Lady Gaga In Hot Water Over Bangkok Concert

webfact

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guess what, I am going to go with the Thai cultural ministry on this one.

It is in poor taste, as a guest, to use a national flag in that manner. Show some manners missy!

Show some respect to the modern queen of pop, Massie!

i'd be offended seeing her in a skimpy outfit too.

You might do, but would you make a federal case about it, as the government of Thailand is doing?

C'mon, the guy is takin the pizz. "just as she was when she made reference to fake Rolex's"

Has she failed to notice that hardly one comedy routine. in the Western world, passes by without some joking reference to Thailand - most of this is drawn from peoples perceptions. It now seems that the Thai culture minister is supplying them with new material directly. You do not bring about change with words and if you want to change perception then you have to change the causes of those perceptions. The only people offended by Lady Gaga's performances are those who generally find the human body unatractive and those who find this have usually done so as a result of too much mirror gazing.

• Like 1

THIS is the Culture Ministerpost-9891-0-20038600-1339756077_thumb.jpwho seems fit only to judge this culturepost-9891-0-61755900-1339756108_thumb.jp.

On the other hand, nobody seems to be upset about the proud display of Old Glory.post-9891-0-07927800-1339756284.jpg That is because like the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and numerous other mature and self confident countries, people are still patriotic without getting their knickers in a knot like the Thai Minister seems to have done. (assuming he wears knickers)

• Like 1

"We are not asking police to prosecute her but it's our normal procedure to file complaints to concerned agencies when we receive them."

So what's the point of it?

I think the point is that the Thai Culture minister deemed it necesssary to gain some media attention, and this was their only available target.

What I can never figure out is why none of these officials can ever seem to understand that their lobotomized reactions to such issues only serve to make them look even more stupid than people already perceive them to be.

• Like 1

I just checked on google images. The flag was attached to the bike on a short flag pole so she wasn't wearing it. And it seems very much part of the show as there are other pictures showing other flags.

sent from my Wellcom A90+

• Like 1

Prosecute Lady Gaga for doing a concert in your country?! Thai audacity never ceases to amaze. They're just upset because the Thai concert didn't generate as much buzz or controversy as Indonesia's. Thailand feels like it didn't complain loudly enough. They should do a once over of the concert again to look for anything else that someone could be potentially offended by; I'm sure Gaga concerts are a gold-mine. I would love to take Thais on a tour of their own city so that they can see all the skimpy outfits donned by Thai hookers who are surrounded by scam artists and other human filth operating underneath Thai flags all over the Kingdom. Wouldn't do any good though, I fear: you can't smell yourself when you stink.

• Like 1

"We are not asking police to prosecute her but it's our normal procedure to file complaints to concerned agencies when we receive them."

Pathetic little people with pathetic little qualms and quibbles who are trying to act like grown ups.

• Like 1

I think the point is that the Thai Culture minister deemed it necesssary to gain some media attention, and this was their only available target.

You mean they have finally won the battle to claim Intellectual Property over pressing one finger and thumb together.

Sounds like sour grapes to me. The Thai Culture Ministry is upset that a foreign artiste is more popular and getting more publicity than their wonderful home-grown entertainers so they are doing their best to ensure that Lady Gaga and other Western acts don't play in their country again.

You mean they have finally won the battle to claim Intellectual Property over pressing one finger and thumb together.

It is another "Don't give them your name Pike" moment.

The increased exposure/publicity Lady Gaga gets from this is the same as the BBC banning the Sex Pistols. It must be good if the authorities say it is wrong.

Well, this is what the Thai govt. does. They waste people's time, money, and welfare criticizing crap like this, instead of enacting corruption laws, reigning in the out of control military, or doing things that benefit the Thia people. Just another example of "monkey nationalism".

• Like 2

i'd be offended seeing her in a skimpy outfit too.

I would be offended if I didn't see skimpy. When was displaying a flag such a bad thing, from a nation that thinks Hitler gard is funny. Just relax people

Grow up!!!!!!!!

People at the concert probably loved it.

Exactly!! haha!!

i was there at the concert (in the front 2 rows).. everyone cheered and loved it!! most people were teenagers and 20 year olds, college students etc.

everyone was CHEERING when she put on the thai hat and sang on the bike while playing piano. it was almost a show-stopping song.

to tell the truth, all the people were cheering and singing along. I was there. I saw it!

she actually made a few obvious "digs" about certain freedoms of expression!!!... but it obviously went 'over the heads' of certain people!! so it got missed. when she said it, I was thinking there would be some newspaper headline. but the thai authorities seemed to miss it!!

about the hat and bike. no one (among the few hundred that I could see, or the tens-of-thousands- that I saw cheering and singing) no one seemed to care.

I think its just a few authorities that enjoy complaining about anything.

Is this serious? With all of the other crazy, ridiculous things going on in Thailand they get their panties in a wad over this? Who are these insecure, vindictive, ovey sensitive little people who actually care about stuff like this?

But this is perfectly acceptable.

I have never been in a country that displays the British Flag as much as This one on the Arse of their Jeans,Handbags, Motorbikes,Luggage their Purses etc, etc, i am not particularly patriotic believe me but even i get offended sometimes when i see this blatant disrespect of the British Flag, and there complaining about Lady GOOGOO displaying their flag in an offensive manner ! The fact the Thai Government must of made a small fortune from this concert not to mention the amount of T money that must of been backhanded in order for it to take place, now the cash is safely tucked away lets drum up some patriotic BS !

Another pathetic statement from the culture ministry, how about they do something about her pirated albums or is that just part of the culture?

I give you the current Thai Minister of Culture... Sukumol Kunplome.

This not a joke. This is the official photo of her on the Thai website: http://thainews.prd....ewscabinet.html

This woman should not throw stones? I think she lives in a pretty big glass house!

29.jpg

And we all know who her father in law is.