Thaksin Wants To Make Deals: Suthep

webfact

Well please do share your OTHER statistics on corruption

Do I NEED to have my own statistics to point the false claims about those presented by yourself and others?

Would you prefer lies, damned lies, or statistics? (Apologies to Twain)

Discounting the only independent information available because it conflicts with your party line;

The statistics don't conflict with anything. Your interpretation conflicts with the statistics and what the publisher of those statistics says about them.

• Like 2

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well please do share your OTHER statistics on corruption

Do I NEED to have my own statistics to point the false claims about those presented by yourself and others?

Would you prefer lies, damned lies, or statistics? (Apologies to Twain)

Discounting the only independent information available because it conflicts with your party line;

The statistics don't conflict with anything. Your interpretation conflicts with the statistics and what the publisher of those statistics says about them.

One has to remember that during Thaksin´s years as PM the world economy was booming.

"When Thaksin was running the government he was the centre of corruption, but in the Abhisit administration corruption had spread to to all ministries. I believe there is more corruption now than during the Thaksin administration,” Mr Sondhi Limthongkul said.

post-1430-0-45503500-1322801378.jpgFirst

Transparency International’s Corruption Perception Index gives a score out of 10 and the higher the CPI the less corrupt a country is perceived to be.

It’s interesting that Thailand’s numerical scores on the corruption index improved under Thaksin. They nose dived the year after the coup. So much for the theory that the coup was staged to end corruption or that it got less corrupt under Abhisit.

First of all I doubt that numbers. Second Thaksin really surpressed the small corruption, he concentratet it on his own pocket. It may reduced the small corruption which is actually good, but the damage he did is much worse.

"When Thaksin was running the government he was the centre of corruption, but in the Abhisit administration corruption had spread to to all ministries. I believe there is more corruption now than during the Thaksin administration,” Mr Sondhi Limthongkul said.

post-1430-0-45503500-1322801378.jpg

Transparency International’s Corruption Perception Index gives a score out of 10 and the higher the CPI the less corrupt a country is perceived to be.

It’s interesting that Thailand’s numerical scores on the corruption index improved under Thaksin. They nose dived the year after the coup. So much for the theory that the coup was staged to end corruption or that it got less corrupt under Abhisit.

Actually that shows a HUGE rise under Thaksin and only descends when he spent so much time dealing with PAD and the election debacles, that he had little time to run his graft empire. The spike is squarely under Thaksin and had to do with things finally being uncovered that his power had been keeping hidden for a time.

But why let a timeline showing your point is lost confuse a good rant.

The perception of Thaksins regime going good too bad is because he was successfully quashing investigations for so long. Once the truth was being made public, people bulling past the intimidation and silencing of primary sources, perceptions of his regimes corruption went big time.

Yes, the interpretation of statistics is the evil science of mind control via official seeming facts, twisted to a particular use. Mr. Twain was quite right.

Thaksin made a deal with the man he should hate the most in Thailand, the coup leader, Sonthi Boonyaratkolin.

He even made him the sponsor of the reconciliation/whitewash bill!

So if Thaksin can forgive the man who engineered his downfall, provided there is benefit in the deal for him,well surely he can negotiate with fellow MPs such as Suthep whom he's known for years for some supposed mutual win win situation.