Printer Paper "letter Format" 8.5x11 Inches

Maestro

For some documents I need to send to a U.S. government department I need printer paper in the American "Letter" format of

8.5x11 inches. During my current vacation in Bangkok I have looked everywhere but cannot find this format; all places sell

only the A4 format.

Does anybody happen to know where in Bangkok one can buy paper in the "Letter" format of 8.5x11 inches?

--------------

Maestro

I use the 8.5 X 11 a lot and, like you, had trouble finding it here in BKK. I never did find an office supply/stationery store that would sell me paper in this size. But, you can buy directly from Fuji Xerox. I buy in case lots, not by the ream, so they deliver. If you want less than a case, I don't know if they will sell or deliver.

I don't have their number handy but you can look it up in a phone book or find their web page. The staff does speak English OK.

The office supply stores do sell it (but you may have to ask) and have even found in Foodland. But I have not used anything but A4 since I gave up the typewriter for my dealing with US government and others in US and have never had it questioned. Some in the US even understand dd/mm/yyyy these days. :o

The office supply stores do sell it (but you may have to ask) and have even found in Foodland. But I have not used anything but A4 since I gave up the typewriter for my dealing with US government and others in US and have never had it questioned. Some in the US even understand dd/mm/yyyy these days. :o

Well, that isn't my experience. But, then, I haven't tried for a couple of years; now, I just order by the case directly from Xerox. For about 600 baht a case, they deliver, and I buy two cases at a time.

Before I discovered this, I looked at every office supply and stationery store I could find. I always asked. No one had it and, in some store, the people (including managers) didn't even seem to know what I wanted.

Well, that isn't my experience. But, then, I haven't tried for a couple of years; now, I just order by the case directly from Xerox. For about 600 baht a case, they deliver, and I buy two cases at a time.

Before I discovered this, I looked at every office supply and stationery store I could find. I always asked. No one had it and, in some store, the people (including managers) didn't even seem to know what I wanted.

You may be right as it has been 5 years or more since I last looked. But I know you can buy fanfold computer paper that with the perferations removed will provide the 8 1/2 x 11 letter size.

Thank you all for the information you provided.

I shan’t need a lot of Letter paper, perhaps 6 sheets a year, but would not mind buying a ream (500 sheets), but not a whole case, which probably would be 5 reams.

I am flying back to Switzerland tomorrow and shan’t be back in Bangkok probably until December, otherwise I would have invited Lanny for a beer – or whatever – in exchange for a dozen sheets.

It’s for the U.S. Copyright Office that I wanted to use it but I shall now submit my papers on A4 and see what happens

---------------------

Maestro

Edited by maestro

• 4 weeks later...