooney in his pomp to see what a great player he was once (and I'm a City fan); for me Roomey was a notch above Gerrard and Lampard.

Anyone with a bit of nous may have noted my comment about rooney debut for united and would not need to wonder or publish stuff like that.

Just now, 3 minus 2 said:

Ibro joined arguably the biggest and best team and has done really well and as a gs center forward is outstanding BUT as a footballer .. no chance  not even on the same planet as rooney .. rooney joined a CRAP team in crisis and single handed turned their fortunes around.. go figure

I cant seem to cut and paste atm but the stats for pre and post rooney at dc are out there 

I'm shocked. The old man outshone rooney at united. Outshines him in USA has played across some of the world's best teams and pretty much carried Sweden for years and you think rooney was better. Absolute rubbish that. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Anyone with a bit of nous may have noted my comment about rooney debut for united and would not need to wonder or publish stuff like that.

Ah, but you could have seen Rooney's debut when you were 6 yrs old and had no appreciation of football. Hence my comment on your age and lack of appreciation  of Rooney in his pomp stand.

21 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Putting it v v simply for you.. gazza and rooney HAD enough of the raw talent to think they POSSIBLY could  join pele maradona messi ronaldo at that level the others thèy JUST DIDNT 

OK thats you opinion.  I confess i'm completely gobsmacked by it though!!

2 minutes ago, carmine said:

United paying Luke Shaw 190k a week now on his new contract...........unbelievable!!!

Read an article this morning where it was saying this deal will have repoccusions for many teams with players contracts coming up for renewal. They quoted your side and how difficult it will be with the likes of Alderweireld and Dier (currently on 70k I believe) when they see what they have paid Shaw, particularly Alderweireld I would imagine. 

9 minutes ago, carmine said:

OK thats you opinion.  I confess i'm completely gobsmacked by it though!!

And tbh  i'm surprised  that your choosing to argue the point given your interest in footie  gazza AND rooney in the footie world backed by fergie for want of better and his bro backed it  when i met him.. were reckoned to be .. ONCE IN GENERATION  TALENTS   greaves att the same.. those you've mentioned were amazing and luved watching them but NEVER in that league

11 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Read an article this morning where it was saying this deal will have repoccusions for many teams with players contracts coming up for renewal. They quoted your side and how difficult it will be with the likes of Alderweireld and Dier (currently on 70k I believe) when they see what they have paid Shaw, particularly Alderweireld I would imagine. 

Yes, i can see it causing problems for us too.  

11 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Its WAY WAY 2 much money . Got told by a kid that 'worked' at southampton att  that shaw was managed by his pop's and he marched into murrys office at the chavs and told him how much he wanted  apparently  got short shrift  hense him signing for utd!!  BUT IMO he's the best in the prem   at his job atm.. liverpool lad looks the part though defensively i'de still have shaw down in front of him..

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

I'm shocked. The old man outshone rooney at united. Outshines him in USA has played across some of the world's best teams and pretty much carried Sweden for years and you think rooney was better. Absolute rubbish that. 

It's a very close call between those two but I'd probably agree with you. Ibra's record, and the amount of different teams he helped to the title, is insane.

But... I would say Rooney is the better all round / team player, Ibra is the better striker. 

Contrary to what somebody (maybe you) said... IMO Rooney's best years was when Ronaldo was at United. He was better as part of the main supporting cast rather than having the pressure of being 'the main man'... I'm talking about United btw, not MLS.

Just now, 3 minus 2 said:

Its WAY WAY 2 much money . Got told by a kid that 'worked' at southampton att  that shaw was managed by his pop's and he marched into murrys office at the chavs and told him how much he wanted  apparently  got short shrift  hense him signing for utd!!  BUT IMO he's the best in the prem   at his job atm.. liverpool lad looks the part though defensively i'de still have shaw down in front of him..

Bloody hell lad you get about that's 3 times you've name dropped or heard of a mate of mate who plays golf with whatsis face who plays for... 

I once worked with Andy grays secret love child he knew fuc all about footy though to be fair

4 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

and man city.. we'll enuf said..

No it isn't actually. I'd like you to expand because City only have 1 player in the Prem League highest paid players, whereas United have 3 and Arsenal 1.

1. 1 - Alexis Sanchez.
  2. 2 - Mesut Özil. 
  3. 3 - Paul Pogba
  4. 4 - Kevin De Bruyne.
  5. 5 - Romelu Lukaku. 

56 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

No it isn't actually. I'd like you to expand because City only have 1 player in the Prem League highest paid players, whereas United have 3 and Arsenal 1.

1. 1 - Alexis Sanchez.
  2. 2 - Mesut Özil. 
  3. 3 - Paul Pogba
  4. 4 - Kevin De Bruyne.
  5. 5 - Romelu Lukaku. 

Agree with this....also you have the most consistent performer of the five.

Nevertheless I hope his recovery is going badly. :biggrin:

18 minutes ago, carmine said:

Quite impressed with United in the second half.  By far the best i've seen for them so far and reasons to be positive.  Cruel to concede a goal so late but probably a fair result over ninety minutes.  

Martial looked very sharp indeed.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Martial looked very sharp indeed.

Haha and i didn't mention him and you know i'm a fan!!  Clinical finish and he certainly doesn't look like a player low on confidence.

The way United played,  the second half in particular,  was far more important than dropping what looked like three points.

4 minutes ago, carmine said:

Haha and i didn't mention him and you know i'm a fan!!  Clinical finish and he certainly doesn't look like a player low on confidence.

The way United played,  the second half in particular,  was far more important than dropping what looked like three points.

Yes recent games have shown they can perform as a unit.

I thought the chavs looked very decent too....both sides played well and deserved a point each.

What I'd do is get Lukaku out of there and play Rashford and Martiaal up front with Sanchez supporting them....Lukaku should still be playing for Everton IMHO.

4 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Yes recent games have shown they can perform as a unit.

I thought the chavs looked very decent too....both sides played well and deserved a point each.

What I'd do is get Lukaku out of there and play Rashford and Martiaal up front with Sanchez supporting them....Lukaku should still be playing for Everton IMHO.

Exactly playing with Lukaku up front is hindering us, Yes he will score goals if served on a plate.

Martial up top with Sanchez and Rashford for me.

5 minutes ago, nev said:

Exactly playing with Lukaku up front is hindering us, Yes he will score goals if served on a plate.

A much more Utd way really....a lump of a target man has never really been your style....more of a chav obsession.

30 minutes ago, nev said:

All day long for me too (if Sanchez could forget about his weekly salary and remember he's a footballer) 

United second half gave glimpses what most of us know is required go direct and with pace.Taken a while to sink in. Didn't look like a team that was not playing for the manager and more importantly the club. I hope the Daily Mirror journo who said that Mourinho would be sacked after the Newcastle game,win ,lose or draw was still wiping egg off his face.

Young did a remarkable job on Hazard ,mostly closed him down and Chelsea don't pose a huge threat without Hazard pulling the strings

Shaw also looked more confident than I have ever seen him,new contract hasn't hurt. I hope to see him and Dalot sewing up the full back positions long term.Watch videos of Dalot and you will see his potential. Mata also has had a good game calm and creative.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

United second half gave glimpses what most of us know is required go direct and with pace.Taken a while to sink in. Didn't look like a team that was not playing for the manager and more importantly the club. I hope the Daily Mirror journo who said that Mourinho would be sacked after the Newcastle game,win ,lose or draw was still wiping egg off his face.

Young did a remarkable job on Hazard ,mostly closed him down and Chelsea don't pose a huge threat without Hazard pulling the strings

Shaw also looked more confident than I have ever seen him,new contract hasn't hurt. I hope to see him and Dalot sewing up the full back positions long term.Watch videos of Dalot and you will see his potential. Mata also has had a good game calm and creative.

I agree about Young and Hazard, he did a great job and it affected Chelsea because rather than offloading early, Hazard kept holding on to the ball for too long and slowed down Chelsea's movement.  A key part of the game for me and  yes, Shaw is really back to the player he once was, although i just can't get over the new salary!!

I haven't seen anything of Dalot but he's supposed to be extremely talented.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Martial is a striker not a winger, last 2 games have proved that.

Smalling has actually been something of a rock this season!

Overall a good performance, we just need to start games better.

End of the First  half I was thinking you had gone backwards again following the Newcastle game. Lukaku 7 only touches! But to be fair second half looked the more dangerous and played with far greater pace. 

27 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Martial is a striker not a winger, last 2 games have proved that.

Smalling has actually been something of a rock this season!

Overall a good performance, we just need to start games better.

I think you could use Martial and Rashford together in a trident with Sanchez.  That could tear defenses apart.

7 minutes ago, carmine said:

I think you could use Martial and Rashford together in a trident with Sanchez.  That could tear defenses apart.

That might be too creative for Mou, but more United fans might be clamoring for it.