90 Day Reporting - Comments And Experiences

Tywais

It must be hard for the Immigration-officers, coping with the continuing/expanding flood of customers.

Job security, less chance of being moved.....my guess is that they are OK.

They only work at one speed regardless of the situation.......can't say I've ever seen one go into overdrive. wink.png

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Funny thing is, we continue to get reports from some of "in and out in 3 minutes".

I don't doubt their accounts at all- it just seems it is a crapshoot/luck-of-the-draw kind of thing.

One day a breeze, next day a Chinese fire drill and total bedlam.

Trying to guess when best time to go in the day (super early, just after lunch, 3 PM, etc.) or what day of the week to go...is like trying to predict whether a roll of the dice will come up snake eyes, or double 6.

I was there yesterday getting my ED extension (182 days whopee). Once I got my passport back I headed out back and got a photo copy of the new permission stamp in said passport, added that to the already completed 90 day report paperwork, walked up to the counter on the right, no one waiting, the man seated behind counter stamped and stapled everything in sight, handed back my passport with a new receipt inside. Total time, including photo copy shop, approx. 4 minutes. Considering the fact that my extension only took a hair over an hour before my passport was back in my hands, (10:30 appointment outta there at 11:40) I'd say CM Immigration rocks!

Edited by DowntownAl

Yeah, I think the thing about coming at 3 pm is one of the best kept "secrets" in CM. I seriously doubt they are going to chase people out of the waiting area at the end of the day if all they want is a simple 90 day report.

What time do they really close? Anyone been there that late? The latest I've been there is 3:45, finishing business I started at 3 pm. Pretty dead at that time of the day, with the Immigration officers all relaxed and looking over the empty waiting area with big smiles on their faces.

What time do they really close? Anyone been there that late? The latest I've been there is 3:45, finishing business I started at 3 pm. Pretty dead at that time of the day, with the Immigration officers all relaxed and looking over the empty waiting area with big smiles on their faces.

Which means they can't be particularly overworked or stressed, as some people would like us to think.wink.png

Which means they can't be particularly overworked or stressed, as some people would like us to think.wink.png

Remember your last time there at 9 am. Just because they look relaxed at 3:30 or some such is probably just a feeling of accomplishment having to deal with the likes of us all day. tongue.png
  • Like 1

Remember your last time there at 9 am. Just because they look relaxed at 3:30 or some such is probably just a feeling of accomplishment having to deal with the likes of us all day. tongue.png

If they have to deal with the likes of me all day long, then they have a very cushy job indeed! biggrin.png

• 3 weeks later...

I was in there this morning as it was Day 89 for me. A brief report if anyone's interested.

1. For a couple of years now I've parked across the road from Immigration Dept. There's a cafe and restaurant there by the roadside, and what looked like a disused Thai building set back from the road, with lots of parking in between. Gates closed this morning, though. Notices on them but unfortunately I am illiterate. Doubled back and parked in Central Airport Plaza car park, pleasingly empty at this hour.

2. Walked into Immigration at 10.20am. Moderately busy, not too bad. The cafe-with-photocopiers just behind it has been half demolished. Still has queues outside it, so perhaps photocopying is yet unaffected. Did not inspect closely.

3. Ticket machine at the back of the room unattended. Helpful chap sitting nearby told me that tickets were being dispensed at the front desk.

4. Got into the queue at front desk in second place. Waited two mins. Said good morning nicely and asked for a 90-day reporting ticket number. Humourless and silent counter clerkette reluctantly gives me number 581.

5. Looked at the electronic display. 90-day counter currently dealing with 552 and 553.

6. Do some mental arithmetic. They've processed about 50 in about two and a half hours; that's twenty an hour. Nearly another 30 souls in front of me. At that rate it's touch and go whether I'm attended to before they shut up shop for lunch at noon.

7. Sigh rather attractively. Pull book out of bag and find my place. (Cancer Ward, Solzhenitsyn, 1968.)

8. Have big stroke of luck. Young woman sitting next to me notices my 500-series ticket and offers me her surplus ticket, which is number 571. I kiss her feet. She affects not to notice.

9. The 90-day desk puts a bit of a sprint on -- or, more accurately, starts whizzing through the numbers of a string of customers who have given up and left.

10. 571 comes up. My papers are naturally in perfect order and, as usual, I occupy the desk clerk for about one minute only. Collect new 90-day slip in my passport.

11. Exit just after 11am. Call it 45 minutes. (Personal best: 20 minutes.) Probably about an average run this time, thanks largely to kind lady with spare ticket.

-- Jez

• Like 1

Due to reports here on the huge parking issues and overflowing onto the streets I made a plan this time. My plan was to drive over to Nim City and leave it to be washed, walk over to immigration, walk back to Rimping and do some needed shopping. Even took out Google map to see the best walking route and distance between them to determine if I had the stamina for it. biggrin.png

Left the university and took the Wing 41 road over to Airport Road. Since I drive right by immigration on the way to Nim City thought I would take a peek and see how bad it was. Drove slowly by and had a mental <deleted> as there were no bikes parked on the street and there were parking spaces available in the main imm parking area. This was at around 1:20 PM

Change of plan: Did a u-turn at Airport Plaza and headed back to immigration. Pulled into the main lot and voila parking spaces. Parked the car and went in. The main room was packed as expected with a queue 2 to 3 persons wide from the middle counter down the center of the room to the back door. Went in and took a peek at the queue machine to see that it was turned off. Looked at the 90 day counter and there were zero people at it. Walked over and he put his hand out for my paper work. He handed them back with a smile and pointed out my next report date. Less then 60 seconds at the desk.

Drove to Nim City and finished what my initial plan started out as.

Now another oddity, there was not a single motorcycle or tuk-tuk parked inside the parking lot and none on the street on either side. I did see a motorcycle start to pull in but he stopped for a moment and then changed his mind. Did all the immigrant workers finished their business for the year? Did immigration decided enough with the parking problems? Did I just get lucky again? wink.png

The Mrs. went to immigration just before 1PM to get a certificate of residency so I figured, I'll do our 90 day report, 15 days early. I waited for the person manning the queue machine to show up. Noone came. I saw the 1st guy on the queue line leave and go to counter 2 then 3 minutes later he came my way and said he did his 90 day report. I went over to the counter and the officer took my paper work followed by my wife's. A few minutes later we were done. Funny thing, while we were waiting for my wife's certificate, I noticed that they started calling the number for the 90 day counter. I guess we were lucky today. My wife's certificate was ready in 30 minutes, so all in all a fast in and out of immigration.

I never paid attention to day date they stamp on the new 90 day receipt but mine was 90 day from today. I always thought the next 90 day date started from the date on the previous receipt not went you come in.

I never paid attention to day date they stamp on the new 90 day receipt but mine was 90 day from today. I always thought the next 90 day date started from the date on the previous receipt not went you come in.

Yes, it is 90 days from the day you update the address report. Always been that way.

Yes, it is 90 days from the day you update the address report. Always been that way.

Which I think makes yours the last day of the Songkran holiday! That's going to be a party.

I hadn't thought about that. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. thumbsup.gif Just checked my reminder alarm and it is set for the 8th and my 90 day due the 16th. Will add another note to be done before the weekend.

Due to reports here on the huge parking issues and overflowing onto the streets I made a plan this time. My plan was to drive over to Nim City and leave it to be washed, walk over to immigration, walk back to Rimping and do some needed shopping. Even took out Google map to see the best walking route and distance between them to determine if I had the stamina for it. biggrin.png

Left the university and took the Wing 41 road over to Airport Road. Since I drive right by immigration on the way to Nim City thought I would take a peek and see how bad it was. Drove slowly by and had a mental <deleted> as there were no bikes parked on the street and there were parking spaces available in the main imm parking area. This was at around 1:20 PM

Change of plan: Did a u-turn at Airport Plaza and headed back to immigration. Pulled into the main lot and voila parking spaces. Parked the car and went in. The main room was packed as expected with a queue 2 to 3 persons wide from the middle counter down the center of the room to the back door. Went in and took a peek at the queue machine to see that it was turned off. Looked at the 90 day counter and there were zero people at it. Walked over and he put his hand out for my paper work. He handed them back with a smile and pointed out my next report date. Less then 60 seconds at the desk.

Drove to Nim City and finished what my initial plan started out as.

Now another oddity, there was not a single motorcycle or tuk-tuk parked inside the parking lot and none on the street on either side. I did see a motorcycle start to pull in but he stopped for a moment and then changed his mind. Did all the immigrant workers finished their business for the year? Did immigration decided enough with the parking problems? Did I just get lucky again? wink.png

I had tried to get some information on that. I believe there was a time limit for the foreign workers to get registered and it seemed to me that once that time was passed it would be a lot less crowded. the last time I was in there late December they were standing in a crowd out on the street on both sides as well as all over the premises.

No body seems to know any thing.

the last time I was in there late December they were standing in a crowd out on the street on both sides as well as all over the premises.

No body seems to know any thing.

They definitely weren't there today. The left office where they usually gather, no one standing around there. As I mentioned, a week or two ago when I drove by, the area was full of workers, motorcycles filling up inside and lining the street. None of that today. Hope that means they have completed the necessary formalities. Basically looked like it was 6-12 months ago.

It seems the luck of the draw what day is good, and what time.

Perhaps after the deadline for migrant workers to register expired, they have all been processed, and CM Imm is back to some semblance of normal.

I certainly hope so.

It wont make that much difference for the 90 day and retirement renewals. They will still have just as many of them. Don't really know about the other visas and residency reports. Marriage ones will probably stay the same. Reentry permits should go a lot faster. Also the multiple entries.

The Mrs. went to immigration just before 1PM to get a certificate of residency so I figured, I'll do our 90 day report, 15 days early. I waited for the person manning the queue machine to show up. Noone came. I saw the 1st guy on the queue line leave and go to counter 2 then 3 minutes later he came my way and said he did his 90 day report. I went over to the counter and the officer took my paper work followed by my wife's. A few minutes later we were done. Funny thing, while we were waiting for my wife's certificate, I noticed that they started calling the number for the 90 day counter. I guess we were lucky today. My wife's certificate was ready in 30 minutes, so all in all a fast in and out of immigration.

I'm a little surprised that you were able to do a 90-day report 16 days early, the normal leeway is maximum 7 days before, I thought ?

Why do we have to make this 90days report!!!. They not even make money on that, just rest of time for everyone!!!. I guess about 300 pepople go to Bangkok imigration every day to make this report, making more trafic jam etc.

Why cant we not just send a email to confirm we have the same address as we have the last 5,10, 20, 30 years?. If we do not report we move give us a fine, OK.

Dear Imigration officer, please work on this issue and move they staff there work for 90days report to help in other department.

Give anyone a break and save the money.

My experience today for a 90 Day Report.

As I finished up my copies at home, I realized I was cutting it a bit short, as 12:00pm was approaching fast, and I knew lunch at immigration was sacred. So better hurry up. I found a parking spot across the street from immigration and ran on over, it was 11:45am. The first door I tried was locked, on the side of the building, and so I went around front. Lots of people, but the door was open. As I went in, looking to the left, I saw that the number machine was off. And so I thought, I'll just go to counter #2 and ask for a number. I'm thinking, "at least I brought my book, doesn't look like I'll be out of here until after lunch." There was one person being helped at counter #2 and I was next. She finished almost immediately and I was about to ask for a number, when I guy grabbed my documents/passport and started stamping things. STAMP STAMP STAMP STAMP BIP BAPATY BOOM and I'm done. Total time.... 1 minute and 32 seconds.

So as you're not jealous. Because I had so much extra time, I decided to go meet my wife for lunch. We meet, have lunch, and as I'm walking her to her motorbike, it's been chained because she parked on the wrong side of the street. I then had to drive her back to work and then go to the police station and pay the ticket (400B) and then drive back to the motorbike and re-park it. That is, after waiting for the policeman to come back and unchain it. I did that and then drove to her work again and gave her the key to the motorbike. I finally arrived home 2 and 1/2 hours after leaving the immigration office, and 600B poorer (counting lunch).

Feel better?

:-)

I'm a little surprised that you were able to do a 90-day report 16 days early, the normal leeway is maximum 7 days before, I thought ?

It's 15 days before and 7 days after is the window.

Thanks Tywais

Always good to question, as I just learned something new ! wai2.gif

Edited by Ricardo

So as you're not jealous. Because I had so much extra time, I decided to go meet my wife for lunch. We meet, have lunch, and as I'm walking her to her motorbike, it's been chained because she parked on the wrong side of the street.

If people bothered to read/look, there's usually a sign on those sort of streets, saying on which days you should park R/L side.

You should let her pay her own fine, then maybe she will be able to read the signs in future. biggrin.png

Edited by uptheos
  • Like 1