England'S Official 2012 Euro Discussion Thread

mrbojangles

Germans are always whining about England. Last tournament it was Beckenbauer whingeing about England's long ball game. Can't understand given how dominant they are that they deign to comment.

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Germans are always whining about England. Last tournament it was Beckenbauer whingeing about England's long ball game. Can't understand given how dominant they are that they deign to comment.

Oh yes, that's right. Had forgotten about that.

As for the Germans always whining about England... be quicker and easier to state who isn't always whining about England. Even the bloody English are always whining about England. biggrin.png

It's probably as much UK press asking them and then them commenting

Blame it on the UK press?

Journalists can only ask questions. They can't make anyone give a certain type of answer, nor can they stop people saying "no comment".

So there is talk of Carrol starting, i think that is a very positive move, but to drop the OX and not milner whats that about? don't know who is going to deliver the crosses from the right wing, young on the left will be ok but the right side is weak for me.

Anyway good luck England tonight!!.

So there is talk of Carrol starting, i think that is a very positive move, but to drop the OX and not milner whats that about? don't know who is going to deliver the crosses from the right wing, young on the left will be ok but the right side is weak for me.

Anyway good luck England tonight!!.

Playing 2 recognized strikers and Young out wide sounds like a good idea to me. Milner was far more successful at linking up with the front 2 than Ox in the French game.

Mind you Hodgson wasnt exactly sounding attack minded on the box last night. He spoke of England making 'better use of their counter attacks' against Sweden.

Where can i watch the footie on line, anyone know of a decent live stream.

Rgds.

Have a look on the early pages of the thread in the Football Forum "Euro 2012 ... What Channels Are Showing It". If you can't find an answer there, then post the same question.

Theres seems to be a lot of debate about Gerrard on here. Tactically he is being played too deep. he's far moe threatening further up and has goals in him, which baring in mind how weak we are upfront without Rooney would be a very useful asset.

I also think as i said before he fully justifies the decision to be made captain and was imho the England man of the match.

That was a very good result for us and now we have to go all out to win against sweden which won't be east. If we can score first i hope we don't sit back and let them come at us. i would though like to see him beef up the midfield.

Whilst i don't agree that Gerrard should be playing advanced, i do completely agree with the decision for him to be captain. Should in my opinion have been given that job a long time ago, not just from a tactical standpoint either. Had some dark days getting behind a team captained by such a tosser. It's a relief they are over.

Would that be the tosser that just won a champions league medal and as captain of the Champions league winners.

Theres seems to be a lot of debate about Gerrard on here. Tactically he is being played too deep. he's far moe threatening further up and has goals in him, which baring in mind how weak we are upfront without Rooney would be a very useful asset.

I also think as i said before he fully justifies the decision to be made captain and was imho the England man of the match.

That was a very good result for us and now we have to go all out to win against sweden which won't be east. If we can score first i hope we don't sit back and let them come at us. i would though like to see him beef up the midfield.

Whilst i don't agree that Gerrard should be playing advanced, i do completely agree with the decision for him to be captain. Should in my opinion have been given that job a long time ago, not just from a tactical standpoint either. Had some dark days getting behind a team captained by such a tosser. It's a relief they are over.

Would that be the tosser that just won a champions league medal and as captain of the Champions league winners.

Yes thats right, the tosser that didn't play in the final.wink.png

That would be the tosser who didn't play in the Champion's League Final because he blatantly knee'ed a bloke from behind, got red carded, and then said that it wasn't how it looked, that he simply ran into the guy.

So back to the football, am i the only one who thinks playing Caroll would be a backward step and just lead to the long ball up the middle tactic ? am not sure he could hold the ball up any better than Welbeck and i believe the united man is much more mobile along the front line.

• Like 1

So back to the football, am i the only one who thinks playing Caroll would be a backward step and just lead to the long ball up the middle tactic ? am not sure he could hold the ball up any better than Welbeck and i believe the united man is much more mobile along the front line.

I agree with him playing. He's an inform player who will suit our "gameplan"

You've never beaten them in a competitive game.

In case any of you had forgotten that statistic.....

And......?

Given this is the worst England squad in living memory....biggrin.png

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Thaivisa Connect App

Lets see how we end up this tournament before we get all excited. I seem to remember you rated the Dutch smokes and you also thought the French would be too much for us!

Please give your next prediction of a swedish win!

PS Hows your linesmen doing? Is he having a good tourno? laugh.png

And......?

not sure about the worst, Graham Taylor picked some shockers , but it's certainly up there smile.png As for never beating the Swede's in competition, there is a first time for everything......i hope.

and if that is Caroll in form I would hate to see him have a shocker....same as Milner, would not get in me Sunday side.biggrin.png

• Like 1

Journalists can only ask questions. They can't make anyone give a certain type of answer, nor can they stop people saying "no comment".

They can be selective on the type of question they ask and how it is phrased. They're expert at fishing for the type of answer they want, and then selectively printing the bits that cause the greatest stir.

And......?

Surely Carlton Palmer would be in our worst ever squad!

John Fashanu was the worst player i've ever seen play for england

You're right Wellbeck was mobile and ran the channels and tried to get in behind the defenders, But he didnt have the strength to hold the ball effectively and bring others into play enuf, imo he didnt cause the French any major issues. since carroll has been at Liverpool, Its taken a while in showing and probably affected his confidence slightly on the way ,but they've defo improved his work rate and improved his touch and, imo, now its showing, i would have liked to have seen him on against france and given the c/bs a more physical game,imo the french can handle technique well but a muscular c/f getting at them and his aerial abilty would have caused them probs, The swedes? well you would have thought they are more equipped to handle aerial and muscular so pacy and technique may well have been the way to go, but hey the wonder of footie how everyone has different opinions!!!

Oh and how did Scotland do in their group? oh fuc me sori lads COMPLETLY forgot they didn't qualify, never mind next time when theres 24 teams or maybe not, where were u ranked again remind me, 412? wasnt it or somewhere similar?

They can be selective on the type of question they ask and how it is phrased. They're expert at fishing for the type of answer they want, and then selectively printing the bits that cause the greatest stir.

I agree they have plenty of tricks up their sleeves, i just think it is a bit of a cop out to defend someone who says something stupid or offensive, on the basis that they only said it because of those pesky cunning journalists.