Emirates A380 Business Class

prefabs

Came in on an EK A380 yesterday. First time upstairs in one of these monsters. Looks very nice, but the seats have been made in such a way that they are not very comfortable. Loads of room available up there, each row has only 4 seats, but just the seat design is very poor and uncomfortable when lying down.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, good privacy and lots of places to put your stuff, but sitting down cannot stretch your legs straight out without putting them up and in the hole in the seat in front of you, which for me at least is not comfortable. I definitely prefer the old style seats.

The private cabins in first have plenty of leg room I found. biggrin.png

biggrin.png Yes I found all the rose petals and zips were most inconvenient, but someone had to suffer!

Singapore BC for me was most comfortable but seeing they dont fly out of Glasgow , Emirates minus the petals were most agreeable.tongue.png

sia-a380-1st-class-cabin-rose-petals.JPG

Edited by edwinclapham

I found the seat in Business Class to be a complete waste of money. I was in it for about 30 minutes total.

It was far more comfortable standing at the bar for 5 hours.

Just sayin'

Ps Eddie, we now have First Class flights from Glasgow, twice a day, with Emirates.

• Like 1

The first class suites with access to a shower for 5 minutes look really nice if you can afford it.

I can confirm that the suites and showers are indeed really very nice.

I fly with this whale two times a month in business class between Dubai and Bangkok and luckily i'm upgraded to first on a regular basis.

One time an Thai stewardess asked me if she had to show how the shower worked on the plane, after my big smile i said yes please but she did not agree to what i had in mind.

But i agree that the business class seat is to narrow to sleep comfortable but i have to admit that i don't really care as i like to private space more and the bar off-course.

I found the seat in Business Class to be a complete waste of money. I was in it for about 30 minutes total.

It was far more comfortable standing at the bar for 5 hours.

Just sayin'

Ps Eddie, we now have First Class flights from Glasgow, twice a day, with Emirates.

That is a result Blether... when I was living in Scotland Glasgow - Perth with Emirates was so convenient for me. Of course the chauffeur driven car is a huge plus. A great airline!

I doubt my funds would stretch as far as 1st class unless it was being paid for but it sure as hell; looks wonderful lol.

I have gone over to Singapore Airlines now and business class is also great. Also handy having a Singapore Airlines Credit card affiliated to your airmiles etc etc.

The first class suites with access to a shower for 5 minutes look really nice if you can afford it.

I fly with this whale two times a month in business class between Dubai and Bangkok and luckily i'm upgraded to first on a regular basis.

One time an Thai stewardess asked me if she had to show how the shower worked on the plane, after my big smile i said yes please but she did not agree to what i had in mind.

But i agree that the business class seat is to narrow to sleep comfortable but i have to admit that i don't really care as i like to private space more and the bar off-course.

Food is however poor in First Class. The lounge at Dubai though is the best i have ever experienced. Huge place!

Food is however poor in First Class. The lounge at Dubai though is the best i have ever experienced. Huge place!

I don't see much difference between the first and business class food on Emirates.

Quality wise it is almost the same, but on a night flight i don't really care.

Lounge is indeed very nice.

I loved the A380 in Business Class with Emirates... you do need to check your seat allocation though.... some are better/more convenient than others.... but as an experience.... WOW!!!!!!

Edited by tolsti

OP so you prefer economy class then

I was upgraded to business on a flight with them ( only way i ever get to fly business ) and i though it was bloody fantastic, but i am just a mere pheasant.

• Like 1

biggrin.png Yes I found all the rose petals and zips were most inconvenient, but someone had to suffer!

Singapore BC for me was most comfortable but seeing they dont fly out of Glasgow , Emirates minus the petals were most agreeable.tongue.png

Very nice indeed but for the life of me unless you are a multi millionaire why anyone would stump up £6000 plus is totally beyond me unless of course money is indeed no object.

If I was to win a major lottery tomorrow I still wouldn't go better than premium economy...??

Edited by Chivas

Very nice indeed but for the life of me unless you are a multi millionaire why anyone would stump up £6000 plus is totally beyond me unless of course money is indeed no object.

If I was to win a major lottery tomorrow I still wouldn't go better than premium economy...??

Work usually pay for my BC seats which is fair enough. I am sure for many companies it is offset against tax anyway. I certainly wouldnt turn it down if it was offered to me on a plate..

• Like 1

Cheap Charlie !!

Cheap Charlie !!

Am serious...!!

I'm 6 3 ish and I'm fine in economy as long as I have aisle seat......

If I was minted I would go premium economy on Eva in Elite but whats the point of paying thousands more for a bigger seat that I'm not going to sleep in anyway !!!

Besides If I was wedging up £5k or whatever I sure as hell wouldn't be going to sleep !! Makes me laugh when guys complain so and so isn't a full flat bed !!!

Don't be fooled by the medical profession stating jet lag is a factor to go business. No such thing as jet lag-completely in the mind.

Edited by Chivas

Posted 2012-06-07 15:06:02

Came in on an EK A380 yesterday. First time upstairs in one of these monsters. Looks very nice, but the seats have been made in such a way that they are not very comfortable. Loads of room available up there, each row has only 4 seats, but just the seat design is very poor and uncomfortable when lying down.

Oh you poor thing!! must be very hard for you

The OP is absolutely correct. The seat manufacturers have built them in a way that they have too many permutations of recline. So much so that the seat has too many joints in it, It's a bit like sleeping on the edge of a 'threepenny bit'.

Emirates are obviously well aware of this as they do offer a thinnish mattress which helps ease the discomfort a bit.

I find the Moet helps as well, especially the second bottle!

• Like 2

Probably for you but not for those sitting around you...Drinking Champers on a plane has an unfortunate side effect which is why I only drink it when flying with Mrs Ploppy...... I have head phones on so can't hear how loud the escape of built up gas is...Have a blanket around to keep the smells in......and all I do anyway is cast an accusatory glance at the sweet little sleeping bundle of hair curled up next to me.....

Now here is another thing...Mrs Ploppy has flown business class with at least 5 different airlines on long haul flights with me and STILL curls up into a ball in a space smaller than an economy class seat ...wub.png

• Like 1

Probably for you but not for those sitting around you...Drinking Champers on a plane has an unfortunate side effect which is why I only drink it when flying with Mrs Ploppy...... I have head phones on so can't hear how loud the escape of built up gas is...Have a blanket around to keep the smells in......and all I do anyway is cast an accusatory glance at the sweet little sleeping bundle of hair curled up next to me.....

Now here is another thing...Mrs Ploppy has flown business class with at least 5 different airlines on long haul flights with me and STILL curls up into a ball in a space smaller than an economy class seat ...wub.png

Flatulence is a very common occurance when flying i itself. Moet just gives the flatulence a touch of class.biggrin.png

Good One..

• Like 1

Posted 2012-06-07 15:06:02

Oh you poor thing!! must be very hard for you

And your point is? I must have missed it somewhere