Quality Budget Disposable Razors + Anti-Perspirant That Works

freedomnow

Real men don't shave. And about deodorants, what are they? Some of you 'men' out there have really been brinwashed by all the ads you see everywhere. Seriously, get a grip of yourselves. closedeyes.gif

You must be the guy we pass all the time and want to puke. This is a hot and humid climate mate. Keep your odors to yourself or cover them up.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For anti-perspirant I tried Nivea For Men, Silver Protect. The label says anti-bacterial protection. Silver ions. I picked it up at 7-11.

The stuff works pretty well for me.

I 2nd this.. can be found for like 85thb in just about any thai store. They sell a smaller one for cheaper at most of the 7/11.

I like the watson branded razors. They have 5 blades and are like 50thb per cartridge (sold in box of 4)

it works fine, but if you are wearing good quality cotton dress shirts, it will bugger the pits after time.

i really dont get it. yes they are expensive, but i use mach 3 blades and shave every day, and i have a very thick beard.

The blades last 2 to 3 months so i get a minimum of 6 months from a pack of 4.

anything else i have to relpace every 2-3 weeks, if not moree frequently.

so it is a hassle as well as a false economy

I agree you get a better shave with Mach 3 or Mach 3 turbo. The last time l bought replacement blades was in Phnom Penh where they were 180 baht for 4 so a lot cheaper than in LOS. As the blades each last a couple of months l will have enough until l go back to Phnom Penh for a holiday and to stock up again

I've used this alum crystal for years. You can deal with the sharp edges with either a file or sand paper then running the crystal under the tap for a minute or two whilst rubbing the crystal in your hands. After that, it's smooth as silk.

I believe a lot of the anti-perspirants use this crystal, ground up, as a base. I've also seen these crystals for sale in up-market shops in velvet bags, at prices you would not believe.

It's also a flocculant which a lot of up-country Thais use for clearing the rain water in those big water jars. Works well, but if over-used adds a bit of astringency to the water when you drink it.

But for those of us that really sweat, and really stink when we do, is it really as effective in the natural form as the better commercial products?

Seems to me there are two issues here, the perspiration and the odour. Now for me, (and some other folk I know who use it), it seems like if you stop the perspiration you probably stop or inhibit the odour too. I thought this was a good find because it did not leave my armpits slippery or sticky, (as roll-ons tend to do, also messing up the shirt armpit), it does not have any smell, artificial or otherwise and most important, I'm not being ripped off by Big Pharma. It has also worked really well for me for many years.

That said, before applying it you do need to have a good scrub of the armpits to ensure a fresh base to work from. Let your own nose be your guide in this respect. I don't think you could expect it to de-odourise a pit that smells like the seventh circle of hell. But why not try it for yourself - it's not like it's a big financial investment - ten bahts worth will be enough for a year of daily use.

The odour is just old sweat. If you shower enough you will not smell. I sweat a lot, but never smell. Regular showers are the way to go. I've never liked the idea of stopping the sweat as it seems too unnatural and surely the sweat would just come out somewhere else.

Don't listen to these brainwashed (such is modern marketing) wimps. Shave like a Real Man® for next to nothing.

Buy a traditional double edge safety razor. Sometimes a larger Boots will have them or a local market. Also some supermarkets have the plastic version, Gillette Clic, which lasts for awhile but is quite mild. If you can't find one it's worth importing.

Then buy a box of 100 Astra (or other) double edge blades at a beauty supply shop for B150. Assuming you get 4 shaves per blade, now you're shaving for 11 baht/mo, excluding soap/cream.

Ideally you'd have a badger brush and proper shaving soap. You'd have to import the brush. But you can improvise: Thai beauty supply shops & other outlets sell a crappy little brush of the sort used at Thai barber shops. Crabtree & Evelyn at Emporium sells high-end cream & soap; The Body Shop sells a high-end soap. Otherwise, it's Dove or Imperial Leather and a drop of shampoo, or body lotion.

Go to the badgerandblade(dot)com forums for a wealth of advice about all aspects of wetshaving. (What a civilized international forum, totally unlike here.)

As for deo, just make your own from a mixture of baking soda and cornstarch. Start w/ 50/50 and then try 70/30. Google and verify. Been using it for several years now, works great. Can apply to underarms w/ a small brush--pick up lady's makeup brush ("kabuki brush") at a local market.

Real men don't shave.....And real men have a bit of a smell that smell should makes the women horny.....

Don't listen to these brainwashed (such is modern marketing) wimps. Shave like a Real Man® for next to nothing.

Buy a traditional double edge safety razor. Sometimes a larger Boots will have them or a local market. Also some supermarkets have the plastic version, Gillette Clic, which lasts for awhile but is quite mild. If you can't find one it's worth importing.

Then buy a box of 100 Astra (or other) double edge blades at a beauty supply shop for B150. Assuming you get 4 shaves per blade, now you're shaving for 11 baht/mo, excluding soap/cream.

Ideally you'd have a badger brush and proper shaving soap. You'd have to import the brush. But you can improvise: Thai beauty supply shops & other outlets sell a crappy little brush of the sort used at Thai barber shops. Crabtree & Evelyn at Emporium sells high-end cream & soap; The Body Shop sells a high-end soap. Otherwise, it's Dove or Imperial Leather and a drop of shampoo, or body lotion.

Go to the badgerandblade(dot)com forums for a wealth of advice about all aspects of wetshaving. (What a civilized international forum, totally unlike here.)

As for deo, just make your own from a mixture of baking soda and cornstarch. Start w/ 50/50 and then try 70/30. Google and verify. Been using it for several years now, works great. Can apply to underarms w/ a small brush--pick up lady's makeup brush ("kabuki brush") at a local market.

Real men don't shave.....And real men have a bit of a smell that smell should makes the women horny.....

How many real men have you been with that makes you such the expert?

unless you are referring to the child holding the cat, why not find a picture of just the cat?

Because I'm trying to get a rise out of the paranoids here with a clever double-entendre. If you'd take your hat off you'd be able to pickup the hidden meanings I'm broadcasting your way via electromagnetic psychotronic mind control carrier waves.

Actually just couldn't find a girl that bit older but still cute enough holding that specific kind of pussy.

Not my smell after a full day out working, and certainly not with the Thai girls I know - when they're brave enough to be honest.

I'm actually more concerned about my Matayom students, if my smell's making them horny even more reason to prevent it.

You mean those rock crystal things? They work, I remember in th e U.S., they call them Thai crystals.... cheap and seem to last forever, never seen them for sale here.

Different brand here. Grace. The US brand and packaging is not sold in Thailand. The crystal IS from Thailand. It's much cheaper here!

whats that crystal thing you guys talking about? does it stop us from sweating?

In my personal experience, no. But it is supposed to inhibit bacteria growth which is what causes the odor. I used it for a while but don't think that greatly of it.

Shave like a Real Man® for next to nothing.

A real man would be dry shaving with a straight razor...double edge safety razors.....badger brush and proper shaving soap.....you big girl...what you shave your legs with ?

A real man would dry shave with a hunting knife and splash some SamSong on his face afterwords!

Quote from Rambo 1 "Ahh he's a tough guy, we'll shave him dry!" Funny as

Edited by Paangjang

• 3 weeks later...

OP here- so I went for the Nivea Silver antibacterial anti-perspirant roll-on...works a treat,no odour or wet patch anymore 100%....SURE 48 hours should have been re-named NotsoSURE 48 seconds.....totally crap and now in the bin.

Razors -went for the Gillette Vectors and they are fine, as is the price. Gillette Mach 3 pricing just got disgusting....

THANKS.

OP here- so I went for the Nivea Silver antibacterial anti-perspirant roll-on...works a treat,no odour or wet patch anymore 100%....SURE 48 hours should have been re-named NotsoSURE 48 seconds.....totally crap and now in the bin.

Razors -went for the Gillette Vectors and they are fine, as is the price. Gillette Mach 3 pricing just got disgusting....

THANKS.

how much are mach 3 blades now ? i thought they were priced the same here

as everywhere else

at least they work ........cheap razors are a waste of time IMO

whats the use in saving a few thb if it takes twice as long to shave ?

THANKS.

Too bad the Nivea Silver did not work for you. Works like a charm for me even when I ride my bicycle for 50-60kms.

I don't have a problem with excessive sweating, but I thought i'd give these grace sticks a try. I've looked in a couple of different 7-11s, Tesco and Big C, but can't find them anywhere.

Any idea where I can find them?

Try the Thai / Chinese grocery stores who may have them in stock.

Never realised until Jim T. mentioned them in post 75 I think it was without going off this message that my wife has used both the crystal and also a Grace stic for a long long time.

I now use one that I got from a local oldie type store as mentioned above.

Cost me a mega 45 baht mind, oh well, I,ll have to cut back to make up for it.

She has had the Grace stick many months now and it still has some use left in it ?????

You can get several different ones, smell wise, if they stock em like my store does.

I back Jim T. on this and now thanks to him,I use it also and yes for me they are good at controlling the sweaty odour without any itching ect. and I recommend giving one a try.

marshbags

P.S.

The emo's don,t seem to be working recently ( last couple of days ??? ) so cannot insert the usual friendly smileys ect.

Edited by marshbags

I don't have a problem with excessive sweating, but I thought i'd give these grace sticks a try. I've looked in a couple of different 7-11s, Tesco and Big C, but can't find them anywhere.

Any idea where I can find them?

P.S.

The emo's don,t seem to be working recently ( last couple of days ??? ) so cannot insert the usual friendly smileys ect.

smile.pngbiggrin.pngtongue.pnglaugh.pngwink.pngthumbsup.gifwai.gifrolleyes.gifwhistling.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifwub.pnggiggle.gifsad.pngcoffee1.gifblink.pngbah.gifw00t.gifsick.gifermm.gif

must be on your side !

Buy Amway deodorant / antiperspirant- you just pay 100 baht to be an Amway member and go to their store to buy it for 160 baht a bottle - lasts 3 to 4 months. You will be dry as a bone.

Do not worry, no Amway sales people will bother you.