Culinary Delights

you can get lamb in macro, and rice pudding you can make that,i do, just like my mum used to make,

im in scotland at the minute working and im missing my wifes cooking more then what i miss when im at home on the farm, i must be turning thai,,lol,

jake

Only one key to my heart left unturned, vegemite. You want the red carpet treatment here, bring a jar.

Pay for my flight and I'll bring you a suitcase full tomorrow. Just to satisfy my sadistic nature here are pics of three recent meals

post-64535-0-60143900-1339860332_thumb.j

post-64535-0-82729300-1339860369_thumb.j

post-64535-0-33629400-1339860419_thumb.j

Roast shoulder of Lamb, Cod Chips & Mushy Peas and Braised Ox Tails with Champ and Cabbage mmmm

I love my roast lamb rare, if you are in Pattaya on Wednesday and Saturday Cherry's on 3rd road has a fantastic buffet with roast boneless loin of lamb (rare) if you want it more than rare, they slice it and put it on the grill right there. Also Shenanigans in the Avenue has a Saturday and Sunday brunch starting at noon with boneless shoulder of lamb, some rare cuts always available, I think the price is B450 for their "carvery".

hi all there seems to be a thing for lamb I brought a Webber bbq to Thailand about 10years ago and its still like new every time I go to the Los I take 3 legs of lamb big hit with the out laws but not with the young women of the family they believe if you eat lamb (Ga)you won't fall pregnant but the old girls all dig in the men well they eat anything regards Russell

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Thaivisa Connect App

So what do I miss here in the outback, bread. Simply that a decent loaf of wholemeal bread. UNSLICED and CRUSTY.

It has been so long that I have rebelled and say stuff it if I cant have good bread, then I'll have a BLT without it. Here is the proof in the bacon!

post-56811-0-73135000-1340545284_thumb.j

So I went a little further and got past the need for a REAL bread roll for the hamburger. Try a pasta crusted bacon, cheese and onion burger

post-56811-0-60518300-1340545444_thumb.j

Bread, who needs it?

Only one key to my heart left unturned, vegemite. You want the red carpet treatment here, bring a jar.

No vegemite fan, but didn't the yanks buy the company and change the stuff to be a cheese flavour. Jim

Only in name not flavour, still vegetable yeast extract, which means fungus that has the consistency and appearance of axle grease. But I dont call local Kraft products, cheese flavoured either. Real cheese is now here in Sisaket if you know Frank's place then he is now the big cheese.

So what do I miss here in the outback, bread. Simply that a decent loaf of wholemeal bread. UNSLICED and CRUSTY.

It has been so long that I have rebelled and say stuff it if I cant have good bread, then I'll have a BLT without it. Here is the proof in the bacon!

post-56811-0-73135000-1340545284_thumb.j

So I went a little further and got past the need for a REAL bread roll for the hamburger. Try a pasta crusted bacon, cheese and onion burger

post-56811-0-60518300-1340545444_thumb.j

Bread, who needs it?

I just know you will like this pictures, on demand; fresh from the oven.

Bagels & smoked salmon & cream cheese for brunch.

Amazing stuff can be found here !

Best regards.

post-14625-0-39093800-1340625654_thumb.j

post-14625-0-06472700-1340625696_thumb.j

Edited by soidog2

Best regards.

Attached Thumbnails

• post-14625-0-06472700-1340625696_thumb.jpg
  • post-14625-0-39093800-1340625654_thumb.jpg

Soidog2 , that's amazing in Thailand. Where on earth did you acquire such manna?

Best regards.

Attached Thumbnails

• post-14625-0-06472700-1340625696_thumb.jpg
  • post-14625-0-39093800-1340625654_thumb.jpg

Soidog2 , that's amazing in Thailand. Where on earth did you acquire such manna?

Wife bakes when we run low.

After all, Thailand is about self sufficiency !

post-14625-0-54131200-1340689021_thumb.j

• 5 weeks later...

I found I can find pretty much everything here now that I've sourced 1/2 sour pickles, Frank's Red Hot Sauce, fresh fennel etc. As I can cook most things quite well myself it's not a matter of finding someone who can but what I miss is real restaurants, with knowledgable staff, atmosphere, a menu that reflects an understanding of the food they are serving and all the little things that make dining out a pleasure. I do know a few in the cities but it takes going to a lot to find the gems.

Isaan Aussie,

post-22588-0-42505000-1343215335_thumb.j

post-22588-0-56489400-1343215357_thumb.j

Get yourself a bread maker, available in Chiang Mai, top floor of Robinsons in airport Plaza, not sure about elsewhere.

I use 50/50 general purpose white & home grown whole wheat.

Real bread & crusty, Great with Marmite.

I was salivating by the time I looked at all these pics! As bad as it sounds - a really good Oz meat pie is hard to beat.

I just had a Monty Python thought about 'lemmingtons' I saw thousands over little square creatures with tiny legs, covered in chocolate and coconut, throwing themselves off a cliff for no good reason.

• 6 months later...

Toasted crumpets soaked in butter and extra thick chunky marmalade on top!

very easy to make mate, you need crumpet rings made from food tins. I made them every month until I got sick of them.

Edited by cooked

• 1 month later...

While I was at the farm in Nakhon Phanom last August / September I craved for a pork pie, real cheddar cheese and Branston Pickle for both. On the booze front a pint of London Pride or a glass of Chenin Blanc from Vouvray.

I introduced the TGF and family to pasta in its various dishes and they all loved it - but only after smothering it with Soy Sauce. Now they say I must return quickly as they miss (my) pasta dish. Until I return next week from the UK I crave the baked fish plucked from the local fish farm.

Am salivating

regards all

Stephen (aka Falangchok)

Tim Armstrong: The best commercial pies are the Aussie meat pie company, made in Phuket and sold in many expat supermarkets, beef and mushroom are the chunky ones thumbsup.gif

Seriously guys, go buy an oven and teach ya misses how to use it. Maybe I am spoilt I dunno, but we have about 4 oven meals a week, and at least 2 cake cooking sessions, cant stop her. thumbsup.gif

Learns from youtube !!

Lamb is one of those strange ones in Thailand. Thais think they hate lamb, but they sure love eating it and want more when they don't know it is lamb. I think they are brainwashed at birth with the other brainwashing about their neighbors and ghost. Except for the imported "expensive" stuff, most "lamb" is mutton, old chewy wool sheep, no wonder they don't like it & many restaurants that do buy some decent stuff don't have a clue how to cook it.

My best advice to folks out in the middle of no-where in Issan, (apart from relocating giggle.gif ) is to get a decent bread maker, changed my life. You can get them at Robinsons, although it looked flimsy, just bring a good one back with you.