England'S Official 2012 Euro Discussion Thread

mrbojangles

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Group Stages. All times are UK {Thai time in brackets}.

Monday 11th June 17:00 {23:00} - Group D France vs England (Ukraine vs Sweden 19:45)

Friday 15th June 19:45 {+1; 01:45} - Group D Sweden vs England (Ukraine vs France 17:00)

Tuesday 19th June 19:45 {+1; 01:45} - Group D England vs Ukraine (Sweden vs France 17:00)

Thanks for that. Hope you dont mind me adding the other Group D games Mr Bo

Group Stages. All times are UK.

Monday 11th June 17:00 - Group D France vs England

Friday 15th June 19:45 - Group D Sweden vs England

Tuesday 19th June 19:45 - Group D England vs Ukraine

That last game should be a good one for me, i am off to see Sek Loso that night here in khon kaen and it should be ending just as the game is about to start, and i should be well pissed by then.

Group Stages. All times are UK {Thai time in brackets}.

Monday 11th June 17:00 {23:00} - Group D France vs England (Ukraine vs Sweden 19:45)

Friday 15th June 19:45 {+1; 01:45} - Group D Sweden vs England (Ukraine vs France 17:00)

Tuesday 19th June 19:45 {+1; 01:45} - Group D England vs Ukraine (Sweden vs France 17:00)

Thanks for that. Hope you dont mind me adding the other Group D games Mr Bo

Sweden vs France on the 19th is at 19.45

Good spot. I extrapolated the pattern from the first two rounds, forgetting that there might be a desire to stage the last two deciding matches coterminously.

Perhaps Mr Bo can alter his or my post accordingly and delete the subsequent posts

Is that you cheering on the French stevie? It's the start of their national anthem isn't it?

it is boj, best national anthem in the world imo. stirring stuff.

i won't really be cheering either side on, just looking forward to what should be a fascinating match really. be happy to see the liverpool lads do well of course.

i won't really be cheering either side on,

Hard to believe.

Proof of the pudding on that i guess will be when you don't come on here gloating and revelling in England's loss, should results go that way. Can't see that not happening myself. It would be a first anyway.

Is that you cheering on the French stevie? It's the start of their national anthem isn't it?

it is boj, best national anthem in the world imo. stirring stuff.

i won't really be cheering either side on, just looking forward to what should be a fascinating match really. be happy to see the liverpool lads do well of course.

Not had a bet,Stevie? That's not like you although you still must be licking your wounds over Redknapp not getting the England job.

Hard to believe.

Proof of the pudding on that i guess will be when you don't come on here gloating and revelling in England's loss, should results go that way. Can't see that not happening myself. It would be a first anyway.

I;m surprised because i thought stevie would have blamed the English born Liverpool players aswell as the england fans for 400 years of occupation. Oh wait a minute, they're Liverpool players so that makes them different. laugh.png This anti english gloating is just so purile its unbelievable! rolleyes.gif

Enuf bickering it's getting tedious.

So whats the team gonna be? Ide go

hart

johnson terry lescott baines( it will b cole tho]

parker gerrard milner.

Downing Carroll young

Edited by rijit

This anti english gloating is just so purile its unbelievable! rolleyes.gif

I agree. It's not however that i don't agree with a lot of the bashing that goes on, like the players being egotistical over-paid knobs, or the Football Association being full of corrupt dinosaurs, or the media being full of jingoist nonsense, but it's this romantic idea that somehow in other nations things are so much different, so much better. I really don't think they are.

But bashing England and gloating our many failures is the fashionable hip thing to do these days. Saying that you love it and want it to do well is akin to standing up in class, in secondary school, and saying you love the teacher.

Hard to believe.

boring, rix. i don't think i ever gloat about england losing to be honest. though lord knows some of their uptight fans would make easy targets for getting a cheap rise out of.

Hard to believe.

boring, rix. i don't think i ever gloat about england losing to be honest. though lord knows some of their uptight fans would make easy targets for getting a cheap rise out of.

Stop stereotyping! biggrin.png

Hard to believe.

Stop stereotyping! biggrin.png

i said "some of"! ;)

Hart

Johnson

<deleted>

Lescott

Cole

Young

Parker

Gerrard

Milner

Wellbeck

Carroll

cheesy.gif

If the judge asks, let's just say it's a South American vernacular thing: people of colour are called negros, and people with the surname Terry are called <deleted>.

OK, well if i'm being boring, you are being dishonest. Not going to trawl through hundreds of pages of threads, but you know the tone of how you have reacted and responded in the past to England related stuff, and so do i. I'll leave it at that.

OK, well if i'm being boring, you are being dishonest. Not going to trawl through hundreds of pages of threads, but you know the tone of how you have reacted and responded in the past to England related stuff, and so do i. I'll leave it at that.

the occasional bit of schadenfreude maybe. a certain amount of dark pleasure when a cocky england get their comeuppance perhaps. gloating would imply that my team had beaten england and since i don't really have a national team that's never going to happen.

i think if you look back at my posts about england ahead of this euros i've actually been quite positive and complementary about them. think they might, with a fair wind, surprise a few people. it'll be tedious to watch but it might just be effective.

the occasional bit of schadenfreude maybe. a certain amount of dark pleasure when a cocky england get their comeuppance perhaps. gloating would imply that my team had beaten england and since i don't really have a national team that's never going to happen.

i think if you look back at my posts about england ahead of this euros i've actually been quite positive and complementary about them. think they might, with a fair wind, surprise a few people. it'll be tedious to watch but it might just be effective.

Not sure where you get the cocky thing from. All the England fans i know seem to spend the whole time saying how crap we are. Cockiness i normally associate with those who think their team is the dog's <deleted>. Don't know of any England fan who thinks this way. Perhaps our expectation at thinking we should be beating countries of a "lesser" footballing nation might give the impression of cockiness, but that is no different from a Liverpool supporter thinking something is wrong if you aren't beating a Wolves or a Wigan, or a Belgium supporter thing there is something wrong if they aren't beating Luxembourg... and that's not cockiness to me, not unless there is no respect for the other side.

As for your positive and complimentary words about England prior to this competition, yes i have noticed them. It's a familiar chestnut to me. Talk a team you don't like up before they play, and then on the off-chance they do play well, you look the smart one who knew it all along, and if they play crap (as is more probable in this instance) you can still enjoy your bit of "schadenfreude". All bases covered so to speak. thumbsup.gif

There is usually a high expectation of England as the EPL is considered the best in the world and, on paper, we often have the best team. But as a team we then often underperform which is why I have high hopes this year, lamest team we've put out for a long time so may well surprise everyone!

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App