England'S Official 2012 Euro Discussion Thread

mrbojangles

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have enjoyed bigging up England today! time for a sleep now :-))))

You should try learning from Harry Redknapp.

From todays Mirror 'I wouldnt swap England's top 6 for Spains'

From last week on the BBC 'England's back 4 are as good as any team in the competition'

Yeah right. Not bad Red. I liked your keep Rooney on the bench presumably because England are so good even without him!

Anyway as far as I can see England need to improve a lot to go much further in this competition. They have got the results they hoped for but have been far from convincing in both the opening matches.

If you think about it there has been a reasonable change in mood over England's performances and chances in this competition but the odds of us winning have remained virtually unchanged at 12/1. We started this competition as likely to get into the quarters and go out facing Spain and we remain likely (but not certain) to get out of the group and go out facing Spain.

I cant see us standing much of a chance against either Spain or Germany myself. Our performance against Sweden wasnt that convincing. What I would like to see is that we go out and try and win the Group against Ukraine. Then I think we have every opportunity in the quarters against either Croatia or Italy.

Rooney should play with Welbeck upfront (Carroll being a potential impact sub). The only change to possibly consider is Young but I would probably count on him regaining his form as the alternatives are hardly inspiring.

I think Italy will bury England easily as well as the two you mention. Just my honest opinion.

Italy are absolute pants aswell smokie. better teams have already been eliminated.

Nah, Italians always up for it and well capable of surprising, to turn them a striker needs to step up,But saying that, could fancy SOI givin them a hard game 2 nite, relatively no pressure on them and 4 sure they want to give the fans something bac.

I cant see us standing much of a chance against either Spain or Germany myself. Our performance against Sweden wasnt that convincing. What I would like to see is that we go out and try and win the Group against Ukraine. Then I think we have every opportunity in the quarters against either Croatia or Italy.

Rooney should play with Welbeck upfront (Carroll being a potential impact sub). The only change to possibly consider is Young but I would probably count on him regaining his form as the alternatives are hardly inspiring.

I think Italy will bury England easily as well as the two you mention. Just my honest opinion.

Italy are absolute pants aswell smokie. better teams have already been eliminated.

Nah, Italians always up for it and well capable of surprising, to turn them a striker needs to step up,But saying that, could fancy SOI givin them a hard game 2 nite, relatively no pressure on them and 4 sure they want to give the fans something bac.

I found carms comment a bit odd to be honest...they played well against Spain for most of the game.

i'm still waiting for balotelli to really kick off this tournament. think he still might.

Reply to #334

I think all the italiens really do is just turn up. Great goal by MB though but as Stevie says he's bound to make a fool of himself soon.

Other than that i think they are boring and uninventive with no particular strengths to speak of in any department.

So, place your bets on them!!!

Reply to #334

I think all the italiens really do is just turn up. Great goal by MB though but as Stevie says he's bound to make a fool of himself soon.

Other than that i think they are boring and uninventive with no particular strengths to speak of in any department.

I did already mate. smile.png

Reply to #334

I did already mate. smile.png

What odds did you get?

Not sure what to do, stay up and watch it live , but early start tomorrow, or hope i can keep from hearing the score and watch it on expat tv's +18 channel tomorrow night. Decisions..decisions...maybe i should give Roy a call, he's done ok so far smile.png

I recommend you go to bed now, set your alarm to wake up for the game, watch the game, go back to sleep if we lose or party in the streets if we win (or draw), then go to work...

• Like 1

biggest problem i have with watching it live in a bar here is that there are so many pissed young idiot backpackers who can't handle their booze standing on tables and singing songs that eventually get them in trouble.

Not sure what to do, stay up and watch it live , but early start tomorrow, or hope i can keep from hearing the score and watch it on expat tv's +18 channel tomorrow night. Decisions..decisions...maybe i should give Roy a call, he's done ok so far smile.png

I recommend you go to bed now, set your alarm to wake up for the game, watch the game, go back to sleep if we lose or party in the streets if we win (or draw), then go to work...

The Thais at work would love me turning up half pissed, actually they probably would not notice the difference laugh.png

biggest problem i have with watching it live in a bar here is that there are so many pissed young idiot backpackers who can't handle their booze standing on tables and singing songs that eventually get them in trouble.

Where's that - Bangkok?

My problem is I get to sleep at 5, wake at 9 and spend the rest of the day on 80% or less effectiveness. Still, it'll all be over soon.

Theo fit (I still think Milner should start). Schevchenko 50/50? - I don't believe that - tactics to try to get an edge. Their manager is not fooling anyone with his attempts to do an SAF on England. 'Everyone expects England to do well and be in the final - the pressure is on them'. You're forgetting the small matter of 40,000 screaming compatriots of yours, Oleg

• Like 1

Does anyone else think Parker and Gerrard have looked tired?

I think it would be sensible to give them max 45 mins each tonight (Jones can cover).

We need them both fully fit for the knockout stages if we get there.

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

Well Theo makes for a more attacking line up. I would really like us to top the Group if only to avoid death by a thousand passes by Spain, The Spain v Croatia match was arguably the most boring of the competition. 15 attempts on goal is a pretty lousy return for 72% possession.

Edit. Deleted.

Doh, replying to something else. Flew back to Saudi today, no sleep last night. Either I've grown or the bed on the Etihad flight is 6 inches shorter than the one last week.

6 inches eh mate tongue.png

Stevie not like the old tuskers mate,some would say the backpackers enhance the atmosphere when you are in Chiangers especially inside the moat ...UN BAR.

Me i am solitary at the moment and thinking should i enter the 2/3 day exhibition of a proper English gentleman ....i have beer and would you believe it a drink from Hungary called UNICOM...Fark knows how that has ended up on the table and i have to say it tastes like <deleted>.

Vindalooooooooo!!!! biggrin.png