90 Day Reporting - Comments And Experiences

Tywais

My experience today for a 90 Day Report.

As I finished up my copies at home, I realized I was cutting it a bit short, as 12:00pm was approaching fast, and I knew lunch at immigration was sacred. So better hurry up. I found a parking spot across the street from immigration and ran on over, it was 11:45am. The first door I tried was locked, on the side of the building, and so I went around front. Lots of people, but the door was open. As I went in, looking to the left, I saw that the number machine was off. And so I thought, I'll just go to counter #2 and ask for a number. I'm thinking, "at least I brought my book, doesn't look like I'll be out of here until after lunch." There was one person being helped at counter #2 and I was next. She finished almost immediately and I was about to ask for a number, when I guy grabbed my documents/passport and started stamping things. STAMP STAMP STAMP STAMP BIP BAPATY BOOM and I'm done. Total time.... 1 minute and 32 seconds.

So as you're not jealous. Because I had so much extra time, I decided to go meet my wife for lunch. We meet, have lunch, and as I'm walking her to her motorbike, it's been chained because she parked on the wrong side of the street. I then had to drive her back to work and then go to the police station and pay the ticket (400B) and then drive back to the motorbike and re-park it. That is, after waiting for the policeman to come back and unchain it. I did that and then drove to her work again and gave her the key to the motorbike. I finally arrived home 2 and 1/2 hours after leaving the immigration office, and 600B poorer (counting lunch).

Feel better?

:-)

A fine result! 1508595.GIF

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If people bothered to read/look, there's usually a sign on those sort of streets, saying on which days you should park R/L side.

You should let her pay her own fine, then maybe she will be able to read the signs in future. biggrin.png

If you only knew. And I'll throw you one better. She started to blame me because I invited her to lunch in that area. :-) But as she got going I did one of my.... "oh no you don't...." and she shut up. Though you could see the Thai steam.

And yes, could have let her pay, etc etc, but 400B is more than a days wage for some people, and I honestly felt bad for her. We were in one of those tourist areas where the parking patrol is notorious. I'm constantly looking at those signs, as I understand them, but I think she just parks and walks like so many Thais. Now if she does it again? Mmmmmm.... pay up! :-)

If people bothered to read/look, there's usually a sign on those sort of streets, saying on which days you should park R/L side.

You should let her pay her own fine, then maybe she will be able to read the signs in future. biggrin.png

If you only knew. And I'll throw you one better. She started to blame me because I invited her to lunch in that area.

laugh.png You've got to hand it to her........and I guess you do wink.png

My experience today for a 90 Day Report.

As I finished up my copies at home, I realized I was cutting it a bit short, as 12:00pm was approaching fast, and I knew lunch at immigration was sacred. So better hurry up. I found a parking spot across the street from immigration and ran on over, it was 11:45am. The first door I tried was locked, on the side of the building, and so I went around front. Lots of people, but the door was open. As I went in, looking to the left, I saw that the number machine was off. And so I thought, I'll just go to counter #2 and ask for a number. I'm thinking, "at least I brought my book, doesn't look like I'll be out of here until after lunch." There was one person being helped at counter #2 and I was next. She finished almost immediately and I was about to ask for a number, when I guy grabbed my documents/passport and started stamping things. STAMP STAMP STAMP STAMP BIP BAPATY BOOM and I'm done. Total time.... 1 minute and 32 seconds.

So as you're not jealous. Because I had so much extra time, I decided to go meet my wife for lunch. We meet, have lunch, and as I'm walking her to her motorbike, it's been chained because she parked on the wrong side of the street. I then had to drive her back to work and then go to the police station and pay the ticket (400B) and then drive back to the motorbike and re-park it. That is, after waiting for the policeman to come back and unchain it. I did that and then drove to her work again and gave her the key to the motorbike. I finally arrived home 2 and 1/2 hours after leaving the immigration office, and 600B poorer (counting lunch).

Feel better?

:-)

A fine result! 1508595.GIF

Everyone should befriend a policeman. Then it's only 100 THB regardless of what the ticket says.wink.png

So as you're not jealous. Because I had so much extra time, I decided to go meet my wife for lunch. We meet, have lunch, and as I'm walking her to her motorbike, it's been chained because she parked on the wrong side of the street.

Get a Thai doris to pay for their mistake? Good luck with that. whistling.gif

Went to do my 90 day report yesterday and arrived at 0805 and went to the end of a surprisingly orderly queue. On getting to the door I was given a blue tally with 81 on it. These numbers were called up in batches to the centre desk where I was given a card numbered 515. So I was to be No 15 at desk 2. The ticket machine was not used and anyway it's not in the best position in the corner of the room.

The only delay was that desk 2 didn't kick off until 0845 for some reason. Anyway I was out of there at 0910 so not too bad.

The annual renewal of my retirement extension is due on 10th June and I want to make an online appointment for that. Can anybody please tell me how far in advance I should make the appointment?

Thanks very much in advance.

Went to do my 90 day report yesterday and arrived at 0805 and went to the end of a surprisingly orderly queue. On getting to the door I was given a blue tally with 81 on it. These numbers were called up in batches to the centre desk where I was given a card numbered 515. So I was to be No 15 at desk 2. The ticket machine was not used and anyway it's not in the best position in the corner of the room.

The only delay was that desk 2 didn't kick off until 0845 for some reason. Anyway I was out of there at 0910 so not too bad.

The annual renewal of my retirement extension is due on 10th June and I want to make an online appointment for that. Can anybody please tell me how far in advance I should make the appointment?

100 days

thank you for bringing us ip to daste on the process there. Apparently things are flowing really good there now.

100 days

thank you for bringing us ip to daste on the process there. Apparently things are flowing really good there now.

.......unless one requires a Certificate of Residency urgently, before Feb 5th.wink.png

From my OP - "Note: Off-topic posts will be removed to keep this topic clear." which I have now done.

Seems like a lot of the posts now talk about it being easy hence no more hard times and like they say the squeaky wheel gets the greese so no negative posts mean it is much better and the nay sayers have nothing to say= very few posts.

Over to you uptheos

From my OP - "Note: Off-topic posts will be removed to keep this topic clear." which I have now done.

Seems like a lot of the posts now talk about it being easy hence no more hard times and like they say the squeaky wheel gets the greese so no negative posts mean it is much better and the nay sayers have nothing to say= very few posts.

Over to you uptheos

Over to me? I'm not in a contest with you.

I'm just relaxing outside with a nice cold beer, why don't you do the same?......cheers.smile.png

It's good if immigration is running smoother, not too many people like to waste their time there when there are better things to do. Mind you from what I've read quite a few people seem to be in and out in 5 minutes during the busy time anyway. I can only speak for myself, but it's really quite nice not thinking about doing the 90 day report and just using the on-line booking system for annual extension. Once year at immigration is really enough, unless it's the sort of place that turns people on.

Edited by uptheos
  • Like 1

I visited immigration for my one year retirement visa today. I had an online appointment and it still required well over two hours to complete the process along with a multiple entry stamp. I think immigration should entertain the idea of discontinuing their nonsensical 90 day reporting, and assign those two officers to completing one year visas or some other needed task. The present immigration building is much too small to accommodate the people who are required to report there, and the foreigners moving to Chiang Mai, are increasing every year. sad.png

• Like 1

I think immigration should entertain the idea of discontinuing their nonsensical 90 day reporting, and assign those two officers to completing one year visas or some other needed task.

I would guess that Chiang MaiI immigration would love to stop 90 day reporting, but can't because of national government policy.

I visited immigration for my one year retirement visa today. I had an online appointment and it still required well over two hours to complete the process along with a multiple entry stamp. I think immigration should entertain the idea of discontinuing their nonsensical 90 day reporting, and assign those two officers to completing one year visas or some other needed task. The present immigration building is much too small to accommodate the people who are required to report there, and the foreigners moving to Chiang Mai, are increasing every year. sad.png
Out of that two hours how much of it was spent on the multiple entry stamp and were they on time with your appointment?I got to talking to a guy in there one day who had his appointment and he had to wait a half hour.For my self the 90 day is not a big deal as I am retired and have time but it would be nice not to have it as I tend to forget. I am retired because I am old and some times don't remember thingstongue.png. But as you say it would make an immense difference if those two could work on renewals or other things. Right now they have two working on renewals with only ten appointments on line available. With two more staff they could increase the appointments to 15 or 20 depending on how you look at it.I personally think immigration is taking on things that are not really immigration. Residency permits and what not. coffee1.gif

I picked this up on the thread Thailand looking to hosting world expo in 2020.

Part of the reason it looks like it will not happen is

"Also, there may be a lack of cohesive effort from state agencies on streamlining visa regulations and custom duties."

Maybe there is a little bit of incentive to stream line it.

Edited by hellodolly

Please don't stone me for this observation. I may have made it before as probably have others but

it defies all reason (as if that is an operative element in Thai government) that there is NO CHARGE for

doing the 90 day report. We have no choice and if they charged even 250 baht for the "service" how

many more staff people could they employ? I know they wouldn't hire any more staff or move to a bigger

office but somebody would get all those fees. It is one of the wonders of Thailand that they have totally

ignored this obvious cash cow.

• Like 1

Out of that two hours how much of it was spent on the multiple entry stamp and were they on time with your appointment?I got to talking to a guy in there one day who had his appointment and he had to wait a half hour.For my self the 90 day is not a big deal as I am retired and have time but it would be nice not to have it as I tend to forget. I am retired because I am old and some times don't remember thingstongue.png. But as you say it would make an immense difference if those two could work on renewals or other things. Right now they have two working on renewals with only ten appointments on line available. With two more staff they could increase the appointments to 15 or 20 depending on how you look at it.I personally think immigration is taking on things that are not really immigration. Residency permits and what not. coffee1.gif

"Also, there may be a lack of cohesive effort from state agencies on streamlining visa regulations and custom duties."

It only took about 15 minutes to get the multiple re-entry stamp. Another thing I forgot to mention is the new people that make copies of your passport and take photos for immigration. They were having trouble figuring out what to copy in everyones passport so now immigration requires you to have all of the pages in your passport copied. Of course this is good for the copy people and bad for the trees, lol. I can only imagine how difficult it is to figure out what pages need to be copied in your passport.

Hopefully, if one can point out the correct pages oneself, there is no need to copy every page in the passport?

Or get them copied before going, either by home printing or they can be done for 30-50 satang each.

And sign them and write across each one, e.g. 'for visa extension renewal Jan 31, 2013 only'........it only takes a few minutes and you never know where all this paper ends up. You should always write on any photocopies for any purpose, the reason and not just sign them.

Edited by uptheos

It only took about 15 minutes to get the multiple re-entry stamp. Another thing I forgot to mention is the new people that make copies of your passport and take photos for immigration. They were having trouble figuring out what to copy in everyones passport so now immigration requires you to have all of the pages in your passport copied. Of course this is good for the copy people and bad for the trees, lol. I can only imagine how difficult it is to figure out what pages need to be copied in your passport.

I was wondering about the time. I had not considered that you had not brought the pictures and photo copies with you. From what I have heard they can be up to an hour waiting.

I don't pay much attention to the requirements as the wife has every thing ready for me before we go. Not sure if it helps but I have the wife with me and if there is any question she shifts to Thai and clears it up. I think they are more prone to give her leeway than they would give me.

Hopefully, if one can point out the correct pages oneself, there is no need to copy every page in the passport?

Or get them copied before going, either by home printing or they can be done for 30-50 satang each.

And sign them and write across each one, e.g. 'for visa extension renewal Jan 31, 2013 only'........it only takes a few minutes and you never know where all this paper ends up. You should always write on any photocopies for any purpose, the reason and not just sign them.

I have been told (on last 2 visits) NOT to draw a line across the page - to sign on the white part of the paper... once by the "noisy" officer and once at front desk for 90 day report

I have been told (on last 2 visits) NOT to draw a line across the page - to sign on the white part of the paper... once by the "noisy" officer and once at front desk for 90 day report

I have never been told and it's standard practice in Thailand, as long as you don't obliterate something important.

Why did you still draw a line after the first visit if you were told?...... "I have been told (on last 2 visits)"

I have never been told and it's standard practice in Thailand, as long as you don't obliterate something important.

Why did you still draw a line after the first visit if you were told?...... "I have been told (on last 2 visits)"

1) because this is thailand and rules can change day to day, officer to officer

2) first time was annual renewal at inside desk, second time was 90 day report at front desk, different officers, different day... see #1

• Like 1

Yep, I won't argue with that. wink.png

But I maintain that I have never been told at immigration or any other government or non government organisation.

Edited by uptheos

But I maintain that I have never been told at immigration or any other government or non government organisation.

What you have experienced is called TIT you will get used to it. Not a big deal. Part of the Thai mystique.clap2.gif

What you have experienced is called TIT you will get used to it. Not a big deal. Part of the Thai mystique.clap2.gif

Regarding this photocopy subject, if you read correctly you will see that I haven't experienced anything at all TIT or otherwise, others have. I said that I have never been told not to write on my photocopies by ANYONE, there's nothing contradictory or mysterious about that is there?

Edited by uptheos

I was wondering about the time. I had not considered that you had not brought the pictures and photo copies with you. From what I have heard they can be up to an hour waiting.

I don't pay much attention to the requirements as the wife has every thing ready for me before we go. Not sure if it helps but I have the wife with me and if there is any question she shifts to Thai and clears it up. I think they are more prone to give her leeway than they would give me.

I had everything with me including the photos. I'm saying that immigration wanted all the pages in my passport and I travel a lot to avoid going in for the 90 day reporting. When I returned to the copy people to get a copy of my new one year retirement visa along with the front page of my passport to apply for my multiple entry stamp, they copied all the pages in my passport again.

I had everything with me including the photos. I'm saying that immigration wanted all the pages in my passport and I travel a lot to avoid going in for the 90 day reporting. When I returned to the copy people to get a copy of my new one year retirement visa along with the front page of my passport to apply for my multiple entry stamp, they copied all the pages in my passport again.

Good to know that they might do that. They have never done it to me and I had to get extra pages added to my passport.

I have to get a new passport before my next renewal and I think I will bear that in mind. It will be easy now that I travel less. Also with my new passport I am going to try to keep the stamps in order not a stamp here and a stamp there system. Don't know it might be a good luck with that thing.

I think immigration should entertain the idea of discontinuing their nonsensical 90 day reporting, and assign those two officers to completing one year visas or some other needed task.

I would guess that Chiang MaiI immigration would love to stop 90 day reporting, but can't because of national government policy.

How about having to report if we have recently moved and have a new address, and not reporting that our addresses are the same? Oh wait, that would make too much sense.

Not too mention it seems contradictory to issue a one year extension then tell you to come back every 90 days.

Makes no sense at all really. Is it just an inventory of falangs? As if anyone is actually counting.

If your gone your gone. Not like they will get a bonus if you leave early

If your still here in a year you will be back for another 1 year extension

But as they say it is what it is.

1000 baht a year & fuggetaboutit....hey that ends in tit :) No wonder it works so well :lol: