Prosecutor Indicts Thaksin In State Bank Loan Scandal

Lite Beer

Why so much hatred for Thaskin from the farangs when it is clear that the majority of Thai's love the guy. As a farang it is not our place to slag him off after all we are only guests. I for one think the guy was no worse than any other officials I have come across in the last 7 years !!!!!

Try not to be too naive.

I, like tens of thousands of farangs, am resident here. Not a permanent resident, but resident nevertheless. We are required to report our residence every 90 days. If you are a tourist you may not understand that the majority of Thais do not love him. He is very popular with many northerners and Isaan people and huge numbers of the population of greater Bangkok like him.

His sister operates his government for him while he simmers in Dubai and other exotic locales.

This is not North Korea and this forum is used both by his supporters and those who do not like the man. It is called freedom of speech and thankfully it hasn't yet disappeared from this country.

But it would if Thaksin was back in control. Bear that in mind.

Maybe he'll order all anti Thamsin posters shot! Like his 2000 order to shoot "suspected" drug dealers which some were 80 year old grand mas! They were shot dead! Remember?

if only

j/k

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Less than a month after Yingluck Shinawatra, younger sister of fugitive former premier Thaksin, took the reins as Thailand's 28th prime minister on August 8, two cases against people closely related to the Shinawatra family have been dropped...........The Appeals Court last week overturned the Criminal Court's tax-evasion jail verdict against Khunying Pojaman na Pombejra, Thaksin's ex-wife, citing "incomplete" evidence.......Tax claims against Thaksin and Pojaman's children, Pinthongta and Panthongtae, were also dropped earlier in August......

However, many cases against Thaksin remain either in court or under investigation by the National Anti-Corruption Commission......

Illegal issue of two- and three-digit lotteries

Abuse of power in approving an Exim Bank loan to Burma

Illegal changing of telecommunication concession fees into excise tax

Case of terrorism against Thaksin

Malfeasance related to the CTX 9000 bomb scanner scandal

The National Anti-Corruption Commission is investigating the malfeasance case against Thaksin and some of his cabinet members involving alleged corruption in the devices for Suvarnabhumi Airport.

Malfeasance by allowing a Krung Thai Bank loan approved for a private company

http://news.spiceday.com/viewthread.php?action=printable&tid=205391&sid=zTO7w3

Why so much hatred for Thaskin from the farangs when it is clear that the majority of Thai's love the guy. As a farang it is not our place to slag him off after all we are only guests. I for one think the guy was no worse than any other officials I have come across in the last 7 years !!!!!

7 years!!!!! Suggest you do a bit more detailed homework and get some detailed knowledge of the much longer past history involved here.

'The majority love him'. Sorry but not quite that simple.

Click on the link attached to post #60 on this thread for a few details.

Edited by scorecard

The other half, decidedly reddish in outlook is very quiet today after watching the morning news, but I raised this subject and Yongyuth anyway.

She doesn't want to talk about it, and seems to have gone out for the day (unusual).

I wonder where she learned that tactic from.

Was she wearing boots of a Burberry persuasion?

• Like 1

The other half, decidedly reddish in outlook is very quiet today after watching the morning news, but I raised this subject and Yongyuth anyway.

She doesn't want to talk about it, and seems to have gone out for the day (unusual).

If she saved the meager house-keeping allowance I give her for a year or so, she might be able to buy one.

If she saved the meager house-keeping allowance I give her for a year or so, she might be able to buy one.

Splendid!

All this evidence will not go away neither will the evidence against Thaksin on the terrorism charges brought by the previous Govt.

I am sure there will be other new evidence for other missdeeds preformed by the big man.

Regardless of any whitewash by the present lot one day all this evidence will be there to be used against him.

We see presidents, PM,s etc from other countries finally coming to the courts to answer for former crimes while in power.

Thaksins day will come, one day his supporters will see him for what he really is.

If he ever returnes to Thailand or the money runs out, sooner or later he will get what he deserves.

• Like 1

Has TS paid any compensation to all the Thai families of Thais that died during his PM regime?

Relevant or not, but the question would be better phrased as "Did the government pay any ..."

Has TS paid any compensation to all the Thai families of Thais that died during his PM regime?

Relevant or not, but the question would be better phrased as "Did the government pay any ..."

IMO, TS should pay out of his own pocket.

What can I say now? You are entitled to your own opinion, of course. Just like I don't have to agree.

BTW, how's writing 100 times "Romani ite domum' progressing?

What can I say now? You are entitled to your own opinion, of course. Just like I don't have to agree.

BTW, how's writing 100 times "Romani ite domum' progressing?

Not without my pint of Grolsch.

• 2 weeks later...

Should not Thaksin's son also be indicted on Embezzlement Chargers?

Not apparently within the jurisdiction of this court.

That seems to be the case as the Supreme Court's Criminal Division for Holders of Political Positions is hearing the case and Thaksin's son is/was not a political office holder.

Now, a request is being made for public prosecutors from the Criminal Court to file the appropriate charges against Panthongtae Shinawatra for his involvement in the siphoning of billions of baht.

Edited by Buchholz

Nine judges selected for Thaksin corruption case

A general meeting of the Supreme Court yesterday selected nine senior judges to try the corruption case against former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra and 26 others in connection with a loan scandal involving state-owned Krung Thai Bank.

The nine judges will hear the case for the court's Criminal Division for Political Office Holders, which has scheduled July 25 to decide whether to accept the case for judicial review.

The nine judges selected for the case are Supreme Court vice presidents Manas Luangprasert and Direk Ingkanunt, Criminal Division for Political Office Holders chief justice Chinnawat Jindatamkaew, Division of Economic and Commercial Litigation chief justice Wirawat Pawarajan, Division of Election Cases chief |justice Chaisit Trachootham, Division of Labour Litigation chief |justice Chaiwat Wiengthiratham, Division of Bankruptcy Litigation chief justice Manupong Rujikanha, Division of Environment Cases chief justice Panwasa Buathong, and Supreme Court chief justice Virapol Tangsuwan.

Thaksin and former KTB president Viroj Nualkhae are among those accused of malfeasance after the bank lent Bt8 billion to property company Krisada Mahanakorn while the ex-premier was in power.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-06-28

• 4 weeks later...

Today, the Supreme Court accepted the case brought against former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra and 26 others involving 11.58 Billion Baht in loans from Krung Thai Bank.

They are accused of malfeasance in violation of Article 157 of the Criminal Code, the Commercial Banks Act, the Securities and Exchange Act, and the Public Companies Act.

October 11 will the first hearing date.

Edited by Buchholz