Viewers Held 'Hostage' In Euro Telecast Debate: Thai Analysis

webfact

Here's what to do if you have high speed internet rent a vpn from uk2 net £5 a month run a laptop or pc conect to large screen tv with hdmi open vpn and bbc itv sky etc when conected turn off vpn to give full speed a proxy is no good for speed streaming then hey presto itv bbc 24/7 some in hd like they have been doing in S.K. A-ROI ratchapakani road opp wat chaing man temple chaing mai will be showing all england live games fromm itv/bbc sod the true gold package .....

I'd be keen to know where I fit these 'rabbit ears' into the back of my 50 inch plasma?

I found the following diagram by searching for "Samsung Plasma Connections"

post-18167-0-94792600-1339393741_thumb.p

You need to connect the rabbit ears to the round "Ant In" connector on the back of your TV.

You will need an adapter to fit this, which will have two screw terminals where you attach the two wires from the flat antenna "ribbon cable", then the adapter will push into the round connector on the TV.

200 baht bought the rabbit ears and the adapter connector at Amorn in Fortune Center.

I have a Pioneer Kuro. Not sure if it has one of those. Couldnt see one. Maybe easier just to go to the pub.

I have a Pioneer Kuro. Not sure if it has one of those. Couldnt see one. Maybe easier just to go to the pub.

Can't imagine that it doesn't have one, because this is how most buildings are wired for cable.

I looked up Pioneer Kuro and found this. If you scroll down to "Connectivity", there is a picture and the description says "an RF input for cable and antenna". I can see it in the picture.

Pub sounds like a reasonable / possibly better alternative!

What a BS,nothing unclear at all.GMM bought the rights to broadcast the Euro2012,and True did not.Very clear for me.Good enough GMM let people with normal antenna watch the Euro2012 for free.For the next big event True should buy the rights by them self or find another deal,also NBCT should shut up.

or is there a law in Thailand whats says u can't buy broadcast rights?

In Germany if a pay tv station buys rights for Bundesliga or Euro they must guarantee a minimum of view time for non subscribers,and on top games of german national team are free to watch for everybody,but difference between Germany and Thailand is,Germany has clear rules and laws.

How stupid of True to think they can air the Euro without paying anything if GMM paid 400million b!!!.True knew that from the beginning but was probably hoping for some thai style wonder to happen.I feel sorry for True subscribers,but GMM did the right thing in financial view.

TRUE has never bought anything. If they can't steal it from a different satalite then you don't see it on true.

That´s true.

Even if the argument that True can't show Euros is acceptable, why True absolutely MUST pay for those rights - per NBTC ruling?

Last week it was a free channel but now True must pay Grammy untold millions because suddenly it's against the law.

With this business model Grammy will easily outbid anyone for, say World Cup rights. They can offer a trillion baht, pass it to free to air channels and then extort that trillion back from True, because, according to NBTC interpretation, True must show "free to air" channels no matter the cost.

True Visions have been holding their customers to ransom for years.

Evidently, you haven't understood a single thing that has been taking place. Who owns GMM? Can you work it out now?

I haven't understood anything either. Who owns GMM? Who owns True?

Can't imagine that it doesn't have one, because this is how most buildings are wired for cable.

I looked up Pioneer Kuro and found this. If you scroll down to "Connectivity", there is a picture and the description says "an RF input for cable and antenna". I can see it in the picture.

Pub sounds like a reasonable / possibly better alternative!

Thanks for that. I have a different TV with a separate receiver box. Found the antenna ariel but it wont work. Pub has true visions so they aren't showing it either. What an absolute shambles. Amazing Thailand.

What a BS,nothing unclear at all.GMM bought the rights to broadcast the Euro2012,and True did not.Very clear for me.Good enough GMM let people with normal antenna watch the Euro2012 for free.For the next big event True should buy the rights by them self or find another deal,also NBCT should shut up.

or is there a law in Thailand whats says u can't buy broadcast rights?

In Germany if a pay tv station buys rights for Bundesliga or Euro they must guarantee a minimum of view time for non subscribers,and on top games of german national team are free to watch for everybody,but difference between Germany and Thailand is,Germany has clear rules and laws.

How stupid of True to think they can air the Euro without paying anything if GMM paid 400million b!!!.True knew that from the beginning but was probably hoping for some thai style wonder to happen.I feel sorry for True subscribers,but GMM did the right thing in financial view.

TRUE has never bought anything. If they can't steal it from a different satalite then you don't see it on true.

That´s true.

The EPL rights? Must have cost them a fortune.