British Embassy "Confirmation Of Income Letter" For Visa Extension

Am I correct in assuming that the letter of Income Confirmation needs to be in Thai rather than English.

I ask because in Thai it costs 3,500 baht but in English only 2250 baht.

From the Embassy website.

Part II: Notarial and related matters

• 2(i) Preparing any single certificate, declaration or document not listed elsewhere in this table: in English - £45 (2,250 THB)

• 2(ii) Preparing any single certificate, declaration or document not listed elsewhere in this table: in Thai - £70 (3,500 THB)

Many thanks

The Confirmation of Income letter I used at Korat Immigration is written in English.

They just look at the income amount and calculate if it equates to sufficient Baht.

English is fine, but it need to be accompanied with a certified translation . Certified by your embassy.

The Confirmation of Income letter I used at Korat Immigration is written in English.

They just look at the income amount and calculate if it equates to sufficient Baht.

English is fine, but it need to be accompanied with a certified translation . Certified by your embassy.

Not in most offices...which office did this happen?

Always received mine in English and have never been required to have it translated to Thai.

I believe English is fine for the income letter but it would be good if the embassy confirms your income in Baht vs. pounds.

Unfortunately the embassy will only confirm the UK income in GBP.

Immigration will do a GBP/THB conversion only when you physically apply and it will at that time on that day.

The embassy cannot quote an exchange rate as it will vary from day to day up or down.

I believe English is fine for the income letter but it would be good if the embassy confirms your income in Baht vs. pounds.

Unfortunately the embassy will only confirm the UK income in GBP.

Immigration will do a GBP/THB conversion only when you physically apply and it will at that time on that day.

The embassy cannot quote an exchange rate as it will vary from day to day up or down.

I just include a downloaded copy of my bank's exchange rates from the previous day with my application.

If doing it by post, current charge for Embassy letter 2,350 baht (2,250 + 100 return postage EMS)

It would be nice if the Embassy (or in this case the Consulate in Pattaya) stuck to English instead of breaking into Latin. Although I presented my figures to them broken down into monthly amounts, on the basis that the requirement is to show an income in excess of 65,000baht a month, they gave me a letter saying my income was x pounds "per annum". The IO at Maptaphut looked at the letter, gave a puzzled frown, and then asked me what my income was. I produced my own summary, with the relevant monthly figures and total highlighted in red, which he accepted without further question.

Next year I will make it clear to the Consulate how I want the letter worded. I'm paying for it after all, and their only real function is verification of the source of my figures.

Sticking to pure, unadulterated English is going to be very difficult, given the fact that much of the English language is derived from Latin and some terms used in English are pure Latin, of which "per annum" is one. For reference, see

Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary & Thesaurus

Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary

Even writing "per year" would be half Latin, since "per" is pure Latin. By all means, give the local consulate your own proposal for the text next year.

think your getting confused there mate,the letter is in english,with the amount of income achieved in the last financial year in sterling,immagration do a quick calculation on exchange rate of the day.

i see in my letter this year the cousulate broke my information down in to a monthly income as well as a yearly income figure,and also itimised each source of income by name and company.proving she checked it i presume??.

I would check the letter if it is issued from the Consulate in Jomtein, they put a dis-claimer on it saying they can not guarantee the accuracy of the supporting documents for income. I almost came unstuck at the Thai Consulate in Kota Bharu as the would not accept that letter as proof of income.

That letter is for Thai Immigration inside Thailand to use for extensions of stay - not for a Consulate to issue a visa - no such letter is required for a normal visa issue but a Consulate may ask for proof of a bank deposit to issue a multi entry. Why did the Consulate require proof of income? Or did you provide thinking they would require and then it became an issue?