Thai Expat Tv Forum Sponsers

MrRed

Well Mr Red I understood from the title and op exactly what you meant, but have no idea if what they are offering at Expat tv is legal. I stream Football from many different sites and they are often taken down during the matches due to copyright violations. I doubt that Expat tv will reply to such a question on this board, so it would be better to make direct contact.

Thanks Rick ...yes i have seen your posts on this matter over the last few days!

I do the same as you and the streams are taken down or just not available and this is why i am asking if this service is going to be legit and also ongoing,i feel that a sponsor who expects my business and pushes as they have done over the last few days should also answer realistically and openly here for all to see.Why would they not reply to an honest question here??

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Mr Red I understood from the title and op exactly what you meant, but have no idea if what they are offering at Expat tv is legal. I stream Football from many different sites and they are often taken down during the matches due to copyright violations. I doubt that Expat tv will reply to such a question on this board, so it would be better to make direct contact.

Thanks Rick ...yes i have seen your posts on this matter over the last few days!

I do the same as you and the streams are taken down or just not available and this is why i am asking if this service is going to be legit and also ongoing,i feel that a sponsor who expects my business and pushes as they have done over the last few days should also answer realistically and openly here for all to see.Why would they not reply to an honest question here??

I find it strange that they replied very quickly and they also gave 24 hour support on the other threads, but they have not replied here. Maybe that answers your question. Then again maybe I am wrong?

I find it strange that they replied very quickly and they also gave 24 hour support on the other threads, but they have not replied here. Maybe that answers your question. Then again maybe I am wrong?

For anyone who comes from the UK will know, that is illegal to distribute or view BBC (british broadcasting corporation) content without a valid UK tv licence and can only be viewed within the United Kingdom...end of. (even on line)

Edited by rizla

For anyone who comes from the UK will know, that is illegal to distribute or view BBC (british broadcasting corporation) content without a valid UK tv licence and can only be viewed within the United Kingdom...end of. (even on line)

Not exactly true.!. What about BBC world service.?. I watch the news regularly in Thailand when there and also other countries.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

We are talking about the normal terrestrial channels here (the ones that TETv are relaying out), not the world service BBC and special events purchased under licence..

So make that clear when you post it avoids confusion. When you post an innacuracy expect it to be picked up on.

Oh and WE are not talking about normal terrestrial channels, YOU Were in the post I have just quoted. Infact it was I believe the first post you made on the thread when you said it"s Illegal

Maybe you should have wrote "I". Was talking about.

HTH.

Edited by MB1

Yes i agree!

OK. Since you have identified some other threads on this forum where someone from thaiexpat,tv was touting their services, may I suggest that you use the PM function that is available to you and send a PM (personal message) direct to that person. Mention your concerns and alert them to the existence of THIS thread and suggest that they make a statement on their legality, planned longevity and their refund policy. Beats the heck out of watching the paint dry on this one!

I wonder:

1. How many sponsors does Thaivisa have?
  2. How many threads are started every day?
  3. Do Thaivisa's sponsors have an obligation to read all threads to see if somebody asks them a question in a thread so that they can answer such question?

Don't know the answers to 1 or 2, but there is a simple search function which can be used to find threads. If i was a Thai visa sponsor and saw the title of this thread bringing into doubt the legitimacy of my company I would sure as hell put my case forward.

Yes i agree!

OK. Since you have identified some other threads on this forum where someone from thaiexpat,tv was touting their services, may I suggest that you use the PM function that is available to you and send a PM (personal message) direct to that person. Mention your concerns and alert them to the existence of THIS thread and suggest that they make a statement on their legality, planned longevity and their refund policy. Beats the heck out of watching the paint dry on this one!

Am I going blind? I can find no links in this thread to any posts made by a member called Thai Expat Tv or thaiexpat,tv or anything similar to that. In fact, I can find no links to any particular post in another thread, nor any link to any other thread about the subject to which MrRed is alluding here. As far as I can see, MrRed has identified nothing but he keeps blabbering on as if we all should have been reading the same posts as he apparently read from this sponsor. The biggest mystery is why MrRed is not writing directly to this sponsor, as NanLaew says.

I just raised the question of legality in another thread where the service was being touted by the sponsor.

I assume that touting this service breaks forum rules.

15) Not to use ThaiVisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, inaccurate, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law. You also agree not to post negative comments criticizing the legal proceedings or judgments of any Thai court of law.

Although there is also the inconsistency that asking if its legal or not contravenes another rule.

11) Our contracts with our advertisers prohibit comments with regard to advertisements which appear on our forums. Such comments should not be posted and will be removed. Discussion of software or other methods to block advertisements is not allowed.

It would seem to me that if the product is legal then it should be spelled out by TV here or the sponsor everywhere.

If the product is illegal then they should never have been accepted as sponsors.

• Like 1

Yes i agree!

Am I going blind? I can find no links in this thread to any posts made by a member called Thai Expat Tv or thaiexpat,tv or anything similar to that. In fact, I can find no links to any particular post in another thread, nor any link to any other thread about the subject to which MrRed is alluding here. As far as I can see, MrRed has identified nothing but he keeps blabbering on as if we all should have been reading the same posts as he apparently read from this sponsor. The biggest mystery is why MrRed is not writing directly to this sponsor, as NanLaew says.

Then I suggest that you type in GMM.

http://www.thaivisa....h&fromMainBar=1

Don't know the answers to 1 or 2, but there is a simple search function which can be used to find threads. If i was a Thai visa sponsor and saw the title of this thread bringing into doubt the legitimacy of my company I would sure as hell put my case forward.

Thanks, I got it now. Question 3 should be:

Do Thaivisa's sponsors have an obligation to search the Thaivisa forums regularly, eg at least once every 24 hours, to see if somebody asks them a question in a thread so that they can answer such question? And the answer, I gather, is that they may not have such obligation but it would be in their commercial interest to do so.

Yes i agree!

Here is the one I was referring to.

Thanks, I got it now. Question 3 should be:

Do Thaivisa's sponsors have an obligation to search the Thaivisa forums regularly, eg at least once every 24 hours, to see if somebody asks them a question in a thread so that they can answer such question? And the answer, I gather, is that they may not have such obligation but it would be in their commercial interest to do so.

On the threads that are referred to the company was replying almost instantaneously. I already stated that the company should be contacted directly, in an earlier post.

On the threads that are referred to the company was replying almost instantaneously. I already stated that the company should be contacted directly, in an earlier post.

Why? They are a sponsor here , advertising here on a forum?

It brings to question not just the sponsor but ThaiVisa also.

• Like 1

Well if you really want to bring into question Thai Visa go ahead and do so. The op was asking a legitimate question to the provider of Internet streams. Expat tv were on line to answer questions and to try to 'drum up' business in the window of opportunity that they have probably until tomorrow when I think that True will be showing the Euro's.

• Like 1

Thaivisa is free for you to use. They aren't offering you any form of contract. If you dislike the way they run the place you're free not to read it.

Thaivisa is free for you to use. They aren't offering you any form of contract. If you dislike the way they run the place you're free not to read it.

Sorry , I think you misunderstand me.

If its legal for the sake of all parties they need to shout it from the rooftops.

If it is I will probably sign up.

I am not criticizing TV , just making the point that this discussion has been going on for a while and that is not in the interests of TV.

I would suggest to you that if my post upset you enough to tell me not to read TV you are not doing TV any favors yourself and maybe forums are not for you.

May I remind you of another TV rule and your post comes close to that in my opinion.

4) Not to flame fellow members.Flaming will not be tolerated. 'Flaming' is defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended to incite useless arguments, to launch personal attacks, to insult, or to be hateful towards other members. This includes useless criticism, name-calling, swearing and any other comments meant to incite anger.

• Like 1

If its legal for the sake of all parties they need to shout it from the rooftops.

I am not criticizing TV , just making the point that this discussion has been going on for a while and that is not in the interests of TV.

I would suggest to you that if my post upset you enough to tell me not to read TV you are not doing TV any favors yourself and maybe forums are not for you.

May I remind you of another TV rule and your post comes close to that in my opinion.

4) Not to flame fellow members.Flaming will not be tolerated. 'Flaming' is defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended to incite useless arguments, to launch personal attacks, to insult, or to be hateful towards other members. This includes useless criticism, name-calling, swearing and any other comments meant to incite anger.

If this is directed at me I am not in the least upset if not must be for Endure.

Odd that this post should just pop up. Very relevant.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/561668-thaiexpattv/

Sanim if you really think the post breached rule 4 then may I suggest you grow a thicker skin and learn to take things with a pinch of salt, IMO there was nothing wrong said.

I'ts a public forum and people make replys to comments made but some people take somethings wrongly and personally and then cry foul.

If someone posts something then it's up for fair debate IMO whether you like it or not.

The old saying springs to mind.

"If you can"t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen".

coffee1.gif

That's what I thought too. The only exception is if the BBC and the other cooperation all have given their explicit consent, which is not likely as one would have heard about such a "new" big deal from their side. Also, it's not even known from the thaiexpat.tv website who is behind this operation. Neither are we told about any technical details apart from IPTV...

Edited by Morakot