How To Put The Djinn Back In The Bottle?

necronx99

get outta here! Thailand needs cricket like a hole in the head and I quit looking at that stupid thread as the English, trying to be clever with their stupid, silly humor, just make fools of themselves...

I've been at bat facing pitchers with high speed fastballs all my life an' I don't need no advice in that regard...just head out to the mound with your bat when they mess with you and spit tobacco juice and say: 'what you tryin' to do, asshol_e?...' fergit the stinkin' tea and cucumber sandwiches...

Irony. Along with sarcasm, the basis of English humour. Totally lost on most of our American chums. Saying '...NOT!' is not sarcasm.

Serious note? Fix the bike it maybe ridden by a child and the power boards as you may save someone from a shock and say that the electronic stuff is beyond you. Help the community , save face.

get outta here! Thailand needs cricket like a hole in the head and I quit looking at that stupid thread as the English, trying to be clever with their stupid, silly humor, just make fools of themselves...

I've been at bat facing pitchers with high speed fastballs all my life an' I don't need no advice in that regard...just head out to the mound with your bat when they mess with you and spit tobacco juice and say: 'what you tryin' to do, asshol_e?...' fergit the stinkin' tea and cucumber sandwiches...

Irony. Along with sarcasm, the basis of English humour. Totally lost on most of our American chums. Saying '...NOT!' is not sarcasm.

Serious note? Fix the bike it maybe ridden by a child and the power boards as you may save someone from a shock and say that the electronic stuff is beyond you. Help the community , save face.

yeah...as an american I looked at Monty Python in America and didn't understand...and then when I moved to England I looked at the english and an understanding then emerged...John Cleese and 'the minister of silly walks' and there were english guys in suits at the supermarket strutting about and then the subversive intent of Monty Python was revealed...

btw, better placement of punctuation assists remarkably with interpretation...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is getting the djinn back in the bottle as hard as getting the Tiger back in the can? Maybe easier to get a tiger in a bottle -

Tiger bottle can, Tiger can cannot

as a man in Singapore once told me...

SC

This brings back memories of the drive-in theatres of the old days when JC played fullback for Jerusalem.

I was under the impression that JC played in goal. He had a good PR man who posted up placards saying that 'JC saves'. They became targets for the grafitti merchants who added ' but St. John scored on the rebound' or 'the three wise men invested'.

Yes, but I think he did a Chris Tarrant and changed ends midway through his career.About his PR man saying that "JC saves",he wouldn't have been able to on my wages was a favourite reply in my area.