Thai Expat Tv Forum Sponsers

MrRed

I would like to know what are the legalities concerned with this ?

Is it legal or not?

Regards.

ps seen as you are a sponsor on Thai Visa i should think everything is kosher yes???

Before i part with my money for your service i would like a clarification on this!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't understand the legalities of streaming from another country then fair doos mate

Sales staff will say it is legal!

I am asking directly here as they are sponsors it is always good to get the answer from the horses mouth as such.

Edited by MrRed
  • Like 1

To me it is very obvious.

But who knows if a business is advertising on THAI VISA then maybe they have a way to bypass this??

Only asking because it seems like a great service on the website! but i do not want to be stuffed down the line if you know what i mean ;-)

there was another one running couple off months ago called uktv it was a little better than whats on offer now ,they were running test transmiisions for a good 6 months then 1 month after they started charging people they run into problems and shut the sysytem down fair play to them though they did issue refunds

i do find it a bit strange that they have become forum sponsors when normally we are not allowed to discuss lets say ways off beating the system...

you hav not really got any to lose if you just download the software for whatever price it is ,however buying the box may be a bit riskier who knows.

Edited by taninthai

there was another one running couple off months ago called uktv it was a little better than whats on offer now ,they were running test transmiisions for a good 6 months then 1 month after they started charging people they run into problems and shut the sysytem down fair play to them though they did issue refunds

i do find it a bit strange that they have become forum sponsors when normally we are not allowed to discuss lets say ways off beating the system...

The company that did it before is the reason i am asking the questions now on the open forum,with them being sponsors it is nice to know that they are willing to honor any agreement one will enter into!

Thank you for understanding the line of thought i have....and heavy drinker as i stated before ,you call customer service you get answers that they want you to hear yes?

Again it would be nice to hear from the lad that is doing it here and what is the legalities of it

Edited by MrRed

If you don't understand the legalities of streaming from another country then fair doos mate

Sales staff will say it is legal!

I am asking directly here as they are sponsors it is always good to get the answer from the horses mouth as such.

I feel like we don't speak the same language. What does "fair doos" mean?

And nowhere do I see you asking anything about streaming - what, do you mean video?

It seemed to me you were asking if sponsoring TV's forums was legal?

I still don't know what your question is, so it's likely others are also in the dark.

Please explain like we're five years old.

Edit - just realized the problem might be that I don't get to see any advertising on the web since my browser blocks all that. . .

Edited by BigJohnnyBKK

Read the first post.

Also if you do not understand the legal issues here please refrain from posting,i am trying to get a clear answer from the team and if i am to be paying 8.000 baht want to understand that everything is OK!

My question is very clear so please do not interfere!

Edited by MrRed

Understood.

I am asking that if i paid the 8.000 baht and became a member what are the assurances that the streaming from the company is legit?

I hope that is clear now.....obviously THAI VISA would not take on a new sponsor without looking at the facts.

All i am asking is there any problem that this could go down the same route as the last company that tried it? and as the main man was all over thai visa yesterday it would be good to get a answer about this from him ;-)

MB1

https://www.thaiexpat.tv/free_trial.php

Edited by MrRed

It is illegal, but if they stick to the terrestrial tv channels, they will probably get away with it. But if they add satellite/cable channels such as Sky, which they have mentioned in another post, they will most probably come unstuck: Rupert Murdoch and his legal team have a past record of going after offenders - big or small. Personally, any such paid for service that doesn't offer cable channels and epl football, isn't worth having. i am very surprised that Thai Visa have allowed the company to be sponsors.

Got you now Mr Red, your talking about a sponsor on TV who is advertising Thai Expat TV on TV.

That cleared that little muddle up, but if would help when starting a thread to be more informative as to what your actually on about in the OP, and also when asking questions like this would it not have been better to send a PM to admin or put it in the forum support desk.

You just confused a few of us Mr Red. anyway have a nice day and I hope you find out the answers to your question.

• Like 2

There is no link between the UKTV service that was suspended by the operators back in April and thaiexpat.tv who are the forum sponsors that the OP is talking about.

UKTV provided legal streaming video access to several UK television channels and voluntarily suspended their services due to a possible conflict of interest with agreements between certain UK channels and certain Thai distributors. As mentioned, they provided refunds to subscribers as the suspension came very shortly after they initiated paid subscriptions.

thaiexpat.tv is a totally different company offering similar services as to those once provided by UKTV.

The OP is concerned that if he subscribes pays for the thaiexpat.tv service, can he be guaranteed that the service is legal and that it will not be suspended or canceled with loss of monies. However, asking a forum sponsor via a forum thread seems a very obtuse way of getting the answers he needs since not everyone on this forum is a Brit or even interested in Brit TV.

• Like 1

mb1

This is an open forum that you should be able to get the answers from the sponsors on yes?

If i asked TV admin it would be the same as asking the company's sales department.

• Like 1

I think I've figured it out.

There is a company called 'Thai Expat TV' (the TV stands for television - not to be confused with ThaiVisa).

This company offers a service - "Watch UK TV in Thailand".

The company is (according to the OP) a sponsor of TV (ThaiVisa).

The OP is asking the company, through this thread, whether everything is legal and above board.

EDIT: dam_n, I'm going to have to learn to type faster - 4 more replies since I started this one.

Edited by chickenslegs

Read the first post.

Also if you do not understand the legal issues here please refrain from posting,i am trying to get a clear answer from the team and if i am to be paying 8.000 baht want to understand that everything is OK!

My question is very clear so please do not interfere!

who is this team you speak of? when do they play? I'll bet they wont be broadcast live on true

Edited by tinfoilhat

"However, asking a forum sponsor via a forum thread seems a very obtuse way of getting the answers he needs since not everyone on this forum is a Brit or even interested in Brit TV. "

I would like to ask in the open from the guy that was bigging the sales bit up yesterday,no big deal.

I am sorry if this just concerns the British members among us.

mb1

This is an open forum that you should be able to get the answers from the sponsors on yes?

If i asked TV admin it would be the same as asking the company's sales department.

Yes Mr Red point taken on board, and as we have now discovered with a little help from contributors to the forum who the actual sponsor is that your talking about, then maybe the sponsor or a spokesperson of Expat Thai TV will come forward and supply answers to questions asked by you.

Hope they are more helpful than you were with regards to your opening OP which was confusing to some as we had no idea who you were talking about.

HTH.

Edited by MB1

I think I've figured it out.

There is a company called 'Thai Expat TV' (the TV stands for television - not to be confused with ThaiVisa).

This company offers a service - "Watch UK TV in Thailand".

The company is (according to the OP) a sponsor of TV (ThaiVisa).

The OP is asking the company, through this thread, whether everything is legal and above board.

EDIT: dam_n, I'm going to have to learn to type faster - 4 more replies since I started this one.

Well done chicken you have caught up.clap2.gif

mb1

Yes Mr Red point taken on board, and as we have now discovered with a little help from contributors to the forum who the actual sponsor is that your talking about, then maybe the sponsor or a spokesperson of Expat Thai TV will come forward and supply answers to questions asked by you.

Hope they are more helpful than you were with regards to your opening OP which was confusing to some as we had no idea who you were talking about.

HTH.

Sorry about that.

No problem Mr Red, and thank you for apology. If only more on Thai Visa learnt that it aint hard to apologise.

As some of the TV cricket team/thread would say, "That's cricket for ya".

Got you now Mr Red, your talking about a sponsor on TV who is advertising Thai Expat TV on TV.

There is no link between the UKTV service that was suspended by the operators back in April and thaiexpat.tv who are the forum sponsors that the OP is talking about.

AHA! Thanks to you all for clearing that up, the OP really had no indication of the actual topic of his question AFAICT.

I would like to ask in the open from the guy that was bigging the sales bit up yesterday,no big deal.

Again, not sure of language here, what does "bigging the sales bit up" mean? Never seen "to big" used as a verb, and have never seen this topic ever discussed anywhere on this web site.

I can't imagine anyone is going to be able to provide a definitive answer on the legalities and how this will affect the company and the services they provide in the future.

It sounds like a good service though.

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

Well Mr Red I understood from the title and op exactly what you meant, but have no idea if what they are offering at Expat tv is legal. I stream Football from many different sites and they are often taken down during the matches due to copyright violations. I doubt that Expat tv will reply to such a question on this board, so it would be better to make direct contact.