Barbecue Ribs

toenail

Is there a restaurant in Pattaya that serves mouth watering barbecue, smoked ribs? I have seen ribs on various menus in the city (such as Gullivers and Sizzlers) but these do not make the mark. A few years ago I went to Great American Rib Co. (Jomtien area) but I believe it is no longer there. I know in BDD, Tony Roma's is my place I go to Thanks

Edited by toenail

Try Lonestar Texas Grill, Soi Lengkee and let us know what you think.

WoW it didn't take long for that one to be mentioned.

Not surprising considering their featured dishes are BBQ meats! I have tried the ribs there. I thought were OK but am not thrilled with the side BBQ sauce. Too wimpy for me. I am not an expert on BBQ ribs so don't really know how they stack up to the competition in Thailand.

Cherries was doing an all you can eat bbq rib dinner for 270baht on friday nites...ribs are good and with a salad bar and dessert included it's good value for money. Im not sure its still on...you can always order the bbq ribs off the menu there as well.

Cherries was doing an all you can eat bbq rib dinner for 270baht on friday nites...ribs are good and with a salad bar and dessert included it's good value for money. Im not sure its still on...you can always order the bbq ribs off the menu there as well.

I make my own bbq sauce and make it myself.

Rosa Ketchup

Frenches mustard

Worstershire sauce

Thai Chicken dipping sauce

Pounded chili

Shallots (horm daeng)

Rosa ketchup because it has the least sugar. (mainly ketchup is crap to me)

Chicken dipping sauce because of the sweetness.

I like it spicy and sweet. Shallots make it nice. Vary the amounts to your liking.

Variations include garlic, smoke flavoring if you can find it.

Tony Romas is the best IMHO but yes expensive if you are in Bangkok.

Sizzler Ribs are ok but i think they are beef not pork.

Longstar Texas ribs are good and they have a special on them I think 179B but I forgot what night of the week it falls on.

On Soi LK metro there is a cart called "Fred Ribs" and they are very good, but togo only and this is the only thing he sells. 150b for 6 ribs. They are take away only.

Given up trying to find good quality ribs ....I now buy rack of rids from Makro ......Pre boil them with onions,carrot,celery and some herbs & spice(until tender).......make up your own BBQ sauce ....then throw them on the BBQ with some hickory wood chips (if you have them for added flavour) cook and smoother with the BBQ sauce 10 before serving .....preferred accompaniment good friend .ice cold beer all sat round my pool ...it don't get much better than that .

I also like the ribs at Tequila Reef. The meat is almost falling off the bone and the barbeque sauce is fine for my taste. They also offer a "Rib Sampler" in their appetizer section for anyone who needs to verify the quality before ordering the ribs as a main course.

Unfortunately the free chips and salsa on arrival that someone mentioned in a previous post are now a thing of the past. There is a sign on all the tables informing you that this has stopped due to increasing costs and if you would like them they are 40 Baht. I applaud them for at least letting their customers know that they no longer offer them.

yes, that's a good option.

good BBQ ribs are hard to find in Pattaya, and as I am a bit of a BBQ ribs fetishist, I've tried ribs in more than 12 locations where they were on the menu.

The problem is that good BBQ ribs should be made fresh and BBQed for hours before serving, but none of the places have nearly enough volume to be able to do this - so all ribs are warmed up.

I had a chance to taste the "Great American Rib" ribs about a year before it was shut, but the performance was disappointing.

The 4 best places were:

- Lone Star soi Lengkee

- café New Orleans soi 13/4

- Food Wave (food center) on top of Royal Garden Mall

- Sizzler (yeah, you say they are not good there, but still better than at the 8 other places I tried)

Edited by manarak
  • Like 1

I think they were offering free chips and salsa through FreePlayO or something.

Oh yes they are :-)

Tequila Reef continue to offer that promotion through FreePlayo in addition to their great food vouchers. You need to print out their FreePlayo promo or show it on your smart phone when you order a meal or a margarita to get the chips and salsa.

yes, that's a good option.

good BBQ ribs are hard to find in Pattaya, and as I am a bit of a BBQ ribs fetishist, I've tried ribs in more than 12 locations where they were on the menu.

The problem is that good BBQ ribs should be made fresh and BBQed for hours before serving, but none of the places have nearly enough volume to be able to do this - so all ribs are warmed up.

I had a chance to taste the "Great American Rib" ribs about a year before it was shut, but the performance was disappointing.

The 4 best places were:

- Lone Star soi Lengkee

- café New Orleans soi 13/4

- Food Wave (food center) on top of Royal Garden Mall

- Sizzler (yeah, you say they are not good there, but still better than at the 8 other places I tried)

Among the other places I tried were:

- Shenanigans

- Tequila Reef

- Bob's BBQ (closed)

- Big horn steakhouse

the rest I forgot...