Bangkok Police Hunt For Chemical Attacker

webfact

It looks like these kind of sickos are not only in the West, but they are a lot less common here. bah.gif

When you do a google search acid attacks, then Afghanistan, Pakistan, Bangladesh and the middle east comes up, the attacks that are happening in the west are mostly by people that came from these areas as well.

Edited by gand

Bang Sue police later identified a fifth case, which was reported by a victim on May 31 but not acted upon until media coverage of the matter caught the public's attention

Why doesn't this surprise me?

Yes, it says it all about the Thai police. Maybe using social media to make the bib do there job might replace "tea money" in time. It would be interesting if every road block set up to extract money from motorists was reported on FB or the like, far more useful than writing about what you had for breakfast.

Maybe not directly related to the topic, but I would like to warn people when unclogging drains in Thailand.

I used a kind of brown liquid you you can buy in the do-it-yourself store in Thailand to unclog a drain.

When I put the liquid in the drain, that was filled with water the mixture of water and chemical immediately started cooking and jumped out of the drain.

It jumped onto my arm and it kept on bubbling and boiling while on my arm.

I got burnt by it and after 3 months you can still clearly see the marks on my skin.

The duck toilet cleaner from the article is peanuts compared to this product.

This brown liquid is the cheapest, standard thing to unclog drains in Thailand, but I never saw it in Europe.

It's a very dangerous product and I don't understand something like this can be sold to just anyone.

I am not sure, but I believe the product is sulfuric acid.

I am not sure if it was mentioned or not but a french woman and her husband were attacked not too long ago and she posted about it on twitter. I think he got sprayed in the eyes, and many people were accusing her of making it up because she was an artist or something.

It looks like these kind of sickos are not only in the West, but they are a lot less common here. bah.gif

Yeah. It would be pretty hard to beat the case in Miami last month when a crazed man chewed off 80% of a 65 year old homeless man's face.

• Like 1

If I wandered the streets of Bkk randomly throwing cornflakes at people, I would be known as a Serial Cereal attacker.??

love it,,,, This is a worying thing, i agree with elerly gent, if it was my family he wauld never be found, but i think there is somthing else happening here, 1.. attacks come from the back, 2.. just thai women? 3.. not the face? 4..is it just women with jewlrery,, there shauld be a special punishment for B.K.serials, this guy isnt the first,,,, attacing with a duck," quack attacer "

A 50-yr old scavenger suspected of splashing acid at people in Bangkok admitted to police he committed such attacks 30 times /The Nation

This is the problem with relying on just one news source.

This story was available at early am on some other thai sites. No direct criticism of The Nation as they break their own stories that others don't. It just highlights why getting news from variety of sources is important

Edited by Lakegeneve

Scavenger admits attacking people with bathroom cleaner solution

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The suspected serial chemical attacker admitted to sprinkle bathroom cleaner onto others in 30 occasions in Bangkok in the past two months, acting city police chief Pol MajGen Kamronwit Thoopkrachang told a press conference Monday.

Affirming this was a single attacker’s case, he said Yanhee International Hospital would free-of-charge treat the case’s all chemical burned victims until their condition returned to normal.

The tricycle-riding scavenger Rachan Theerakitnukul, 50, incoherently said that he was high on drug and wanted to take a revange on those that scolded him for parking his tricycle in others’ way and extorting foreigners.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-06-11

Please continue:

Bangkok's 'acid' attacker arrested and charged

The Nation

30183926-01_big.jpg

Rachan

BANGKOK: -- A suspected serial chemical attacker has admitted sprinkling a mixture of bathroom cleaners on other people on 30 occasions in Bangkok over the past two months, acting city police chief Pol Maj Gen Kamronwit Thoopkrachang told a press conference Monday.

Full story: http://www.thaivisa....ed-and-charged/

//CLOSED//