Midnight To 7Am At Suvanabhurmi....

Thighlander

I checked into a local hotel and had a shower and a few hours sleep. They picked me up at airport and dropped me back. I also had breakfast. The hotel was a 5 minute drive and only cost 700 thb all in.

I checked into a local hotel and had a shower and a few hours sleep. They picked me up at airport and dropped me back. I also had breakfast. The hotel was a 5 minute drive and only cost 700 thb all in.

Can I ask, which hotel and where? I've got a similar problem comming up on Saturday, a late evening flight in and a 06:15 flight out the next morning.

Wander down to the food hall on the ground floor level where the Thai prices are. Exit and turn left. That can help. Apart from that there is little else to do unless you qualify for one of the lounges? (Do I recall you can pay to use some of the lounges at Swampy airport?)

but midnight is 10am my time, otherwise good suggestion.

A taxi should have you in Soi Cowboy in 30 minutes.

what time do they close? I used to love to do sidewalk beers on Suk, soi 13. Not to mention the days when the Thermae started rocking at 3:30ish.

but midnight is 10am my time, otherwise good suggestion.

A taxi should have you in Soi Cowboy in 30 minutes.

what time do they close? I used to love to do sidewalk beers on Suk, soi 13. Not to mention the days when the Thermae started rocking at 3:30ish.

The chrome-pole palaces (dontcha just miss Trink?) and bars all shut down around 2 am but the sidewalk cocktail stands have spread like a rash along the arse-end of Sukhumvit so no need to hide up Soi 13 any more. Same outside NEP where one can drink cold beer on the sidewalk for another hour or so.

Thermae....? Those were the days, eh?

Can I ask, which hotel and where? I've got a similar problem comming up on Saturday, a late evening flight in and a 06:15 flight out the next morning.

I've stayed at the Great Residence. There are several others in the same area just outside the airport at similar prices. Those hotels offer little more than a small room and an airport shuttle.

Can't remember full name but it was garden hotel or something garden hotel.